7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 3.5 ) at Detroit ( -3.5 ) —- T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 4 ) at Houston ( -4 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Memphis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) —- T: 218
    10:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 12.5 ) at Portland ( -12.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6 ) at Golden State ( -6 ) —- T: 240
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at LA Clippers ( -2 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@Benf15harp said...

How’d it turn out damion? Randle picked it up

cashed on dk and yahoo but done on fd.

• travvis

@FargoBison said...

I turned $34 into $188, not a bad night.

Not too shabby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5Z-HpHH9g

• thetitanlb

@SkateFiend said...

ESPN was saying that the Warriors and Pelicans (or maybe it was some other game) just set a new record for combined threes in a half or something like that.

The amount of offense we’re seeing from the NBA is just ridiculous. I want to know how the Rockets scored 140 plus points. They let his B level teammates combine for 80 points? PJ Tucker scored 20 points? Apparently James Harden just did whatever he wanted with 5 fouls on him, even in OT.

It was the warriors and pelicans game that beat the record. Shits just nyts cause I lost gpp by 2-4 points having only 3 players in that warriors game. Had the stack in the blowout game and somehow bubbled smh.

• FargoBison

@TheWolf1113 said...

Best night on Yahoo with 371…and I had it in the quarter
    I’ll take the 4th place for $15 but dang….

Would have been $150 in the $10 but I typically do the same so I feel your pain.

• shrilla

Gonna take a few days off. I’m missing bad right now. I even felt real good about tonight’s lineup and just whiffed.

• scott33

@travvis said...

No big win here, but it was actually a big win night for me nonetheless: https://i.imgur.com/f7waRxX.png

Nice man. I had 8/10 lineups finish between 333-356. Got a 3x return, wish I would’ve maxed the Baller. Scared money don’t make money.

• thetitanlb

Can someone find the last time Vegas was off by 45 points on a game total that didn’t go to OT? That pelvis vs warriors game has to be the most by a mile man

• SkateFiend

@chronoxiong said...

I really hate what this league has become. I’m sick and tired of these 140-130 games. You will never figure out the right GPP winning or cash game lineups with all these high scores. It wasn’t even like that back then because games were lower scoring and if you figured out which game was higher scoring, you were rewarded. Now, that isn’t even the case.

I scored 332.8 on FD tonight to finally stop the bleeding I been having on FD. Too bad I am so fed up with FD that I only played in a few bucks. But got GPP cash which was what I couldn’t get for a long time. Really sad I lost money on Yahoo. Only scored 304 there with Colin Sexton ruining my night. He was $14 as my Utility spot and I originally had Austin Rivers at that spot. So I screwed myself over there. Some notable guys I faded in his price range were Crowder, Terrence Ross, Looney and Jamaychal Green. I thought about rostering all these guys. Just didn’t pull the trigger. Sad.

I think the GPP contest payout structure has to change for the NBA. The top 25% should cash. The conservative bankroll strategy does not work in today’s NBA. Even if you play one lineup a day, you’ll eventually get wiped out.

I’ve gone 4,5 days without cashing anything, which rarely happens in MLB. I don’t think it happened for me in NHL when I played that for about a month.

The sports media marvel at the western conference’s packed standings. It actually doesn’t mean the conference has 8 title contenders. It’s more like they have a bunch of teams who trade baskets for a living. You score a lot, get scored on a lot, and everyone has 28 and 14 ish records.

• circadudexl

Can anyone tell me what 376.6 would have won in the 7.77 shot on FD?

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@circadudexl said...

with that scoring, I’d say $8

• TheWolf1113

@FargoBison said...

Would have been $150 in the $10 but I typically do the same so I feel your pain.

Yeah I only had like .50 left from my tryout deposit lol 371 and 350, usually happens like that

• circadudexl

@damionismyname said...

with that scoring, I’d say $8

Had to be more lol. Won 350 in the 2 dollar one

• thetitanlb

@SkateFiend said...

I think the GPP contest payout structure has to change for the NBA. The top 25% should cash. The conservative bankroll strategy does not work in today’s NBA. Even if you play one lineup a day, you’ll eventually get wiped out.

I’ve gone 4,5 days without cashing anything, which rarely happens in MLB. I don’t think it happened for me in NHL when I played that for about a month.

The sports media marvel at the western conference’s packed standings. It actually doesn’t mean the conference has 8 title contenders. It’s more like they have a bunch of teams who trade baskets for a living. You score a lot, get scored on a lot, and everyone has 28 and 14 ish records.

That’s what I was gonna post. The NBA is just becoming the OK corral. Any random night you get a nuts ass game that can ruin everything

• scott33

@circadudexl said...

35th for $150

• Mr_tjRoto

Forget complaining about the NBA regarding DFS, instead just complain about the game itself without regard to gambling.
    Its horrendous when a player dribbles up (Durant) and pops a 3 instead of driving to the basket. Of course watching the Pistons every night gets boring watching Griffin back to the basket dribble dribble dribble.

But again I think the NBA has gone soft and the players take their checks, so “who cares man”

There are some teams who play defense and no how to overcome deficits without hurling 3’s and Boston stands out as one of those since they play team basketball

Go Toronto

• scott33

@circadudexl said...

Had to be more lol. Won 350 in the 2 dollar one

Stick to the Dribbler & Block unless you’re maxing out. Crazy that you won twice as much in the $2 SE than you would’ve in the $7.77 but that’s FD for ya.

• DirkDigglerz

bruh Cashline. on Yahoo is at 320 haha cashed in 5/7 once again didn’t put my best lineup in the RG league I’m getting smoked there lol…

• Calicapo

@mtjroto79 said...

Forget complaining about the NBA regarding DFS, instead just complain about the game itself without regard to gambling.
    Its horrendous when a player dribbles up (Durant) and pops a 3 instead of driving to the basket. Of course watching the Pistons every night gets boring watching Griffin back to the basket dribble dribble dribble.

But again I think the NBA has gone soft and the players take their checks, so “who cares man”

There are some teams who play defense and no how to overcome deficits without hurling 3’s and Boston stands out as one of those since they play team basketball

Go Toronto

Shooting and making 3s is not soft.

It’s the correct way to play mathematically.

At this point, they might have to trot out the 4 point line, though.

• tmarohl

Made a little on FD, DK and Yahoo tonight. Probably about a $150 profit. I’ll take it after a cold streak.

• RandysCrow

@tmarohl said...

Made a little on FD, DK and Yahoo tonight. Probably about a $150 profit. I’ll take it after a cold streak.

GG would have been proud of your h2h lineup against me… I was like damn the whole starting 5 lol

• scott33

@DirkDigglerz said...

bruh Cashline. on Yahoo is at 320 haha cashed in 5/7 once again didn’t put my best lineup in the RG league I’m getting smoked there lol…

Nice bro, I saw you up there in the $1 GPP. I actually managed to put one of my better lineups into our league for a change, that’s my proudest accomplishment of the night lol.

• tmarohl

@RandysCrow said...

GG would have been proud of your h2h lineup against me… I was like damn the whole starting 5 lol

The one lineup I fade Harden in, against you. I had like 368 in my Harden lines.

• tmarohl

Don’t look now, but guess who no one is talking about with the best record in the NBA?

• eatmyturf23

@Calicapo said...

Shooting and making 3s is not soft.

It’s the correct way to play mathematically.

At this point, they might have to trot out the 4 point line, though.

They keep tightening the rules. Refs will call a foul if you land in the 3 pt shooter’s “landing circle” even if you only cause air to breeze their jersey and dont even touch them.

All kinds of cheap hand checks and ticky tack offensive player initiated bumps lead to free throws. There’s no room for hard battles anymore.

• eatmyturf23

I actually think the 3 point line should disappear. It’s an easy make for pros. I do agree it’s mathematically sound otherwise.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).