• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -11 ) at Brooklyn ( 11 ) —- T: 227
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -7.5 ) at Miami ( 7.5 ) —- T: 220
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5.5 ) at Chicago ( -5.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 11 ) at San Antonio ( -11 ) —- T: 202
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 1.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -1.5 ) —- T: 228

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• bmalone

how do we feel about joe harris as a punt today?

• joemorris100

They just played on the 13th
    Might play
    Nogueira
    Carroll &
    Bogdanovic
    Based on results from that game

• erizos17

@Jaredmlevitt said...

Cory Joseph the sneaky play today? Should play the whole 4th quarter.

I dont think it will be a sneaky play at all. I knew i’ll play him since last night and im not good. Imagine that

• jhilton1981

@sammygoldz said...

know this is a little off topic but pertains to NBA, I’m thinking about subscribing to the monthly nba dk package for RG do you guys believe it’s worth it?

IDK but I wouldn’t because I think you can win just as easy with the free tools, you just have to get luckly and pick the right bumbs to go with your stars and if you think you have the right bumb make multiple lineups with them and just hope you have the right combo of stars. My problem is I pick all the good picks I just can’t ever get them all on the same lineup

• iron_tactics

SGs i’m looking at today are Zach Lavine and Lou Williams (if Jordan Clarkson sits)

• frugal

Wow, I should really trust my model a bit more. I really doubted Zaza and Olynyk could hit 2X and both did. Crabbe missed, but Meeks rounded up hit 2X and Nelson destroyed due to the Harris injury. Today’s Yahoo value picks:

Cory Joseph $10 – It’s always a good idea to target Brooklyn. We get a repeat matchup today where Brooklyn actually kept it close until the 4th. Joseph provided a whopping 34.8 YFP, season high for him. I don’t know if he can repeat, but he’s been averaging 18.69 YFP over the last 2 weeks with a decent STDDEV of 7.89. I have him projected at 22.22, but think he can top that.

DeMarre Carroll $14 – I was hesitant last time they played Brooklyn but ended up rostering him and it payed off. He’s got an incredible matchup here and despite his increasing salary has hit 2X his current salary in 3 of the last 5. Over the last 2 weeks he’s returning 25.31 YFP with a decent STDDEV of 8.57.

Jameer Nelson $10 – Nelson earns a pick again as a guy who can produce with an upside typically capped due to playing lower minutes. With Harris out and Nelson’s minutes trending up over the last 5, I think he’s in a great position to repeat last night’s 3X performance. Over the last 2 weeks he’s averaged 17.95 YFP with a STDDEV of 9.19. I have him projected at 25 minutes (average of last 3 games, though he could see closer to 30) and 24.5 YFP.

• joemorris100

@erizos17 said...

I dont think it will be a sneaky play at all. I knew i’ll play him since last night and im not good. Imagine that

Maybe had 34 FanDuel points against them on the 13th

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

Core of Harden Towns Butler Leonard Lowry and Whiteside tonight what do you think?

• Tammy409

@Pitch120 said...

Everyone’s going to have the same lineup again and half the value plays are going to suck.

I’ve been doing this daily for over a year and could honestly count on both hands and toes the number of non-unique Lineups I’ve ever had in any sport any slate of any size. I last night in a turbo had the same Lineup as another guy but I had no players that were less than 3% owned, so if I end up playing starters, super chalky stuff, I guess I’d have to expect as much.
    That’s my guess as it doesn’t seem like it was a $50K DK’s I make Lineups on the backs of napkins and play maybe 6 or so in each night’s mainslate and then a couple if it seems to make a sense in any Turbo’s or ‘Later’s”… No reason to have same lineups as anyone if you think for yourself and tune out the nonsense. It’s not something you have to try to do. I see all these comments about immense pride in the dreaded ‘Sneaky Pick’ at ’12%!!!! (that is super chalky, I’ve got news for folks,and I swear people get excited when they get Spencer Dinwiddie at that ownership level. Meanwhile I’ve got Harden at less than 10%. Don’t worry about ownership. Worry about putting money in your pocket.

POS NAME % DRAFT GAME SCORING FPTS

PG Jameer Nelson 1.7%
    SG Glenn Robinson III 1.6%
    SF Solomon Hill 1.5%
    PF Markieff Morris 15.1%
    C Terrence Jones 7.4%
    F Jabari Parker 14.4%
    G E’Twaun Moore 1.0%
    U Emmanuel Mudiay 3.4%

• MrPerfekt7

Anyone picking from Toronto/BK game or is that a game to stay away from?

• MrPerfekt7

@jhilton1981 said...

and D Williams

Definitely feeling D will and also Dirk

• MrPerfekt7

@Tammy409 said...

I’ve been doing this daily for over a year and could honestly count on both hands and toes the number of non-unique Lineups I’ve ever had in any sport any slate of any size. I last night in a turbo had the same Lineup as another guy but I had no players that were less than 3% owned, so if I end up playing starters, super chalky stuff, I guess I’d have to expect as much.
    That’s my guess as it doesn’t seem like it was a $50K DK’s I make Lineups on the backs of napkins and play maybe 6 or so in each night’s mainslate and then a couple if it seems to make a sense in any Turbo’s or ‘Later’s”… No reason to have same lineups as anyone if you think for yourself and tune out the nonsense. It’s not something you have to try to do. I see all these comments about immense pride in the dreaded ‘Sneaky Pick’ at ’12%!!!! (that is super chalky, I’ve got news for folks,and I swear people get excited when they get Spencer Dinwiddie at that ownership level. Meanwhile I’ve got Harden at less than 10%. Don’t worry about ownership. Worry about putting money in your pocket.

POS NAME % DRAFT GAME SCORING FPTS

PG Jameer Nelson 1.7%
    SG Glenn Robinson III 1.6%
    SF Solomon Hill 1.5%
    PF Markieff Morris 15.1%
    C Terrence Jones 7.4%
    F Jabari Parker 14.4%
    G E’Twaun Moore 1.0%
    U Emmanuel Mudiay 3.4%

So you are saying go with a Harden in your LU and go from there, basically cause he will get you your money and will be less owned cause if price?

• BUFUu2

@7klub06 said...

Anyone picking from Toronto/BK game or is that a game to stay away from?

i did a stack of that game with booker val lowry and carroll works for me higher pace game if bkn can keep it close there is some value there

• frugal

Harden will not be low owned tonight (on Yahoo anyway) to easy to fit him in with value.

• joeyhawk42

I have been on your forum for about a week and wanted to say thank you for all your input. Last night i cashed with 265 pts, and the night before 293. I have been playing 1$ single entry. I would like to move up but wanted your thoughts on How much?

Also i love Dirk and Rubio Tonight

• coachearnest

@jon2anderson said...

Core of Harden Towns Butler Leonard Lowry and Whiteside tonight what do you think?

I think you will probably be a rich man with that core.

• Tammy409

@7klub06 said...

So you are saying go with a Harden in your LU and go from there, basically cause he will get you your money and will be less owned cause if price?

No, I just always pay for guys like Harden and stuff and then just a bunch of min salary guys and I just get the sense that people think that every good player is highly owned and that is not at all true. Tweeterdom drives ownership. Podcasts drive ownership. Performance does not. If nobody is squaWKing about (Name Your All NBA Player Here), People don’t play them that much. I see guys I’ve never heard of sometimes at higher ownership (significantly higher ownership) than All-NBA players at the same position, so if the object is to make money, which one has to both score the most and not the same, than why would someone play TJ McConnell when he’s owned by 40% of the field and leave Steph Curry at 8.5% at $8300. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not any better at this stuff than anyone else. I just don’t listen to the noise out there, read the articles, look at the projections and usually that works out alright.

I hope that answered your question. My point was to play the best players. Not the guys most talked about. You will score more points and (my guess) be surprised at how lowly owned guys on every other commercial that airs during the games go each and every night..

• Tammy409

@7klub06 said...

But I am saying play the best player for the money without reading too much into the situational stuff as that gets ownership driven up and helps nobody. I play guys that others won’t but A) I play in the arcades, so it’s easy to be cavalier about the zeroes I eat and B) I don’t like to fade the Gods and Monsters, so if I have to play five guys at min. salary, so be it,…. I feel I’m better at finding low-end value than guessing whether or not Deron Williams is going to outscore Steph Curry on any given night.

• Dainfamousac

Looking to continue the turbo success I’ve had the last few months.

Makes the slates so much easier. Can’t fade Jokic no matter what slates you play, I’m fine with getting burned once in a while. I just don’t see how anyone can recommend a fade.

• MrPerfekt7

@Tammy409 said...

No, I just always pay for guys like Harden and stuff and then just a bunch of min salary guys and I just get the sense that people think that every good player is highly owned and that is not at all true. Tweeterdom drives ownership. Podcasts drive ownership. Performance does not. If nobody is squaWKing about (Name Your All NBA Player Here), People don’t play them that much. I see guys I’ve never heard of sometimes at higher ownership (significantly higher ownership) than All-NBA players at the same position, so if the object is to make money, which one has to both score the most and not the same, than why would someone play TJ McConnell when he’s owned by 40% of the field and leave Steph Curry at 8.5% at $8300. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not any better at this stuff than anyone else. I just don’t listen to the noise out there, read the articles, look at the projections and usually that works out alright.

I hope that answered your question. My point was to play the best players. Not the guys most talked about. You will score more points and (my guess) be surprised at how lowly owned guys on every other commercial that airs during the games go each and every night..

Makes a whole lot of damn sense.

• Tammy409

@bmalone said...

how do we feel about joe harris as a punt today?

I think Joe Harris might be the starter. No punt, though he is inexpensive. Double check that of course, but I believe he may start ahead of Hollis-Jefferson, LeVert, etc.

• MrPerfekt7

@Tammy409 said...

But I am saying play the best player for the money without reading too much into the situational stuff as that gets ownership driven up and helps nobody. I play guys that others won’t but A) I play in the arcades, so it’s easy to be cavalier about the zeroes I eat and B) I don’t like to fade the Gods and Monsters, so if I have to play five guys at min. salary, so be it,…. I feel I’m better at finding low-end value than guessing whether or not Deron Williams is going to outscore Steph Curry on any given night.

Arcade games? is there a big profit there?

• IronMonkey415

Any bumb i should look for tonight?

• demato320

@monarch said...

Fading Jokic at that price as he played heavy minutes last night. I do like Barton and Chandler with Harris out, they played in the 20’s last night and should see better 1v1 matchups than Gallo (Luol Deng) from what I can tell. Disclaimer: I rarely watch the Nuggets so I could be wrong.

I watch a lot of the Nuggetts….You are spot on with your post. The last time Jokic played plus 30+ minutes on the front end of a back to back was on 12/19 38 minutes win vs Dal, on 12/20 20 minutes in a blow out loss to Clippers ( 3 quick Fouls). So, is JOKIC a FADE for CASH GAMES?????
    I can see fading him in tournaments because I feel he will be high owned due to his recent production. Im 50/50 on fading him in cash. He can produce so many FD points with few minutes played. The matchup is so JUICY. I just dont know if he can score 38 to 40 FD points in 20 to 25 minutes. Barton for GPP is good play, and I feel Chandler is great for all formats.

• demato320

@joemorris100 said...

They just played on the 13th
    Might play
    Nogueira
    Carroll &
    Bogdanovic
    Based on results from that game

Norguera good GPP
    Carroll good GPP and Cash
    Bogdanovic GPP

Good calls on a short slate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).