7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( -2 ) at Atlanta ( 2 ) —- T: 227
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3.5 ) at New York ( 3.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -4 ) at Minnesota ( 4 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 5.5 ) at Chicago ( -5.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando ( -5 ) at Golden State ( 5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 1.5 ) at Houston ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 9.5 ) at Utah ( -9.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 4 ) at Okla City ( -4 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Better plays. Poor match up.

Why is the matchup bad? And where are there better plays than an 8400 Booker without Oubre?

• Bodiaz36

I will say, I will have very little of Booker as of now. But I do recall a game a few years back where he absolutely torched the C’s to the tune of like 70 fpts, always stands out in my mind. If Kemba is out, certainly merit in playing him. Prob will be low owned because guard is loaded today and the matchup

• monarch

@Bodiaz36 said...

I will say, I will have very little of Booker as of now. But I do recall a game a few years back where he absolutely torched the C’s to the tune of like 70 fpts, always stands out in my mind. If Kemba is out, certainly merit in playing him. Prob will be low owned because guard is loaded today and the matchup

96 DK points in Boston

• Bodiaz36

Lol, damn. Well I short-changed him. Ok, maybe I will throw in some Booker

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Why is the matchup bad? And where are there better plays than an 8400 Booker without Oubre?

Boston is a bad match up in general. Their 4th in defensive efficiency as a team. 1st in defensive efficiency against SG’s. He’ll probably have Marcus Smart in his grill.

Better plays for SG than Booker on DK-

Simons, Burks, Fournier, LaVine, D’Lo, Smart, Rose, Fultz probably if MCW is out, SGA, possibly Schroder too if Adams and Ferguson are sitll out, Harden, maybe FVV if he plays.. I mean can I stop now?

• tmarohl

Simons at 3.1K probably will be 80% owned.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

96 DK points in Boston

And…?

• Bradsh86

Guys I need help and my process reviewed, I am a 20 max player and normally pick 25-30 guys for my player pool, but I’m having troubling setting exposures for each one because the optimizer always says restricted? Also do most of you recommend going heavy on a core of 4-5 guys (50-80%) any advice is appreciated, thanks and good luck.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

And…?

I was giving context to Bodiaz post…not arguing with the forum moderator

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

Right, let’s just keep chasing this one game against Boston..

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/how-many-dk-points-has-devin-booker-averaged-against-the-celtics-in-his-career-with-game-logs

Is there some other narrative here? Or are we really going to bring this up every time he plays the Celtics, because the most notorious game of his career happened against the Celtics? A game where the season was basically over and the Suns didn’t care anymore and just let Booker shoot every shot and where purposely fouling Boston to shorten the clock so Booker could keep shooting trying to get to 70?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Boston is a bad match up in general. Their 4th in defensive efficiency as a team. 1st in defensive efficiency against SG’s. He’ll probably have Marcus Smart in his grill.

Better plays for SG than Booker on DK-

Simons, Burks, Fournier, LaVine, D’Lo, Smart, Rose, Fultz probably if MCW is out, SGA, possibly Schroder too if Adams and Ferguson are sitll out, Harden, maybe FVV if he plays.. I mean can I stop now?

They weren’t too bad of a matchup the other day when the Bucks scored like 140 points.

Marcus Smart isnt a concern. Booker has roasted him before. He is underpriced. Elf IMO is every bit the ball denial guard that Smart is and did a great job on Booker the other night yet Booker still put up 41 in 28 foul plagued minutes I believe. The Knicks put traffic cone RJ Barrett on Rubio and he went off allowing Booker to be a decoy. If Smart were to start at point guard there is a chance that Stevens doesnt allow Rubio to post another like 27/10/10 or whatever he did…the death by a thousand tiny cuts and Booker has to actually carry the team which allows him to get to a ceiling at a misprice of 8400

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Right, let’s just keep chasing this one game against Boston..

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/how-many-dk-points-has-devin-booker-averaged-against-the-celtics-in-his-career-with-game-logs

Is there some other narrative here? Or are we really going to bring this up every time he plays the Celtics, because the most notorious game of his career happened against the Celtics? A game where the season was basically over and the Suns didn’t care anymore and just let Booker shoot every shot and where purposely fouling Boston to shorten the clock so Booker could keep shooting trying to get to 70?

Nobody is chasing Panda. That was never a part of my argument for Booker. Instead you have decided to discredit my argument by derailing the topic to a box score. I used it as context to Bodiaz and not to argue with you.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Nobody is chasing Panda. That was never a part of my argument for Booker. Instead you have decided to discredit my argument by derailing the topic to a box score. I used it as context to Bodiaz and not to argue with you.

I’m just getting ahead of the field. Every time Booker plays Boston that game is brought up.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

They weren’t too bad of a matchup the other day when the Bucks scored like 140 points.

And what do the Suns and Bucks have in common?

• Bodiaz36

It’s an interesting discussion, and Booker certainly is on my radar with no Oubre. I guess the biggest concern for me is I can actually see Boston taking care of business early in this one, Kemba or not. Tatum, Hayward, and Smart fully capable of carrying the load. And that would cap Book’s ceiling

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

And what do the Suns and Bucks have in common?

Bledsoe and Bender played for both of them.

• gaelicgirl

Gallinari out makes POR/OKC a little more interesting

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Ferguson and Nader are out as well. Fire up German Rondo

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

Yes. Also Ferguson and Nader. Schroder, SGA going to need to play big, big minutes. Both officially better plays than Booker.

• monarch

Booker could fail. No doubt. But he was on his way to 60 in his previous game. A 1.47 FPPM but foul trouble and blowout cut his minutes to 28. That was a game he shot 2-8 from three and was face guarded like Harden typically is by Elf Payton. He can get 60 vs these Celtics. It’s kinda silly to think that he cannot.

37 and 40 percent usage the past two games without Oubre. Price cut from 9k for some apparent reason and a 108 implied total in what Vegas has as a six point spread.

• Bodiaz36

So Panda, is it officially safe to say you will have 0% Booker?

• jv21

Early slate is interesting. Its not too hard to make a decent lineup but I am thinking of stacking MIL/BKN just to be contrarian and hoping LAC blows out NOP.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@Bodiaz36 said...

So Panda, is it officially safe to say you will have 0% Booker?

Correct. Unless something unforeseen happens, like Rubio or Ayton OUT, yes. Plus he’s 8.8K on FD and I’m most likely not touching DK, but I did look to make sure I wasn’t crazy. Dray is OUT for GSW. How does D’Lo not have an equal shot at a ceiling game as Booker for significantly less? Not to mention of all the more mid-tier SG’s in sweet spots. I just don’t don’t see the point in playing Booker.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Yes. Also Ferguson and Nader. Schroder, SGA going to need to play big, big minutes. Both officially better plays than Booker.

Better cash plays. Schroder shoots well and scores you 42 DK points. Booker shoots well and gets you into the 60s. SGA is fine. He has an exceptional game once every couple of weeks.

• Bodiaz36

Yeah, D-Lo and Booker are similar type players, highly scoring dependent. I think Booker’s a little better, but Russell is significantly cheaper. GS could probably win that game too with ORL banged up

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler