7:00 PM EST : Boston ( -8.5 ) at Detroit ( 8.5 ) — T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Brooklyn ( -6 ) — T: 244.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 14.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -14.5 ) — T: 233.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 1 ) at Minnesota ( -1 ) — T: 234.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) at San Antonio ( 6.5 ) — T: 230
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) — T: 220.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -3.5 ) at Utah ( 3.5 ) — T: 220.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -3.5 ) at Golden State ( 3.5 ) — T: 235

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Draymond and Wiseman both missed training camp. This team has barely played together yet. The defense is totally disconnected and they’re fouling like crazy. They’re not going to shoot 20% from 3 for the whole season. I’m gonna give it a little more time before lighting my hair on fire.

Fair, but there are too many teams in the West with much more talent. I would be looking at what the market is for my one good asset, which is Steph. I know Steph is a loyal dude, but I bet he wouldn’t mind being moved to a championship contender. I tend to think though the only place he would really be interested in going would be Charlotte, so he could be back near home, but that isn’t any better than the Golden State situation. I guess I thought that Steph was younger than he is. I didn’t know he was 31. He is a free agent after next season. They should probably try to move him, because when he is 33, he will not be signing back up with the Warriors if they are not championship caliber.

• tmarohl

Steph for Terry Rozier, Cody Zeller, LaMello Ball, Devontae Graham, and about two first round picks and pick swaps.
    I then move Rozier, and Zeller for other younger players and picks.
    Then you have Wiseman and LaMello to build around.

Wiggins to the Knicks for Randle, Dennis Smith and Kevin Knox
    Randle and Smith are expiring contracts. Try to extract a first round pick out of this deal.

Draymond to Chicago for Zach LaVine and Luke Kornet and a first round pick.
    Then flip Lavine for more young assets.

Or Draymond to Atlanta so he can be closer to his next job as a TNT analyst.
    Tony Snell, Hunter, Collins and a pick.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Steph for Terry Rozier, Cody Zeller, LaMello Ball, Devontae Graham, and about two first round picks and pick swaps.

You know Steph wants to retire as a Warrior, right?
    And you know the Warriors want to keep him, right?

You’re suggesting pipe dreams, my friend.

• tmarohl

He is not going to want to retire with no shot to win again. He has felt that feeling a couple times, and will not want to be playing just for money.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

If that is the way you feel, you should be trading everyone not named Steph and Wiseman and bringing in some talent. Warriors have a lot of overpaid guys and they are significantly over the cap. Flip Dray, Wiggins, Oubre. Hope that Klay has something left. It is criminal paying those kind of taxes with guys who are just not that good like Wiggins and Dray.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Steph wanted to retire a Warrior when the Warriors were good. I don’t think he wants to retire a Warrior with no shot to make the playoffs. I think Steph wants to win more championships. Ain’t happening the way the Warriors are currently constructed.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

He is not going to want to retire with no shot to win again. He has felt that feeling a couple times, and will not want to be playing just for money.

But he doesn’t feel that they have no shot to win again, unless he’s been lying his ass off.
    Klay’s not dead. KD and Wall both look fine coming off their Achilles surgeries, and they’re both more athletic players than Klay. They just drafted the favorite for ROY.

Steph will stay.

• gaelicgirl

Would you like to make a small wager that he signs his next contract?

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

But he doesn’t feel that they have no shot to win again, unless he’s been lying his ass off.
    Klay’s not dead. KD and Wall both look fine coming off their Achilles surgeries, and they’re both more athletic players than Klay. They just drafted the favorite for ROY.

Steph will stay.

Klay is as good as dead. ACL and Achilles in a one year period on a 30 year old guy. He will never be the same. So now two bad legs.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Would you like to make a small wager that he signs his next contract?

Not at this point. I think Steph and ownership will both come to the conclusion at some point that a rebuild is in the future. The question is do they build around Steph, or do they both work out an understanding where they will trade Steph to a place of his choosing. They owe him that. If he says screw it, I got my championships, and just want’s to be the best player on a bad team, and retire a Warrior, he will. One thing for sure, Warriors are not staying in that repeater tax for several years if they feel they are not championship contenders. I understand this year. They thought they were getting a healthy Steph, Klay and Dray and wanted to run it back. That is no longer an option, so paying $100 million, year after year in luxury tax, for a team that probably won’t make the playoffs, is not probably worth it.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Klay is as good as dead.

Well, don’t tell Steph or Klay!

Manhattans again?

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Well, don’t tell Steph or Klay!

Manhattans again?

I ran out of Brandy.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I ran out of Brandy.

LOL That sucks. I see a trip to the liquor store in your future!

• tmarohl

Seriously though, Steph is 31. Klay is 30 and Draymond is 30. Three guys in the core, one of who probably won’t even be ready for next year, is not a formula for success. Warriors need to get young. Best way for that to happen is to trade Steph and Dray, and then hope that Klay is a shell of his former self and trade him next year. Three guys by themselves that make up the majority of the cap. In a year where you can’t even get revenue from the season ticket holders. Especially in the lockdown state of California. At some point, they are going to shake that team up and get under the cap and get younger. If Steph wants to retire a Warrior, he will. I would not be shocked though if he is approached in the near future about asking what he want’s long term, and if he is interested in a trade.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

LOL That sucks. I see a trip to the liquor store in your future!

They closed early today being a holiday and all.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Seriously though, Steph is 31. Klay is 30 and Draymond is 30.

And LeBron is 36. What’s your point?
    Chase Center is the house that Steph built, and it will be printing money again once this BS is over. Lacob and Guber aren’t worried about how much it’s going to cost to keep the core together as long as possible.

• superjon

@tmarohl said...

Steph wanted to retire a Warrior when the Warriors were good. I don’t think he wants to retire a Warrior with no shot to make the playoffs. I think Steph wants to win more championships. Ain’t happening the way the Warriors are currently constructed.

I think there are still players that will put loyalty to an organization and money over chasing championships.

Giannis, for example.

• internetfamous

Jones Jr 3rd steal wasn’t even a steal… If they stat correct it (they wont) ill win a ton of money :(

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

And LeBron is 36. What’s your point?
    Chase Center is the house that Steph built, and it will be printing money again once this BS is over. Lacob and Guber aren’t worried about how much it’s going to cost to keep the core together as long as possible.

I don’t believe that. They will do what Steph wants. If he wants to retire a Warrior, he will. If he wants to end his career on a contender, the Warriors will accommodate him.

• tmarohl

@superjon said...

I think there are still players that will put loyalty to an organization and money over chasing championships.

Giannis, for example.

They did a good job convincing Giannis that he would be competing for championships. Probably not the case, but he believes that.

• jdtrey

@tmarohl said...

Klay is as good as dead. ACL and Achilles in a one year period on a 30 year old guy. He will never be the same. So now two bad legs.

Sorry for jumping in late but I usually respect your opinion on most things but I have to say this is flat out the worst take I think I’ve seen you make on these forums. I have a HUGE feeling you’re vastly underestimating modern science (surgery and rehab methods) and both the drive and work ethic of Klay. This kid could come back even better than he was. He’s not some explosive guy that needs a super fast first step or something, he’s a tenacious defender and quite possibly the best catch and shoot guy we’ve ever seen. What was it 60 points on 11 dribbles? He’s not going to forget how to hound someone and he’s not going to forget how to shoot.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).