• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Boston ( -4.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 4.5 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 6 ) at Houston ( -6 ) —- T: 206
    8:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 8.5 ) at San Antonio ( -8.5 ) —- T: 223
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 8 ) at Utah ( -8 ) —- T: 209.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 2 ) at Sacramento ( -2 ) —- T: 227
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3 ) at LA Clippers ( -3 ) —- T: 238

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Spartaca

Loved Allen all day, needed to make a change because needed the room so took him out and put Ed Harris in, you are welcome everyone who had Allen, I did it for the board, cause soon as it locked I said, Allen going to go off for no reason other than I switched him out.

O well.. the chalkys hit again.. when they don’t I’ll clean up. I’ll keep fading these 12500 salaries. Has Worked b4 .. And will again! When I won that 2K last month I didn’t play any of the 2 big chalks that dudded.. and a low owned game stack hit. Will keep playing MY way. Still Way Ahead.

• terlingua

My best lineup (371.10) had Harden and Davis. Missed 1st by 11 points in the .25 Fadeaway on Fanduel. Was a little leery of Harden today so I did not combine them in the numbers I should have.

However the winning lineup of 382 had Davis – no Harden.

• Jeezylives

Hard to complain with a sixth place finish in yahoos 50k when you play Rozier and Hield..But when a meaningless Beverley assist to LouWill with 8 seconds left cost you $2250..yikes

• mtdurham

Not sure if posted yet…. but if you havent googled or twittered “Boban” yet just do it…. hysterical… absolutely amazing

• Spartaca

Perfect lineup on DK full slate, 5 players Celtics – Nets

Pos Team Name Salary Scored
    PG LAC Patrick Beverley $3700 32.75
    SG BKN D’Angelo Russell $6500 55.75
    SF BKN Rodions Kurucs $3800 30
    PF NO Anthony Davis $11600 82
    C UTA Rudy Gobert $8400 58.75
    G BOS Jaylen Brown $4300 36.5
    F BOS Jayson Tatum $6300 54.25
    UTIL BKN Jarrett Allen $5200 47
    $49800 397

The guy winning the $100,000 on DK had 5 as well with a 376.50

• SkateFiend

Paying up for mid tier forwards (or any forward below KL and PG level) is just a losing game in the long run. This is the position that will burn you the most. Like Gordon Hayward and DDR today. They’re also more likely to waste more playing time compared to centers and guards. O’neale and Crowder, enough said.

This is one of the reasons why I don’t completely hate FD’s new format. I’m not going to pay up for secondary caliber forwards there. I’m resigned to the fact that one of them will inevitably screw me and will plan accordingly.

I could pay almost 5,000 for a forward like Joe Ingles and when he scores 20 points his score might be dropped. I might as well just take a chance on someone like Rodion and use the saving to plug in James Harden. If he score 11 points his score is dropped. If he scores 30 then you’re in a good position.

• Blkjamesbond79

Came in 8th place with Harden, AD, D.Carrol, kurucus, S.mack, p.beverly, D.Russell and D. Bertans on DK made $100

• travvis

@mtdurham said...

if you havent googled or twittered “Boban”

I googled “Covington” instead. Is that elite enough for your tastes?

Jokes, man.

Welcome back to the forum. Haven’t seen you on this account in awhile. Have things been profitable for you as of late?

• travvis

@mtdurham said...

“Boban”

Assume you mean this? https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1085044994073862145?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

• SkateFiend

James Harden could be 14,500 the next time he plays and it will still be possible to create a lineup without him.

• damionismyname

@SkateFiend said...

Paying up for mid tier forwards (or any forward below KL and PG level) is just a losing game in the long run. This is the position that will burn you the most. Like Gordon Hayward and DDR today. They’re also more likely to waste more playing time compared to centers and guards. O’neale and Crowder, enough said.

This is one of the reasons why I don’t completely hate FD’s new format. I’m not going to pay up for secondary caliber forwards there. I’m resigned to the fact that one of them will inevitably will screw me and will plan accordingly.

I could pay almost 5,000 for a forward like Joe Ingles and when he scores 20 points his score might be dropped. I might as well just take a chance on someone like Rodion and use the saving to plug in James Harden. If he score 11 points his score is dropped. If he scores 30 then you’re in a good position.

forward is tough always. I used to try and pick all decent mid-level forwards and go balanced and their was always one that failed big. Its very hard to get a lineup where all the balanced guys go off. Its seriously best to go stars and scrubs and just hope you pick the right scrubs. Today I played all Harden and Davis yet I had Hortford who sucked so that killed me yet I still cashed. No reason to go with the mid level unless its a 2 game slate or something.

• DirkDigglerz

delete.

• mtdurham

@tianyihe said...

It’s possible that harden puts up another 88 against Memphis and I get punished for having 0 shares, but if he drops 65 while AD goes for 80, I’m going to be pretty well ahead of the field.

nailed it. Great post, great stance.

Exactly correct.

• mtdurham

@hobbes2d said...

Right? Let’s fade the guy averaging 39.5 PPG for the month of January. Oh also averaging over 8 rebounds and 11 assists. So 40 PPG with likely a triple double bonus. Let’s fade that!

Not a shot at Hobbes… whatsoever… ive looked at a ton of his lineups and his posts… i think he’s a genius when it comes to NBA DFS

but the triple double was never happening in this matchup.. you can take 10+ assists completely off the table…

back away from the spreadsheet a little… look at the defensive scheme, matchup, and the available players, etc…. Harden is never, ever, ever getting 10+ assists here…

His scoring absolutely gets a boost because of the absurd amount of FTA and the extra shots he PROBABLY takes… but the assists are drawing dead in this spot

It takes over 100 points to win an NBA game. Memphis will let Harden score 99+ points on his own before they ever let him get 10+ assists in this spot.

I’m not suggesting you should downgrade Harden… because Id rather have him shooting than passing in my lineup… i just think it’s an important concept to understand for other purposes…. Harden’s assists aren’t happening here ever…. that type of knowledge is applicable elsewhere

• mtdurham

@frugal said...

Gasol has let down in so many crush spots it’s hard to trust him. 1 of 2 scenarios tonight:

1. Gasol eats inside and Houston has no answer
    2. Houston small ball destroys Gasol and he sees fewer minutes as MEM tries to matchup.

Exactly this.

This was smash or be smashed.

If Gasol was $8k+ i wouldve faded entirely…

At $6500 I woulda gone all in..

At $7300 i rolled the dice on about half my lineups… fully understanding the situation i was in… 25 or 55…. 39.75 is almost less likely even if its the “mean outcome”

Embrace variance.

• ASalvaro

my 2 best nba scores this year were when i stacked a team or game but most of time i don’t think of it or i can’t bring myself to do it..i really need to do that more often

• ScofieldReturns

won $3 since i tied for last cash spot in LU train, at least i came out ahead with that gasol dud!

tmrw i’m locking in all the revenge: butler, kat, schroeder

• mtdurham

@Wooden_Bones said...

Figuring out Boston isn’t an easy task. I don’t have inside info, but them being my team I thought I’d share my thoughts.

Morris is a better play than Horford. I realize centers vs. BKN are a thing, but Horford without Kyrie is not as good a play. Kyrie uses Horford off the pick and roll more than any other Celtic, and tends to kick the ball out to him. There’s a reason why Kyrie is the only PG Horford has a positive correlation with. Morris gets 4.3% usage bump with no Kyrie.

Rozier and Brown will get all the minutes they can handle with both Kyrie and Smart out. Both are solid plays, but Rozier at $3700 on dk makes me like like him the most.

Hayward gets a good bump and is worth a look as well. He should end up being the main scorer for the second unit.

The only other Celtic I’d be interested in is Wanamaker. He’s minimum priced on dk and will be in the rotation. It’s anyone’s guess how many minutes he’ll see, but it should be in the teens at least, which makes him a true punt in my eyes.

If you read this post you made money tonight.

• footballbutts

@ASalvaro said...

my 2 best nba scores this year were when i stacked a team or game but most of time i don’t think of it or i can’t bring myself to do it..i really need to do that more often

Same, but both times the stacks were obvious.

Was a weird night where even my punt pivots (thanks, PBev) did well but I misfired on one of my mid- or high-priced guys in every lineup. The one guy I wish I didn’t come off of was Jarrett Allen, but I didn’t like what I was pivoting up to by going down to him.

• okiehorn

@mtdurham said...

If you read this post you made money tonight.

I didn’t read this, but did play Hayward and Rozier and they were my weak links. Hayward for sure bust of the night… but had to go there and try.

• eatmyturf23

@mtdurham said...

Exactly this.

This was smash or be smashed.

If Gasol was $8k+ i wouldve faded entirely…

At $6500 I woulda gone all in..

At $7300 i rolled the dice on about half my lineups… fully understanding the situation i was in… 25 or 55…. 39.75 is almost less likely even if its the “mean outcome”

Embrace variance.

Gasol played injured

• pn3

had a harden and a harden/davis lineup(free game). free game one would of cashed in the main ggp though(304.50)

• mtdurham

@866 said...

Why was Glass 50%?

the matchup…. 240 point total… immense value on the slate… lack of high end options other than harden who was priced high as crap….

i hate playing AD… but if there was a night to play him this was it… you had to look for reasons not to really

• mtdurham

@travvis said...

I googled “Covington” instead. Is that elite enough for your tastes?

Jokes, man.

Welcome back to the forum. Haven’t seen you on this account in awhile. Have things been profitable for you as of late?

DFS? No not at all. One of my worst months ever.

This is my time of year to work.. can make $1,000/day then take the rest of the year off lol.

I’m the laziest good looking dude you’ll ever meet.

And this is my only account. You find someone ripping off my style or substance you let me know. Because without substance you cannot have style.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).