Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Miami ( 2 ) —- T: 211.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 5.5 ) at Denver ( -5.5 ) —- T: 226
    9:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -1.5 ) at San Antonio ( 1.5 ) —- T: 223
    10:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at Sacramento ( -5 ) —- T: 224.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@dmbtrip2004 said...

and what have you found?

Nothing much. That they all do it a little different. Some of these guys run out 80-90 player pools. Some run out 40 player pools. Usually if there’s some obvious play or value they go extremely heavy on it. Some just run with the field.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

Back to business though..I have no idea how to approach this slate. I want to just lock in Westbrook, but not finding the value to make paying up for anyone work.

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

Back to business though..I have no idea how to approach this slate. I want to just lock in Westbrook, but not finding the value to make paying up for anyone work.

I’m leaning towards fading Westbrook tonight. Just can’t get a lineup I like better with him in it than out.

• underdawgs

@Pandamonious said...

I find myself going more Paul george than RWB, only because I like the depth at Point guard more than SF.
    PG / Aldridge / Jokic works out alright on DK with some midrange pieces and a Patty Mills type / Beasley / T Craig type.
    But let’s not forget it’s Popovich and the spurs are on the back end of a B2B so there’s a good chance something relevant comes out later this afternoon

• BBWC_10

@Carlton728 said...

Can someone please help me realize what I am doing wrong? This may not be the best place to put this, but I’m getting frustrated. I use the tools, find the best matchups, but my guys always put up duds. This is from last night:

Irving – 17.4
    Mills – 26.1
    Clarkston – 44.8
    Harden – 64.2
    Bagdonovic – 18.1
    Carroll – 19.6
    Jackson – 38.7
    Sabonis – 34.9
    Ayton – 16.5

My lowest score was my 7600 center. I can never seem to get production from my studs. What could I be doing wrong?

Well I’m not an expert, I usually finish just below the cash line but a few things I noticed was you should try to target higher scoring games and shy away from teams on Back to Backs. I get the Kyrie play if it was a competitive shootout but Boston is team oriented where other teams you have more stars with higher usage. I loved Mitchell last night because his usage without Rubio is through the roof. Mills- Why take anyone from this game? Low total defensive teams, Punt this spot!!! I also had Clarkson (Not enough) Cavs have injuries, Clarkson takes a ton of shots, High scoring game. Good pick!!!. Harden needs no comment. Carroll is a crap shoot, Nets have so many Forwards its like playing russian roulette. Sabonis not a bad play but blowout hurt ya, you can’t control that. Ayton was on a back/back honestly I didn’t consider him because I think he is afraid of big centers. The way things have been going, I’d find two high priced studs. Look for injuries and usage upticks for your mid tear. Look for punts at the Forward position like Holmes/”(player-popup #zach-collins)Z. Collins”:/players/zach-collins-37866 type guys who get rebounds. Unless you are Blake, good rebounders pile up points. Again I have never won a huge tourney, accept the fact that you can make what seems good plays and they just don’t work out. Learn from your mistakes and don’t make them again. GOOD LUCK!

• mbunner23

@Pandamonious said...

Playing 30-50 line ups in whatever top heavy main contest DK is running and having won a few GPP’s does not make one a big dog. I wish I was a big dog. Wanting to start max entering is what has lead me to start peeking around at how those far and above I have done it.

You’ll always be a big dog to me.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@mbunner23 said...

You’ll always be a big dog to me.

• mbunner23

@Pandamonious said...

• Kmasonbx

@Pandamonious said...

For this reason I’m glad I’m actually busy at work and don’t have the time to do a deep dive in research thus feeling compelled to put up a decent amount of money. Today is just a browse the forum and see how things go kind of day.

• damionismyname

@Kmasonbx said...

For this reason I’m glad I’m actually busy at work and don’t have the time to do a deep dive in research thus feeling compelled to put up a decent amount of money. Today is just a browse the forum and see how things go kind of day.

and you’ll take one down. the irony

• underdawgs

@mbunner23 said...

That gif is killing me lol. At first it looks like a Panda doing pushups but then I realized you can’t see what’s happening down below…

• wafic

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #38

RG Tiered Ranking

A few of my thoughts:

Embrace the variance
    Assess your risk tolerance
    Research doesn’t just mean researching the next slate
    Figure out what kind of player you are
    Figure out what type of tourneys you want to enter
    Take a stand, don’t be afraid. Scared money doesn’t make money.

• lovpink

@underdawgs said...

hat gif is killing me lol. At first it looks like a Panda doing pushups but then I realized you can’t see what’s happening down below…

Link Quote

I opened up the shot it’s Blake before last night’s game

• damionismyname

@wafic said...

A few of my thoughts:

Embrace the variance
    Assess your risk tolerance
    Research doesn’t just mean researching the next slate
    Figure out what kind of player you are
    Figure out what type of tourneys you want to enter
    Take a stand, don’t be afraid. Scared money doesn’t make money.

then have 2 of your core get injured in the first quarter and the lowest implied total game go to triple ot and win nothing. rationalize it all and then prepare for the next day.

• Trappist1

@Kmasonbx said...

For GPPs I don’t think the goal is to only play guys you love. The goal is to go heavy on the guys you love and sprinkle in guys that have upside that you don’t have a big conviction on.

It truly depends on the sport, for some having a tight core makes a lot of sense for others you can spread out your plays. For NBA, having fewer line-up’s with a tight core and supporting pieces makes a lot of sense. You want to capture all the upside in one LU if the core and supporting pieces hit. When you sprinkle in supporting pieces, it is best to trim it as much as possible. You looking for upside, if you do not have a big conviction then do not pick. Core plays – players that have the least obstruction to hit their upside. Supporting pieces – players with higher standard of deviation and able to reach upside.

• underdawgs

One last thought on roster construction and then I’m done chiming in.
    If you have a “do not play” list of players who have burned you before and you refuse to roster, GPP isn’t for you. As I noted before, every slate is completely and totally unique. That’s not to say there aren’t patterns (of course there are) and extrapolations based on past performance (to a degree) but it’s also all relative. Relative to the OTHER games and OTHER players on the slate and OTHER matchups and OTHER pricing.
    We joke around about never rostering certain players again but if you actually believe that, you’re probably doing it wrong.
    Peace and love and GPP wins for all of you!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

I think tonight’s DK forced value plays, or guys who have shown big upside at their price, but just do it very rarely for tonight are…

Schroder, Forbes, Olynyk, Brown, Kennard, Bradley, maybe Pau? Maybe Stanley Johnson? Jackson if Shump is out again and Beasley/Morris/Craig if Harris is out?

Anyone got anyone else they care to share?

• hautalak

@underdawgs said...

If you have a “do not play” list of players who have burned you before and you refuse to roster, GPP isn’t for you.

Very true and I have burned myself on this a few times. Moreso in PGA though. I’m growing to roster them but has to be the “perfect” spot no exceptions.

• underdawgs

Dennis Schroeder last 5 games have been UGLY. I should like him less than I actually do tonight.

• wafic

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #38

RG Tiered Ranking

@damionismyname said...

then have 2 or your core get injured in the first quarter and the lowest implied total game go to triple ot and win nothing. rationalize it all and then prepare for the next day.

Exactly. Understand your process and figure out how you got to the LU you got into. Would you do it all over again? Figure out what you missed and turn the page.

• underdawgs

@Pandamonious said...

I think tonight’s DK forced value plays, or guys who have shown big upside at their price, but just do it very rarely for tonight are…

Schroder, Forbes, Olynyk, Brown, Kennard, Bradley, maybe Pau? Maybe Stanley Johnson? Jackson if Shump is out again and Beasley/Morris/Craig if Harris is out?

Belinelli? Patty Mills played 31 minutes last night (his most since 11/15) and Belinelli would see a bump if Mills sits. I believe Lonnie Walker is in the G league so there really isn’t anyone else. And Derrick White would see a boost from the 16 minutes he played last night too. Someone has to pick up those RWB turnovers, right?

• dominicanpapi

Looking at some game logs, it seems like there’s a correlation between the opponent’s best three point shooter or shooters and Sacramento allowing the 2nd most 3PA. Ross had 10 attempts off the bench, Lillard attempted 9 three pointers, Curry was 10-20 from 3, Murray had 12 attempts, Kuzma and Hart each had 8+ I believe. This is all within the last 5-6 games. Taking it a step further, Conley was something like 7-11 from 3. Bullock is an interesting play, and a pivot if Harris is ruled out (Beasley becomes chalk) on Fanduel. He’s attempting 8 3 point shots per game.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

I’m all over Stanley tonight will be overweight on him. Schroder is nice, liking Belli and Beasley as well. Giles is probably too thin, but Kelly O could be low owned in a nice spot against former team.

• BBWC_10

@Pandamonious said...

I like Kennard (Det could use a shooter getting more minutes) I have a lot of Brown. Maybe Waiters, Beasley.

• BerkeleyBoss

@Pandamonious said...

I like the Spurs cheap guys today: Belinelli, Derrick White, Patty Mills & Bertans in addition to Forbes, who you mentioned.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler