2:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 8 ) at Atlanta ( -8 ) — T: 228.5
    3:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Miami ( -6 ) — T:
    3:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -1.5 ) at Portland ( 1.5 ) — T: 224
    5:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) — T: 223
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -2.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 2.5 ) — T: 239.5
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 4 ) at Toronto ( -4 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -1 ) at Chicago ( 1 ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 9 ) at LA Lakers ( -9 ) — T: 223.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• chickenmanE

any thoughts on the early slate?

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

You worried about the back to back 3 game in 4 days with Travel?

Luka not historically good in these situations.

I almost want to take the main slate off, as Luka against Toronto, is normally close to an all in for me. Yet he’s played a lot of hoops recently, huge minutes, and I don’t like that I want to fade him, or will be obliged to play him, just in case.

Luka looked fatigued yesterday almost the whole game but especially in the 4th, but given his performance it wasn’t a shocker. He’s 21 though so I’m not going to suggest he can’t perform in a B2B.

Regarding the slate as a whole…DAL and HOU is going to have guys coming back tonight, don’t count on extreme value from those games to build around. There’s no obvious path to a stud and scrub unless unexpected news drops elevating near min salary replacement starters. The best value on the main slate I see so far is from the CHI bench.

• celtics69

@monarch said...

Cavs are trading or releasing Kevin Porter Jr

When they give your locker away it’s never a good sign.

• blackdirkdiggler

Here’s a tip for anyone playing the 12pm showdown: put Quickley in the cpt spot. It opens up everything. You can thank me later!

• got9forya

@chickenmanE said...

any thoughts on the early slate?

Im going cheap with Quickley and Anthony as my PGs on FD

• Supersharpie

Pick one:

Capela or Kanter for GPP on FD

• frugal

@blackdirkdiggler said...

Here’s a tip for anyone playing the 12pm showdown: put Quickley in the cpt spot. It opens up everything. You can thank me later!

That’s exactly what I did.

• Njsum1

@blackdirkdiggler said...

If you go by baseline projections it’s not optimal. Yet if Quickley scores over 30 DK, then it works well.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

If you go by baseline projections it’s not optimal. Yet if Quickley scores over 30 DK, then it works well.

No guarantee today of course, but last 3 of 29,40,33 put me on that path.

• Dicklington

Would anybody like to take a stab at minutes projections for Minny 4 and 5’s. How will minutes be distributed between Reid, Davis, Vanderbilt, etc?

• jdtrey

@Tajtrivedi said...

Harden wont break another assist record, but will he smash?

Harden broke no assist records. The only “record” was first to have 30 point triple double in a team debut.
    Two different Nets have gone over 20 assists, anyone that implied 14 assists was a record was way off.

Almost forgot FD locked at 9am this morning – got stuck with MRob in one lineup because of it =/

This is pretty funny if true:

The Cavaliers are planning to release or trade Kevin Porter Jr. after an outburst in the locker room.

Porter Jr., who has yet to play this season with what the Cavaliers are calling personal reasons, “grew angry” when he walked into the locker room to find that they gave his locker to Taurean Prince. The second-year guard began yelling and threw food, and when GM Koby Altman tried to confront him, KPJ remained “combative.” The Cavaliers spent the weekend trying to trade him with no luck so far. He’s a very talented player, but the off-court issues continue to hold him back.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Cavs are trading or releasing Kevin Porter Jr

Poor guy.

I mean who wouldn’t start throwing food and screaming if Taurean Prince took your locker.

• mbunner23

@jdtrey said...

Harden broke no assist records. The only “record” was first to have 30 point triple double in a team debut.
    Two different Nets have gone over 20 assists, anyone that implied 14 assists was a record was way off.

Almost forgot FD locked at 9am this morning – got stuck with MRob in one lineup because of it =/

This is pretty funny if true:

The Cavaliers are planning to release or trade Kevin Porter Jr. after an outburst in the locker room.

Porter Jr., who has yet to play this season with what the Cavaliers are calling personal reasons, “grew angry” when he walked into the locker room to find that they gave his locker to Taurean Prince. The second-year guard began yelling and threw food, and when GM Koby Altman tried to confront him, KPJ remained “combative.” The Cavaliers spent the weekend trying to trade him with no luck so far. He’s a very talented player, but the off-court issues continue to hold him back.

I think Njsum meant to say record assists in a debut. But it came off as all time Nets assist leader in a game.

It confused me as well, as I knew Jkidd probably had multiple 20 assist games.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

No guarantee today of course, but last 3 of 29,40,33 put me on that path.

I’m just not sure if his run is locked In yet, or if it’s dependent on how others are playing and game script.

I have him in 4/5 lineups, yet not at captain.

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

I think Njsum meant to say record assists in a debut. But it came off as all time Nets assist leader in a game.

Yeah I clarified a few posts later 👍

My Follow up post…
    “Yes, in debut, Kidd had more than 14 assists multiple times”

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Poor guy.

I mean who wouldn’t start throwing food and screaming if Taurean Prince took your locker.

Is it just me or does KPJ find his way onto the Clippers some kind of way?

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Poor guy.

It’s like when Mickey gave away Rocky’s locker in Rocky I. Rocky wasn’t too happy.

• jdtrey

@mbunner23 said...

Didn’t know it came from NJ .. just saw it mentioned today and the other day by others without the context

Kidd hit 25 and 20 as a Mav but the crazy thing is Deron effin’ Williams hit 20 twice as a Net!
    Magic (32) and Stockton (38) are on a whole other level with 20 assist games

• mbunner23

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah I clarified a few posts later 👍

My Follow up post…
    “Yes, in debut, Kidd had more than 14 assists multiple times”

All good homes.

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

All good homes.

My man

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

How come? Because he went to USC?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

How come? Because he went to USC?

Just first team that came to mind. They have Kennard but KPJ a little more dynamic scorer, potential Lou Williams replacement. The USC thing probably factored in as well.

• jdtrey

What’s wrong with the name Bryan? I just realized KPJ’s first name is Bryan. I know some people go by their middle names but it’s usually when their first name is Eugene or some shit, not Bryan. I wonder if his dad goes by Kevin too, rather funny that he calls himself Kevin Porter Jr when he’s actually Bryan Porter Jr..

• Russthabus26

@monarch said...

Got to Denver right? Who doesn’t need MPJ AND KPJ???

• Pandamonious

@jdtrey said...

What’s wrong with the name Bryan? I just realized KPJ’s first name is Bryan. I know some people go by their middle names but it’s usually when their first name is Eugene or some shit, not Bryan. I wonder if his dad goes by Kevin too, rather funny that he calls himself Kevin Porter Jr when he’s actually Bryan Porter Jr..

What?! As a Bryan myself I’m somewhat offended.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).