• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Utah ( 3 ) at Toronto ( -3 ) —- T: 210.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 10.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -10.5 ) —- T: 218
    9:00 PM EST : New York ( 14 ) at Denver ( -14 ) —- T: 218
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( -1.5 ) at Sacramento ( 1.5 ) —- T: 230.5
    10:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3 ) at LA Clippers ( -3 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

@mambaland said...

questionable to make it a whole game

Is Exum a good fade today? And with Crowder back?

• Njsum1

@draggin49 said...

Also I know people were saying 76ers have been bad vs PF but wasn’t that predominantly from back when saric was the PF?

No, it’s recently too…it’s not like Centers versus Brooklyn, yet it seems like it’s defintely a thing

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

I think the Pistons are lost as a whole. Casey has been really happy with Bruce Brown who seems to be the one taking minutes from Stanley as he’s pushed Bullock to the 3 and they need his shooting. That whole chunk of Galloway, Brown, SJ, Kennard, and Bullock is kind of messy. I wish I had an answer, because it’s potentially a good spot for any of those guys. Browns trademark is supposed to be his D, so him and Stanley are kind of interchangeable and right now and Brown seems to be the guy. I don’t think you can play Stanley with any confidence right now. Bullock is the guy you want, and if you want to go cheaper I’d play Kennard or take a shot at Brown finding a new ceiling before I’d play Stanley.

Noted. If Brown could shoot, that dude would be decent. Then again, I guess you could say the same thing about Stanley.

• captainwacky

One last DET question— I saw somewhere that Zaza was doubtful for today. If that’s the case, that game has some variable outcomes that would get Leuer some burn (I’d have to believe). Thoughts there?

• BBWC_10

Happy New Year fellow grinders, May your year be filled with good health and green finishes! Love the Lillard/Nurk combo today, I never play Reddick but tonight is the night for me.

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

One last DET question— I saw somewhere that Zaza was doubtful for today. If that’s the case, that game has some variable outcomes that would get Leuer some burn (I’d have to believe). Thoughts there?

Leuer revenge factor, probably also have some college buddies at the game. Too bad Ellenson is out as well. Lots of Milwaukee connections.

• Calicapo

Which PF do you guys feel safest vs NY?

Wish I had the stones to play Millsap

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

Yeah, I would think Leuer would be the back up C, which should lock in 12-15 minutes. I’d think he’d get blowout run too.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I would think Leuer would be the back up C, which should lock in 12-15 minutes. I’d think he’d get blowout run too.

Might be a bit too thin, but it’s always a good New Year’s resolution to be thinner ;)

• mambaland

i keep finding knox in my lineup…no one else think he is in a good spot

• eatmyturf23

@casper said...

He played 31 and 37 min the last two games and has 30 fp upside in this match up

At the expense of Turner and then Turner+Leonard, but both games were vs GSW and the broader history implies Turner will keep his mins. Moe is a very low usage player. My 2 cents.

• noddy

I have Vonleh in my lineup and for some reason I don’t feel good about it

• jess701

oh boy here we go again!

• tmarohl

@noddy said...

I have Vonleh in my lineup and for some reason I don’t feel good about it

I wouldn’t feel good either.

• keephustlincuz

@mambaland said...

i keep finding knox in my lineup…no one else think he is in a good spot

Change your password. Someone is obviously logging in and putting knox in your lineup.

• superjon

@tmarohl said...

I wouldn’t feel good either.

Why?

I mean, the foul trouble keeps him from ever being a core piece, but at 6,200 on FD he’s got 7x upside.

• kps3205s

I read an interesting article in Newsday about Enes Kanter situation.

I’m starting to think Coach Fizdale understands he’s screwing the DFS community. Here’s the quote about him addressing the team before practice yesterday. In it you can tell he makes a statement about not being a robot (set rotation, etc.) and that it does affect people. See, this is his coded message to the DFS player to really not try to figure his rotation out.

“We talked to the group about it — just frustrations that come with being in and out of the lineup,” Fizdale said. “He’s not the only one. We got a bunch of them pulled in and out. I just wanted them to know I’m not a robot. I know that what I’m doing may affect you one way or another, but you got to respond to it in the right way and make sure you bring yourself to work with a positive attitude and trying to contribute to the group. That’s what I keep pushing to them — staying with the group and chopping the tree.

Just figured I’d share my tinfoil cap Mensa moment with all of you.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/enes-kanter-1.25248543

• tmarohl

@superjon said...

Why?

I mean, the foul trouble keeps him from ever being a core piece, but at 6,200 on FD he’s got 7x upside.

Just a feeling

• Mcgratsa

Mudiay revenge, anyone?

• jess701

@kps3205s said...

I read an interesting article in Newsday about Enes Kanter situation.

I’m starting to think Coach Fizdale understands he’s screwing the DFS community. Here’s the quote about him addressing the team before practice yesterday. In it you can tell he makes a statement about not being a robot (set rotation, etc.) and that it does affect people. See, this is his coded message to the DFS player to really not try to figure his rotation out.

“We talked to the group about it — just frustrations that come with being in and out of the lineup,” Fizdale said. “He’s not the only one. We got a bunch of them pulled in and out. I just wanted them to know I’m not a robot. I know that what I’m doing may affect you one way or another, but you got to respond to it in the right way and make sure you bring yourself to work with a positive attitude and trying to contribute to the group. That’s what I keep pushing to them — staying with the group and chopping the tree.

Just figured I’d share my tinfoil cap Mensa moment with all of you.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/enes-kanter-1.25248543

he probably plays fanduel himself and pulls players to give him a edge on his lineups lol!

• kps3205s

@keephustlincuz said...

Can you make any sense of the Det sg rotation?

Honestly I don’t do enough research to even try to figure that piece out. Low roller, single LU and currently on a 10 day NBA GPP dry streak.

My input is very basic on here and the forum allows me to confirm if I’m going in the right direction and add a few good wrestling GIFs…

• superjon

@tmarohl said...

Just a feeling

Fair enough. Full disclosure. He is in my pool but I actually have more exposure to Favors.

• noddy

@Mcgratsa said...

Mudiay revenge, anyone?

yep a lot of people on here…go back to the beginning and it’s all over the place

• kps3205s

@Pandamonious said...

Value right now is hard to come by. Don’t have any issues with those names. A couple of things though…

Harris might be back tonight. If he is does, does Beasley lose minutes? Bullock is technically playing SF now, but I don’t think that changes much. Bullock is the type of player, position or not that rips the Bucks. Shumpert is fine, but that price is dicey.

McConnell doesn’t have a lot of upside, but he just keeps getting 20-25 minutes and 20-25 DK points, whether Embiid is in or not. This is a really nice spot for Chandler too. He’s obviously even better if Embiid is out, but he’s not that worst play even if he does suit up.

Always appreciate you input and replies.

Hope you take down some more big GPP in 2019.

• captainwacky

Since we’re all getting our best absurd theories out of the way for the New Year, I’m making one lineup based solely on the players I think partied the least leveraged versus their teammates that probably party the most. I think Kawhi and Giannis both top that ranking, which makes for some interesting lineup construction.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).