7:00 PM EST : Boston ( -8.5 ) at Detroit ( 8.5 ) — T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Brooklyn ( -6 ) — T: 244.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 14.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -14.5 ) — T: 233.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 1 ) at Minnesota ( -1 ) — T: 234.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) at San Antonio ( 6.5 ) — T: 230
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) — T: 220.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -3.5 ) at Utah ( 3.5 ) — T: 220.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -3.5 ) at Golden State ( 3.5 ) — T: 235

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• hiserrot

Does anyone else think luka looks a little overweight? Maybe its just because its the start of the season but he looks a lot slower imo

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

The self imposed DFS ban for the rest of 2020 was tough. I’m glad its over and ready to get back to it after the layoff.

Last night I Woke up at 3 am from a nightmare. Or maybe I was awake and hallucinating. I was trapped in the middle of nowhere and these snowflakes kept falling on me no matter where I ran to. They kept piling up around me and I was starting to get covered in snow. These flames would keep dancing around me, almost mockingly, trying to melt off some of the snow, but there wasn’t enough. Finally the snow subsided and stopped. I guess it thought they had done enough damage and left me for dead.

I got out from the pile of heavy snow that was left and ran. I ran and found a road with a little market. I was so thirsty from fighting and running away from the snowflakes, I was depleted. I needed water and food. I grabbed some things and opened my wallet to pay, but there was no money in it. I dont know how it happened, but I can only assume, as crazy as it sounds, that the snow somehow swallowed it all up and took everything from me.

Luckily, it wasn’t real….or was it?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@hiserrot said...

Does anyone else think luka looks a little overweight? Maybe its just because its the start of the season but he looks a lot slower imo

Yeah, he’s a little pudgy. He looks like me about 15 years ago, before I went full Harden in the last couple years.

• BazookaDad

Anybody else fading all the big boys and going Conley/Neto on FD? I hope i’m the only one, haha

• Bodiaz36

Conley/Neto or swap Conley for Jrue/Neto is a viable strategy at PG on FD imo. Just load up at SG, lot of heavy hitters there. Of course, naturally Luka, Dame, and Kyrie will all drop 60…

• Jsmitty123433

RG Overall Ranking

Conley gives me some pause back to back and Conley only goes 50 burgers when no one even mentions him lol

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Nice! I love a good mystery

No Neto’s for me. Full fade. Feel like he will get 15 or less FP today. They have Ish Smith also. OK maybe I will do a couple Neto’s just because Chalk and to jam in KD Curry and Lill. LOL.. but in all seriousness I doubt Neto does what he did last time. Lucky to get half of what he got last time IMO

• jg005

Gafford?

• samuri8

@Pandamonious said...

The self imposed DFS ban for the rest of 2020 was tough. I’m glad its over and ready to get back to it after the layoff.

Last night I Woke up at 3 am from a nightmare. Or maybe I was awake and hallucinating. I was trapped in the middle of nowhere and these snowflakes kept falling on me no matter where I ran to. They kept piling up around me and I was starting to get covered in snow. These flames would keep dancing around me, almost mockingly, trying to melt off some of the snow, but there wasn’t enough. Finally the snow subsided and stopped. I guess it thought they had done enough damage and left me for dead.

I got out from the pile of heavy snow that was left and ran. I ran and found a road with a little market. I was so thirsty from fighting and running away from the snowflakes, I was depleted. I needed water and food. I grabbed some things and opened my wallet to pay, but there was no money in it. I dont know how it happened, but I can only assume, as crazy as it sounds, that the snow somehow swallowed it all up and took everything from me.

I felt this in my soul.

• ghostfacekicker

@BazookaDad said...

Josh Jackson at 4800 on FD has me feeling some kind of way. How does he not smash in this spot? Someone talk me off this guy

FD GPP. Looks too good to be true. He’s been paying way over value with Blake in but the team sucks and they’ve been resting Rose. I have a feeling everyone will flock to Jackson and he flops, meanwhile Grant is going to hang his first 50 burger with low ownership at $6,700. Just my guess. Of course I might end up clapping erasers with that Jackson chalk.

Edit: Excuse me…that’s “2nd” 50 burger.

• nerman

@ghostfacekicker said...

FD GPP. Looks too good to be true. He’s been paying way over value with Blake in but the team sucks and they’ve been resting Rose. I have a feeling everyone will flock to Jackson and he flops, meanwhile Grant is going to hang his first 50 burger with low ownership at $6,700. Just my guess. Of course I might end up clapping erasers with that Jackson chalk.

It’s hard to stay away from Grant. Worried about Boston though.

• maddysdaddy0914

@866 said...

No Neto’s for me. Full fade. Feel like he will get 15 or less FP today. They have Ish Smith also. OK maybe I will do a couple Neto’s just because Chalk and to jam in KD Curry and Lill. LOL.. but in all seriousness I doubt Neto does what he did last time. Lucky to get half of what he got last time IMO

Well he did get 30 last night. Which I think most would be okay with.

• Bodiaz36

Truth, Grant has been on a tear thus far. By the way, when did Jerami Grant turn into a world beater? I get that he has more opportunity and whatnot with Blake missing games, but I always thought of him as the consummate journeyman. I remember quite a few duds with the Nuggets/Thunder

• ghostfacekicker

@Theguy49503 said...

Fire up Barton

Barton might be a good play because Murray isn’t 100% and Porter Jr is out but he’s been cold since the first game where he put up 33.4 FP.

• ghostfacekicker

@nerman said...

It’s hard to stay away from Grant. Worried about Boston though.

Yeah that too, Bos game should be a blowout.

Neto had 30 yesterday? Didn’t see that. Why is he getting run I don’t understand it. Guess Brooks loves him. OK I saw he was 3/3 from 3.. 22 mins.. what about when he goes 0 for 3 like usual? I put him in 3 of 10 $4s and that is more than I can stomach.

• Ricolasvegas

Sooo… with the crazy amount of value plays. Who are the Studs everyone is paying up for ??since you can pretty much play who you want

• ghostfacekicker

@Bodiaz36 said...

Truth, Grant has been on a tear thus far. By the way, when did Jerami Grant turn into a world beater? I get that he has more opportunity and whatnot with Blake missing games, but I always thought of him as the consummate journeyman. I remember quite a few duds with the Nuggets/Thunder

He was always decent but buried in depth (scoring priority) in Denver. I remember watching some games last season where he would be wide open in the corner and begging for the ball but it went to Joker/Murray/Milsap then Porter Jr. came along. There was no place for him in the lineup once Porter Jr. emerged. But he was part of the reason they made it that far in the playoffs. He’s a solid player in real life. Not a big 3 player but solid and can play as we’ve seen in this weak Detroit lineup.

Side note: Blake Griffin what a fall from grace!

• RipCityRings

@Njsum1 said...

Wellllllll, I understand that you’re not playing him, yet to me he seems like one of the better plays on the slate. So, I’d like to know why you aren’t playing him.

At 7.5K on FD you need like 45+ to do anything meaningful in a GPP. LaVine who’s basically better at everything than D’Lo just barely got there in 1/2 vs the Wiz and it took 4 steals to get there.

D’Lo is averaging 17.3/2.5/4.3 with 1.6 bleals and 3.5 turnovers per game this year (small sample size, but not exactly inspiring at 7.5K). Compare that to 23.4/4.2/3.8 with 2.2 bleals for LaVine.

Sure, D’Lo’s taking lots of shots and this should be a high-total game, but he hasn’t been scoring much this year even without KAT, has limited peripherals and turns it over a fair amount. Seems like an uphill battle GPP-wise to me.

• IT4MVP

So many options for this slate but the one position I’m having trouble with on FD is SG. Really not feeling the prices on the top guys or even mid tier. Clarkson and Beasley maybe??

• FitFantasyGod

Hey Happy New Years everyone! I wrote an article on tonight’s slate if anyone’s interested! It’s titled New Years NBA Numerous Noteworthy Plays! You can find it on the home page under Community blog posts! I appreciate any and all feedback. Cheers!

• ghostfacekicker

@IT4MVP said...

So many options for this slate but the one position I’m having trouble with on FD is SG. Really not feeling the prices on the top guys or even mid tier. Clarkson and Beasley maybe??

Brooks is going to be chalky but looks like a decent play, going back to Levert seems safe but I’m not expecting him to match the top tier scores (that I don’t want to pay up for). Wiggins only plays well when he isn’t in my lineup. SG is kind of a mess. I just know I will pick the wrong 2 even with good data!

• ghostfacekicker

@FitFantasyGod said...

Hey Happy New Years everyone! I wrote an article on tonight’s slate if anyone’s interested! It’s titled New Years NBA Numerous Noteworthy Plays! You can find it on the home page under Community blog posts! I appreciate any and all feedback. Cheers!

Or they can find it via your profile.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

I think DLo smashes. Was on pace for 38 mins last game and gets the 2nd unit rotation also. Last 3 games have been tougher matchups. Now a easier matchup and still no Kat. I like several Wolves

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).