7:30 PM EST : New York ( -5 ) at Brooklyn ( 5 ) —- T: 192.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 2 ) at Boston ( -2 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 9.5 ) at Okla City ( -9.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 9 ) at Houston ( -9 ) —- T: 206.5
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -9 ) at Denver ( 9 ) —- T: 211
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Portland ( -2 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Dubar

the value is insane tonight. I feel like there are a dozen+ guys with 10x upside. Gonna go ahead and predict this is one of those nights where 330+ is a min/no cash.

• Sizmik

at SF, dont forget about CJ….you got Stuckey out tonight and he did work last night filling in…..he might not hit 34.6 again, but at 4200, he needs 21 to make value……and id bet he gets there….

• wystateofmind

Is Jeremy evans worth a look at sf? Hes a min priced punt but will he get minutes or use?

• WuChef1986

thoughts on lance Thomas, and Beno as punts??

• Sizmik

for whatever reason i havent fit any Timberwolves in my lineup and i cant believe it, i might try and squeeze in Wiggins somewhere, how do you not play people against the rockets?

• millerto

@WuChef1986 said...

Hate em both. But that’s just looking at them as real world players.

• mirinmytraps

Is Tyler Johnson or beno worth a look? Or will wade soak up most of the usage

• DFSNewbie

@mirinmytraps said...

Wade all day long vs J.J. Redick. I really hope Wade flies under the radar and his ownership is under 15%

• Hoosier44

The problem is that all the value is in the forward position. It makes it hard to pay up for guards and then still have room for Boogie on DK.

• Gamby

Who are your guys favorite value plays with all the value that has opened up?

• dominicanpapi

@Hoosier44 said...

The problem is that all the value is in the forward position. It makes it hard to pay up for guards and then still have room for Boogie on DK.

Yeah, I wish guys like Lance Thomas and Derrick Williams were playing the Spurs, b/c it’d be a pretty easy fade regardless of price. They both have a great matchup vs. Brooklyn, and I’m finding myself with a lot of stars and scrubs that could either win big or not even hit 250.

• Archie31

Keep in mind that PG got into foul trouble last night so CJ Miles likely played more due to that. Still a great value play IMO.

• mbunner23

@mellofellowsu said...

I was going to say something to the same effect. For stars and scrubs to work, you need the scrubs to crush value and the stars to at least meet value. It’s a highwire act.

If you’re able to find one punt that works out you should be very satisfied. With a stars and scrubs LU you need ~3 punts to work out. Just doesn’t happen very often.

Something else to take into consideration is that not all punts are the same. It matters a lot what position you play a punt because it may result in you missing out on a performance from another player that you had to have to do some serious damage in a tournament.

Say you decide to punt at C for some reason, forgoing a Demarcus Cousins that goes for 70+ fps. There’s no way to make those points up most nights so you’ve already lost.

You are correct, everything must go right and it’s tough to do. However it is possible and I’m still kicking myself for not playing my stars and scrubs lineup on January 10th, instead I went safe and only won 6 dollars. Had I played my lineup that scored 343.75, I had second place wrapped up for a cool 8 grand.

• Sleepyfloyd16

@mirinmytraps said...

I think there is a good chance Johnson hits value. I like him more than Udrih. Only concern would be him being covered by Paul, who could possibly give him some trouble. I might stick him in a lineup.

• nta87

@Sjv said...

Any opinions on holiday/Afflalo/boogie vs cp3/giannis/mahinmi on fanduel for a higher floor?

Hmmmm that’s close basically a coin flip IMO

• nta87

@csandbizzle said...

Holiday Afflalo Boogie if Melo is out

Despite Giannis’ upside his floor is still fairly low, mahinmi probably has the lowest floor of the bunch.

Yeah you’re right now that I think about it I think mahimi might be in for a big night doe

• mellofellowsu

@mbunner23 said...

You are correct, everything must go right and it’s tough to do. However it is possible and I’m still kicking myself for not playing my stars and scrubs lineup on January 10th, instead I went safe and only won 6 dollars. Had I played my lineup that scored 343.75, I had second place wrapped up for a cool 8 grand.

If had this year’s version of Steph Curry on X-mas 2014 I would’ve won $30k, instead of him getting me a measly 35 fps only good enough for 7th place.

I know that’s not really related to your point. Just saying those near-wins are going to stick with you. Can’t let it negatively affect you.

• deerosa

@WuChef1986 said...

Lance may get upstaged by Derrick Williams. Dude has been playing well when he gets the minutes. Lance did a good job filling him when Melo was hurt but D. Williams, if he is playing well , will also get his.

Only like Porzingis and Affalo tonite.

• Sportsfan12

doing a couple lineups, which punts do you guys like for 100% exposure to build around? (both stars/scrubs lineups)

im liking powell, derick williams (if melo is out) and gooden

other options include felton/barea, speights, gerald green with dragic out, etc. but i want to keep the same core and then just change studs

what do you guys think?

• nta87

@millerto said...

Hate em both. But that’s just looking at them as real world players.

Lance is prob starting and almost min priced he’s a great play IMO as well as Derrick Williams who’ll see a lot of min tonight boy

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

I’m going to try and resist the urge to start changing all my lineups with all these players out. Hope I can.

• Gamby

Are you guys trying to fit 2 stars tonight?

• vet0307

I fit rwb and cousins in one

• clatrndzl

• TheFansDooler

Someone talk me down from Harden.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).