Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -8 ) at Orlando ( 8 ) —- T: 217
    7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4.5 ) at Boston ( -4.5 ) —- T: 214
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5.5 ) at Denver ( -5.5 ) —- T: 211
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Smallchimp

Is the ORL match up for Jimmy Butler a positive one? It looks like he balled out against them, doing better than any average he had so far (season, last 10 games, last 5 games). Exploitable match up or just had a good night? I haven’t gotten to making a salary-adjusted DVP stat or whatever (DM if you can help!) but this stands out to me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1giaS0fxPqjCBW9UOEr3py-sw82SvBUs49CFvFgZFEOc/edit?usp=sharing

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@jriesel315 said...

Is the ORL match up for Jimmy Butler a positive one? It looks like he balled out against them, doing better than any average he had so far (season, last 10 games, last 5 games). Exploitable match up or just had a good night? I haven’t gotten to making a salary-adjusted DVP stat or whatever (DM if you can help!) but this stands out to me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1giaS0fxPqjCBW9UOEr3py-sw82SvBUs49CFvFgZFEOc/edit?usp=sharing

Yeah, it’s positive. It wasn’t a fluke. ORL sucks, coach sucks. He should eat again vs Mario/Simmons

• byo34

Cousins and/or Davis are gonna crush today.

Rondo of course a former Celtic and likes to play in Boston, I can see him putting on a show.. Moore former Celtic too but I don’t love him with Tatum guarding him.

On the other side, I am on Kyrie all day. Baynes potential too, should get about 25 mins, need his size against Cousins/AD,

• Smallchimp

@elving188 said...

Yeah, it’s positive. It wasn’t a fluke. ORL sucks, coach sucks. He should eat again vs Mario/Simmons

Alright sick, still learning about the game and match ups and all that. So far, the other Timberwolves I’ve looked at don’t look nearly as hot (relatively) in this match up. That accurate too?

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@jriesel315 said...

Alright sick, still learning about the game and match ups and all that. So far, the other Timberwolves I’ve looked at don’t look nearly as hot (relatively) in this match up. That accurate too?

I’d say KAT has a great matchup. Bismack isn’t that much of a threat. But same could be say about Bismack because generally I think people like to target opposing centers vs KAT. Of course Biyombo doesn’t have as high of a ceiling as KAT.

Could KAT score 45 @ 9.5k and Bismack come out and put up a 40 burger at only 6.4k? Yup. I’d take the savings personally. If I’m paying it up today it’s not gonna be for KAT. I’d rather just pay a little more for boogie at 11.2k. Or just take Butler

• miggs6876

@elving188 said...

I’d say KAT has a great matchup. Bismack isn’t that much of a threat. But same could be say about Bismack because generally I think people like to target opposing centers vs KAT. Of course Biyombo doesn’t have as high of a ceiling as KAT.

Could KAT score 45 @ 9.5k and Bismack come out and put up a 40 burger at only 6.4k? Yup. I’d take the savings personally. If I’m paying it up today it’s not gonna be for KAT. I’d rather just pay a little more for boogie at 11.2k. Or just take Butler

I agree with you. First glance, had me pairing glass and boogie while paying down at PG. Lots of value there. I have lots of time to evaluate more.

• caleb21scott

ill play booker everyday until he gets to 9k
    -Ferrell is too cheap not to play
    -Davis against a Bos team that gives it up to bigs
    -Joker is in a smash spot
    -I don’t know why but I really like fourneir today as well

• colb24

@byo34 said...

Cousins and/or Davis are gonna crush today.

Rondo of course a former Celtic and likes to play in Boston, I can see him putting on a show.. Moore former Celtic too but I don’t love him with Tatum guarding him.

On the other side, I am on Kyrie all day. Baynes potential too, should get about 25 mins, need his size against Cousins/AD,

I think theis sees an uptick in minutes today too… Less small ball baynes or theis on the court at all times tonight.

• caleb21scott

@jriesel315 said...

jriesel do you keep up with this spreadsheet yourself?

• bucherpsu08

Stacking the Dallas backcourt (DSJ, Yogi, Matthews). Very cheap exposure to 35+ minutes each.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@colb24 said...

I think theis sees an uptick in minutes today too… Less small ball baynes or theis on the court at all times tonight.

Also Horford is back

• colb24

@elving188 said...

Also Horford is back

yeah 3 man rotation with them three tonight….2 / 3 in the game at all times. I don’t expect Tatum to play the 4 at all tonight.

• NarrowJ

The one piece of news I really need isn’t going to be had before lock. Napier would scorch his $4100 salary against the Suns even if he only gets 20-22 mins.

• dmbtrip2004

Alright…thoughts on Cannon tonight?

• nickvogel8

Who are the targets for Phx if Chriss and Warren sit? Booker and Jackson? Bender is so hot and cold

• Smallchimp

@caleb21scott said...

jriesel do you keep up with this spreadsheet yourself?

It’s just putting the initial effort of getting caught up. Its super easy to update it day to day once its a day or two behind. I’m not entirely caught up for everyone yet

• mataug21

@nickvogel8 said...

Who are the targets for Phx if Chriss and Warren sit? Booker and Jackson? Bender is so hot and cold

I think Booker is lock and load regardless of who sits with his price of 7800 on FD. So much upside at a thin position.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

We won’t be hearing any Bender is a lock after last game :)

• Bnett2210

Teague against ORL?? Been success with attacking them with PG.

• DC2380

@Bnett2210 said...

Teague against ORL?? Been success with attacking them with PG.

Will be in my core

• yanksfan1

DSJ + Ferrell should be lock for 6x

• mataug21

I always like playing Minnesota vs. bad defenses that are pace up. I’ll have a lot of Teague and Jimmy Buckets. Running it back with Biyombo.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@elving188 said...

Same thought process for me as far as going Butler > KAT .. I paid down to Jokic against dallas though instead of boogie/davis. Stretch C’s have exposed them all season (KAT, K. Love, Cousins) and that should follow suit tonight.

Punting Baynes/Canaan in my LU tonight. Just doing single entry gpp today.

• colb24

@KATburger said...

Same thought process for me as far as going Butler > KAT .. I paid down to Jokic against dallas though. Stretch C’s have exposed them all season (KAT, K. Love, Cousins) and that should follow suit tonight.

Punting Baynes/Canaan in my LU tonight. Just doing single entry gpp today.

did you take a look at Theis… Minutes moving up hes little more mobile then Baynes

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@colb24 said...

did you take a look at Theis… Minutes moving up hes little more mobile then Baynes

I just think they’ll need his bigger body for D. Cousins. He’s in a good spot for sure I just think stevens will want baynes out there to be physical with boogie and stick horford on davis

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).