3:00 PM EST : Utah ( -7.5 ) at Detroit ( 7.5 ) — T: 216.5
    4:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 11.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -11.5 ) — T: 223
    6:00 PM EST : Denver ( -6.5 ) at New York ( 6.5 ) — T: 215.5
    6:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 9.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -9.5 ) — T: 222.5
    7:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -3 ) at Houston ( 3 ) — T: 226
    7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -4.5 ) at Boston ( 4.5 ) — T: 212
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3.5 ) at Minnesota ( 3.5 ) — T : 234
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -3 ) at Golden State ( 3 ) — T: 231.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• SkateFiend

@Pandamonious said...

They don’t play, they don’t get paid.

We’ve been through this with MLB. Whole teams shut down. People said they’d have to shut down the whole league. Didn’t happen.

NFL teams had break outs. Games postponed. Entire position groups forced to sit. People were predicting a league wide shutdown. Didn’t happen.

Here’s a hot take for you:

The league will not shut down. They’ll meander through team outbreaks. Some games will get postponed. We’ll never get to the point where enough of the league is hindered or shut down that’ll it’ll make sense to stop the season. It will not happen.

Some NBA players voted to cancel the season as recently the bubble season. Kyrie Irving just stopped playing for no reason. Players could randomly agree on a 5 game boycott and the NBA won’t do a thing about it.

I didn’t say the NBA season will be cancelled. They might shut down again just like they did in March 2020 if things keep going out of hand. And I would almost welcome that because NBA DFS would be a handful if the rash of injuries, covid infections, and player whims continue to plague the league.

Right now I think some NBA players are so emotionally invested in the social justice fight that some stars may just forego salaries and abandon the season under certain circumstances. The 3 big states are covid hotzones and some players may take their anger out on the NBA if they feel the league isn’t addressing covid situation. MLB is played on empty fields with sufficient social distancing, NBA is a different story.

Ultimately I think the business side will win out, but who knows? I didn’t think the players would boycott games last season, and the did, albeit for one game.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #14

RG Tiered Ranking

So once Boucher begins to start, what’s his price going to get to? 8 or 9k? Wow dude is a FPPM monster.

• tmarohl

@ImADonk11 said...

So once Boucher begins to start, what’s his price going to get to? 8 or 9k? Wow dude is a FPPM monster.

He reminds me of Christian Wood, both in his game, and the fact that no one wants to give him a legit chance.

• Golfnut04240

Keldon Johnson is having a tough time tonight.

• rstylz

Forget FVV can actually guard Curry. Fiddle Sticks

• Usual21

@rstylz said...

Forget FVV can actually guard Curry. Fiddle Sticks

Thought Curry might have gotten hurt, lol. Oh well.

• tmarohl

Wrong day to have a Curry below floor game.

• RipCityRings

Lowry and Curry a combined 1-16, imagine having them in the same lineup…

• tmarohl

I didn’t know all of these sharks play satellite’s.
    I’m in a seven person NFL satellite to NBA Spectacular Slam on 1/12.
    We have Squirrelpatrol, bkrieder, moklovin and garypoppins in it.

• SkateFiend

@RipCityRings said...

Lowry and Curry a combined 1-16, imagine having them in the same lineup…

There might hundreds of lineups with those two AND Poeltl and Gordon.

• monarch

Never go full Dejounte

• choppadown

Lonnie walker eh?

• Krispac23

@tmarohl said...

Porzingus listed questionable tomorrow. Must be getting close.

It’s not Porzigis it’s the Zinger lol!

• chronoxiong

We criticized Mike D’antoni for his no Center strategy last year. Are we supposed to criticize Nick Nurse for pretending the Tampa Bay Raptors have no Center on their team?

• Femdimes

@chronoxiong said...

We criticized Mike D’antoni for his no Center strategy last year. Are we supposed to criticize Nick Nurse for pretending the Tampa Bay Raptors have no Center on their team?

Boucher?

• chronoxiong

@Femdimes said...

Boucher?

He’s not a Center. He’s a PF. He just has to play Center for them because their real Centers suck. But his real position is PF.

• RipCityRings

If this game goes to OT Steph is going to have the lamest triple-double of all time.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #14

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

He reminds me of Christian Wood, both in his game, and the fact that no one wants to give him a legit chance.

That’s a good comp. it’s weird no one seems to want to give them shots considering the modern day hooper. They literally fit perfectly in the up and down pace up game. And good rim protectors in this style of game.

• Yeoman

@noddy said...

I have Rivers and Bazley in cash. I must suck.

I’ve finally realized that what matters with Bazley isn’t so much who’s guarding him as who he’s guarding. He drew the Durant assignment tonight; they used him on Butler a few nights ago. When he goes off it’s off of energy plays—running the court hard, going end-to-end off rebounds. When he has to use all his energy defensively I don’t think he’s in play.

• Bodhisattva

I’ll be watching the footage tonight with that in mind about Bazley… makes sense intuitively. h/t

• tmarohl

Questions about tomorrow

Who is playing C for Washington?
    Who is playing PG for Philly?
    James Johnson has to get more run at F tomorrow for Dallas as maxi-pad is out for awhile. Correct?
    Who gets Bogdanovic’s minutes in ATL?

• HungryHungryHip

@tmarohl said...

Questions about tomorrow

James Johnson has to get more run at F tomorrow for Dallas as maxi-pad is out for awhile. Correct?

Porzingis has a chance to make his debut tomorrow so might make Johnson irrelevant idk

• Bodiaz36

Took 4th in FD Dribbler, salvaged my night. Lowry decided to start playing some ball in the 4th quarter. On to tomorrow fellas!

• SkateFiend

@tmarohl said...

Questions about tomorrow

I’m assuming Tyrese Maxey will be the PHI starting guard.

I’ve seen Yahoo player note speculating that Robin Lopez and Wagner get more minutes. One of them might take on the “barely meet the floor” fill in center role that Bismack Biyombo is fulfilling right now.

• dominicanpapi

@tmarohl said...

Questions about tomorrow

Wagner or Lopez.

Lock and load Maxey for me on FD

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).