• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11.5 ) at Cleveland ( -11.5 ) —- T: 219
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Miami ( -1.5 ) —- T: 197
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 12.5 ) at San Antonio ( -12.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2 ) at LA Clippers ( -2 ) —- T: 205

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• nateW

I’m avoid all the Clipper players tonight. Any one of them could be a trap. Not sure which one though.

• whitemamba86

man u guys over think way to much sometimes. so if rivers felton and crawford are all traps and there implied to score 103 points tonight who is going to do the scoring lol?????? people want to play jokic at 8700 might be the biggest trap he needs 52.2 dk points and has had 3 extrememly good matchups magic lakers pacers who are all bottom 10 vs centers . if people arnt playing the clipper guards it means u think jordan and spieghts are going to do the most scoring . jordan is horrible without paul go look it up.

• dgballer

@xdan3220 said...

I’m not familiar with the Yahoo pricing/scoring, it’s close I have a projection of 25 for Rivers on Fanduel and 28 for Waiters so I do prefer him to Rivers. I also prefer Tony Parker and Jamal Crawford to both of them.

Thanks Yahoo is a lot different. They have Felton at SF Rivers and Waiters as SG and Parker at PG. I’m filling a SG position. Crawford has been pretty bad lately maybe for a GPP his ownership will be lower

• feekdogg

@Sixersfan said...

questions please….

1. Is anyone going heavy on rostering any Cavs? Especially Lebron and Iriving?
    2. Is anyone going back to Derrick Rose tonight? No way he’s matching the 50 burger but will he get close?
    3. Now that Rubio has been on the trading block he’s been playing well. Extra incentive on landing on a competitive team. I have him in a few lineups. Anyone else?
    4. Anyone with Tony Parker thoughts on rostering him?

Thanks
    4. I

I’m on Rubio/Parker as my PGs (only play one lineup). Rubio is on a nice little roll and he’s not scoring-dependent. Parker is good value and he put up 37.1 FD points on Denver last time they played.

• dkinginfo

@whitemamba86 said...

man u guys over think way to much sometimes. so if rivers felton and crawford are all traps and there implied to score 103 points tonight who is going to do the scoring lol?????? people want to play jokic at 8700 might be the biggest trap he needs 52.2 dk points and has had 3 extrememly good matchups magic lakers pacers who are all bottom 10 vs centers . if people arnt playing the clipper guards it means u think jordan and spieghts are going to do the most scoring . jordan is horrible without paul go look it up.

Nah. They must think Paul, The Prince, Wesley Johnson and Bass are going to put forward all the effort. Smh, crazy.

• nateW

There’s enough elsewhere to avoid all Clippers tonight. No need to even touch that game accept I like Wiggins.

• kylar18

@nateW said...

There’s enough elsewhere to avoid all Clippers tonight. No need to even touch that game accept I like Wiggins.

If you avoid the clipper guards and one or 2 hit 40 FP you won’t win anything tonight with how cheap they are. People overthink this stuff way too often IMO.

• frugal

@whitemamba86 said...

and hes playing against the #1 dvp against centers lol go ahead and light ur money on fire

Yeah…saw that I don’t quite understand how that is possible with Gasol and Aldridge playing C so I took a look at recent games the Spurs played against some better C’s:

Towns: 27pts 16reb
    Monroe: 14pts 9reb
    Jokic: 19pts 11reb
    Howard: 16pts 10reb
    Jordan: 11pts 9reb
    Davis: 12pts 4reb

They really controlled Jordan and Davis, but it looks like the rest did pretty well including Jokic.

• xdan3220

@whitemamba86 said...

Just look at the box scores, chances are all 3 aren’t going to hit value. They aren’t all 4k anymore, at 5.5 k it’d be very easy for Felton and Rivers to not hit value. I’ve said it a bunch of times but Vegas lines only partially reflect an expected score, they also incorporate the public betting patterns, relying on them is a quick way to lose money IMO.

Yesterday Vegas:
    Portalnd 105 v. Cha 110: actual 85 v. 107
    Toronto 109 v. philly 104: actual 89 v. 94
    Memphis 101 Wsh 104 : actual 101 v. 104 (well done vegas)
    knicks 105 v. boston 113: actual 117 v. 106
    Mil 110 v. Hou 117: 92 v. 111
    Orl 102 v. NOP 106: actual 98 v. 118
    atlanta 101 v. det 100: actual 95 v. 118
    Ind 107 v. Sac 108: actual 106 v. 100
    OKC 107 v. GS 120: actual 100 v. 127

So out of 9 games, 1 was totally accurate the rest were pretty much not close. Clips could easily get blown out tonight and not score 90

• Gheag2014

@kylar18 said...

If you avoid the clipper guards and one or 2 hit 40 FP you won’t win anything tonight with how cheap they are. People overthink this stuff way too often IMO.

Seriously… Lock in clipper guards, play whoever else you want… Feed your family

• Sixersfan

Dallas top 5 worst shooting percentage over the last 3 games. Godside should have about 100 rebounds

• Stickman731

@BUFUu2 said...

I don’t get all this OQuinn talk today……… Look at his game logs he has only 2 games that he has played over 24 mins, against a shitty bulls team and a decent mil game which ill give him that…… However everyone all in on him last night was just crazy i did avoid him last night and will again tonight. I just think he is over priced still…. Yes he can get you 7x maybe tonight its a gamble that is why you play. However there is better value to get tonight in the Center postion and In the PF position. I will be going Kuz and that is it from that game he has the biggest upside and 300 cheaper to me that is a easy pick. However i did barely cash last night went all in on melo and forgot all about rose. Not one of my brighter spots but that is my mess up only on that….. Watched the game and just wanted to take a gun and shoot myselft that i forgot to play rose in at least one. If it wasn’t for durand and westy in one lineup i wouldn’t have cashed at all.

Thank You – I tried telling the board yesterday but certain things get their own momentum. I am Knick fan and find them very predictable.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nba-1-18-1677415?page=22 (about halfway down).

• Supersharpie

@kylar18 said...

Yes, but if 2 or 3 dud those fading them will win so much they’ll get tired of winning.

• mbunner23

Why are we overthinking the clippers situation? CP3 out, Blake out. DJ isn’t a scorer, Mbah A Moute (spelling) can’t score. someone has to score for them. Rivers is a great play imo.

• whitemamba86

@frugal said...

Yeah…saw that I don’t quite understand how that is possible with Gasol and Aldridge playing C so I took a look at recent games the Spurs played against some better C’s:

Towns: 27pts 16reb
    Monroe: 14pts 9reb
    Jokic: 19pts 11reb
    Howard: 16pts 10reb
    Jordan: 11pts 9reb
    Davis: 12pts 4reb

They really controlled Jordan and Davis, but it looks like the rest did pretty well including Jokic.

if jokic is 8 k i would be all over him but at 8700 he has to hit 52.2dk points which he can. but lets this game is a 20 point lead at halftime hes a big bust then. his price is whats holding me back. hes going to be the main part of that offense early tho. maybe he gets into foul trouble like he does before . i would rather play gasol at 5,100 but thats just me

• Supersharpie

@Sixersfan said...

Dallas top 5 worst shooting percentage over the last 3 games. Godside should have about 100 rebounds

That’s only if he decides to show up, which is doubtful.

• California_Cool

• Ranked #47

RG Tiered Ranking

@Supersharpie said...

Yep…Rivers, Felton, and Crawford are all traps

Rivers, lets face it, that dude is garbage. Even at 35 min, his upside is capped at prob 30 fantasy points. Lavine and Wiggins are athletic mismatches for him. Felton I like because he seems better at getting others involved in the offense and is a better scorer. Crawford, he’s been playing dogshit for a while, I don’t know if he’s injured, sick or just slumping. Whoever comes off the bench will probably be guarded by Dunn, who i think is an underrated defender. If you want to gamble at those spots, i like Parker and ginobli much better, their min can be sketchy, but its not hard to rack up the points vs Denver.

• Stickman731

@tmarohl said...

The thing that has me scared off the Knicks centers is the fact that Plumlee got 20 minutes last night in that three headed rotation they ran out there. I would more than likely throw darts at O’Quinn and Hernangomez if it was a two headed monster. The other thing that frightens me is the fact that Hernangomez has put up good games before, and then doesn’t even see the floor the next game. That is why I like the safety of Deandre, or possibly Whiteside tonight. With alll of that said, someone like Tristan Thompson or Alex Len will probably be the guy who goes off tonight.

People forgot about the match-up yesterday. Big guys do bet up BOS but they got to be very offensive minded with some rebound skills. Tonight match-up is a physical game with Gortat. – KOQ will probably hit 5x – Willy and Plum forget them. With Wall I expect Rose to be shutdown with maybe 25 FD pts.

• decaye23

People are making tournament/GPP arguments against the Clipper guards. The original question was in regards to a cash game play. It’s simple. Rivers is almost free at 5K, he’s going to play 30+ minutes, Clips have an implied total of 103…someone has to score and Jamal is off his game. Not a lot of scorers on the Clippers, which makes Rivers perfectly fine in cash. Stop overthinking…Rubio or Lavine shutting Rivers down? Oh, please. Lock Rivers or Felton, if you feel like it, in Cash, get your Cavaliers in there tucked in nicely, or maybe you would rather have John Wall and enjoy your money.

• frugal

@whitemamba86 said...

Isn’t the inverse also true with Jordan? Unless you expect Clips guards to score all 103 points alone and put up no peripheral stats? Someone has to rebound all those chucked shots and Jordan grabbed 16 boards against Towns back in Nov with griffin on the floor. I think he’s got a shot at 20 boards tonight. If he can score 10, get a block, and a couple assists that would be around 40 points on Yahoo where he’s only $27.

• tmarohl

@keephustlincuz said...

What if love doesn’t play? James would get a small usage boost.

Love didn’t play much last game either. My guess is that he will probably try to feed Korver a lot tonight. If Korver is hitting Lebron will get more assists. I just think there are a lot of options at small forward tonight so I don’t need to pay $10,500 for him when everyone and their brother will be on him.

• xdan3220

@California_Cool said...

Rivers, lets face it, that dude is garbage. Even at 35 min, his upside is capped at prob 30 fantasy points. Lavine and Wiggins are athletic mismatches for him. Felton I like because he seems better at getting others involved in the offense and is a better scorer. Crawford, he’s been playing dogshit for a while, I don’t know if he’s injured, sick or just slumping. Whoever comes off the bench will probably be guarded by Dunn, who i think is an underrated defender. If you want to gamble at those spots, i like Parker and ginobli much better, their min can be sketchy, but its not hard to rack up the points vs Denver.

Crawford, on FD at least, I understand and will likely fire up. He is min priced and the position isn’t really loaded. Even if he only gets 15 fantasy points (I have him around 27) the other SG’s aren’t gonna bury you. If you run Rivers and invest 5.5 on him and he gets you 18 and Wall, Kyrie, Bledsoe all have games then you are done.

• draped

if anyone that isn’t playing any LAC guards wants to H2H on DK send me a contest up to 5$ (samdrap)

• frugal

@whitemamba86 said...

if jokic is 8 k i would be all over him but at 8700 he has to hit 52.2dk points which he can. but lets this game is a 20 point lead at halftime hes a big bust then. his price is whats holding me back. hes going to be the main part of that offense early tho. maybe he gets into foul trouble like he does before . i would rather play gasol at 5,100 but thats just me

On Yahoo Jokic is in play at $28. Also if that 20 point lead happens by halftime, Gasol would likely be a bust as well.

• kylar18

@xdan3220 said...

Crawford, on FD at least, I understand and will likely fire up. He is min priced and the position isn’t really loaded. Even if he only gets 15 fantasy points (I have him around 27) the other SG’s aren’t gonna bury you. If you run Rivers and invest 5.5 on him and he gets you 18 and Wall, Kyrie, Bledsoe all have games then you are done.

I can understand a Fade over on Fanduel where you could just pay up at that spot to some of the pricier PGs who have good matchups and you can only play 2, but DK you can play 3/4 of them at the SG spot and still play 3 PGs in good spots around it. IMO the chances that all 4 of them dud are minimal. Not saying that you should lock 2 or 3 into your lineup but just ignoring all of them seems like a losing strategy to me tonight

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).