7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( ) at Boston ( ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( -2.5 ) at Clevelan ( 2.5 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 6 ) at Milwaukee ( -6 ) — T: 227
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 2 ) at Minnesota ( -2 ) — T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( -1 ) at Oklahoma City ( 1 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5.5 ) at Utah ( -5.5 ) — T: 223.5
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 8.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -8.5 ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -6 ) at Sacramento ( 6 ) — T: 230.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dominicanpapi

@frugal said...

If Brown plays, his usage is going to be sky high.

Yeah but he’s 9K on FD and Orlando is tough defensively. The COVID-19 protocols seem to change every day but my understanding is Brown has to quarantine/self-isolate for 7-10 days before coming back and I think he was out as of the 9th, so it’s only been 6. Who the hell knows though…

• Njsum1

@dominicanpapi said...

Yeah but he’s 9K on FD and Orlando is tough defensively

And they’ve been playing incredibly slow since Fultz went down.

Yet the usage might be able to make up for it if he goes. I agree he’s not an all in due to price and matchup, yet the usage makes me want to at least have a share or two.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@jdtrey said...

Ja questionable tonight? Holy hell let the poor kid recover!
    2 weeks is not enough time to recover from a grade 2 sprain.

Dr. Trey!
    When it initially happened I thought surely he was out for the season. Doubt he plays but nice to see he’s recovering well and almost back

• Njsum1

Pretty sure, the wolves and warriors are kickin themselves for not drafting….

LaMelo would have been so nice next to Curry. The way curry moves without the ball..woulda been pretty to watch.

Side note…is it me, or does Dray seem a bit rotund this year.

• jdtrey

@Sleazygreazy said...

Dr. Trey!
    When it initially happened I thought surely he was out for the season. Doubt he plays but nice to see he’s recovering well and almost back

Yea I’m happy to see him back but just can’t believe the medical staff would even entertain this. The kid is 21 years old, I get that we recovered quickly at that age but take it nice and slow for a few weeks or risk cutting years off your career if you reinjure – just makes no sense this early in the year or his career. Did the entire Grizzlies team not watch what happened to KD in the Finals 2 years ago? Not saying it’s the same level injury but you favor something for a few weeks and then try to go full bore it usually doesn’t work out well.

• mbunner23

@Njsum1 said...

LaMelo would have been so nice next to Curry. The way curry moves without the ball..woulda been pretty to watch.

Future MVP

• maddysdaddy0914

@Njsum1 said...

Not to take anything away from Ball, but I think Wiseman is gonna be special. Assuming Klay is back next year, I understand why GS took Wiseman.

And regarding Dray, that was my exact comment last night.

• jdtrey

@Njsum1 said...

I’m honestly shocked at how little Lavar has been running his mouth and trying to get involved this time around.

• monarch

Looks like Kyrie is back tomorrow. Harden trade forced him back. Nice leverage.

• frugal

@monarch said...

I think the Nets are going to epically collapse, just don’t seem like a big 3 with complementary skills (and egos).

• jdtrey

@monarch said...

Wait so you throw an indoor party with no masks and all they want is a 5 day quarantine? Crazy

Saw this on Rotoworld:
    He’s expected to return to “team activities” on Saturday, but it’s unclear if he’ll be in the lineup vs. the Magic.

• Njsum1

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

And regarding Dray, that was my exact comment last night

Right? Real noticeable too…even more out of shape than Harden…imo

• monarch

@frugal said...

I think the Nets are going to epically collapse, just don’t seem like a big 3 with complementary skills (and egos).

Maybe. Kyrie is the concern. My opinion is KD and Harden are willing to sacrifice to solidify their legacy. Kyrie, who knows what his motivation is. He would be the one of the three that would require the finals MVP designation to satisfy his ego.

Durant has Nash. Harden has Mike D’Antoni. Kyrie is such a wildcard. Nobody exists to keep him in check.

• jdtrey

@frugal said...

2 ball dominant guards who need at least 6-8 dribbles to set anything up.
    At least KD is a less selfish, only way this works is he makes them buy in but not sure he has that kind of influence on either of the other 2. (I’m way better than both of you and you don’t see me ballhogging) The depth they sacrificed is going to bite them in the ass come playoff time. It’s great to have those 3 and you can stagger even, but they’re going to need to play 45 minutes a night each in the playoffs unless they get some help from somewhere after round 1 or 2.

Edit: Not to mention, which one of those 2 (Ky/James) is going to be happy to come off the floor every game 6 or 8 minutes in so they can stagger and keep someone on the court at all times?

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

I think the Nets are going to epically collapse, just don’t seem like a big 3 with complementary skills (and egos

If they all stay healthy and Kyrie doesn’t pull another disappearing act, there’s no way they don’t at least make the eastern conference finals.

I think they’ll fit quite well. Harden doesn’t need to dominate the ball, he has dominated the ball cause that’s what was asked of him in D’Antoni’s system, and it was what was NEEDED for the mediocre rockets teams he was dragging deep into the playoffs every year.

Harden got what he wanted, I’m guessing he just wants to win, as does Durant, and will do whatever it takes to win.

Kyrie….well, you can never be sure what he’s thinking or what he wants. Yet if he shows up and plays, this Nets team is going to be gooooooooooooood

• Jeddy3

@jdtrey said...

I’m honestly shocked at how little Lavar has been running his mouth and trying to get involved this time around.

Smaller market and Melo’s game speaks for itself. Lonzo on the other hand, not so much.

• frugal

@monarch said...

Maybe. Kyrie is the concern. My opinion is KD and Harden are willing to sacrifice to solidify their legacy. Kyrie, who knows what his motivation is. He would be the one of the three that would require the finals MVP designation to satisfy his ego.

Durant has Nash. Harden has Mike D’Antoni. Kyrie is such a wildcard. Nobody exists to keep him in check.

Is Harden willing to give up high usage iso ball and commit to good off ball motion and playing consistent high quality defense? If the Nets try to pull a system of handing off iso possessions between Harden and KD they’re going nowhere and sooner or later Harden’s going to be complaining again.

And then there’s Kyrie…

• monarch

@frugal said...

Is Harden willing to give up high usage iso ball and commit to good off ball motion and playing consistent high quality defense? If the Nets try to pull a system of handing off iso possessions between Harden and KD they’re going nowhere and sooner or later Harden’s going to be complaining again.

And then there’s Kyrie…

Kyrie is the odd man out.

This will look like the Steve Nash suns where Harden initiates and Kevin Durant is an Amare Stoudemire figuratively on steroids. They dont need Kyrie.

Once Nash learns to stagger and rest KD and Kyrie on B2Bs they will find their rhythm. If they dont win a title my guess is Kyrie will be traded.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

If they all stay healthy and Kyrie doesn’t pull another disappearing act, there’s no way they don’t at least make the eastern conference finals.

I think they’ll fit quite well. Harden doesn’t need to dominate the ball, he has dominated the ball cause that’s what was asked of him in D’Antoni’s system, and it was what was NEEDED for the mediocre rockets teams he was dragging deep into the playoffs every year.

Harden got what he wanted, I’m guessing he just wants to win, as does Durant, and will do whatever it takes to win.

Kyrie….well, you can never be sure what he’s thinking or what he wants. Yet if he shows up and plays, this Nets team is going to be gooooooooooooood

It’s more than not dominating, it’s about completely changing his style and willing to be the 2nd or even 3rd option. When the Heat initially formed there was some growing pains where it was unclear if it was Wade’s or Lebron’s team (Bosh was willing to immediately sacrifice). It took the majority of a season for Wade to finally accept his spot as the #2. But even then we we wer talking about 3 guys with distinct and compatible styles.

There’s way too much overlap in role between Irving and Harden and style between Harden and KD. There will have to be a distinct pecking order where both Kyrie AND Harden are going to have to take pretty big steps backwards and check their egos. I don’t envy Nash.

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

Kerr acknowledged the other day that they thought LaMelo was the most talented player in the draft, howeverrr…Wiseman was a better positional fit since, contrary to popular belief among some in the RG commentariat, Klay is not as good as dead and will be returning next season.

And it’s just you, Draymond is in pretty good shape already. Unlike previous seasons when he did show up out of shape. Let there be no “fat Draymond” slander here!

• monarch

Kyrie is a smart guy.

I heard he did not like the Steve Nash hire with him being a Durant preference. There is no way he liked Mike D’Antoni and now James Harden. He has lost a ton of leverage. He went from the franchise player with a voice to just a guy. He looks around and sees LeBron as a GM and expects the same type of control on roster decisions and it is not there.

• mbunner23

@frugal said...

It’s more than not dominating, it’s about completely changing his style and willing to be the 2nd or even 3rd option. When the Heat initially formed there was some growing pains where it was unclear if it was Wade’s or Lebron’s team (Bosh was willing to immediately sacrifice). It took the majority of a season for Wade to finally accept his spot as the #2. But even then we we wer talking about 3 guys with distinct and compatible styles.

There’s way too much overlap in role between Irving and Harden and style between Harden and KD. There will have to be a distinct pecking order where both Kyrie AND Harden are going to have to take pretty big steps backwards and check their egos. I don’t envy Nash.

Agreed, it’s going to be difficult. It looks great on paper. You can’t compare other big 3’s of the past to Brooklyn’s big 3. Brooklyn’s 3 are all score first mentality players. Harden and Kyrie like to pound the rock.

Miami’s big 3 worked because they all 3 had different type games that fit perfectly, same with Cleveland with Lebron, Kyrie, Love. Lebron has always been pass first.

GS – You can make the argument that Steph, Klay, KD were all score first players as well which is correct, but Steph and Klay are a different score first, they don’t take wasted dribbles, the ball is always moving and free flowing offense that fit them perfectly.

I’m not saying Brooklyn will fail, but there’s going to be major growing pains IMO.

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

And it’s just you, Draymond is in pretty good shape already. Unlike previous seasons when he did show up out of shape. Let there be no “fat Draymond” slander here!

Haha, it’s not just me @maddydaddy0914 noticed it as well. Sorry, but he’s, how do I say this nicely…pleasantly plump. Don’t hate…here’s a puppy 😁

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

Kerr acknowledged the other day that they thought LaMelo was the most talented player in the draft, howeverrr…Wiseman was a better positional fit

Sam Bowie was a better positional fit for the Nets in 1984, yet I’m pretty sure they wished they drafted Micheal Jordan 😉

(Before people go nuts, I’m not comparing LaMelo’s game/ability to MJ, just saying it’s usually wise to take the better player over the positional fit).

• zeeshan2

love SGA, Luka, WCS, and Vuc at an early look

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).