Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Miami ( 2 ) —- T: 211.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 5.5 ) at Denver ( -5.5 ) —- T: 226
    9:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -1.5 ) at San Antonio ( 1.5 ) —- T: 223
    10:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at Sacramento ( -5 ) —- T: 224.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• underdawgs

I don’t know about the rest of you but I put peanut butter on my screen over each player and whichever one my dog licks is the player I choose. You guys can have your fancy DVP stats and usage rates, my science > your science.
    But seriously I’ve been running good lately (3 GPP’s wins in the last 2 months, no major ones, total of about $10k) and each slate is SO unique you can’t throw out anything. Matchups matter. Pricing matter. Luck matters. Game theory matters.
    One item someone mentioned before that I’ve used that helps is on big slates, to limit exposure to a smaller number of games. Trying to guess 9 players having ceiling games from 9 different games is harder. But if you have 3 players from the same game, for example, it’s one game theory you need to accurately predict in order to (theoretically) get production out of your guys.
    But the most important thing is that every slate is completely and totally unique. Even the top pros lose some nights.

• Njsum1

@stugots219 said...

I am not blaming anyone at all on this forum. I’m saying spending hours of research (Which includes this forum) doesn’t necessarily help or make a difference. That’s all. I only blame myself.

Exactly, you don’t need to spend hours researching. I’m here cause I like talking DFS hoops, and of course for the gifs 😁. I rarely ever ask for advice, usually give it (whether people want it or not 😎), yet I respect some posters opinions, and if I’m truly stuck, I’ll listen and go with it. If it works out great, if not, it was better than anything I had anyway.

The only “research” you need to do is to sit down at your computer, iPad, phone, etc. an hour before tip, and think things through.

• frugal

@noddy said...

I look forward to your picks everyday and I’m glad Yahoo is thriving so maybe someone can give DK and FD some competition.

Thanks. I was totally dumbfounded that Mahinmi and Holmes were were so incredibly low owned last night where I thought they would be more chalky with everyone trying to fit in Giannis and AD. I also posted about Kleber being a good play with Dirk sidelined but when he was announced as starting, I swapped him into as many as I good where he’d fit. Love late swap…

BTW..no write up today, slate smallish and not enough (hidden) value.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@underdawgs said...

I’m betting the over on Blake’s rebounds at .5 rebounds tonight.

You’re betting that Blake Griffin gets at least one rebound?

Where can I find that prop bet?

• mrjredoak

Who is everyone liking for value today? On FD so far – Mills, Beasley (if GH out), Justin Jackson??, Bam??, Wade??

Somewhat slim pickings so far.

• Njsum1

Too much non slate related talk this morning.

On to today….
    Analysis…this slate kinda sucks…I’m making 1 lineup per site and hoping for the best..end of analysis

See y’all later.

• Ace15

This is why I love DFS, everyone has there own take on building LU’s. I loved Kyrie (Specifically talking FD based off OP LU) because he’s the type of guy at 8400 who can go off for 50pts and win ya a GPP. The match up was between 2 top teams in the East which always stays somewhat close…I’d have some leverage over ownership as some people would be scared by pace and DVP but IMO that doesn’t really apply that much to the Studs. Ayton was too expensive with all that Suns value around him, loved Holmes @3800 on FD. Demarre and Bogan don’t win GPP’s not at 5500, not a high enough ceiling IMO, ok for CASH bad for GPP. Enough about yesterday,

Milsap looking like a nice pivot off of Jokic. George in a good spot too, him over Jokic from a STUDS standpoint.

• lovpink

@Epignosis said...

ou’re betting that Blake Griffin gets at least one rebound?

He was my late night hammer watching the game was

• frugal

Yeah…tough slate. Obvious plays are obvious, no hidden value really jumping out.

I think getting OKC/SA right might be critical tonight. My initial thought is OKC is going to blow SA out with them on a B2B with OKC studs in weak spots for SA. SAC vs DET might be the game to target tonight. I know Griffen/Drummond typically have a negative correlation and Drummond often isn’t great on B2B, but stacking them may be the correct path tonight.

• ASitar

D Wade + TNT + @ home = 🔥

• IronMonkey415

Hopes Danilo puts on a show tonight in Denver. I’m playing him in a couple lineups.

• DailyDonater

Am I really the only one playing the joker tonight? Lol. Fine with me.

• electrichaz3

I got 4th in the slam last night with a stars and scrubs line up consisting of

Joseph
    Melton
    Harden
    Korkmaz
    Oubre
    ABC
    Ad
    Holmes
    Mahinmi

You can’t win every night even guys like chipotle and awesemo have good nights and bad, but in certain nights stars align. I do about 20 Gpp lineups in the slam, some are stars and scrubs and some are leverage plays against the studs if they have a floor game. To me if you feel like there is enough value to get an average of 20fpts from your scrubs and you feel your 3 studs can have a ceiling game, this approach works. But this is difficult to do unless you multi enter. I had 4 extreme stars and scrubs lines last night and i shuffled the min priced values around until I got the right combination surrounding my studs. Hope this helps to the gentleman who posted his lineup earlier.

All of your plays were fine imo, just unlucky

• JSteele

I will never post a play without explaining my reasoning and i never listen to posted plays without a solid reasoning that makes sense. I will do my own research on some of those guys but I really don’t understand some of them

• DailyDonater

Not sure if its safe to play DeRozan and Aldridge in the same lineup. They normally cannibalize each others stats.

• stugots219

Who does everyone like tonight from Miami? Olynyk revenge game?

• electrichaz3

As for tonight justin Jackson is too cheap at 3900 on fd. It seems like a pay up at pg sf and c night and spend down on sg. To me even if Harris plays, Beasley Craig and Morris are all 4.1k or less and are too cheap. Jalen brown certainly has 10x upside any night at 4300 as does waiters at 4400. Some combo of that value probably wins a gpp tonight.

• stugots219

Can anyone rationalize why Blake had a crappy game against LA last night? The Lakers are 22 out of 30 in the last 5 games against opponent rebounding. He had NONE. What gives?

• Ace15

@stugots219 said...

Can anyone rationalize why Blake had a crappy game against LA last night?

He was partying the night before

• frugal

@stugots219 said...

Can anyone rationalize why Blake had a crappy game against LA last night? The Lakers are 22 out of 30 in the last 5 games against opponent rebounding. He had NONE. What gives?

Sometimes guys bust, could be partying as mentioned, could be nerves, could be just bad luck.

• lovpink

@Ace15 said...

Can anyone rationalize why Blake had a crappy game against LA last night?

He put in O effort never even tried to get a RB and was passive the whole game.But I want to play him tonight .

• mbunner23

@JSteele said...

I will never post a play without explaining my reasoning and i never listen to posted plays without a solid reasoning that makes sense. I will do my own research on some of those guys but I really don’t understand some of them

Same to ya Mr. Narrative.

• Panther85

Does anyone know if Fan Duel works in Jamaica?

• BerkeleyBoss

On DK: DeRozan/Jokic/Westbrook/Olynyk with cheap Spurs. Sprinkle in some Aldridge, Schroder and Reggie Jackson. Hopefully I’m not as wrong as I was yesterday morning.

Other than Olynyk, I’m fading that first game for reasons already stated. Low total and many mouths to feed. I’m hoping for a Westbrook explosion in a close game against SA.

• Todd_Opong

Had my largest score of my life last night taking 3rd in the Yahoo tourney. Just wanted to give a shout out to all of you guys and gals for the information/gifs every day! Also since I’m mostly lurking around here I don’t talk all too often. So….thanks!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).