7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -4 ) at Charlotte ( 4 ) — T: 220
    7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -10.5 ) at Detroit ( 10.5 ) — T: 226.5
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -5.5 ) at New York ( 5.5 ) — T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -9 ) at Oklahoma City ( 9 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 2.5 ) at Minnesota ( -2.5 ) — T: 220
    9:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5 ) at Phoenix ( -5 ) — T : 227.5
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -6.5 ) — T: 220.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -4.5 ) at Sacramento ( 4.5 ) — T: 235.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Some real Harden hate in here lol.

Let me ask a question. Without looking it up. Has Harden in his entire career been on a bad team? Is he just lucky or been carried by PJ Tucker?

I’m with you, he’s a great player. Only knock imo, is that he hasn’t been great in the clutch in the playoffs.

yet he’s also dragged some mediocre teams farther into the playoffs moreso than any other Current player, except for Lebron.

Edit…also for DFS, no stud player has delivered for me on a more consistent basis than the beard.

• inarodgersitrust

Is Bledsoe really a good play tonight going against Beverley’s defense?

• emnj69

will “harden “rules apply to his new team-he is talented but soft and does not have the killer instinct on the big stage-a guy like bron is a million times the player harden is and can carry a team on his back in big games

• frugal

@monarch said...

Let me ask a question. Without looking it up. Has Harden in his entire career been on a bad team? Is he just lucky or been carried by PJ Tucker?

I won’t argue that Harden is an incredible scoring talent. My issues with him are purely basketball fundamental based surrounding the way he’s developed his style to generate contact in ways which exploit current NBA contact rules, his lack of motion playing off ball, and the fact that physically he has the tools to be an absolutely elite defender and yet chooses to take too many possessions off.

• miggs6876

@BiGtIGeRs said...

I like John Wall better anyways more talented and skilled than harden

Come on?

• miggs6876

@Njsum1 said...

I’m with you, he’s a great player. Only knock imo, is that he hasn’t been great in the clutch in the playoffs.

yet he’s also dragged some mediocre teams farther into the playoffs moreso than any other Current player, except for Lebron.

Edit…also for DFS, no stud player has delivered for me on a more consistent basis than the beard.

Agree. The lack of finishing in the playoffs.

• jdtrey

@monarch said...

He rode KD and WB’s team the first few years.
    Went to Houston and didn’t really improve them much at all that year.
    Got Dwight the next year and then everything started getting better for them.
    Harden’s a good player, he’s not some world beater like people make him out to be. He’s looked good in Houston because they’ve tailored their personnel, system and everything to him like no team has ever done before. It worked out for regular season wins but you can’t have a guy that shies away in the playoffs be your alpha. He can win a title as long as he’s playing second fiddle – he’ll probably never win one having to carry the load.

• emnj69

Harden has played in four Game 7s in his career and in those games, he is averaging 24.3 points on 40.8% shooting. He’s played in 19 elimination games in his playoff career, and in those games, he’s averaging 23.8 points on 41.5% shooting.

lebron LeBron averages 34.1 points, 11 rebounds, seven and assists, two steals and a block in elimination games

• BigRay

@Njsum1 said...

This. He was my favorite player to watch and accumulate DFS pts. like crazy

• zeeshan2

@osuryanf said...

Harden has had plenty of talent around him over the years.

CP3 right around his prime – fail (in terms of title contention)

Russ – fail

Now Wall + Wood – failing

Capela was there for awhile – failed

Eric Gordon is no slouch and he’s been with him for many years – fail

Dwight Howard when he was still a thing – fail

Who’s the common denominator in all of that?

he pressured to get wall and WB; drove CP3 out the first chance he got, got WB which was an awful trade then tried to get Wall, Rockets traded Capela to help out Russ, and drove out Dwight as well. His style of play is awful and he doesn’t play much defense and yes I know he’s a good post defender, steals, etc.

• frugal

Now Wall is out tomorrow…

• Njsum1

@BigRay said...

This. He was my favorite player to watch and accumulate DFS pts. like crazy

Right….it’s simple…His point guard sits. You go all in, and 99/100 times you get a juicy delicious 70 🍔. Sooooooooo reliable.

• jdtrey

@frugal said...

Now Wall is out tomorrow…

And Gordon is questionable .. jeez that may be a dumpster fire at guard tomorrow.
    Point Boogie? haha

• gaelicgirl

@inarodgersitrust said...

Is Bledsoe really a good play tonight going against Beverley’s defense?

Pitchers’ duel IMO

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

Key news to watch (status as of 3 ET):

LeBron James – expected to play
    Anthony Davis – questionable
    Karl-Anthony Towns – expected to play
    Damian Lillard – probable
    Kristaps Porzingis – probable
    Eric Bledsoe – questionable
    Jusuf Nurkic – questionable
    Buddy Hield – probable

• BiGtIGeRs

@miggs6876 said...

Come on?

A healthy John wall from the all-star days was more all around skilled then harden

• tmarohl

@jdtrey said...

Yes team chemistry – you know one of the most important aspects to winning in the NBA. As long as he’s there they have no chance to develop chemistry or an identity for that matter. He’s sitting here telling the media his team is not good enough – do you think those guys are going to want to play with him? Or try for him? I understand this is a business but you’re blatantly ignoring the reason Fertitta is exploring this. It’s not because James has leverage, it’s because he wants him off of his team finally. Trust me, Philly and Brooklyn aren’t all of a sudden offering better packages here.

They’ll actually be a much better team once they move Harden unless they bring back Kyrie in his place. Harden is literally sandbagging – he just went 4 games without going over 20 points for the first time since 11-12 when he was a sixth man in OKC. Even just benching him at this point would make the team better.

I know Kyrie would have to be involved to make the numbers work, but if I’m Houston, I don’t want Kyrie either. Just trading one problem for another.

• mbunner23

@BiGtIGeRs said...

A healthy John wall from the all-star days was more all around skilled then harden

You’re crazy man. Skilled?!

John Wall relied on athleticism for the most part, and was a good passer. Relying on your speed, jumping ability isn’t skill.

James Harden has average athleticism but is incredibly skilled.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

Non fantasy wise….Harden is awful to watch and would be awful to play with. Anyone who has ever played at least semi organized basketball knows this. Great player, but cringe-worthy watching him have the ball for so long each possession.

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

Pitchers’ duel IMO

That’s my concern too

• miggs6876

@BiGtIGeRs said...

I disagree. Wall was a average to below shooter.

• gaelicgirl

@emnj69 said...

Harden has played in four Game 7s in his career and in those games, he is averaging 24.3 points on 40.8% shooting. He’s played in 19 elimination games in his playoff career, and in those games, he’s averaging 23.8 points on 41.5% shooting.

lebron LeBron averages 34.1 points, 11 rebounds, seven and assists, two steals and a block in elimination games

LeBron is the epitome of a 16-game player, Harden is more of an 82-game player.

• pabloplyr

The James Harden criticism im reading here is hilarious. For 1. Houston has never been a playoff team for this many years in their history. 2. Dont forget Harden shot them into the Finals with his clutch 4th quarter Game 6 vs SA in 2012 while KD didnt make 1 FG the last 14 mins of that game. 3. DFS purposes there is no one and I mean no one more consistent and better than Harden. Does he have his flaws of course but this is a man who scored 60 vs the Knicks with 4 backups. All the players you mentioned who played with Harden ALL MISSED GAMES AND ARE ALL INJURY PRONE. His coaching has been lackluster and is the #1 focus of teams in the playoffs. He had CP3 when healthy vs GS but once he got hurt it was 4 on 1 games 6 and 7. Stop acting like this man doesnt elevate teams. The Rockets will go back to mid level mediocrity when he is gone

• jdtrey

@tmarohl said...

I know Kyrie would have to be involved to make the numbers work, but if I’m Houston, I don’t want Kyrie either. Just trading one problem for another.

I’m 100% with you there.
    I think there’s a way they could make it work with Levert and 2 of Dinwiddie, Harris, Prince or Jordan but I don’t see Houston wanting any of that outside Levert. Harris can’t even be traded until March and I doubt BKN has any interest in moving him. I doubt Houston wants Dinwiddie since he’s out for the year and only has one year left under contract after and I doubt they want DAJ or Prince but those are the only guys outside of Kyrie they could use to match salary. Everyone else on the roster makes 4mil or less.

• Njsum1

@jlowery73 said...

Non fantasy wise….Harden is awful to watch and would be awful to play with. Anyone who has ever played at least semi organized basketball knows this. Great player, but cringe-worthy watching him have the ball for so long each possession.

Curious if that was a byproduct of the talent around him coupled with what he was asked to do in D’Antoni’s system.

I don’t think he needs to play that way. I’ve always thought he had to play that way cause that’s what was best for the team. And judging by the Rockets recent playoff runs, one could argue it was pretty successful.

Again, the main knock, and rightfully so on Harden, is choking in the playoffs. Yet if the erockets didn’t shoot like 0-30 from 3 in game 7 against the KD, Steph, Klay, and Dray Warriors, he’d likely be a champion right now. And in the right circumstance, with maybe some clutch shooters, I believe he can win a title.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).