NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -14 ) at Brooklyn ( 14 ) —- T: 193
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 8 ) at Chicago ( -8 ) —- T: 207.5
    10:30 PM EST : Miami ( 13.5 ) at Golden State ( -13.5 ) —- T: 205

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• mirinmytraps

is wade definitely out?

• DFSNewbie

@mirinmytraps said...

is wade definitely out?

Wade is probable

• landos

I’m liking Bosh here.

• Sportsfan12

west or diaw?

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

does anyone know of a site where I can see minute projections?

• mattyice522

SA is the first game tonight making things at least not as bad as usual

• Sizmik

what a terrible slate of games, its just pure luck on who wins today, no skill in this one……tough matchups and rough prices…might sit this one out

• DFSNewbie

@mattyice522 said...

Until they are up 36-8 in the first quarter and Popovich sit everybody for the rest of the game

• mattyice522

@Sizmik said...

what a terrible slate of games, its just pure luck on who wins today, no skill in this one……tough matchups and rough prices…might sit this one out

what I find very surprising is how fast the Swat is filling up compared to usual nights given the shittiness of the games

• JackLotte

@coach232 said...

does anyone know of a site where I can see minute projections?

Fantasy Labs

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

@JackLotte said...

Fantasy Labs

Thank you JackLotte

• Darkman33

Is it really worth to it to pay for sites like fantasylab?

• dominicanpapi

@mattyice522 said...

what I find very surprising is how fast the Swat is filling up compared to usual nights given the shittiness of the games

Much easier to go with a core on smaller slates, like tonight pretty sure most people will have a Bulls-Wiz stack of some kind.

• DFSNewbie

@Darkman33 said...

It depends on how you treat DFS. I never pay for anything. I try to use as many free tools as I can get. Of course I want to win big, but I only play DFS for fun. If you take DFS seriously and want to cash in day-in-day-out, then you will need to spend a lot of time on research and probably pay some money to use different tools that will give you an advantage on average Joes like me.

• JackLotte

@Darkman33 said...

Personally, i think that paying for the tools all depends on how much you play. If you are playing everyday or say 4-5 nights a week, then i think the subscription will pay for itself. Fantasy labs specifically has a ton of great info that can aid in your research, as does smizz’s fantasy bootcamp.

On the flip side if you play once or twice a week and at a low volume, then you may not want to fork up the $60 for a month of info when you will barely get use out of it.

• Bellest

@Darkman33 said...

I believe so, at least for cash games. I had a 92% win rate in December using their site along with this site.
    I’ve never played a lot of GPPs, so I can’t vouch for them there.

Buy Ins – $1920.00
    Winnings – $3315.75
    Profit – $1395.75
    ROI – 72.70%
    Win Rate – 92.47%
    Contests Entered – 36
    Average Buy-In – $4.99
    Total Entries – 385

• mattyice522

@dominicanpapi said...

Much easier to go with a core on smaller slates, like tonight pretty sure most people will have a Bulls-Wiz stack of some kind.

I know what you mean by “core” but on a slate like this do you consider a core to be like 3 players from each team in Was/Chi? or even 4 players from each?

• rebkell

@DFSNewbie said...

It depends how you treat DFS. I never pay for anything. I try to use as many free tools as I can get. Of course I want to win big, but I only play DFS for fun. If you take DFS seriously and want to cash in day-in-day-out, then you will need to spend a lot of time on research and probably pay some money to use different tools that will give you an advantage on average Joes like me.

100% +1 .. It’s for fun for me and I like to look at some of the tools out there, but just can’t see spending the money on a hobby. I spent my limit on League Pass. LOL

• Bellest

@mattyice522 said...

Ginobili is the only Spur I have in a lu right now and I still feel dirty lol…

• mattyice522

Kinda wish there no NBA tonight so I would have an excuse not to be playing. ( I play every night)

• Bradleymaddoxyep

Did some research on Spurs last 3 blowouts (UTA, MIL, PHX) since tonight’s game against BKN has a spread set at 15 right now

Spurs cheap players’ minutes in blowouts
    Danny Green- 15 minutes
    Kyle Anderson- 12 minutes
    Boris Diaw- 18 minutes
    Ray McCallum- 17 minutes
    Jonathan Simmons- 19 minutes
    Patty Mills- 21 minutes

McCallum a guy I’m specifically looking at as a SG value option tonight. Has played 25 and 17 minutes, respectively, in last two blowouts

• jonmax1078

BELLEST – for fantasylabs, when you used their info, did you a specific model of theirs? or did you create your own?

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

I’ve been dabbling in smaller slates lately, but tonight is disastrous. six teams, one blowout, and one of the six is the spurs. no thanks!

• Bellest

@jonmax1078 said...

BELLEST – for fantasylabs, when you used their info, did you a specific model of theirs? or did you create your own?

I made some slight modifications to Phan’s model; I boosted the floor, consistency, Vegas score and opponent rating sliders. Also, put less emphasis on Bargain rating, salary change, etc.

Edit: Also worth noting, I only play FD 50/50 and dub ups.

• mirinmytraps

Wall or curry? I have enough to jump from wall to curry. I couldn’t imagine leaving 900 on the table

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).