• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( -2 ) at Philadelphia ( 2 ) —- T: 210
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 5 ) at Okla City ( -5 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 9.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -9.5 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• FDDough

I cant trust Melo tonight, but im sure a lot of people feel the way i do lol He will most likely be low owned tonight

• Fantasypoorboy

Who’s this Stern fella?

• whitemamba86

wiggins and gortat are a lock both playing 35+ mins. wiggins will get harden defense which means a 50 burger. and gortat will eat boston alive in rebounds

• feekdogg

Just to clear this up, David Stern is no longer the NBA commissioner.
    That title now belongs to the Human Penis, Adam Silver.

• hardrocker61

@mattyice522 said...

I am seeing 2-4 inches coming into Portland and ending at 4pm EST. What am I missing? Why people think they would cancel this game?

I live here and trust me it’s cause there was already 4 inches on the ground from last night, plus power’s out all over town not me yet thank christ

• FDDough

@whitemamba86 said...

wiggins and gortat are a lock both playing 35+ mins. wiggins will get harden defense which means a 50 burger. and gortat will eat boston alive in rebounds

Wiggins will be one of if not the most high owned player tonight. Not gonna go against the grain. As for Gortat, i like him but Horford and Amir been playing pretty well, Im going to take my chances on Embiid

• xdan3220

@FDDough said...

I cant trust Melo tonight, but im sure a lot of people feel the way i do lol He will most likely be low owned tonight

He really hasn’t had any notable games against the Sixers going back to last season. Covington is a good defender and will be locked on him

• Only in Portlandia could this non-sense happen. Sheeeyit when I was a boy I walked a mile to the bus stop in a blizzard because THERE was school that day. On the way to school the bus went off roading a bit and hit a tree. I still went to school. Yeah I was an hour late but whatever. Nobody sued anyone. Nobody wimped out. Nobody peed their pants cuz ice crystals were falling from the sky. If it was a weekday you go to f’n school. Same thing here. You schedule a game, you play the f’n game. Aminu and his $4600 salary is a must so this game must be played. If I have to throw Noel in there because Portland is incapable of basic functioning in wintry elements, I gotta admit this will be a big let down to the whole DFS community.

• hardrocker61

@FDDough said...

ya watch him go off with a 70 burger

• mattyice522

@hardrocker61 said...

I live here and trust me it’s cause there was already 4 inches on the ground from last night, plus power’s out all over town not me yet thank christ

thank you for that local insight and for clearing that up.

• mrkoven

hows the kanter vs randolph matchup?

• WidumBoise

@FDDough said...

Im going to take my chances on Embiid

At his $8K salary and minutes restriction, how can we justify playing him at all?

• mrkoven

@FDDough said...

Wiggins will be one of if not the most high owned player tonight. Not gonna go against the grain. As for Gortat, i like him but Horford and Amir been playing pretty well, Im going to take my chances on Embiid

embiid is so expensive now at least on DK

• hardrocker61

@FDDough said...

@whitemamba86 said…

watch out for KAT and Harrell.

• whitemamba86

fdfough so giving up 23 rebounds to jval last night in 23 mins is good ? embiid still have a 28 min restrict and hes 8,000 on dk which he needs 48 points and only did that once . embiid only had 1 double double the whole season. so u think embiid scores 30 real life points in 28 mins. horford is always good but if bradley comes back today which they said he will then that downdrages horford.

• mattyice522

I wonder if they will pull a philly and let everyone get to their seats before cancelling the game tho?

• WidumBoise

@manontheflyintrapezious said...

Portland is incapable of basic functioning in wintry elements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNNJQK_5RA

• Choco26

@tonytone1908 said...

There is no reason this game needs to be played today. They have 100 different ways to make it up. If Stern thinks it’s dangerous for fans to try and get to the game he’ll postpone it. If the mayor wants he can invoke a curfew and force people to stay in their homes. They won’t play a Lebron game with no fans in the stands that they could easily play tomorrow. In a world where everyone needs their safe space now do you think anyone is going to risk the safety of fans?

It’s done snowing in Portland bud – they have all day to clear the snow. I could see if the storm happened in Atlanta where they have basically no snow removal capabilities but I would imagine Portland has decent snow removal systems in place. I could be wrong because I have no idea and am purely speculating. But as we learned this election cycle: never let facts get in the way of a hot take.

• FDDough

@WidumBoise said...

At his $8K salary and minutes restriction, how can we justify playing him at all?

Well hes at 7500 on FD, and New York is rated 28th guarding the Center. Plus, heard Embiid wants to impress a special someone someone that happens to reside there

• whitemamba86

just stack the min vs houston game and u will make money. harden harrell maybe nene ariza then kat wiggins maybe rubio or shabazz

• WidumBoise

@FDDough said...

Plus, heard Embiid wants to impress a special someone someone that happens to reside there

Mia Khalifa?

She is way out of his league.

• Damodei12

Who’s the better play paying up at pg and going wall or center and going KAT. Fanduel cash

• mrkoven

@FDDough said...

Well hes at 7500 on FD, and New York is rated 28th guarding the Center. Plus, heard Embiid wants to impress a special someone someone that happens to reside there

lol im dying to see how this rihanna narrative plays

• xdan3220

Blazers twitter just tweeted out “the show must go on” and a video thing about the game tonight

• tonytone1908

@Choco26 said...

It’s done snowing in Portland bud – they have all day to clear the snow. I could see if the storm happened in Atlanta where they have basically no snow removal capabilities but I would imagine Portland has decent snow removal systems in place. I could be wrong because I have no idea and am purely speculating. But as we learned this election cycle: never let facts get in the way of a hot take.

From what others have said, no, they don’t have the infra structure and equipment to clear it up. It’s already icy, if the sun comes out for a couple hours it could make it even icier. I see Temps pretty much below freezing all day. Ever try driving on ice? Walking is quite dangerous as well.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).