• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at New York ( 3 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 8 ) at Milwaukee ( -8 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -4 ) at New Orleans ( 4 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 11 ) at LA Clippers ( -11 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( -7 ) at Golden St ( 7 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superstars92

@Amp12 said...

Finally took down a tournament today!! NBA DIME 1st place

Nice job

• superstars92

@BBWC_10 said...

I think Luka is pretty much un playable tomorrow, Even though he may make value you have to find some serious value. At first look I kinda like the Mem/Clev game.

Thomas Bryant is ridiculous value if he sees 25+ mins. I have no idea what his mins limit is though.

I’m also certain Jeremy Lamb will be chalky because every optimizer will be all over that points-per-price.

And holy…Kevin Huerter’s last game???? What in the world? I did not play….I’m glad I didn’t.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Amp12 said...

Finally took down a tournament today!! NBA DIME 1st place

congrats…..

• RWilder

@superstars92 said...

Also, what was the winning lineup? I don’t play FD, so literally I’ve just been going off posts here. I know it had MPJ, who else?

I think I know it by heart because it was identical to mine pretty much.

Kemba, Rubio, Mitchell, Middleton, Ingram, Barton, Favors, MPJ, Robert.

I didn’t look it up. But sure that’s it

• ghostfacekicker

High scoring night. I put up 407 on FanDuel and finished 5000 out of 62000.

• ghostfacekicker

5003 and 411.1

• ghostfacekicker

Walker Ball Middleton Mitchell Barton Hayward Leonard Porter Jr Anton

Hayward has a 15 and I still put up 411.1 to finish 5003 in the money.

• ghostfacekicker

@RWilder said...

I think I know it by heart because it was identical to mine pretty much.

Kemba, Rubio, Mitchell, Middleton, Ingram, Barton, Favors, MPJ, Robert.

I didn’t look it up. But sure that’s it

• madmanjayWV

I give ADAM SILVER credit — it’s a FUN PRODUCT……..sadly; for the record — I’ve long since decided since LBJ and the #WhoIShongKONG – CHINA – (situation) — that i can no longer respect him….moreso as a person… (I play him a ton, though in DFS)…

WORST of all, I’ve been rooting for the #FAKERS since the early 80s……I pray they don’t win shizzle with LBJ #AYDS there…just the way I roll ……

NOTE —— U Can quit reading now!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WHO CARES about 18.6% owned WILLTHRILLBARTON’s 50+BURGER on DK
    haha – just home from work and the LATE NIGHT HAMMER WORKED!
    OK — worked to a MIN cash in a $1 DK GPP S-E to net $2..but not the point!
    WOOT WOOT!
    SF Michael Porter Jr.
    52.3%
    DEN 134 GS 131
    Final
    10 REB, 3 3PM, 5 AST, 2 STL, 18 PTS, 1 DDbl 45
    PF Mason Plumlee
    2.6%
    DEN 134 GS 131
    Final
    15 REB, 4 AST, 2 BLK, 1 STL, 4 TO, 15 PTS, 1 DDbl 45.25

THIS was a TINY TINY SLATE in theory….GOD loves NBA #AYDS

Y?

B/C — It’s FANTASTIC!

P.S. — I guess 10.6% owned SingleEntry RJ BARRETT and his 13.75 — got injured or sumpin?
    20% AYTON was huge..and a 50burger from 18.2% Kahwi was solid – BOJAN B at 17.5% — 36.25…bleh, but not a negative..

FYI = the DK SE was a 327.75, I’ll take it..betta than not cashing by sub 3pts..STAT CORRECTION ON PLUM DOGS — holy shit he got a BOARD or something and a BLOCK ADDED..
    330.25……sweet

PAT BEV @8% did me no favors…122-95 CLIPS destroyed Magic…obvious..but rostered him S-E anyway — now PLUMLEE is back to 45…with an added TURNOVER (NO CLUE)..
    what DK is doing now……..

make that 3 TO’s 44.5 for PLUMDOG – Mason………..#GONUGS — can’t believe the — well I can believe..since like 45
    mins b4 the game ended I“m like aren’t the WARRIORS TANKING??????? EZ COVER THO
    NUGS 134, GSW 131 #AYDS

987th – i guess if final..barring more stat corrections — in a 5,945 field..i’ll take it…..

• madmanjayWV

@superstars92 said...

Thomas Bryant is ridiculous value if he sees 25+ mins. I have no idea what his mins limit is though.

I’m also certain Jeremy Lamb will be chalky because every optimizer will be all over that points-per-price.

And holy…Kevin Huerter’s last game???? What in the world? I did not play….I’m glad I didn’t.

ZION RETURNS SOON

I’d think Bryant gets low 20s @ worst…….anxious for ZION……..Pelicans are interesting, but can be really messy from a DFS perspective..if u had either any LONZO #ayds BALL or “”(player-popup #eric-bledsoe)ERIC BLEDSOE”:/players/eric-bledsoe-1031” — LeMello ball would be betta, u were screwed for elite GPP finish…..just can’t make BOMB – mistakes and NAIL THE TRAP PLAYS………..

P.P.S. —

SUCKS TO SUCK!

IT took 495.6 points to cash $250 on a NICKEL on their PIGGY BANK GPP

entities.user.expert_level.highlyExperienced
    madmanjay
    87499th of 278273
    POSITION
    $0.10
    WINNING
    0 quarters left

SG
    P.J. Dozier
    DEN 134@GS 131
    FINAL
    1.3%
    OWNED
    M. Bridges
    SF
    Mikal Bridges
    7 PTS, 4 AST, 5 REB, 4 TO
    PHO 121@NY 98
    FINAL
    25.5%
    OWNED

ON to FRIDAY!

GOOSE EGG and a GPP CASH is a GOOD NIGHT!

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

tmarhol: Why does Giannis suck at FTs all of a sudden?

He has never been good at them, but he used to be at least a 72 or 73% shooter. I think it is all in his head. I have seen him swish 12 in a row, and also seen him brick them consistently like this year. My theory, he takes too much time. He needs a routine. Go up there, take a couple rythym dribbles, and shoot the damn ball. He is a human rain delay this year. He would be right there with Harden in scoring if he shot a decent percent this year.

• chronoxiong

Congrats to those who won tonight. I’m jealous of you all. I’m gonna send FD a support ticket to ask them to fix their soft pricing because seeing the high scores tonight is not cool. Neither is it fun. Yes, I’m not happy tonight. I feel like crying to be honest. I knew Monte Morris was a trap. Knew Jerami Grant was one too. And stupid me for picking Bledsoe over Rubio and Walker. Along with trusting Harrell in a game that I felt was going to blowout. Again, I have no one to blame but myself. I went heavy on FD tonight and lost it all again. Along with going heavy on Yahoo again too. I think I’m done playing on Yahoo for now. Except on Fridays.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Money Market? I recommend SPY. It only goes up.

No idea what a SPY is. Just want the dude to not lose money and have cash when the tax man comes calling.

• BBWC_10

@superstars92 said...

Not a huge fan of playing bigs vs. Toronto. I have been playing Garland a lot, he is shooting the ball a lot more, Ja isn’t a good defender. Val has been playing better. Sabonis killed the Wolves the other day. No idea which Spur guard will go off vs. Atlanta. Beal seems really cheap…. I think he put up 90 against Tor last year.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Congrats to those who won tonight. I’m jealous of you all. I’m gonna send FD a support ticket to ask them to fix their soft pricing because seeing the high scores tonight is not cool. Neither is it fun. Yes, I’m not happy tonight. I feel like crying to be honest. I knew Monte Morris was a trap. Knew Jerami Grant was one too. And stupid me for picking Bledsoe over Rubio and Walker. Along with trusting Harrell in a game that I felt was going to blowout. Again, I have no one to blame but myself. I went heavy on FD tonight and lost it all again. Along with going heavy on Yahoo again too. I think I’m done playing on Yahoo for now. Except on Fridays.

I remember when the goal was to hit 300. Now you have to shoot for 450.

• superstars92

@BBWC_10 said...

Not a huge fan of playing bigs vs. Toronto. I have been playing Garland a lot, he is shooting the ball a lot more, Ja isn’t a good defender. Val has been playing better. Sabonis killed the Wolves the other day. No idea which Spur guard will go off vs. Atlanta. Beal seems really cheap…. I think he put up 90 against Tor last year.

KAT if he comes back will help the Pacers actually. Yea didn’t play that slate when Pacers and Wolves played, but I wonder what Lamb was priced then. A 4.6k Lamb does look really cheap but he’s been really struggling last few games.

I won’t play Bryant unless he sees 25+ mins, looking at his last 2 that might be a stretch though.

I think LMA is solid value vs. the Hawks. I know Garland has been playing better, but not sure I want to get on his train yet. He’s definitely got a really good stroke so that will make him valuable no matter what in the future.

Also I need an explanation on why Cam Reddish is 4.8k on DK coming off a sub 10 FP game….??? Anyone know? Are they actually trying to make him 0% owned. Even if Trae was out, I wouldn’t play him at that price and I’m a big proponent of playing him whenever Trae is out against bad defensive teams (like the Nets).

• superstars92

@tmarohl said...

No idea what a SPY is. Just want the dude to not lose money and have cash when the tax man comes calling.

To make it simple, if you or someone you know has a 401k, that (and similar products) makes up probably a decent chunk of it.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

To make it simple, if you or someone you know has a 401k, that (and similar products) makes up probably a decent chunk of it.

That didn’t help me. My 401K is made up of large cap, mid cap, small cap, bond funds, index funds, and some foreign funds. No idea what you referred to.

• superstars92

@tmarohl said...

That didn’t help me. My 401K is made up of large cap, mid cap, small cap, bond funds, index funds, and some foreign funds. No idea what you referred to.

It’s basically the large cap, but it’s also highly correlated to mid cap, small cap, index funds, etc. So essentially your 401k should have been doing super well last few years, just like SPY.

• superstars92

Wow Cavs have 4 players who’s dads played in the NBA

Darius Garland – Winston Garland
    Kevin Love – Bob Love
    Larry Nance JrLarry Nance Sr (who was really good)
    Tristan Thompson – LeBron James

• superstars92

Whoa and Bradley Beal is so cheap he’s like a lock tomorrow. Just noticed that….7.6k historic lows in maybe 1.5 years.

• madmanjayWV

@tmarohl said...

I remember when the goal was to hit 300. Now you have to shoot for 450.

that seems excessive, but it’s not…….

I really do love NBA — in general and moreso DFS — it’s a crazy game….. especially sub 150 entries……but 2 each their own…

just grind out the #AYDS one day @a TIME……….. —- ‘til u #BOINK sumpin’ and go from there……

• eatmyturf23

Congrats to the winners, especially Billy! Incredible.

That said, I’m tired of each night becoming a silly scoring fest with arcade scores. One dud and you’re effed.

• chronoxiong

@eatmyturf23 said...

Congrats to the winners, especially Billy! Incredible.

That said, I’m tired of each night becoming a silly scoring fest with arcade scores. One dud and you’re effed.

It hasn’t been fun playing on Yahoo lately bro. Looks like I’m going to give up on that site for now except for Fridays due to the Yahoo Cup. Seems like you make one mistake on there, you lose too.

• fluffynuggets

Rough formula for anyone winning 10K+

Withdraw 90% of winnings; leaving 10% to enjoy a bankroll bump and continued DFS fun.
    Take half of what you withdraw and put it into a safe, FDIC insured investment (CD, mutual fund, etc.), that will maturate just before tax time. Riskier investments are unwise due to any possible loss.
    Take the remaining half of your withdraw and do as you see fit. Enjoy it.

Congratulations to all the winners!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).