• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at New York ( 3 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 8 ) at Milwaukee ( -8 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -4 ) at New Orleans ( 4 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 11 ) at LA Clippers ( -11 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( -7 ) at Golden St ( 7 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Kanner88

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! HOW DOES IT FEEL !!! ILL BET REEEEEEEAAALLYYY GOOOOOOD !!!!

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

When you going to come back? I’ll just not waste money until then.

Haha I’ll be back posting in the morning tomorrow. I wasn’t around here last few days and didn’t play NBA since was too busy. Gonna start looking at tomorrow’s slate now.

I think KAT might play tomorrow, but I think I’ll target the Spurs vs. Hawks.

• @Kanner88 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! HOW DOES IT FEEL !!! ILL BET REEEEEEEAAALLYYY GOOOOOOD !!!!

Hasn’t sunk in yet, I’m about to go for a drive, its 136 am here, idgaf, im 26, more money then I’ve ever made, honestly man i thought i was delusional for such a long time vs the sharks.

#BELIEVE

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Man I really can’t believe how good Michael Porter Jr is. I knew he was always an elite prospect going back to HS, but how in the world is he so skilled offensively already at age 21?

• jv21

@tmarohl said...

437.4 and only good for 1078th. How times have changed in the last few years.

Yeah my best was 455.1 for 604th. Crazy scores.

My target value was 6.5x. I should had been targeting like 8x+. :O

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Any recommendations is there a website that can help me about how taxes come in. This my first big win obvisouly i have no idea what to do.

It’s just taxed like regular income. So, if you end the year profiting 100K, + your regular income, will put you in whatever bracket then you get taxed that percentage. As far as loopholes and other things you can do to bring that number down or best way to handle things there will be sooner than later a DFS Tax thread here on RG with whoever their linked up with. DFSaccounting.com I believe it was last year.

• Kanner88

@BBWC_10 said...

Congrats Billy awesome hit !!!!! Great LU but also pretty sick you had 6 players play in OT games. Congrats

I personally would call fan duel and ask them how get the taxes done

• Kanner88

Hasn’t sunk in yet, I’m about to go for a drive, its 136 am here, idgaf, im 26, more money then I’ve ever made, honestly man i thought i was delusional for such a long time vs the sharks.

#BELIEVE

I live in Chicago area so 12:40 am here , I would personally call fan duel and ask them what to do

• @Pandamonious said...

It’s just taxed like regular income. So, if you end the year profiting 100K, + your regular income, will put you in whatever bracket then you get taxed that percentage. As far as loopholes and other things you can do to bring that number down or best way to handle things there will be sooner than later a DFS Tax thread here on RG with whoever their linked up with. DFSaccounting.com I believe it was last year.

I mean so basically I’m gonna need to set aside a good chunk of it.
    This is my first profit, like over the past few years I’ve probaly lost money if not broke even, I’m a tournament player, i know it’s not a long term success doing it like i do. I usually just make 1 lu and put it in a few different contests.

• tmarohl

#BELIEVE

Don’t know how much you make, what your job status is, what state you live in, etc. My advice, don’t be stupid. You just won 60 grand most likely after taxes. Stick 40K away for the tax man. Once again, congrats on the big win.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

This is my first profit, like over the past few years I’ve probaly lost money if not broke even, I’m a tournament player, i know it’s not a long term success doing it like i do. I usually just make 1 lu and put it in a few different contests.

Yea congrats man and please take a lot of it out! You can play more now, but please don’t invest 100% of it back in. I would advise taking like 50k of your 100k winnings out immediately. Then take like 10k out for the next 4 months every month. You are going to pay probably around 30k in taxes is my guess (changes depending on your normal job).

It’s awesome you won, always cool to see a poster here do well (just don’t leave us please!)

• @tmarohl said...

Don’t know how much you make, what your job status is, what state you live in, etc. My advice, don’t be stupid. You just won 60 grand most likely after taxes. Stick 40K away for the tax man. Once again, congrats on the big win.

I come from the bottom man, I’m not ashamed to admit, I’ve made like a little over 30k last year. I’m just gonna set aside that money, i won’t spend it, just pay my car off, student loan.

• Kanner88

Always keep the faith and stay positive, that’s why I play to hopefully get a winner someday like you just did !!! BELIEVE AND MOST OF ALL ENJOY !!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Right. Like tmarohl just said, count on 35-40K going to taxes. It’ll probably be less, but be safe. 24% or 32% is probably what you’ll owe back of it. Just google 2020 tax brackets and you’ll figure it out.

• tmarohl

I come from the bottom man, I’m not ashamed to admit, I’ve made like a little over 30k last year. I’m just gonna set aside that money, i won’t spend it, just pay my car off, student loan.

Well, at 30K you probably pay very little in taxes. Now you are at 130K, Put 50K away for the tax man, because that 30K you make will now be fully taxable.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Wow that’s awesome then. The 100k win is like lifechanging money for you! I read some story about some guy being staked and winning on here, but your story deserves just as much recognition.

• @Pandamonious said...

Right. Like tmarohl just said, count on 35-40K going to taxes. It’ll probably be less, but be safe. 24% or 32% is probably what you’ll owe back of it. Just google 2020 tax brackets and you’ll figure it out.

Appreciate it, ill be back in a hour or so gonna go drive, let it sink in.

• Amp12

Finally took down a tournament today!! NBA DIME 1st place

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Also, what was the winning lineup? I don’t play FD, so literally I’ve just been going off posts here. I know it had MPJ, who else?

• tmarohl

I have never hit a 100K, but have had a couple 25K and 10K jackpots. I have always just put 50% of it away in a money market, and let the chips fall where they may at the end of the year. Better to be conservative, rather than spend it all, or bet it all, and owe Uncle Sam money you can’t pay at the end of the tax year. Many DFS players careers have ended because of Uncle Sam.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Also, what was the winning lineup? I don’t play FD, so literally I’ve just been going off posts here. I know it had MPJ, who else?

PG
    Kemba Walker
    40 PTS, 3 AST, 11 REB, 1 BLK, 2 TO
    BOS 123@MIL 128
    FINAL
    27.7%
    OWNED
    R. Rubio
    PG
    Ricky Rubio
    25 PTS, 13 AST, 8 REB, 4 ST, 1 BLK, 4 TO
    PHO 121@NY 98
    FINAL
    31.9%
    OWNED
    K. Middleton
    SG
    Khris Middleton
    23 PTS, 4 AST, 6 REB, 2 ST, 2 TO
    BOS 123@MIL 128
    FINAL
    11.4%
    OWNED
    D. Mitchell
    SG
    Donovan Mitchell
    46 PTS, 2 AST, 6 REB, 2 ST, 3 TO
    UTA 132@NO 138
    FINAL
    53.7%
    OWNED
    W. Barton
    SF
    Will Barton
    31 PTS, 7 AST, 5 REB, 1 ST, 1 BLK, 4 TO
    DEN 134@GS 131
    5TH – 00:00
    28.1%
    OWNED
    49.5 Proj
    B. Ingram
    SF
    Brandon Ingram
    49 PTS, 6 AST, 8 REB, 1 BLK, 4 TO
    UTA 132@NO 138
    FINAL
    14.1%
    OWNED
    D. Favors
    PF
    Derrick Favors
    21 PTS, 3 AST, 11 REB, 2 ST, 3 BLK, 1 TO
    UTA 132@NO 138
    FINAL
    21.2%
    OWNED
    M. Porter
    PF
    Michael Porter
    18 PTS, 5 AST, 10 REB, 2 ST
    DEN 134@GS 131
    5TH – 00:00
    28.5%
    OWNED
    43.5 Proj
    R. Gobert
    C
    Rudy Gobert
    17 PTS, 4 AST, 14 REB, 3 BLK, 1 TO
    UTA 132@NO 138
    FINAL
    11.9%
    OWNED

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I have never hit a 100K, but have had a couple 25K and 10K jackpots. I have always just put 50% of it away in a money market, and let the chips fall where they may at the end of the year. Better to be conservative, rather than spend it all, or bet it all, and owe Uncle Sam money you can’t pay at the end of the tax year. Many DFS players careers have ended because of Uncle Sam.

Money Market? I recommend SPY. It only goes up.

• @billythekidcowboysheat said...

Fd lu-
    Kemba
    Rubio
    Mitchell
    Middleton
    Ingram
    Barton
    Favors
    Mpj
    Gobert

$$$

• BBWC_10

I think Luka is pretty much un playable tomorrow, Even though he may make value you have to find some serious value. At first look I kinda like the Mem/Clev game.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

tmarhol: Why does Giannis suck at FTs all of a sudden?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler