NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6 ) at Utah ( -6 ) — T: 217.5
    9:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 9.5 ) at Denver ( -9.5 ) — T: 220.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

Even though I did quite well last night, we’ve had 4 terrible slates in a row.

I would have done quite well (still made a small profit) if wiseman didn’t go full rookie last night

• Kanner88

@Njsum1 said...

I would have done quite well (still made a small profit) if wiseman didn’t go full rookie last night

Same here , had wiseman , chef curry and AD … needed more from chef also , made a small profit also … good luck today !

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

Don’t be afraid to get some exposure to those scrubs.

If I’m making 1 or 2 linueps, I’ll likely stay away from scrubs.

However, my best finishes on these type of slates have come from playing the blowout angle.

So if you’re making multiple lineups, I completely agree, that it would be foolish not to take some chances on scrubs who might benefit from a blowout.

• Njsum1

@Kanner88 said...

Same here , had wiseman , chef curry and AD … needed more from chef also , made a small profit also … good luck today !

Thanks, same to you 👍🍀🏀🔥🍀

• Supersharpie

How low are you guys going at each position on FD?

Here is my “all scrub squad:”

PG – Maledon 3.6k
    SG – Dozier 4.4k
    SF – Williams 3.8k
    PF – Muscala 4k
    C – Adams 5.8k

• ifthethunder

@got9forya said...

Just throwing 2 single entries in and hope I hit and go for NHL tonight and pick peoples minds and see where I land their. Good luck yall

That’s what I do in NBA every night, no matter how many games are on the slate. See you in Hockey Land!
    ~

• Njsum1

@Supersharpie said...

How low are you guys going at each position on FD?

Here is my “all scrub squad:”

PG – Maledon 3.6k
    SG – Dozier 4.4k
    SF – Williams 3.8k
    PF – Muscala 4k
    C – Adams 5.8k

On DK, I’ll use Pokusevski in a few for 3200. He gets extra run in blowouts. As does campazzo on the Denver side for 3k

• tmarohl

I have 57 tickets and am on vacation without my usual resources. I will probably just adjust a few of the LineupHQ projections, set my exposures, and play 57 unique lineups. Since I believe both games have the same lock time, there is no late swap potential

• Njsum1

@Wooden_Bones said...

I don’t see anyway to avoid Jokic. Great matchup, almost averages a triple double, two game slate

I’m probably going Jokic in 3/4 lineups.

He won’t pay off that salary in a blowout, yet can still be in the optimal due to the nature of the slate. So the lineups I’ll avoid him in will have a player or two I think will benefit from a Denver blowout. With a stack of the pelicans/jazz game. 🤷‍♂️👍🍀🔥🍀

• WildFireXXI

@Wooden_Bones said...

I don’t see anyway to avoid Jokic. Great matchup, almost averages a triple double, two game slate.

I see full reason to: fading him heavily upgrades 4+ other scrubs in the lineup. If jokic gets you 65 and another center that costs 6k less gets you 30, but the 6k saved upgrades players that each get you 15-20 more each, who says no?

• NarrowJ

Ingram’s price is outlandish on DK. What do we think his ownership will be? I can see it being lower than it should be, but its a two game slate so…

I like him tonight. Bogdanovic likely to guard him with Royce on Zion.

• Njsum1

@WildFireXXI said...

I see full reason to: fading him heavily upgrades 4+ other scrubs in the lineup. If jokic gets you 65 and another center that costs 6k less gets you 30, but the 6k saved upgrades players that each get you 15-20 more each, who says no?

I say no for that reasoning. Only reason you fade Jokic is cause you think that game is a blowout. If that game is tight enough, you’ll very likely need him

Let me qualify by saying on DK. On FD he’s more expensive and doesn’t get triple double/double double or 3 point bonuses. So on FD, I can see fading for your reasons. On DK, only in lineups I’m playing the blowout angle. Otherwise, he’s in there.

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

That was…unfortunate

Rooks gonna rook, another learning experience, yadda yadda yadda

Today’s slate is exactly what I prefer in After Hours slates, two games starting at the same time
    And yet…I feel strangely unenthusiastic about it and I don’t know why

• Njsum1

@NarrowJ said...

I like him tonight

Agree his price is outlandish, yet he has a good history versus Utah. Yet Pels are either at or almost at full strength. He’ll only be in my non Jokic lineups

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

And yet…I feel strangely unenthusiastic about it and I don’t know why

Must be tough for you to get excited for this 2 gamer especially after that nice/surprising win by the W’s last night. Congrats!!! 🏀🍀🔥🔥

• NarrowJ

Yeah I don’t think you need both for raw points unless Jokic goes for like 65 and Ingram goes 50+

Also, I like Ingram better if Ball (distributor) is playing alongside him instead of NAW.

• monarch

Who did the Pels piss off with this schedule?

Road swing at LAL, LAC, SAC, DAL (postponed), Utah, Minnesota then they go home finally to play the Spurs, the covid ridden Wizards, Bucks and then B2B with Rockets. Thats quite a stretch for Zion to make it through unscathed.

• NarrowJ

Does OKC start Muscala instead of Roby vs Jokic tonight? Roby is only 6-8 230.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Almost a year ago, this game in part, particularly Ingram was one of the separators that propelled me to my first gpp. I’m partial to this game!

Date: January 16, 2020👀

UTA 28 21 42 31 10 132
    NOP 25 31 31 35 16 138

Game Leaders
    Jazz Pelicans
    Points 46 – D. Mitchell 49 – B. Ingram
    Rebounds 14 – R. Gobert 11 – D. Favors
    Assists 6 – J. Ingles 13 – L. Ball

• maddysdaddy0914

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Almost a year ago, this game in part, particularly Ingram was one of the separators that propelled me to my first gpp. I’m partial to this game!

Date: January 16, 2020👀

UTA 28 21 42 31 10 132
    NOP 25 31 31 35 16 138

Game Leaders
    Jazz Pelicans
    Points 46 – D. Mitchell 49 – B. Ingram
    Rebounds 14 – R. Gobert 11 – D. Favors
    Assists 6 – J. Ingles 13 – L. Ball

I looked at that. But this years Pels are playing so much slower.

• superjon

15 lineups. Just going to build around the chalk.

Maybe a few with as much chalk as I can fit within the salary, and then some that only has 2 or 3 of the really chalky guys.

• zline34

@Njsum1 said...

I play NHL everyday too, actually my second best DFS sport, what do you want to know? 😎

I dont play 2 gamers in NBA so im looking at NHL tonight. Ill be playing all one offs with no lines. Has anyone been successful using this strategy? I have never been a fan of stacking in any sport and ive always found a way to win. Not sure about hockey though.

• monarch

I’m throwing 30 lineups into the NHL GPP. Those guys over there are gracious enough to answer my stupid questions lol.

Kind of refreshing to build six hours before lock and not feel like that late news is going to blow it up.

I will throw something into NBA for ironman achievements. Maybe a quarter train of just three point shooters for the long range achievement.

• HeroFnStatus

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions on how much salary cap should be left over on a 2-3 game NBA slate… Is $1-$2K salary cap too much to leave on the table? What is a good range?

Thanks.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@HeroFnStatus said...

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions on how much salary cap should be left over on a 2-3 game NBA slate… Is $1-$2K salary cap too much to leave on the table? What is a good range?

Thanks.

Doesn’t matter. Make a line up you like. If you’re happy with it keep it. No matter what salary is left. Every night 5k players outscore 7k players.

The more salary you leave, within reason, think like maybe 3-4k, the more leverage you’re likely to have, but leverage doesn’t always equal making money.

I haven’t tried to build anything though, so I can’t say what I would be comfortable with, plus not sure which site. FD probably makes more sense to leave money.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).