• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : New York ( 6.5 ) at Washington ( -6.5 ) —- T: 228
    7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3 ) at Charlotte ( -3 ) —- T: 229
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3 ) at Indiana ( -3 ) —- T: 224.5
    7:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 12.5 ) at Denver ( -12.5 ) —- T: 213
    9:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 10.5 ) at Okla City ( -10.5 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• TrustinthePlan

Hard not to like Oladipo and Embiid in this slate. 2 late hammers could be over after 3 quarters, so you could pair Oladipo/Embiid with some garbage time people from the 2 late games.

• Sportsfan100

@TrustinthePlan said...

Hard not to like Oladipo and Embiid in this slate. 2 late hammers could be over after 3 quarters, so you could pair Oladipo/Embiid with some garbage time people from the 2 late games.

I agree and actually have both in most of my dummy lineups (before research). It’s always tempting to look at RWB and PG13, but that spread gives me second thoughts….

• Kmasonbx

Got some things right last night (Gobert, Mirotic, Lou Williams) but got more wrong (not enough Harden, too much Ingles, Temple, Harrell). On to tonight.

Portis is a lock, sure they can get killed and Jokic can get him in foul trouble but at 4600 (DK) and at minimum a 25 minute projection I just don’t see many avenues for him failing. Assuming Kawhi sits like he did in their most recent B2B, which would make Lowry a lock against the Suns at 7400. Everyone in that Philly/Indy game is cheap with the exception of Simmons but the way he’s been playing you can make the argument that he’s underpriced as well. All the Lakers are too cheap. Should be a fun slate.

• underdawgs

We need to know if Kawhi is sitting tonight, I know he’s been cleared for B2B but he hasn’t played one yet. Lots of strong plays on both sides if Kawhi sits.
    Jokic could score 2,000 FPTS tonight but it’s so hard to see him getting full run. Chicago’s front court is Markannen, Portis and Jabari. I guess RoLo has to get minutes tonight to bang with Jokic and he’s not a bad defender. Maybe he gets 20+ minutes even though Chicago hates him.
    Kemba vs. D Fox should be fun, I like how that game looks.
    Time to research, good luck everyone. Tomorrow morning is the morning one of us posts that we won $100k. Let’s do this.

• srcripps

• x5

Blogger of the Month

OG Anunoby sat out last night. Do you think he plays if Kawhi sits?

• JSteele

I’m hesitant on Embiid because last time he put up a good game there was no Butler and I feel like Indiana will have game planned to slow him down. I think he’s still in play but I would rather Jokic tonight if paying up.

I like WCS at C as well tonight.

I assume Kawhi sits tonight which will make Lowry a near lock and open up value with Powell and maybe FVV if he gets a start at the 2

Kemba at home and he seems to be getting back on track lately his price has dropped a bit and on a shorter slate he seems like a solid play tonight.

• monarch

Another great night last night. Several 350+ DK but my best LUs did not have Harden like Panda was suggesting.

For tonight…I’ve been targeting active big men vs Toronto. Horford went nearly 7x yesterday now Ibaka is on a B2B with travel…Ayton at 6600 could do some nice things.

• Kmasonbx

@srcripps said...

OG Anunoby sat out last night. Do you think he plays if Kawhi sits?

He was out on a personal matter, could be a death in the family could be a new baby, could be something else. Either way I doubt he cares if Kawhi plays or not if he’s dealing with serious personal stuff. He could play tonight but Kawhi’s status won’t have any impact on his status.

• 2021Labs

What’s up guys…I’m not sure if anyone has posted this yet, I dont read every forum page so I’m sure someone has noticed, but the $1 20 entry max GPP on DK has a lower cash line most nights than the any of the double ups, and the min cash is 2x. I haven’t tallied everything but I’ve been looking through ResultsDB at cash lines for different contests and that stuck out. probably 75% of the slates in the last 2 weeks have been this way.
    In short, the first 20 bucks you have allotted for cash games should be going to that contest instead of DUs.

• aus1032

nothing like some checks notes 3pm Thursday afternoon basketball

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Another great night last night. Several 350+ DK but my best LUs did not have Harden like Panda was suggesting.

For tonight…I’ve been targeting active big men vs Toronto. Horford went nearly 7x yesterday now Ibaka is on a B2B with travel…Ayton at 6600 could do some nice things.

I normally don’t point out when I was right about things, but I will say this since it was such a hot topic. If Harden got 72 last night he would have not won anyone 100K last night on DK like I said. The top 3 line ups would have been without Harden and plenty more would have occupied the top 20. Even with his 88.5 total he was not in the optimal line up for last night either.

I had $660 out and $895 back with 10.91% Harden and honestly what killed me last night wasn’t being well below the field on Harden it was being way above the field on DDR.

Anway…onto tonight. Looking like I’m going to want as much of Charlotte and Sacramento as possible. Get in on the cheap pieces there. I’ve had Dipo exposure each of the past 4 games waiting for him to pop a big score so I’ll be going back to the well. Not sure what to think of OKC/LAL yet. Thinking that game might be going well under the total.

• Smallchimp

@dustyschmidt22 said...

What’s up guys…I’m not sure if anyone has posted this yet, I dont read every forum page so I’m sure someone has noticed, but the $1 20 entry max GPP on DK has a lower cash line most nights than the any of the double ups, and the min cash is 2x. I haven’t tallied everything but I’ve been looking through ResultsDB at cash lines for different contests and that stuck out. probably 75% of the slates in the last 2 weeks have been this way.
    In short, the first 20 bucks you have allotted for cash games should be going to that contest instead of DUs.

Yeah, NBA cash contests are essentially shark tanks and lineup buyers because it’s such an analytic-friendly sport and there’s a built-in edge that people are willing to share with buyers. It’s the same reason you have 100 daily NBA DFS streamers—the plays make sense 90% of the time. It’s not like NFL where spots make sense but there’s way fewer plays and much more variance.

It sucks, it’d be nice to be able to bankroll with smaller cash contests haha

• Kmasonbx

@Pandamonious said...

I normally don’t point out when I was right about things, but I will say this since it was such a hot topic. If Harden got 72 last night he would have not won anyone 100K last night on DK like I said. The top 3 line ups would have been without Harden and plenty more would have occupied the top 20. Even with his 88.5 total he was not in the optimal line up for last night either.

I had $660 out and $895 back with 10.91% Harden and honestly what killed me last night wasn’t being well below the field on Harden it was being way above the field on DDR.

Anway…onto tonight. Looking like I’m going to want as much of Charlotte and Sacramento as possible. Get in on the cheap pieces there. I’ve had Dipo exposure each of the past 4 games waiting for him to pop a big score so I’ll be going back to the well. Not sure what to think of OKC/LAL yet. Thinking that game might be going well under the total.

If it wasn’t for OT non Harden lineups likely would have won everything, I think he got 11 points in OT. I was so upset following the play-by-play on my phone and seeing Diwnwiddie sent it to OT.

• feekdogg

Lock Portis. No idea where to go elsewhere.
    That said, I’m colder than ice right now, so Portis will likely get DNP’d.

• noddy

So Carter our makes Portia an amazing play?

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

I normally don’t point out when I was right about things, but I will say this since it was such a hot topic. If Harden got 72 last night he would have not won anyone 100K last night on DK like I said

Come on man…Harden had I think like 76 to 77 in regulation. It wasn’t a good move to fade him. Also, not everyone here is trying to win the 100k. I’d guess a good portion if not the majority of us don’t even play in that top heavy contest. I personally won’t play in GPP where min cash isn’t 2x, unless there’s an extreme overlay situation.

I do know that everyone here is trying to profit. And if you wanted to profit, your best move was to play Harden. He was 80% owned in the Thunderdome, where the sharpest players in the world risk over 5k on a single lineup. That’s all one needs to know regarding whether Harden was a good play on DK.

Also, my 2 highest scoring lineups had Harden, even if the game didn’t go into OT, those 2 lineups would have still been my 2 highest scoring.

• mbunner23

@dustyschmidt22 said...

Agreed, I’ve been cashing in that contest easily every night. 104th last night with 4 entries. Hope I didn’t jinx myself.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Come on man…Harden had I think like 76 to 77 in regulation. It wasn’t a good move to fade him. Also, not everyone here is trying to win the 100k. I’d guess a good portion if not the majority of us don’t even play in that top heavy contest. I personally won’t play in GPP where min cash isn’t 2x, unless there’s an extreme overlay situation.

I do know that everyone here is trying to profit. And if you wanted to profit, your best move was to play Harden. He was 80% owned in the Thunderdome, where the sharpest players in the world risk over 5k on a single lineup. That’s all one needs to know regarding whether Harden was a good play on DK.

Also, my 2 highest scoring lineups had Harden, even if the game didn’t go into OT, those 2 lineups would have still been my 2 highest scoring.

Don’t do this to me! The point was I said if I knew Harden would get 72 and only 72 I’d fade him. You know that. So what he had before and after and overall means nothing to my point. My goal is to also profit and I did with little help from Harden, so that’s moot.

Thunderdome is an absolutely horrible example. That’s a cash contest basically. They play ultra safe line ups, because of the money at stake on the 1 line up. Of course in that situation you’re going to play Harden. Apples and oranges there.

EDIT: I looked at the Thunderdome contest from last night. 4 people in the Thunderdome, out of 20, didn’t play Harden. 2 of those 4 were among the 5 who cashed in it. That’s telling to me, and again if Harden gets 72, someone without Harden wins the Thunderdome supporting my point further.

• BUFUu2

@aus1032 said...

nothing like some checks notes 3pm Thursday afternoon basketball

ikr seems like a long time ago for day games i love them….. get to watch something at work with all this bad weather we are going to get. bet beal will be 90 percent in caption mode

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Don’t do this to me! The point was I said if I knew Harden would get 72 and only 72 I’d fade him. You know that. So what he had before and after and overall means nothing to my point. My goal is to also profit and I did with little help from Harden, so that’s moot.

Thunderdome is an absolutely horrible example. That’s a cash contest basically. They play ultra safe line ups, because of the money at stake on the 1 line up. Of course in that situation you’re going to play Harden. Apples and oranges there.

Haha…72 was right on the border. If he only got 72, I would have still cashed 3 of 8 Harden lineups (maybe more due to his ownership), and thought playing him at 50% would have been the way to go.

Last night was interesting, as you could have done well playing or fading him. I had him in 8 of 12. And had some non Harden lineups do well. I was just using the Thunderdome as an example to point out that sharp players thought he was a good play. While it is like a cash contest, many participants still put up big scores, that would have made decent money in other types of GPP’s.

Onto today….great little slate we got here.

Everyone is going to be on portis, as they should be, yet Lavine, Dunn, and Markannen are pretty cheap. Can’t go overboard on a 12 point road dog though.

DK is begging us to fire up Dipo. And as mentioned, Sac/Charlotte should yield some nice returns.

• monarch

Njsum- The sharpest players go chalk. That’s my experience at higher buy ins they protect themselves hence Harden was so popular.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Njsum- The sharpest players go chalk. That’s my experience at higher buy ins they protect themselves hence Harden was so popular.

I know that. Just as you posted that your highest scoring lineups didn’t have Harden. For me it was the opposite. My 2 highest scoring had him. My point was that he wasn’t a fade. You didn’t need to go all in, I had him in 2/3, cause I play a little chalky, yet anywhere from 30% up IMO was the right move.

• BUFUu2

feel kinda dumb but i am playing portis,parker, and Hutch all in the same lineup

• Kmasonbx

@monarch said...

The sharpest players play the best plays especially in small field contests, which will often times be the chalk. I think us lower level players overthink things and try to gain too much leverage. I’ve been trying to just not consider ownership and just play the guys that grade out well, whether they’re popular or not.

• mbunner23

@Njsum1 said...

I know that. Just as you posted that your highest scoring lineups didn’t have Harden. For me it was the opposite. My 2 highest scoring had him. My point was that he wasn’t a fade. You didn’t need to go all in, I had him in 2/3, cause I play a little chalky, yet anywhere from 30% up IMO was the right move.

I played him and turned $15 into $92 for whatever it’s worth.

For today I like SAC/CHA a lot. Love some WCS, Lamb, Hield?

Portis, PG13, Oladipo, Fox, Ball, Lowry, Ibaka, Ayton, Adams are some other guys I like.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).