• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : New York ( 6.5 ) at Washington ( -6.5 ) —- T: 228
    7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3 ) at Charlotte ( -3 ) —- T: 229
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3 ) at Indiana ( -3 ) —- T: 224.5
    7:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 12.5 ) at Denver ( -12.5 ) —- T: 213
    9:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 10.5 ) at Okla City ( -10.5 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Smallchimp

@Kmasonbx said...

The sharpest players play the best plays especially in small field contests, which will often times be the chalk. I think us lower level players overthink things and try to gain too much leverage. I’ve been trying to just not consider ownership and just play the guys that grade out well, whether they’re popular or not.

Game theory matters to a point, but you’re totally right. At a certain point, 70+ guaranteed points from your stud is pretty solid. It makes it so you don’t whiff on an important play. Realistically, doesn’t the combination of players you have matter more so than the individual plays? Not to mention at this point, I feel like good plays are usually kinda chalky to begin with due to information overload and one decent pivot will be the GPP winner, not an entire remodel pivot team

• Smallchimp

@mbunner23 said...

I played him and turned $15 into $92 for whatever it’s worth.

For today I like SAC/CHA a lot. Love some WCS, Lamb, Hield?

Portis, PG13, Oladipo, Fox, Ball, Lowry, Ibaka, Ayton, Adams are some other guys I like.

Same, now to see who the duds are going to be

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

I played him and turned $15 into $92 for whatever it’s worth

Nice! It’s worth 92 dollars…haha 😁

• Njsum1

@jriesel315 said...

Game theory matters to a point, but you’re totally right. At a certain point, 70+ guaranteed points from your stud is pretty solid. It makes it so you don’t whiff on an important play. Realistically, doesn’t the combination of players you have matter more so than the individual plays? Not to mention at this point, I feel like good plays are usually kinda chalky to begin with due to information overload and one decent pivot will be the GPP winner, not an entire remodel pivot team

I think game theory matters least in NBA. However, if you think a chalk play is being overrated, fading it because you think it will bust is not game theory. That’s sharp thinking.

Fading it because of ownership and the small chance it busts, is game theory.

• Benf15harp

@Pandamonious said...

I normally don’t point out when I was right about things, but I will say this since it was such a hot topic. If Harden got 72 last night he would have not won anyone 100K last night on DK like I said. The top 3 line ups would have been without Harden and plenty more would have occupied the top 20. Even with his 88.5 total he was not in the optimal line up for last night either.

I had $660 out and $895 back with 10.91% Harden and honestly what killed me last night wasn’t being well below the field on Harden it was being way above the field on DDR.

Anway…onto tonight. Looking like I’m going to want as much of Charlotte and Sacramento as possible. Get in on the cheap pieces there. I’ve had Dipo exposure each of the past 4 games waiting for him to pop a big score so I’ll be going back to the well. Not sure what to think of OKC/LAL yet. Thinking that game might be going well under the total.

The first paragraph is pure garbage
    Letting your night hinge on demar defrozen and then fronting like be underweight on the beard was optimal.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Benf15harp said...

The first paragraph is pure garbage
    Letting your night hinge on demar defrozen and then fronting like be underweight on the beard was optimal.

What about it is garbage?

• Jeezylives

I really don’t like this slate, I don’t trust anybody. Hoping Beal, Embiid lay eggs, late game blowouts. I’m stacking Sac – Charlotte game and hoping Walker and Fox go bonkers stuffing the stat sheet.

• chrisbanas

What’s w the love for Portis. Can anyone explain ?

• aus1032

well here comes raptors value

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

Love some WCS, Lamb, Hield?

As long as WCS gets minutes he’s a great play. I don’t mind Batum either. Seems like he’s alternating good games, haha, not like that means anything, yet he did do well last time versus Sac.

I don’t like what’s going on in Sacremento, no one is getting big minutes lately. However, WCS only needs 30ish in this matchup. So I don’t know who else I’d play from Sac. Maybe Buddy as he’s cheap, and if he gets hot, he could pay off in 30 minutes. Reason I like WCS, other than Charlotte can’t stop any Center with Biyombo and hernangomez, is cause Centers get peripherals quicker than wing players, so as long as WCS sees 30 min, even if he’s off, he’s least likely to have a bad game, while still having upside.

• monarch

So FVV, Wright, Ibaka and run it back with Ayton and perhaps Booker.

• monarch

@chrisbanas said...

I’m off Portis with value already opening up

• mbunner23

@Njsum1 said...

As long as WCS gets minutes he’s a great play. I don’t mind Batum either. Seems like he’s alternating good games, haha, not like that means anything, yet he did do well last time versus Sac.

I don’t like what’s going on in Sacremento, no one is getting big minutes lately. However, WCS only needs 30ish in this matchup. So I don’t know who else I’d play from Sac. Maybe Buddy as he’s cheap, and if he gets hot, he could pay off in 30 minutes. Reason I like WCS, other than Charlotte can’t stop any Center with Biyombo and hernangomez, is cause Centers get peripherals quicker than wing players, so as long as WCS sees 30 min, even if he’s off, he’s least likely to have a bad game, while still having upside.

WCS is definitely my fav play from the SAC side.

• bods72

RG Overall Ranking

I’m interested in Parker, Lamb, and Bagley. Not sure what to do on the high side tonight. Jokic or Embiid?

• captainwacky

The love for portis is that he shoots the ball every time he touches it, tries to grab every rebound, and gets a decent amount of steals/blocks. He’s certainly not good at real basketball, but he can accumulate fantasy points quickly when given the chance. He also is really volatile, so I don’t know if he’s a stone cold lock, but he’s a really strong play today given that most people with his ceiling don’t cost $4800.

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

I normally don’t point out when I was right about things, but I will say this since it was such a hot topic. If Harden got 72 last night he would have not won anyone 100K last night on DK like I said. The top 3 line ups would have been without Harden and plenty more would have occupied the top 20. Even with his 88.5 total he was not in the optimal line up for last night either.

I had $660 out and $895 back with 10.91% Harden and honestly what killed me last night wasn’t being well below the field on Harden it was being way above the field on DDR.

Anway…onto tonight. Looking like I’m going to want as much of Charlotte and Sacramento as possible. Get in on the cheap pieces there. I’ve had Dipo exposure each of the past 4 games waiting for him to pop a big score so I’ll be going back to the well. Not sure what to think of OKC/LAL yet. Thinking that game might be going well under the total.

Man just admit when you were wrong. Harden scored the most points on the slate and there were multiple budget plays who paid off like Sterling Brown, Terrence Ross, and Kevon Looney. Those 4 players with Allen were likely way up in the standings. I unfortunately didn’t have them all together but still cashed all DK lineups and 1/2 Yahoo lineups. I was certainly wrong about Irving not being a great play, DDR I wanted no part of and that was the right move. And IMHO, optimal lineup doesn’t mean anything as more often than not that is unobtainable. IMHO, putting oneself in the best position to win is what it’s all about and there is zero question Harden was the best path forward there.

On to tonight, agree 100% on CHA/SAC. I’m going to continue to fade Dipo, earlier in the season McMillian made a public point that he wanted a more balanced offensive attack, that Dipo shouldn’t be such a lopsided offensive focal point. Since then it’s seemed the better targets have been looking at the right matchup for their starting C, Young, or Bojan. Tonight, I think I like Young the most. All the TOR value tonight.

• TeamTarek

wow i scored 360 yesterday on dk in the main event and not even top 100 :(

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

On to tonight, agree 100% on CHA/SAC. I’m going to continue to fade Dipo, earlier in the season McMillian made a public point that he wanted a more balanced offensive attack, that Dipo shouldn’t be such a lopsided offensive focal point. Since then it’s seemed the better targets have been looking at the right matchup for their starting C, Young, or Bojan. Tonight, I think I like Young the most. All the TOR value tonight

Don’t know if you want to fade Dipo tonight. He’s 7600 on DK and $29 on yahoo. Indiana wants a balanced attack when they can get it. Close games is where Dipo, does Dipo things. Tonight should be that. You don’t have to go all in, yet if he starts to go off, you’re going to want a piece.

• lovpink

Mega rap’s chalk day gotta platy e’m all and run it back with suns value and stud one off’s

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

The love for portis is that he shoots the ball every time he touches it, tries to grab every rebound, and gets a decent amount of steals/blocks. He’s certainly not good at real basketball, but he can accumulate fantasy points quickly when given the chance. He also is really volatile, so I don’t know if he’s a stone cold lock, but he’s a really strong play today given that most people with his ceiling don’t cost $4800.

Gotta like him, and talking about players not good at real basketball..Jabari Parker is 3600. He’ll see the same minutes as portis, maybe more if the joker puts Portis in foul trouble.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

Man just admit when you were wrong.

I said, if I knew Harden was going to score 72 points I would fade him, because I didn’t think you could win a GPP on DK with Harden only getting 72. I was right about that. If Harden scored 72 you would not have won a large field GPP on DK with him. That was the point. Saying I’m wrong about that is ridiculous.

• monarch

I’m with Panda…I put 13 into the DK Special last night. Was going to go 100 percent Harden but I listened to his angle so I went 10 Harden, 2 non harden and 1 AD. The 12 without AD all cashed and the two without Harden were my highest cashed.

I think Harden was in the winning LUs solely on the fact that all of those stacked him with Tucker and Allen which I had zero shares of. And OT didn’t hurt their cause.

• JSteele

@chrisbanas said...

You know Wendell Carter Jr is out for awhile right?

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

Don’t know if you want to fade Dipo tonight. He’s 7600 on DK and $29 on yahoo. Indiana wants a balanced attack when they can get it. Close games is where Dipo, does Dipo things. Tonight should be that. You don’t have to go all in, yet if he starts to go off, you’re going to want a piece.

With TOR value, it’s going to push my construction away from Dipo. He’s only had 4 really great games since Dec 1st and the last mathcup he only scored 36.7 (and Young exploded) and the game was far under the projected total tonight. Dipo is pretty much an autofade for me this year.

• Kmasonbx

@Smallchimp said...

Realistically, doesn’t the combination of players you have matter more so than the individual plays?

This is important to think about. If every player you own is 20% owned, thus fairly popular the combination of those players would be owned in 0.0003% of lineups. This is the reason we don’t get the amount of ties as you’d expect with such large fields, when you have 8 roster spots the number of lineup combinations is insane.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).