• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 10.5 ) at Boston ( -10.5 ) —- T: 206
    7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 2 ) at Detroit ( -2 ) —- T: 207.5
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1 ) at Orlando ( 1 ) —- T: 217
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 1 ) at Minnesota ( -1 ) —- T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 15 ) at Utah ( -15 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -6 ) at LA Clippers ( 6 ) —- T: 241.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3 ) at Portland ( -3 ) —- T: 233.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mrjredoak

@JSteele said...

Does anyone have any PF’s they like tonight? I kind of think Davis might be the only one in play, unless I go Cousins…

A. Gordon seems to be in a decent spot

• mateoladino11

I like DLo Rusell today. Low owned because of last game and I feel like he is going to have one of those 25 point games with 10 assists

• Smallchimp

@JSteele said...

Does anyone have any PF’s they like tonight? I kind of think Davis might be the only one in play, unless I go Cousins…

Crowder and Favors are in positive DvP match-ups, as well as Jimmy Johnson, Blake Griffin, Gallinari, and Draymond. That’s without looking past match-up yet. Damn, there’s gotta be better plays

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Calicapo said...

They’re giving McCollum and Rose away on DK.

Might have to go

Giving McCollum away? He’s $6,300 and was $5,900 less than a month ago, when he scored 25 fantasy points. He’s averaging just over 29 fantasy points in his last five, and now plays against the Pelicans who don’t give up a whole lot to opposing shooting guards (McCollum himself got 16.5 in over 29 minutes the last time these teams met). I’d say he’s too expensive.

• eatmyturf23

@chrisbanas said...

I like Draymond but feel his stats will suffer. Tobias might do well

Tobias has a high floor, with some ceiling. I think the last game in this matchup that Danilo didn’t play, iirc, in case anyone is looking back.

• JSteele

I kind of like AG, it allows me to pay up at PF for Davis and instead of trying to fit Vuc in. Although I could pay down at the guard spots and go Davis/Vuc

• hobbes2d

@mrjredoak said...

A. Gordon seems to be in a decent spot

He is. He’s muuuuuuuuuch better shooting at home. 43% from 3 at home to 25% on the road. 57% TS% at home to 48% on road. He’s so much worse on the road like it’s not even funny. Also if memory serves he has smashed the Nets more than a few times gone for over 50 against them in the past.

• gaelicgirl

@Kmasonbx said...

I think the guy most impacted by this will be Draymond who will lose some rebounds and some usage as a secondary play maker.

Secondary play maker?

Also, Boogie will not see 25 minutes tonight.

• mateoladino11

Why do you say that Boogie wont play 25 mins?

• Jonas137

@mbunner23 said...

You guys go ahead and play Cousins. You see Gordon Hayward this year? He’s no where near the same player. Your body can be completely healed from injury but your mind won’t let you do the things you once were able to do for a while, especially after an injury of that caliber. It’s going to take Boogie months to get right. There’s psychological stuff you have to get through after an injury of this magnitude. It’s almost funny some of you think he’s going to be the same player right out of the gate. On top of that, he’s sharing the ball with 4 other all stars. If Boogie was prime Boogie getting 25 min at that price, I’d be all in! However, he’s not Boogie from two years ago.

Just going off Hayward isn’t gospel though. I completely agree with you. Wes Matthews was not the same guy after, but he also went to a different team, which I believe also had to do with it. Rudy Gay didn’t take long though, he just came back to a different role than a primary scorer. So my point is every situation is different. Boogie is coming back to a dominant team with tons of options. This team, however, completely plays for each other and I believe they will give him plenty of opportunities tonight, knowing the importance of getting your groove back. If he was like $8k, that is a HUGE risk. But for $5.5k on DK and $20 on Yahoo, why not have some in a GPP, as that is the exact play a GPP is meant for?

• mbunner23

@Smallchimp said...

Crowder and Favors are in positive DvP match-ups, as well as Jimmy Johnson, Blake Griffin, Gallinari, and Draymond. That’s without looking past match-up yet. Damn, there’s gotta be better plays

• eatmyturf23

@mateoladino11 said...

Why do you say that Boogie wont play 25 mins?

It’s unlikely. 10 is too low, he would have just done that weeks ago. 16-24 is a reasonable (but wide) range projection. 24 is the highest end (or 25 whatever, but it’s really unlikely). Agree with GG. Plus she’s our GSW expert. :)

• Irisheric777

Actually your dead wrong. Not when Zitic is on the board who is cheaper and will get 30 mins. Kerr has already said Cousins will get 4 or 5 minute stretches. And prob 3 or 4 of them. Thats 16-20 mins. First game back. Good luck though

• vick325

@Jonas137 said...

Just going off Hayward isn’t gospel though. I completely agree with you. Wes Matthews was not the same guy after, but he also went to a different team, which I believe also had to do with it. Rudy Gay didn’t take long though, he just came back to a different role than a primary scorer. So my point is every situation is different. Boogie is coming back to a dominant team with tons of options. This team, however, completely plays for each other and I believe they will give him plenty of opportunities tonight, knowing the importance of getting your groove back. If he was like $8k, that is a HUGE risk. But for $5.5k on DK and $20 on Yahoo, why not have some in a GPP, as that is the exact play a GPP is meant for?

Paul George had a pretty devastating injury as well and bounced back. All players and people for that matter are not create equal. I am not advocating for Boogie as a play tonight per say, but like Jonas said… at a reduced price in GPP why not?

• frugal

All this Aaron Gordon talk…

• Njsum1

@RandysCrow said...

AD is pissed about all this Boogie talk.

Don’t make AD angry…you wouldn’t like him when he’s angry…

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@eatmyturf23 said...

Agree with GG. Plus she’s our GSW expert. :)

Suck up much! Hahaha (anxiously awaiting your response!)

• tmarohl

@ASitar said...

I hate to use 2 spots in a LU for Cavs players but Hood and Zizic have a good chance of combining for 9x on DK.

Not only Hood and Zizic, but you have revenge narratives in that game galore. Burks, Hood, Crowder, Korver. I might have to put together an all revenge narrative team tonight.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

Not only Hood and Zizic, but you have revenge narratives in that game galore. Burks, Hood, Crowder, Korver. I might have to put together an all revenge narrative team tonight.

I imagine Korver and Crowder are much happier where they are now.

• NIN1002

Everyone tends to put on the rose tinted glasses with injuries. Whether it’s a minor or major injury, the vast majority just assume everything will be like it wise before injury. There is no discount or thought of hindered abilities or play. To me, Cousins isn’t even worth discussing as he is completely off the radar. There is nothing but question marks and to sit around and project a ceiling game at that from him is ridiculous. Just nuts. All anyone is talking about here is playing Cousins and therefore his ceiling. You’re playing the name DMC and nothing else.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

I imagine Korver and Crowder are much happier where they are now.

The Jazz with two former Cavs in their main rotation….why stop there, who else can they get?!

And we wonder why they seem to brain fart on defense occasionally!

• Jonas137

Nurkic has been a completely different and dominant force this year. That being said, against AD, he has been a mixed bag though. Last two on the road he went for 21/10 (good) and 19/5 (not great). Last home game, AD broke into shattered glass 5 minutes in and he still only went for 12/7 (yuck). Love my Blazers, but $8,200 with so many good centers plays, I will just be light on him tonight and GPP only

• Smallchimp

Don’t think I’ve seen anything about it, but what about Donovan Mitchell? The game two weeks ago featured Rubio and Exum and pushed Mitchell into a fantasy irrelevant performance, but he’s been getting monster usage in the current team comp and it’s a juicy match-up. Is it beat out by other plays tonight? Thoughts?

• frugal

@RandysCrow said...

The Jazz with two former Cavs in their main rotation….why stop there, who else can they get?!

And we wonder why they seem to brain fart on defense occasionally!

Crowder was a good defender when he played for Dallas. UTA DvP is perplexing, especially giving up so much to opponent C’s

• JSteele

@Smallchimp said...

Don’t think I’ve seen anything about it, but what about Donovan Mitchell? The game two weeks ago featured Rubio and Exum and pushed Mitchell into a fantasy irrelevant performance, but he’s been getting monster usage in the current team comp and it’s a juicy match-up. Is it beat out by other plays tonight? Thoughts?

If i’m paying up I like Kyrie, Mitchell and Lillard but it’s a bit hard to fit them. I think I rank them Kyrie, Lillard, Mitchell

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).