NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 6 ) at Boston ( -6 ) —- T: 211.5
    7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 11 ) at Cleveland ( -11 ) —- T: 226
    9:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 3.5 ) at Portland ( -3.5 ) —- T: 213.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Another really interesting 4 game slate. Lots of different ways to construct lineups tonight, which makes it a fun tourney night imo.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

Well, the most important bit of the thread today is going to be:

Do we play Harden with a 25 minute restriction especially given Green & Ariza suspension?

Not I.

2nd: Is LeBron a must play? Is CP3?

Not for me.

Let the debate begin.

• superjon

@elving188 said...

Do we play Harden with a 25 minute restriction especially given Green & Ariza suspension?

Not I.

Not for me.

Let the debate begin.

Tough to fade Lebron after what he did against Orlando recently.

I might do one with him and Butler and him and Dipo.

All in on Nurk!

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

Kyrie & Smart both questionable. I think if either sit you gotta play Rozier at 4k (FD). Lock if both happen to be out and could also look at Larkin, to a lesser extent, for me. And also Brown should get a nice bump.

• superjon

Initial cores

75% – Lebron, Simmons, Wiggins, Nurk
    25% – Butler, Simmons, Dipo, Nurk

• bacon6966

Am I missing something with Nurk? Same spot last time these two teams played and he barely hit 3x value at his current price.

• jwq14

@bacon6966 said...

Am I missing something with Nurk? Same spot last time these two teams played and he barely hit 3x value at his current price.

Diff game, diff day. If you haven’t noticed, very rarely do players produce the exact same value against the same team they already played.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@bacon6966 said...

You are not missing anything. If they play Nurk like they did last season, he should crush. If he gets 20-23 minutes like he has in 4 of the last 5, he will underperform value. Not sure what the coach is going for with Nurk this year.

• Smallchimp

@elving188 said...

Not I.

Not for me.

Let the debate begin.

It’s about as foolish to discount the possibility of Harden to do Harden things as it was for Pittsburgh to discount the Jaguars, but its definitely a tough sell. Harden would need 2 ppm at 26 minutes to get value (52 is still on the low end of what I’d want out of a player like him) which he has done 3 times (with a fourth at 1.99, so close enough), but I don’t know if I’m seeing it. It’d have to be a game of bearded domination to really see that kind of show.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JDcdIz503XlbMBjeoUNE6EzZ7hRCuzTnyTF58Ih5p6Y/edit?usp=sharing

• CeeRob

Love has played so bad that this is the type of game he breaks out of his slump. Also feeling bah’moute as value for the rockets with their two forwards out. Some ppl may flock to Tucker, but hes on my DNP list.

• keephustlincuz

It’s hard to even start to make a team without the rockets lineup. Think we get info before lock?

• DC2380

Why is EMbiidd so cheap on DK. Dude drop down to 9400. Is that a trap?

• CJtheGrump

I’m not feeling the higher priced options, but I’ll probably try to find a way to work a couple in.

Cleveland has been bad lately, losing 8 of 10, so maybe an F-U game is on the horizon. Probably want to be in on a game stack when it does. Orlando has lost 8 of 10 as well.

FWIW, Cleveland/Orlando total points from this season: 207 and 258.

Khem Birch had a nice double-double the other day, but there was no Speights and Afflalo and Bjelica were ejected. Still – did he earn more playing time with that effort?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@DC2380 said...

Seems like guys often get discounted vs Boston due to their team defense and generally good D vs bigs, though NO threw that out the window. If Embiid is that cheap, I might have some.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@DC2380 said...

Matchup with BOS.

But we won’t know if he’s a trap until the game has ended! So let’s see. I’ll have him in at least 1.

• Dmo_Htx

All the Butler and Capela and will go from there.

• Bnett2210

I think CP3 is in a good spot, and IT against ORL is a good spot especially if he’s getting 30+ minutes again.

• Smallchimp

@elving188 said...

Matchup with BOS.

But we won’t know if he’s a trap until the game has ended! So let’s see. I’ll have him in at least 1.

To be fair, with Embiid, you usually know its a trap a couple minutes after lock

• miggs6876

@CJtheGrump said...

I’m not feeling the higher priced options, but I’ll probably try to find a way to work a couple in.

Cleveland has been bad lately, losing 8 of 10, so maybe an F-U game is on the horizon. Probably want to be in on a game stack when it does. Orlando has lost 8 of 10 as well.

FWIW, Cleveland/Orlando total points from this season: 207 and 258.

Khem Birch had a nice double-double the other day, but there was no Speights and Afflalo and Bjelica were ejected. Still – did he earn more playing time with that effort?

Small slate. You need raw points. You have to play at least two studs maybe 3.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@miggs6876 said...

You need the most fantasy points also. lol

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@miggs6876 said...

This is how I usually approach things , too. I imagine LeBron will make a lot of lus for me without even opening any aps for pricing yet. 4 game losing streak and they need to win tonight

• miggs6876

@elving188 said...

Matchup with BOS.

Boston doesn’t have anyone to stop him. Embid should eat well tonight. TJ and him in a stack with Butler is my thinking. Not sure about LeBron. Also, if Orlando keeps its close they will need Gorden, Biz , and Fournier to play well. Maybe its an Elf night. If game stays close. You can definitely stack the game. Cavs not playing well but Orlando sucks.

• MrPerfekt7

@DC2380 said...

Shouldn’t be, he has had a day of rest and isn’t on no back to back

• miggs6876

@elving188 said...

You need the most fantasy points also. lol

Elving, I like your input. What are your initial thoughts?

• davehanna011

Still can’t believe I played Anthony Davis yesterday lol, dude looked like he could barley stay awake on the court after all those minutes xD

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).