• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 2.5 ) at Washington ( -2.5 ) —- T: 205
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 3.5 ) at Miami ( -3.5 ) —- T: 194
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6.5 ) at Toronto ( -6.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 6.5 ) at Chicago ( -6.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    10:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 205.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• tmat

No !@#$ It takes a coach to help orchestrate this kind of madness as well!

• mabrla

@tonytone1908 said...

the NHL ones actually saved my night on those 2 challenges. Stacked my boy Kane’s line, picked a winning goalie and filled in the rest using Fantasy Cruncher as a guide. I’m thinking tomorrow is gonna be you have to play the Slam? Can’t be CFB because that starts at noon tomorrow and they don’t tell you the challenge til 10 a.m. That wouldn’t give people much time to get in.

Did they do anything like this last year?

• Green_Ranger_91

It’s because the Wiz play their small ball lineup, meaning Porter isn’t always playing SF. He may be playing PF. Similar to TJ Warren last night; he played a little SG. It’s just the nature of the game and why DVP matters but can’t be the end all, be all.

• tonytone1908

@mabrla said...

Did they do anything like this last year?

Nope. This and the cross sport survivors have been brand new. Wish they would do stuff like this more often.

• Darkman33

I really need to determine if I just straight suck at NBA or am I just having a string of bad luck. I feel like I’m making good picks, do research and everything but I haven’t hit cash in like 2 weeks. Nba is hard.

• tonytone1908

Guy wins the Shot with 8 total wins, all NBA, in 9 months, and nobody bats an eye.

• elmore0631

Ish smith dang it.. 26th in sharpshooter with his complete dud!!! I don’t think he’s played a game so bad all year.

• pn3

well at least i backed into cashing in my double up because of noel, so it’s not a total shutout

• munco

Was that Lakers possession a steal for Noel and a turnover for whomever threw the ball up 30 feet in the air?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

I am pleased with my results.

• mabrla

@tonytone1908 said...

Nope. This and the cross sport survivors have been brand new. Wish they would do stuff like this more often.

Yeah for sure. It’s definitely a smart way to get people playing the other sports on their site as well.

Probably is a sneaky way to let people know it’s a skill game too haha. I don’t know a single players name in CFB and I got smoked today.

• FargoBison

@tonytone1908 said...

Guy wins the Shot with 8 total wins, all NBA, in 9 months, and nobody bats an eye.

Why exactly do eyes need to be batting over it?

• kiarahataly

Was able to min cash with that final second steal from Noel. Complete duds from Ish and Derozan.

• KRD227

That last Lou Will/Noel thing cost me $30 lol…..had Lou. I consider myself lucky to make a $100 profit tonight considering I faded both Noel and Porter. Zeller and Lou saved my team tonight. Bad decision was switching out Noel/Gortat for Vucevic/Taj. I thought I was done at halftime of that last game…looks like Lou turned it on in the 2nd half. Tomorrow has lots of stars and not a lot of great value going to be tough!

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

1-2 changes to this line up and my night would have been sooo much better. Oh well at least I saw some sort of cash.

https://www.fanduel.com/games/14245/contests/14245-21252727/entries/365366400/scoring

• KRD227

@munco said...

Was that Lakers possession a steal for Noel and a turnover for whomever threw the ball up 30 feet in the air?

Yes…TO for Lou and steal for Noel and it cost me $30 lol

• jrob2517

Anyone catch the last play of Lakers/Sixers game? Lou Will is dribbling out the clock and tosses the ball high in the air, Noel catches the ball as the just before the buzzer sounds. Turnover for Williams, steal for Noel and 1st and 2nd place in the Swat switch places.

• mabrla

@Darkman33 said...

I really need to determine if I just straight suck at NBA or am I just having a string of bad luck. I feel like I’m making good picks, do research and everything but I haven’t hit cash in like 2 weeks. Nba is hard.

Depends on what contests your playing.

It’s easy to think you suck playing against 150k in low stakes. When I had a bigger bankroll last year I cashed 5/7 nights in the $25+. I’ve barely touched the cash line all year in the $2 and I don’t think I’m any worse. I just refuse to deposit currently.

Running hot or cold is usually relative to the competition IMO.

• tonytone1908

@Darkman33 said...

For me it seems like it takes me a whole season to finally get the hang of a sport and then it’s done for the year. I didn’t hit my stride til after the all star break last year. I think you get a lot of NFL’ers playing just to play and they aren’t very skilled at NBA. Plus rotations and roles start to solidify a little more. Teams know if they’re going to make a push or give up. You get a good deal more data to work with also.

Hang in there. If you’re playing GPP’s you have to get used to losing streaks. To take a tournament down you have to make risky plays and a lot of times they backfire. Eventually, one night, they’ll all come together and it’ll make those days you lost well worth it.

Look over winning LU’s. See where you went wrong. If you swap out someone you loved all day because you tinkered at the last minute, STOP tinkering at the last minute. Find a strategy and stick with it if you find yourself coming close. If you don’t, try something new.

Most nights you’re going to need at least one close to min salary guy that gets you 30+ and at least 2 guys under 10% ownership. As long as you have a couple low owned guys you can get away with high ownership on a couple of your other players if they’re “must have” guys that night. Find that cheap, under 5% owned punt that goes off for 8-10x and you’ve got a recipe for success.

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@tonytone1908 said...

The Shot only ever gets won with luck….too many people in that thing. Real skill shines in higher buy ins with less people….you probably know that though lol. But someone with almost no wins will win The Shot almost every night cuz of the high variance of having so many entries

• chronoxiong

I’m so sad and disappointed. My dummy lineup before I went out for New Year’s was Walker, Smith, Derozan, Lou Williams, Melo, Porter, Gibson, Zeller, Gortat. And then I dramatically changed that lineup into the ones seen in my 50/50s which turned out to be worst. I can’t believe this at all. I’m so lucky to manage to win half the money I spent. But my goal is to always win all my games. Not just some or half. I knew Fournier was going to bust. He’s just not consistent which was why I originally went Lou in my dummy lineup. I have been dealing with a sickness these past two days. I hope my sickness gets better tomorrow since tomorrow is a 9 game slate with not much value. I need to properly figure this out because I haven’t had a GPP cash for a week now.

• tonytone1908

@FargoBison said...

Why exactly do eyes need to be batting over it?

Because people cry foul play when a pro has a huge night but a guy with 8 wins takes down a tournament and nobody finds that odd? Must be the luckiest skilled guy in the world.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@jrob2517 said...

Anyone catch the last play of Lakers/Sixers game? Lou Will is dribbling out the clock and tosses the ball high in the air, Noel catches the ball as the just before the buzzer sounds. Turnover for Williams, steal for Noel and 1st and 2nd place in the Swat switch places.

Nerlens was in 2nd so he jumped extra high to get that last second garbage steal!!

• unageo09

I finished with 308.1 points, in 389th place in the Friday NBA Dribbler Single Entry. I had Lou, Noel, and Nance Jr left to play and they finished the night up for me pretty well Nance was only 2.4% owned and had 24.8 points. Not bad. Wade almost screwed me big time but thankfully was able to come in and get 22 points. I was sweating that one out in the first half. I’ll take my five bucks over nothing. Only lineup I played tonight.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@tonytone1908 said...

Because people cry foul play when a pro has a huge night but a guy with 8 wins takes down a tournament and nobody finds that odd? Must be the luckiest skilled guy in the world.

people like the NY AG who cry foul? Since when does it matter what retarded people think? lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.