Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( ) at Philadelphia ( ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 8 ) at Toronto ( -8 ) — T: 221.5
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( ) at San Antonio ( ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) — T: 229.5
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 5 ) at Denver ( -5 ) — T: 230

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Alvance83

Thoughts on who takes Hayward usage? I don’t think he plays and if not it will factor into how this game plays out.

• monarch

@Alvance83 said...

Thoughts on who takes Hayward usage? I don’t think he plays and if not it will factor into how this game plays out.

LaMelo. He has played the most minutes this season with Hayward off the floor. He gets a boost as well

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

Of course he does. They dont share the floor and Boogie gets his minutes.

Wood will play for 32-34 minutes tonight. Which is why is upside his capped, cause his minutes are capped. I think he’ll see a ton of usage and projections like him for a 50 🍔, so I think he’s a great play, yet he’s not gonna hang 70, unless for the first time this season he shares the floor with Boogie.

Oh, I see what you’re saying. I meant more situational upside not absolute as Wood is going to see a big usage boost here. And if the game is competitive Wood and Cousins will absolutely share the floor a bit with Wood probably seeing 35-38 minutes with a rotation closer to the first couple games of the season.

EDIT: And Cousins and Wood have shared the floor together…for .7 minutes in 1 game.

• Njsum1

@Alvance83 said...

Myles Bridges for 4700 on DK seems like he’s worth a shot. Hayward plays big minutes and bridges normally players around 26. I’d think he’s be in store for a big minutes boost if he starts.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

And if the game is competitive Wood and Cousins will absolutely share the floor a bit with Wood probably seeing 35-38 minutes with a rotation closer to the first couple games of the season.

My concern is that they never have shared the floor and wood hasn’t seen over 33 minutes since Cousins entered the rotation after his stint on IR.

It’s certainly possible they share the floor (as anything is possible), yet it hasn’t happened yet. It would be the first time if it happened tonight. But regardless, Wood should get around 40-60 DK points with His current minutes allotment and big increase in usage.

• NarrowJ

I think, for me, HOU value > MIA value. Achiuwa played 36 minutes with the OT, and Silva actually looked like he was going to finish the game out, but then fouled out with 3 minutes left, and Achiuwa returned. So can see Precious at maybe 27-30 minutes tonight which limits his upside compared to a guy like PJ Tucker who I would liken to Danny Green from the other night: can’t stomach rostering him with his history of next-to-zero usage, but in this situation he may shoot it 15 times. Also like the HOU guards better than Vincent since they probably have roughly the same upside and are 3k instead of over 4k. Could help you go from a 50 ceiling guy to a 60+ ceiling guy at another position.

Boucher going to put up 12 threes against the CHA 2nd unit today? That could go badly, or he could make 7 or 8 of them. He shot 5 of 8 last night and is 47% on the season thus far. The Siakam/Boucher stack could work again tonight, its a smaller slate so I think that’s viable. Also like PJ in this one. Season high 17 shot attempts yesterday and usage is up in his last 3 games. Looks like he is becoming more of a threat for them, and TOR is not a tough matchup there.

Will give Brogdon another go tonight and hope for better results than last time after POR track meet with SAC last night. Lillard/McCollum not old men by any means, but they both played nearly the entire game (43 minutes each). Can’t see Holiday with another career game, but will likely play him in a few anyway (also, McConnell is back tonight it appears).

• maddysdaddy0914

Who runs the point for Hou? Brown?

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

My concern is that they never have shared the floor and wood hasn’t seen over 33 minutes since Cousins entered the rotation after his stint on IR.

It’s certainly possible they share the floor (as anything is possible), yet it hasn’t happened yet. It would be the first time if it happened tonight. But regardless, Wood should get around 40-60 DK points with His current minutes allotment and big increase in usage.

Per NBA.com Wood and COusins have shared the floor for a whopping .7 minutes. I get what you’re saying, but it’s not like they are going to split minutes here. Wood is the clear starter and in a competitive game will play at a minimum his typical starter minutes with boosted usage, Boogie primary role is to back him up. The Rockets are in uncharted territory here, there are ~32 FGA up for grabs tonight and Wood has been the #2 option behand Harden so far. With him elevated to the #1, I think it’s likely going forward that we do see some time with him at PF and Cousins at C as it makes sense to keep your best players on the floor as long as possible.

• monarch

I like Devonte Graham as well. Possibly more than Lamelo. The Hornets run a lot of action to Gordon Hayward where he is coming off pin down screens. They dont have anyone else who can do that on the roster. They probably look more like they did last year where Devonte kinda adlibs looking for his shot.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I like Devonte Graham as well. Possibly more than Lamelo. The Hornets run a lot of action to Gordon Hayward where he is coming off pin down screens. They dont have anyone else who can do that on the roster. They probably look more like they did last year where Devonte kinda adlibs looking for his shot.

Haha, someone gonna get a boost on Charlotte with no Hayward. Can’t be sure who, yet all guys are in play for some limited exposure

• monarch

Rozier has a 44 percent usage rate with Hayward and Lamelo off this season. Guarantee that Noddy is playing Rozier tonight.

• frugal

@monarch said...

Rozier has a 44 percent usage rate with Hayward and Lamelo off this season. Guarantee that Noddy is playing Rozier tonight.

Wasn’t there a weird blurb last night about Lamelo playing off the bench “for now”. I wonder if CHA might shake things up a little and start him tonight.

• NarrowJ

Was just looking into Mason Jones a little bit. Look at this game log from his last season at Arkansas:

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4395704/type/mens-college-basketball

This guy could go nuts off the bench tonight.

• monarch

@frugal said...

Wasn’t there a weird blurb last night about Lamelo playing off the bench “for now”. I wonder if CHA might shake things up a little and start him tonight.

Possibly. I think he wants to wait though. Wouldnt be surprised if one of the Martin twins starts at SF tonight.

• dominicanpapi

Hayward is probable, so that shelves the Hornets talk lol.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

DeMar DeRozan (personal) available to play Thursday. https://t.co/H7E4LNHrDX

• wesdaco

Back-to-backs are a weird beast to deal with – not just physical fatigue but mental fatigue as well. Noticed it in the Pacers vs Warriors two days ago and then Brooklyn last night. It’s tough to show up two nights in a row.

Plus with this weird season and how jammed the schedule is, I’d assume that the Portland guys get less minutes today AND they perform sligthly worse in those minutes.

• frugal

Who are we thinking starts for the HOU back court? Gordon of course if he plays, probably Nwaba. Ben Mac or Brown?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Who are we thinking starts for the HOU back court? Gordon of course if he plays, probably Nwaba. Ben Mac or Brown?

I think

Starters

Brown
    Gordon
    Nwaba
    Tucker
    Wood

Bench

M. Jones
    McLemore
    Martin
    Tate
    Cousins

? Pretty sure I read yesterday Bruno got waived or something

• Njsum1

@wesdaco said...

Back-to-backs are a weird beast to deal with – not just physical fatigue but mental fatigue as well. Noticed it in the Pacers vs Warriors two days ago and then Brooklyn last night. It’s tough to show up two nights in a row.

Plus with this weird season and how jammed the schedule is, I’d assume that the Portland guys get less minutes today AND they perform sligthly worse in those minutes.

It’s not back to backs unless it’s after an OT game.

Both those games you mentioned were back to back 3rd game in 4 nights. Those are the games where you might see some fatigue.

Especially if it’s back to back 3rd game in 4 nights with Travel.

• Supersharpie

This has been probably already been state but:

I really hope one or both of the games scheduled for 1/19 is cancelled so that we can use our tickets for a bigger slate.

• frugal

@wesdaco said...

Over his career, CJ has actually shot better thought scored .5 PPG less on B2B (though of course B2B’s will be a smaller sample than 1 day rest): https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mccolcj01/splits/

Lillard shot slightly worse and 1 PPG less on B2B: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lillada01/splits/

Both played within a minute of their average MPG.

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

I think

Starters

Brown
    Gordon
    Nwaba
    Tucker
    Wood

Bench

M. Jones
    McLemore
    Martin
    Tate
    Cousins

? Pretty sure I read yesterday Bruno got waived or something

Ah…I was searching for who was getting waived in order to accept the players in trade.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Saw it this morning actually

Transaction note: Bruno Caboclo to be waived by the Rockets.

• celtics69

@frugal said...

Ah…I was searching for who was getting waived in order to accept the players in trade.

The Rockets have waived Bruno Caboclo.
    Houston needed to free up a roster spot in order to complete the James Harden deal, as the team received Victor Oladipo and Taurean Prince. Caboclo proved to be the odd man out.

SOURCE: Mark Berman on Twitter
    Jan 14, 2021, 11:04 AM ET

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).