7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( -2 ) at Brooklyn ( 2 ) —- T: 204
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 4 ) at Minnesota ( -4 ) —- T: 211
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 10.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -10.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Memphis ( 1 ) —- T: 210
    9:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 9 ) at Denver ( -9 ) —- T: 215.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

Mod Note – I deleted a bunch of comments discussing what is/isn’t appropriate to nickname people. Regardless of your opinion on the subject, let’s keep the thread about today’s slate

• scott33

@rsrunningrebels said...

Ingram for cash. Kuzma for GPP.

Gotta like Kuzma’s price on DK. Who knows how many minutes Kuzma will get with Walton coaching but….

If he comes in off the bench, which most likely he will, he could get hot and pick up some extra minutes and may get you 6x.

It is always tough to analyze a Walton/Joerger slate.

I see everyone flocking to Wallace and Lou tomorrow. Wallace yes, definitely with CJ Williams hurt. Lou, even after tonight’s game, not so sure. I had Lou in some LUs tonight that posted in the high 330s on DK but I don’t see him posting a repeat agaisnt the Kings and I think his ownership tomorrow will be inflated.

Intersting to see who the Raptors will start with Ibaka OUT. Powell? Miles?

Spurs should rely heavily on LMA with Kwai OUT.

Think you will need the King in a winning GPP lu for rom.

You should definitely roll with one Laker in GPPs IMO. Which one? That is the question I have been trying to find an answer to all season.

My gut says Kuzma or Ball. My head says DONT play this slate.

Siakam will start for Ibaka, he has anytime Ibaka has been out this year

• rsrunningrebels

RG Overall Ranking

@scott33 said...

Didn’t CJ Miles start for Ibaka the last time he was suspended?

• rsrunningrebels

RG Overall Ranking

Well. Let me rephrase that. I don’t think CJ Miles will start for Ibaka but I do think he will be in the starting lu.

• rsrunningrebels

RG Overall Ranking

@scott33 said...

How many minutes does he get? 20-22? Most likely will D up agaisnt Crowder right? You think Poeltl May see any run? Probably not right?

• miggs6876

I’m gonna pass on tomorrows slate.

• rsrunningrebels

RG Overall Ranking

@miggs6876 said...

I’m gonna pass on tomorrows slate.

Smartest thing I’ve heard early morning. Yet I’m still up attempting to research tonight’s slate. :)

• Bsavoy08

I will never roster elf Payton in my lineups ever again dude sucks dfs wise

• madmanjayWV

Never pass on a slate
    One of my fondest DFS memories was like throwing $6-7 in a $1 FD M-E GPP (College FOOTBALL) Mid-American Conference slate — think it paid $250 or $350 was so great

Just roll the DICE with #TYRONEWALLACE KUZMA/BALL/LMA/LBJ and take ur chances

• rsrunningrebels

RG Overall Ranking

@madmanjayWV said...

Just roll the DICE with #TYRONEWALLACE KUZMA/BALL/LMA/LBJ and take ur chances

I kind of like that combo!

• pick6er

312 on DK with Bobby Portis and Juwan Evans… Portis will be on my DNP list for awhile after that one.

I also did the UTIL mode on FD, after I edited my lineup on DK and slapped Udoh in, I went to FD to throw him in that contest. Moved Rondo to Sabonis (which was identical) and then dropped Sefolosha to Udoh after the bench role dropped. I was literally 5-10 seconds too late and it locked. Would have gotten 5th in that GPP for like $500 lol. I was thrilled to be stuck with him and admire Sefolosha’s 5 fp’s…

• zigger77

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

And for whoever thinks lou is a dark house mvp candidate, I LOVE LOU Williams more than anyone or so I thought but cmon. Lou has 0 chance at mvp.

• deactivated203270

My Drummond Wall Jack worked out well……patent pending :P

• Jeddy3

Sure am glad I bet the hornets money line last night…

• JPep2370

I decided to go with some low owned players that helped me get to 325.25 on DK. I was in for $32 in 3 GPP’s ended up $278.00. I typically do small time 50/50 and GPP’s. Lately been mainly GPP as I’m finding it more lucrative. My strategy is simply getting into single entry contests that are normally 1200 or less entrants. No this isn’t a suggestion for anyone just something that I’ve been doing. I like the fact I have an equal chance of winning some cash since everyone can only put in 1 LU. I do some 50/50s here and there but again single entry and it’s normally $10 or $5 games. Just can’t get into contests where my 1 LU is up against player who are max entering. What’s the point.

Anyway yesterday with all the talk of Boogie and Holiday I was on them early. Later in the day we got word of the GS situation and felt I needed to get in on KD. So I swapped out and went with KD and Drummond. I also went opposite of many and played Markkanen instead of Portis. I almost came off him in my last ditch effort to get Lou into my LU’s but just couldn’t make it work. So I kept Markkanen in and had Jack in all day. No one mentioned him and felt like the combo was a decent play as a counter to everyone going Portis. I also had kept Middleton in from my early day roster research. Didn’t want to come off him. My bad play was Ariza. I have no idea. Just was there when I made the change to KD and fell on him but def regret that as going anywhere else probably would have been a bigger payout. I did go Bam too with the Miami news coming in the afternoon and filled out the LU with Rondo since I did want a piece of that NO/Mem game.

All in all it was one of my better research days, interesting player selections but it did net me $278 on the night. Hey I’m a small time player so that was a nice win for me. 4th in a 5K Fast Break was probably my highest finish in a GPP in NBA so far this year. I think I had another top 5 finish in a couple others so my strategy of playing the single entry contests with lower numbered players seems to be my wheelhouse for now.

• rsrunningrebels

RG Overall Ranking

@JPep2370 said...

I decided to go with some low owned players that helped me get to 325.25 on DK. I was in for $32 in 3 GPP’s ended up $278.00. I typically do small time 50/50 and GPP’s. Lately been mainly GPP as I’m finding it more lucrative. My strategy is simply getting into single entry contests that are normally 1200 or less entrants. No this isn’t a suggestion for anyone just something that I’ve been doing. I like the fact I have an equal chance of winning some cash since everyone can only put in 1 LU. I do some 50/50s here and there but again single entry and it’s normally $10 or $5 games. Just can’t get into contests where my 1 LU is up against player who are max entering. What’s the point.

Anyway yesterday with all the talk of Boogie and Holiday I was on them early. Later in the day we got word of the GS situation and felt I needed to get in on KD. So I swapped out and went with KD and Drummond. I also went opposite of many and played Markkanen instead of Portis. I almost came off him in my last ditch effort to get Lou into my LU’s but just couldn’t make it work. So I kept Markkanen in and had Jack in all day. No one mentioned him and felt like the combo was a decent play as a counter to everyone going Portis. I also had kept Middleton in from my early day roster research. Didn’t want to come off him. My bad play was Ariza. I have no idea. Just was there when I made the change to KD and fell on him but def regret that as going anywhere else probably would have been a bigger payout. I did go Bam too with the Miami news coming in the afternoon and filled out the LU with Rondo since I did want a piece of that NO/Mem game.

All in all it was one of my better research days, interesting player selections but it did net me $278 on the night. Hey I’m a small time player so that was a nice win for me. 4th in a 5K Fast Break was probably my highest finish in a GPP in NBA so far this year. I think I had another top 5 finish in a couple others so my strategy of playing the single entry contests with lower numbered players seems to be my wheelhouse for now.

Great job! Now parlay that on tonight’s 3 game slate!

• JPep2370

Well I’m looking at things now. Need some coffee lol. I’m normally not a fan of these smaller slates. All the rosters will be similar. It’s trying to differentiate somewhere that will push you to the top. I did that last week I believe on a 4 game slate and finished in top 10 in a GPP so that’s my goal again tonight. I’m sure I’ll play. I always say I shouldn’t on these small slates but still end up tossing in a LU lol.

• rsrunningrebels

RG Overall Ranking

@JPep2370 said...

Well I’m looking at things now. Need some coffee lol. I’m normally not a fan of these smaller slates. All the rosters will be similar. It’s trying to differentiate somewhere that will push you to the top. I did that last week I believe on a 4 game slate and finished in top 10 in a GPP so that’s my goal again tonight. I’m sure I’ll play. I always say I shouldn’t on these small slates but still end up tossing in a LU lol.

Don’t overthink tonight. Get the reports after morning shoot around and form your core. There are only two players I am looking at to differentiate on with tonight’s field. I don’t want to come off as sounding over confident but this 3 game slate appears to be very winnable.

• billholler

Just stopped by to thank the young Mr. Wallace for last night’s performance. Just glad I stuck with him after his mediocre performance in his previous game.

• MPDR1983

@MPDR1983 said...

moron alert

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).