7:30 PM EST : New York ( -5 ) at Brooklyn ( 5 ) —- T: 192.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 2 ) at Boston ( -2 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 9.5 ) at Okla City ( -9.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 9 ) at Houston ( -9 ) —- T: 206.5
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -9 ) at Denver ( 9 ) —- T: 211
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Portland ( -2 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• NickyBlueEyes

I had Eric Gordon plugged in at one point in my tinkering. Talked myself out of it. Derrick Williams too. I did have a Curry/Cousins LU but Drew Gooden and Speights ruined that pretty well.

Got me thinking about what factors make up a legit punt and a trap punt. Usage absorption. When Melo was ruled out that meant his huge usage % had to be absorbed. Naturally if it can come from his position, his backup, that would be best for the offensive flow that all the other players have been in. If not, the usage would go elsewhere, to Afflalo and Porzingis like everyone was on today. Derrick Williams has a 24% usage on the year, when he plays, he’s involved a lot. Drew Gooden on the other hand, is sharing court time with Wall and Beal. If he’s getting 25-30 DK points he’s got to put up a lot of peripheral stats in a super efficient manner because he’s not getting the opportunities on offense.

So basically if your punt is going to be playing alongside another usage hog or two, he HAS to be killing it with rebounds/blocks/steals to hit value for you. If your punt is replacing a usage hog and can handle almost the same workload and fit into the offensive role, then he has a great chance of getting you all the offensive stats and any peripherals are gravy. It’s all about how the player’s strengths mesh with that positions normal role in the offense.

• marino4ever

can anyone tell me wtf happened to Horford? 27 min and 2.7 fantasy points? Tyreke’s injury ruined my LU’s tonight… That’s 3 injuries (Brow, Melo, Tyreke) in the span of a week. 2/3 ruined LU’s. This is getting annoying.

• chronoxiong

NBA is still frustrating. Managed to win about majority of my 50/50s but did not profit because I still am not cashing in GPPs. This is not fun. Picking duds every single night. Tonight, that dud was Drew Gooden and Shabazz Muhammad. Who would’ve known that Sam Mitchell was going to let Kevin Martin play tonight? If we all knew that, we would’ve never touched Shabazz.

• zpa1989

@NickyBlueEyes said...

Got me thinking about what factors make up a legit punt and a trap punt. Usage absorption.

solid analysis. will keep this in mind in the future. come back on tomorrows thread and we can discuss the punt plays with the injury news applying this type of thinking

• TundraBlu

Would of been nice to of been able to utilize the solid performances by Derrick Williams, Amir Johnson + Gallinari and even Mahinmi with subpar ownership but yet of course you can’t forget about the duds who ruined it for everybody aka. Evans&Muhammed…don’t forget Sam Mitchell is not someone to rely on…Who woulda said K.Martin had the opportunity tonight over Muhammad & LaVine geeee weeeeeezzz

• Turn2gold

@tmarohl said...

Thanks guys

Congrats

• tmarohl

I’m convinced that you just play the low ownership guys and hope for the best.

• zpa1989

@tmarohl said...

I’m convinced that you just play the low ownership guys and hope for the best.

im starting to think that too. with a few chalk plays laced in there of course.

• Sjv

I noticed that I usually don’t cash when I pay up beyond 9.4k for a player (fd). Anyone else have much more success with a balanced lineup?

(Although porter, wade, and Evans were staples in all of my lus last night)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).