• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11.5 ) at Cleveland ( -11.5 ) —- T: 219
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Miami ( -1.5 ) —- T: 197
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 12.5 ) at San Antonio ( -12.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2 ) at LA Clippers ( -2 ) —- T: 205

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• erizos17

All i’ve figured out about nba dfs in those 4 months im playing everyday is you have more chances to win a 6 team parlay than get top 100 in a GPP. Sorry if some dont agree but deep inside you know its true lol

• joemorris100

9 for 44 in last 5 games
    No thanks

• erizos17

@Vanco said...

Bradley was not Q or was there even a hint all day of him being injured. I played him cause his price 5900 with a 45 fps potential against a beat up Knicks team seemed great…until he was a late scratch.

Exactly i just wasnt too sure about it

• Youngbandit09

@draped said...

idk how many possesions you think occur in 9 mins but….its definitely more than a few…

So if lebron James have a bad 5 mins will the coach bench him for the entire half / Hell no !
    But that is lebron James and this is OBenchQuinn lol .

• frugal

There is waaaaaay too much value today on Yahoo, many starting, most with near guaranteed big minutes (looking at you O’Quinn). All at $14 or less, most near $10, quite a few with 3X upside.

NYCMindaugas Kuzminskas, Kyle O’Quinn, Willy Hernangomez
    LACRaymond Felton, Austin Rivers
    DALSeth Curry, Salah Mejri
    MIADion Waiters
    SASTony Parker, Danny Green, Manu Ginobili
    DENJameer Nelson

• krighton

Top value play from a couple sites was Lavueren (sp)…he rated like a 6.2 or something. i played him late, 0 points last night

• kipboggins

All I know is that anytime Bradley is OUT, you go and plug in other team’s SG 100% of the team….

Courtney Lee who has done nothing all year had 32 DK points….just an fyi for everyone you HAVE to do it.

Yes I understand Bradley was out after lock, I’m just saying anytime he is out ahead of time, play the opponent’s SG.

• frugal

@draped said...

the thing is most of the people don’t realize that O’Quinn played fine, he just got benched for not playing hard on D a few times. they just see his score and go around saying he sucks now.

I’ve only rostered O’Quinn 3 times this season. 1st time he killed it and won me some money. Next 2 were both starts and his minutes were very limited. Mindaugas Kuzminskas is the best value option from NYC as his minutes look much more guaranteed than O’Quinn who appears to be fighting a 3 way battle for minutes with Noah out.

• Zergeibaka

@kipboggins said...

All I know is that anytime Bradley is OUT, you go and plug in other team’s SG 100% of the team….

Courtney Lee who has done nothing all year had 32 DK points….just an fyi for everyone you HAVE to do it.

if bradley is out for the next game blazers backcourt will be fun

• Lathum

What a strange night last night was. Several stars had big games, yet the cash line was pretty low. Amazing what can happen when a couple high owned value plays bust or a guy gets a DNP after the lock.I’m just happy I had Olynek and still managed to cash thanks to low ownership on the late hammer games.

• dunbarnation

@frugal said...

I’ve only rostered O’Quinn 3 times this season. 1st time he killed it and won me some money. Next 2 were both starts and his minutes were very limited. Mindaugas Kuzminskas is the best value option from NYC as his minutes look much more guaranteed than O’Quinn who appears to be fighting a 3 way battle for minutes with Noah out.

Exactly my thought. If noah plays, it seems that they make the other two (plumlee, hernangomez) inactive. Therefore, if noah struggles, o’quinn gets most of the available pt. With noah out, it seems that hornacek is more comfortable with a 3-way battle, “hot hand” approach. The only game that o’quinn started and played 30+ min, plumlee was in the d league so hernangomez was the only backup at center.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

Pretty ugly slate if you ask me for tonight. Here are my thoughts…

I am a little worried about the Denver vs San Antonio game. Denver has been playing better of late mostly on the back of Jokic, but they are in the midst of a 5 game week this week and are missing 2 of their better defenders in Harris and Chandler. There is a good possibility that the Spurs just completely dominate the nuggets, at which point the only player that is safe in my eyes for cash game would be perhaps Leonard because he might still reach a reasonable floor and a couple of the cheap guys like Danny Green, Tony Parker and Patty Mills. Gasol and Aldridge rarely both have a great game on the same night and it is too hard to predict which one would help the spurs dominate the nuggets in a blowout so I would avoid in cash.

I absolutely love Jokic! I have him in about 7 year long leagues and have loved watching my teams rise up the standings with his recent breakout, but honestly if there is a time to fade its 9k plus salary on FD on a 5 game week against the Spurs. I will fade in cash games and have one or two lineups in GPP’s just in case.

I think that the Clippers vs Timberwolves will be sneaky good as long as the scrubs from clippers can keep it close. I am not against throwing out a double punt PG lineup on FD in a GPP hoping that many will choose one over the other. I will avoid Jordan and Redick as I don’t like playing them with Chris Paul out of the lineup, Redick usage actually goes down with CP3 not on the court and the clippers backcourt is going to be full of chuckers instead of passers for Jordan to excel. Some might say that is a good thing because of offensive rebounds, against a team that is not good defensively or playing with smaller lineups that would be the case, but Minnesota has stepped up on defensive end of late and play with two bigs. I will play one of Lavine, Rubio or Wiggins with Towns, but not more than one because while they often hit value together, it is very rare that 2 of the 3 dominating the ball wing guys hits 6x along with Towns. I am leaning towards Lavine as Rubio might be very chalky with recent play.

For Washington vs New York I think both Wall and Rose are decent safe plays for cash but not sure that the upside is there to bring down a GPP on a back to back. If I am targeting anyone for GPP from this game it will be Porter and Beal from Washington as they have upside at their price with the matchup they are in. The Washington bigs will be chalk plays and rarely go off together, so pick your poison for GPP and cross your fingers. On the Knicks side, I would not trust anyone for cash given the weird minute distribution, maybe Hernangomez because his price is so low, but who knows. I will stick to GPP for Knicks and will definitely have one or two GPP lineups with Melo as he probably pissed many off and most will be playing Lebron and Leonard.

Mavs vs Heat: I expect the point guards to be lower owned because of Wall and Rose being highly owned as well as Bledsoe because of good recent play and Irving. If one of Deron or Dragic go off in what is expected to be a low paced game, that definitely would be the key to winning a GPP and it is not totally out of the realm of possibility. Deron’s assist numbers has gone up since Nowitzki has been back so I slightly prefer him as Dragic relies more on scoring and with Waiters taking up so much usage since coming back he is more hit and miss. I will be plugging in Whiteside in most of my Gpp’s. He has burned many recently so they might not play him as much, but with no Bogut in the lineup he should destroy Mavs on the boards. For cash game, I don’t mind Matthews because he always see so many minutes and won’t kill your lineups if he doesn’t hit 5x at his price. I will be avoiding James Johnson as I don’t feel this is the type of game that he will get the extra peripherals that bring up his FD points.

For Phoenix vs Cleveland: If Love is out, I will be rolling out Lebron and Irving in all my cash games. It is a pace up game and missing one of the big three opens up huge usage on more possessions due to the extra pace. I also love Schumpert at SG for cash games and Bledsoe as a GPP point guard against Irving defense. Don’t like most others on Phoenix.

Best of luck everyone

• draped

@frugal said...

I completely agree that Kuzminskas is the better cash play, but in terms of GPP O’Quinn all the way for a few reasons: – Kuzminskas been about a 1FP/min guy vs O’Quinn who has shown to be a 1.5-2 FP/min guy, so even if Kuzminskas gets 30 mins and O’Quinn gets 20 mins I would take O’Quinn – The knicks are going to be playing their 4th game in 5 days with a semi depleted roster. I would expect the ‘rested’ O’Quinn to take some minutes today. – On DK, O’Quinn is PF eligible and I want to get Whiteside in my lineup and would rather use my UTIL on a guard today. (this one is more related to why I don’t want to use hernangomez)

I think all three knicks guys r decent options though if noah and zing are out.

• Youngbandit09

Curry or Shrimpert

• dunbarnation

@superbuckwild said...

I am a little worried about the Denver vs San Antonio game. Denver has been playing better of late mostly on the back of Jokic, but they are in the midst of a 5 game week this week and are missing 2 of their better defenders in Harris and Chandler. There is a good possibility that the Spurs just completely dominate the nuggets, at which point the only player that is safe in my eyes for cash game would be perhaps Leonard because he might still reach a reasonable floor and a couple of the cheap guys like Danny Green, Tony Parker and Patty Mills. Gasol and Aldridge rarely both have a great game on the same night and it is too hard to predict which one would help the spurs dominate the nuggets in a blowout so I would avoid in cash.

I absolutely love Jokic! I have him in about 7 year long leagues and have loved watching my teams rise up the standings with his recent breakout, but honestly if there is a time to fade its 9k plus salary on FD on a 5 game week against the Spurs. I will fade in cash games and have one or two lineups in GPP’s just in case.

I think that the Clippers vs Timberwolves will be sneaky good as long as the scrubs from clippers can keep it close. I am not against throwing out a double punt PG lineup on FD in a GPP hoping that many will choose one over the other. I will avoid Jordan and Redick as I don’t like playing them with Chris Paul out of the lineup, Redick usage actually goes down with CP3 not on the court and the clippers backcourt is going to be full of chuckers instead of passers for Jordan to excel. Some might say that is a good thing because of offensive rebounds, against a team that is not good defensively or playing with smaller lineups that would be the case, but Minnesota has stepped up on defensive end of late and play with two bigs. I will play one of Lavine, Rubio or Wiggins with Towns, but not more than one because while they often hit value together, it is very rare that 2 of the 3 dominating the ball wing guys hits 6x along with Towns. I am leaning towards Lavine as Rubio might be very chalky with recent play.

For Washington vs New York I think both Wall and Rose are decent safe plays for cash but not sure that the upside is there to bring down a GPP on a back to back. If I am targeting anyone for GPP from this game it will be Porter and Beal from Washington as they have upside at their price with the matchup they are in. The Washington bigs will be chalk plays and rarely go off together, so pick your poison for GPP and cross your fingers. On the Knicks side, I would not trust anyone for cash given the weird minute distribution, maybe Hernangomez because his price is so low, but who knows. I will stick to GPP for Knicks and will definitely have one or two GPP lineups with Melo as he probably pissed many off and most will be playing Lebron and Leonard.

Mavs vs Heat: I expect the point guards to be lower owned because of Wall and Rose being highly owned as well as Bledsoe because of good recent play and Irving. If one of Deron or Dragic go off in what is expected to be a low paced game, that definitely would be the key to winning a GPP and it is not totally out of the realm of possibility. Deron’s assist numbers has gone up since Nowitzki has been back so I slightly prefer him as Dragic relies more on scoring and with Waiters taking up so much usage since coming back he is more hit and miss. I will be plugging in Whiteside in most of my Gpp’s. He has burned many recently so they might not play him as much, but with no Bogut in the lineup he should destroy Mavs on the boards. For cash game, I don’t mind Matthews because he always see so many minutes and won’t kill your lineups if he doesn’t hit 5x at his price. I will be avoiding James Johnson as I don’t feel this is the type of game that he will get the extra peripherals that bring up his FD points.

For Phoenix vs Cleveland: If Love is out, I will be rolling out Lebron and Irving in all my cash games. It is a pace up game and missing one of the big three opens up huge usage on more possessions due to the extra pace. I also love Schumpert at SG for cash games and Bledsoe as a GPP point guard against Irving defense. Don’t like most others on Phoenix.

Best of luck everyone

Thanks for the breakdown. Much appreciated. For all of your hard work, i will give you a nugget. With Harris and chandler out, barton will play 30 min tonight off the bench regardless if it is a blowout. Also, without chandler, his usage will be higher so there’s a better chance of him not only exceeding value but having a 30+ FD pts game. Finally, he should avoid kawhi for the most part too since kawhi will normally play when Gallo is on the court.

• GangstaCrunk

• Blogger of the Month

@kylar18 said...

lol, no one will play KOQ tonight, that’s why some people are going back to it. Recency bias is a real thing, 50% of people had their lines killed by KOQ last night and will not go there today. I like the play from a game theory perspective

O’Quinn was 72% in my tournaments last night. Yes he killed me and even kept me from winning a GPP that I cashed hard in, but IMO you have to have some exposure to him tonight. Porzingis and Noah likely out and he is too damn cheap. He’ll probably be more like 15-20% tonight.

• Supersharpie

@Lathum said...

What a strange night last night was. Several stars had big games, yet the cash line was pretty low. Amazing what can happen when a couple high owned value plays bust or a guy gets a DNP after the lock.I’m just happy I had Olynek and still managed to cash thanks to low ownership on the late hammer games.

Managed to min cash in the Shot almost purely due to Durant and ABC. My only other players with more than 30 fpts were Batum and Kanter. Three of my guys were in the teens! KD had shockingly low ownership which is what saved me.

• JSteele

I think what is going on with OQuinn is that the Knicks are having tryouts with their young guys while the roster is depleted. Phil Jackson wants to trade Carmelo for the future but he doesn’t want to leave. I want to say that he just got outplayed yesterday but he wasn’t in foul trouble and from what I can tell he wasn’t playing bad, he wasn’t benched either because he started the 2nd half. I think they just want to give Plumlee and Hernangomez a better look while they can because they already know what they get with OQuinn. I think we might see another game like yesterday against Boston.

• MrPerfekt7

@superbuckwild said...

Best of luck everyone

Feeling this breakdown

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@dunbarnation said...

Thanks for the breakdown. Much appreciated. For all of your hard work, i will give you a nugget. With Harris and chandler out, barton will play 30 min tonight off the bench regardless if it is a blowout. Also, without chandler, his usage will be higher so there’s a better chance of him not only exceeding value but having a 30+ FD pts game. Finally, he should avoid kawhi for the most part too since kawhi will normally play when Gallo is on the court.

Will definitely have exposure to him in a GPP but I am not sure that I trust him for cash. I think that at his price he could still have a dud that would effect your lineup enough to not get above the cash line of a 50/50 for example whereas a some of the cheap guys at SG like Danny Green at 3.5 k, even if he gets you a 14 instead of 17.5 that 3.5 difference probably won’t kill you and the price difference between barton and Green will allow you to spend up at sf for both Lebron and Leonard or pay up for Kat or Irving etc…

You are correct though, there is definitely some crazy upside in Barton

• gausman7

@erizos17 said...

Lowry was a GTD all day on monday? What about Rose 2 weeks ago? GTD too right? I’m not sure if Avery was Q last night but the other 2 definitely werent

Bradley wasnt a GTD or questionable. 20/20 hindsight says he is coming back from an injury and may lose some time, but don’t think him sitting was on anybody’s radar from what I gathered.

• Chad32676

Who will you be building your cash lineups around?

• RWilder

@bfwl3434 said...

Can any clipper fans tell me what’s up with Crawford lately? Looks like he just can’t make anything. He’s still at min price on fanduel.

Stay away from Crawford. He won’t see a min bump with CP3 out. He’s strictly the reserve of the 2nd unit and frankly his shot hasn’t been falling and MoBuckets as took over the primary bench scoring role. Clippers to target are BabyRivers and Felton.

• demato320

Speculate, Speculate, and speculate. Assume the risk. Correct strategy YESTERDAY would to have lineup with QUINN and a lineup with Hernagomez.
    Since you can attack Washington from the perimeter, Melo and Kuz she have plenty of open looks. Melo only took 14 shots last night. I see him taking more tonight. Both teams are good on offensive glass(Quinn,Gortat, Porter per NBASTATS.com). So, there should be plenty of 2nd chance points for Quinn/Melo( team leaders per NBASTATS.com), Wall/Beal/Porter/Gortat(team leaders per NBASTATS.com) So, since Wizards are 9th in the league for POINTS IN THE PAINT. The Knicks need shot blocker Quinn to protect the rim. My prediction is for at least 25+ minutes. He matches up better against Gortat….So he has to get to that 25 minutes?

FD: Great plays/Price Points: Kuz, Melo, and Quinn, Beal/Gortat/”(player-popup)Otto Porter”:/players/otto-porter-17069.
    John Wall is always a great play….If you can afford him. I would rather he be under ten on FD and at home, and front end of back/back. However, he should get close to 5x.

• RWilder

@bfwl3434 said...

How about playing 3 or even 4 clippers (Rivers,Felton, JJ, Crawford) in the guards spots on Fanduel? There are 96 mins to go around and likely more if they use a 3 guard lineup. Speights is the only guy I can see getting double digit shot attempts besides those guys. Just a thought.

Crawford will not start. He never does, no matter who is injured. He is strictly a 2nd unit guy, same with MoBuckets. Felton, Rivers, JJ will be the starting back court. I would not touch JJ, he only performs with CP3. I also wouldn’t touch Crawford, MoBuckets has become the go to guy on the 2nd unit.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).