Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( ) at Philadelphia ( ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 8 ) at Toronto ( -8 ) — T: 221.5
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( ) at San Antonio ( ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) — T: 229.5
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 5 ) at Denver ( -5 ) — T: 230

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

If you’re complaining night in and night out about perceived injustices about the environment you’re competing in, it’s usually 1 of 2 things:

1) You should quit
    2) The source of your frustration is yourself but you’re projecting

I’ve been a professional gamer or gambler in some form my entire life. I’m not trying to be a dick, but if you’re sure of your knowledge relative to everyone else’s and similarly are aware of the same tools that people have but are losing, there are holes in that hypothesis.

I consider basketball my number one passion in life and gambling games games of skill second. I can probably name 95 percent of the active NBA off the top of my head and tell you a decent amount about most of them. Neither of those things matter- my knowledge is probably not adequate about either relative to what I want to accomplish in DFS. You might have to do some looking inward or just accept how things are.

I know who is good or who sucks too Wacky.

I will try to check in while throwing a few lineups in over the next few days. Going down to Florida for nine days!

• gaelicgirl

Broke even today

thanks to the After Hours slate

• emoney1214

@chronoxiong said...

I used to dominate NBA. I have great knowledge of the sport and who sucks and who is good. I used to win night and night out from 2014-16. Things started to change from 2017 and today. The field got smarter. The invention of lineup optimizers has made it worst though. I continue to complain about that. I wish sites would get rid of them. Let the people figure out their lineups themselves. I want to know who is really smart with their NBA knowledge. Not let some computer help you out. But back to your statement, I usually play less on days I work. On my days off, I been going too crazy playing $30 or more. It works and a lot of times, it doesn’t. What I want out of this is to show that I know the game and I can profit off it. And win another GPP.

I get this, I do. Remember when they didn’t show out, or questionable in fd and late news meant free money. I remember when you couldn’t get any analysis on nba, so personal knowledge was a huge edge. I wish I had a bigger bankroll back then, but I was in college. Those days are long over and have been for awhile. There is no use in getting mad over that since there is nothing you can do. Like someone else said I can get most of the optimal plays before looking at the optimizers, but check to make sure I don’t miss something obvious. From that, I get away from them by taking a stand on plays I don’t like. For instance, 2 nights ago lamelo was chalk and I haven’t played him at all. I would accept losing if he had a big game. He busted and killed a ton of lineups. Other nights it would sink me. I’m not sure how you landed on lillard and mccollum tonight. As others have said, with this covid crap, it’s stars and scrubs. IDK what those guys were owned but if you are going completely against the field, why are you playing cash? On fd, curry and brogdon seemed pretty obvious, jokic at center, wood pf and fill in with close to minimum players with so much value. I missed on mclemore and thought he would handle the ball more. I watched a little or the game and was impressed with tate.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Dame and CJ don’t suck, but doubling down on both when they can potentially eat into each others production in a pace down spot against the number 7 team in defensive efficiency and on a back to back in a cash game doesn’t make a lot of sense. Especially when part of the reason you’re choosing them is because they were key plays the night before.

A cheap Sterling Brown failing, especially at high ownership will not hurt you in a cash game. An expensive player that doesn’t have high ownership failing can absolutely crush you.

• monarch

I mentioned this last night but Stotts derailed Lillard and McCollum. He didnt stagger, he went back to 2019 rotations where they played and sat on the bench almost strictly together and he relied on Kanter, Simons and Melo. It was gross and really eats into their FPPM.

• frugal

@chronoxiong said...

I used to dominate NBA. I have great knowledge of the sport and who sucks and who is good. I used to win night and night out from 2014-16. Things started to change from 2017 and today. The field got smarter. The invention of lineup optimizers has made it worst though. I continue to complain about that. I wish sites would get rid of them. Let the people figure out their lineups themselves. I want to know who is really smart with their NBA knowledge. Not let some computer help you out. But back to your statement, I usually play less on days I work. On my days off, I been going too crazy playing $30 or more. It works and a lot of times, it doesn’t. What I want out of this is to show that I know the game and I can profit off it. And win another GPP.

I saw the writing on the wall a couple years ago and I built my own projections and optimizer, I have no idea why anyone would be against using them as the whole point of DFS is to have an edge on the competition correct? There is absolutely no way that I could devote enough time to manually go through every player in every game to manually build lineups which cash. I mean, the entire game is focused on analytics at this point. Coaching staffs have statisticians on payroll to crunch numbers and help build strategy.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).