• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -1.5 ) at Indiana ( 1.5 ) —- T: 214
    7:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Detroit ( 1 ) —- T: 226.5
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 9.5 ) at Boston ( -9.5 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( -2 ) at Minnesota ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    10:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 8 ) at Portland ( -8 ) —- T: 218
    10:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 2.5 ) at Sacramento ( -2.5 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 13 ) at LA Lakers ( -13 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• got9forya

The Injuries reports to Glass and Sabonis is gonna be needed to make a great lineup today

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@got9forya said...

The Injuries reports to Glass and Sabonis is gonna be needed to make a great lineup today

Yes. Too much news to wait on. AGAIN.

Questionable –

NO: Favors, Jrue Holiday, JJ Redick.

Pistons aren’t a team to be shy using players against, even if it’s a pace down spot. Hayes, Ball, Ingram, NAW, Moore and others all impacted by these 3.

IND:

Brogdon AND Sabonis. Against Philly isn’t a super exciting place to pick players from, but it’d be hard to just ignore Turner or going back to TJM. Lamb got a massive price reduction on DK, in what could be a decent bounce back spot if they’re out.

BOS:

Theis- If he’s out, how many minutes and how much damage does Kanter do against the Bulls?

MIN:

KAT- Will he ever play for the Wolves again?

ORL:

MCW, Augustin, Gordon- Big implications for Fultz, Ross, Fournier in a pretty good spot for guards against the Kings.

LAL:

Rondo and AD- Obviously big implications for LBJ, Caruso, and really everyone.

• CJtheGrump

Looking at Basketball Monster, there are lots of big spreads and the lowest spreads also have the lowest totals. Going to have to decide where to take a stand.

Cleveland’s been surprisingly good lately. Maybe they keep it tighter than vegas thinks vs LA. They did just beat Denver, leading by 14 after 3 quarters.

• CJtheGrump

Oh… yeah, the OKC/Minnesota game looks like it might be decent. Not a great total, but a low spread.

• superstars92

It actually doesn’t even matter whether AD plays or not, LBJ is going to be chalk on DK no matter what.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@superstars92 said...

It actually doesn’t even matter whether AD plays or not, LBJ is going to be chalk on DK no matter what.

Well, yeah most likely. 9.4K against the Cavs is going to draw people in. Still, probably a 20-30% swing here with AD news.

• superstars92

@Pandamonious said...

KAT should realize that he’s untradeable. He has too many years on his contract, and there’s no way the Wolves will trade him.

The only trade MIN would ever do is like BOS offered both Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, but BOS would never do that.

Other than that, I suspect MIN would reject PHX’s offer of DeAndre Ayton, Mikal Bridges, expiring contracts, and 2 unprotected first rounders. They would reject BKN’s offer of Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris Levert, Jarrett Allen, and 2 unproected first rounders. They would reject ATL’s offer of the potential 1st overall pick in next year’s draft, 2 more unprotected first rounders, John Collins, Cam Reddish, Kevin Huerter, and DeAndre Hunter.

He’s untradeable. You can go 20 years in a draft and never get a guy as good as KAT, there’s no way they give him up with so many years on his contract.

• superstars92

@Pandamonious said...

Well, yeah most likely. 9.4K against the Cavs is going to draw people in. Still, probably a 20-30% swing here with AD news.

I was going to go a super high percentage of him regardless haha. He’ll love it because he’s playing against his buddy Cedi and Love too. I suspect Cedi even starts on him, and him and Cedi are actually kind of close.

Kanter is the interesting one with Theis Q. Bulls have a very good defense this year, but it’s on the perimeter with Satoransky and Dunn, who should be an All-Defensive team member. Their interior is still super weak and they allow Cs to record huge games vs them (even Turner went off last game). Kanter if he sees 30+ mins can easily get 40 FPs. He even almost got 40 FPs last time vs. Bulls in under 30 mins. Now the funny part is even without Theis, Stevens can always elect to play Jayson Tatum at C and go super small with their 5 perimeter players.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@superstars92 said...

KAT should realize that he’s untradeable. He has too many years on his contract, and there’s no way the Wolves will trade him.

The only trade MIN would ever do is like BOS offered both Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, but BOS would never do that.

Other than that, I suspect MIN would reject PHX’s offer of DeAndre Ayton, Mikal Bridges, expiring contracts, and 2 unprotected first rounders. They would reject BKN’s offer of Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris Levert, Jarrett Allen, and 2 unproected first rounders. They would reject ATL’s offer of the potential 1st overall pick in next year’s draft, 2 more unprotected first rounders, John Collins, Cam Reddish, Kevin Huerter, and DeAndre Hunter.

He’s untradeable. You can go 20 years in a draft and never get a guy as good as KAT, there’s no way they give him up with so many years on his contract.

Possibly. Obviously if he’s unhappy you do everything you can to smooth things over. If you can’t, you eventually realize you can’t move forward with that player and you’re better off having good team oriented pieces than a great malcontent piece.

• Jaguar22

@Pandamonious said...

Yes. Too much news to wait on. AGAIN.

Questionable –

NO: Favors, Jrue Holiday, JJ Redick.

Pistons aren’t a team to be shy using players against, even if it’s a pace down spot. Hayes, Ball, Ingram, NAW, Moore and others all impacted by these 3.

IND:

Brogdon AND Sabonis. Against Philly isn’t a super exciting place to pick players from, but it’d be hard to just ignore Turner or going back to TJM. Lamb got a massive price reduction on DK, in what could be a decent bounce back spot if they’re out.

BOS:

Theis- If he’s out, how many minutes and how much damage does Kanter do against the Bulls?

MIN:

ORL:

MCW, Augustin, Gordon- Big implications for Fultz, Ross, Fournier in a pretty good spot for guards against the Kings.

LAL:

Rondo and AD- Obviously big implications for LBJ, Caruso, and really everyone.

ill be back at 5

• superstars92

@Pandamonious said...

Possibly. Obviously if he’s unhappy you do everything you can to smooth things over. If you can’t, you eventually realize you can’t move forward with that player and you’re better off having good team oriented pieces than a great malcontent piece.

Yea but the thing is with 4.5 years on his contract, I would just tell KAT, if you don’t want to 100% play for us, we’ll just sit you out 4.5 years and fine you. If you want to damage your legacy and not make the HOF because of that, so be it.

KAT will play. If he continues to sit out many more games, he might not make the All-Star team and he surely won’t make the All-NBA team, and that’s how legacies are judged if you don’t have titles and MVPs.

If I were the Nets though, I would try to go all in and trade Dinwiddie, LeVert, Allen, and as many 1st rounders (up to 4 allowed) as the Timberwolves want for KAT though. If KD is back at 80% next year, Kyrie, KD, and KAT with floor spacers like Joe Harris and Taurean Prince would make the Nets the East co-favorites with the Bucks.

Timberwolves still probably reject it, but it’s worth a shot if you are the Nets. It’s the only reasonable trade I could see the Timberwolves even considering, as they would flat out reject the Hawks entire roster w/o Trae + the 1st overall pick even as well as Ayton + whatever Suns want to give up w/o Booker.

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

Yea but the thing is with 4.5 years on his contract, I would just tell KAT, if you don’t want to 100% play for us, we’ll just sit you out 4.5 years and fine you. If you want to damage your legacy and not make the HOF because of that, so be it.

KAT will play. If he continues to sit out many more games, he might not make the All-Star team and he surely won’t make the All-NBA team, and that’s how legacies are judged if you don’t have titles and MVPs.

If I were the Nets though, I would try to go all in and trade Dinwiddie, LeVert, Allen, and as many 1st rounders (up to 4 allowed) as the Timberwolves want for KAT though. If KD is back at 80% next year, Kyrie, KD, and KAT with floor spacers like Joe Harris and Taurean Prince would make the Nets the East co-favorites with the Bucks.

Timberwolves still probably reject it, but it’s worth a shot if you are the Nets.

A team opting to sit a player for 4.5 years would be the absolute death of the franchise. What player in their mind would sign with a team willing to do that? If the Pelicans moved Davis, MIN will find a deal to move KAT.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Timberwolves still probably reject it, but it’s worth a shot if you are the Nets.

Problem with the Nets is salaries. Those 3 only add up to roughly half of KAT’s salary. Nets don’t really have anyone else to throw in to make it work. They’d have to do something like KAT/Napier for Dinwiddie/Caris/Allen/Harris. Agree though that KD/Kyrie/KAT could be a dangerous trio. If KAT really wants out, that’d be a hard deal to pass up, especially if there were 3-4 1st round picks thrown in. It’ll be like Boston all over again. They’d have to stagger those picks every other year. Once KAT acts out again, KD breaks down in 2-3 years, and Kyrie’s “mood swings” that ship will sink in about 3 years.

• superstars92

@Pandamonious said...

Problem with the Nets is salaries. Those 3 only add up to roughly half of KAT’s salary. Nets don’t really have anyone else to throw in to make it work. They’d have to do something like KAT/Napier for Dinwiddie/Caris/Allen/Harris. Agree though that KD/Kyrie/KAT could be a dangerous trio. If KAT really wants out, that’d be a hard deal to pass up, especially if there were 3-4 1st round picks thrown in. It’ll be like Boston all over again. They’d have to stagger those picks every other year. Once KAT acts out again, KD breaks down in 2-3 years, and Kyrie’s “mood swings” that ship will sink in about 3 years.

Trade would have to be done in the off season once LeVert’s extension kicks in. I believe LeVert is making 16M starting next year (3M this year), so once his extension kicks in, you can do that trade and have matching contracts without giving up Harris. It would make most sense in off season too since KD won’t be back this year.

I don’t think this is similar to the KD-Pierce trade in that KAT is still super young and you already have Kyrie and KD on the team, where as that previous Nets team didn’t have great players (Lopez and Joe Johnson are not nearly as good as Kyrie and KD), so in this situation, you are going all in to win a championship kind of like the Clippers and the Kawhi Leonard trade.

KAT is also from New Jersey, that’s a huge plus. With that said, I still don’t think Minnesota would be willing to accept that because it literally takes on average around 20 years for a singular team making 1 first round pick a year to get a player like KAT in the draft, and it takes like maybe 5 years to get 3 guys like Dinwiddie, LeVert, and Allen.

• superstars92

I don’t like TJ McConnell even if Brogdon is out. I have no idea what his price is though I guess if it’s low enough it’s worth it.

I honestly think CJ McCollum is going to be one of the more interesting plays this slate. His price is so low that optimizers will love him (along with Whiteside), but both of them might not have huge games because they still aren’t the primary focus on offense.

McCollum might on average get like 36 FPs at 6.1k, but his ceiling is like 42 FPs, which isn’t all that spectacular. Whiteside’s ownership will be determined by Drummond and Theis, since if Theis is out, people will take some off of Whiteside and go to Kanter.

And Bazemore just sucks. That’s all you need to know about him.

• superstars92

I also think the OKC guards might be somewhat popular behind like CJ McCollum if there are no injuries.

The guards are a bit weird. CP3 plays like SG the first quarter and SGA plays point guard, but then CP3 plays PG the second half and in crunch time. I think they designed it this way to develop SGA the best but it makes like CP3 have terrible starts to games.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

I can confirm opto’s everywhere will love LBJ, CJ, and Svi priced down to 3.2K.

Whiteside is split. One wants to give me like 100% and one more like 10%. The other one prefers a mix of Zeller/McGee (assuming AD is out), and Adams.

• monarch

I like Svi. I also like Darius Garland. He is getting so much volume and playing with a ton of confidence. Brandon Ingram should crush the Pistons at his egregious pricing error.

• superstars92

@Pandamonious said...

I can confirm opto’s everywhere will love LBJ, CJ, and Svi priced down to 3.2K.

Whiteside is split. One wants to give me like 100% and one more like 10%. The other one prefers a mix of Zeller/McGee (assuming AD is out), and Adams.

I’ll rather play Kent Bazemore than Svi. Svi runs around doing nothing, he got me 5.5 FPs last time I played him vs. the Cavs.

• monarch

Re: Bazemore

He was a super raw prospect out of high school. Only Old Dominion offered him a scholarship and they had to redshirt him because he had zero offensive game and was nothing but uncontained energy.

He has to touch the ball often to get into any rhythm. He cannot shoot cold. The Blazers are the worst possible team for him. He would be a much different player on a team that ran actual offense where two players dont dribble for the entire shot clock.

• tmarohl

First – are we sure that Kat is unhappy or is he really hurt?
    Second – maybe these cryptic tweets and stuff we are seeing are because he is frustrated that his knee is not responding.
    Third – Golden State could swap Deangelo Russel straight up for Kat right now as the salaries match. Throw in that lottery pick they are going to get this year and you have the framework for a deal.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

He was a super raw prospect out of high school. Only Old Dominion offered him a scholarship and they had to redshirt him because he had zero offensive game and was nothing but uncontained energy.

He has to touch the ball often to get into any rhythm. He cannot shoot cold. The Blazers are the worst possible team for him. He would be a much different player on a team that ran actual offense where two players dont dribble for the entire shot clock.

That is probably why he would occasionally have a decent game in Atlanta. When the offense is let Trae shoot and let everyone else get garbage, that is where guys who hustle, get boards, and some easy baskets excel.

• Ace15

Like Melo, Ben Simmons, will roll the dice on Bazemore again. Cody Zeller and Rondo also on my list.

• superstars92

@monarch said...

I bet the Blazers regret letting go of both Aminu and Harkless.

• superstars92

@tmarohl said...

Third – Golden State could swap Deangelo Russel straight up for Kat right now as the salaries match. Throw in that lottery pick they are going to get this year and you have the framework for a deal.

I’m not sure MIN would take Russell and the #1 overall pick for KAT. I think only BOS can do a legit trade giving up both Brown and Tatum, but BOS will never do that.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).