7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -6.5 ) at Cleveland ( 6.5 ) —- T: 205
    7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5 ) at Washington ( -5 ) —- T: 230
    7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 1 ) at Brooklyn ( -1 ) —- T: 230
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Memphis ( -6 ) —- T: 198.5
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 12 ) at Boston ( -12 ) —- T: 132.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -5.5 ) at LA Lakers ( 5.5 ) —- T: 229

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MKREAL1122

anyone like wade ?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Mcgratsa said...

I was pretty fortunate on New Year’s Eve, as I had decided to take a stand on Harden while fading AD almost completely, so I didn’t get burned as badly as a lot of people and don’t have the same (very reasonable) aversion to Brow tonight. That having been said, we’ve got arguably the DFS player with the highest ceiling in basketball in the best possible defensive matchup in AD against the Nets. The game has the highest total on the slate.

What happened last time is fresh in everyone’s mind, and he’s still got the GTD tag next to his name. What does everyone think his ownership will be? It’s hard for me not to want to lock him in.

On DK I think he’ll still be 35-40% owned. There’s more than enough value to fit him in. Recency bias is completely overrated now. It’s a thing of the past. All the people who in here vented and felt burned and said never again are playing him tonight.

• jordanmchand

Kinda liking the idea of fading AD and taking Embiid + 1.7k in what is at least just as good of a matchup. At least for GPPs.

• JSteele

Caroll is 4k on DK and should be locked into 35+ minutes tonight with RHJ out. He’s been playing great lately too.

• JSteele

@jordanmchand said...

Kinda liking the idea of fading AD and taking Embiid + 1.7k in what is at least just as good of a matchup. At least for GPPs.

KAT is on the slate too. Great matchup with Boston.

• Mcgratsa

@JSteele said...

KAT is on the slate too. Great matchup with Boston.

What are you basing this on? Not being sarcastic, genuinely asking, because I can’t find much reason to think centers against Boston are in a great spot. KAT has had a couple good games against Horford, but nothing that jumps off the page at me. Is it the extra usage with Rose out?

• Mcgratsa

@jordanmchand said...

Loving Embiid too, and I think on Yahoo he makes for a great play since you can set your roster up so you have some options to move down to Westbrook in the late game if he’s ruled out. He got me to 30th in the $100k Baller last night, so I’ll definitely have some.

• underdawgs

Crikey, Zach Lavine is way too cheap on DK. I know the Bulls are mostly back at full strength with Dunn and Lauri (except Portis) but this is too cheap.
    The Wiz value (and potential Boston, Orlando, Minn value) make it easy to go stars ‘n scrubs but there’s a lot to like in the $6k-$8k range today.

• deepfat

Looking at the numbers, a few names jump out with positive matchups:

Tatum
    Trae
    Simmons
    Adams

Really think Adams will be the pivot from Embiid. C’s eat the Lakers alive and he’ll bully in the post all game.

• dominicanpapi

KAT sees a 14% usage bump with Covington/Rose/Teague out. Extremely small sample size but he has a 41% usage rate and averages 1.75 fp/min with those guys out. If Irving is out, that will make for an interesting game to target.

• JSteele

@Mcgratsa said...

What are you basing this on? Not being sarcastic, genuinely asking, because I can’t find much reason to think centers against Boston are in a great spot. KAT has had a couple good games against Horford, but nothing that jumps off the page at me. Is it the extra usage with Rose out?

KAT completely obliterated Miami (who has a solid interior d) and he’s put up no less than 69.5 DK FPTs in the last 3 games (since Rose has been out).

Just looking at a few box scores with Boston:
    -Aldridge – 32-9-5
    -Gasol – 15-10-3
    -Capela – 24-19
    -Embiid – 34-16-2
    -Willy Hernangomez – 19-10-2
    -Deandre Ayton – 23-18

These are all recent box scores too. Celtics are a terrible rebounding team and you know the points are gonna be there for KAT with Rose out. He’s also priced a tier below AD but putting up AD numbers.

• zpa1989

do we like saric if covington, teague and rose are all out? someone has to pick up the slack wiggins and towns can’t score all the points.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

All the people who in here vented and felt burned and said never again are playing him tonight.

• JSteele

@zpa1989 said...

do we like saric if covington, teague and rose are all out? someone has to pick up the slack wiggins and towns can’t score all the points.

Saric is in play but I’m not sure he gets extra minutes for Covington, I think Wiggins slides over to the 3 and Okogie gets the start.

• Njsum1

@underdawgs said...

Crikey, Zach Lavine is way too cheap on DK. I know the Bulls are mostly back at full strength with Dunn and Lauri (except Portis) but this is too cheap.
    The Wiz value (and potential Boston, Orlando, Minn value) make it easy to go stars ‘n scrubs but there’s a lot to like in the $6k-$8k range today.

Is Lavine too cheap? He’s $6600. It’s like saying Tim Hardaway Jr is too cheap. Sure Lavine can go out there, like THJ, and drop a 50 burger, yet that may happen 1 out of every 15 games. I haven’t looked into him for tonight specifically, so I’m not saying I like him or I don’t, yet considering the circumstance, “too cheap” isn’t the term I’d use to describe Lavine’s price with all the Bulls healthy.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

You all should be ashamed.

All those wrestling pictures, and not one mention of this:

RIP Mean Gene Okerlund.

• frugal

Hey all, hope you had a great Christmas and New Year! Few thoughts on tonight…

I have AD as the highest scoring player, but got burned last game with the late scratch. Anyone know the exact illness he sat with? Seems several players have gotten the flu and missed a few games.

I have Embiid as the 2nd highest scorer, but the knee on a B2B is a significant cause for concern. I have a gut feeling he sits.

KAT is next, but BOS is ranked 27th vs C. I realize he is almost matchup proof and a slightly non traditional C, but they’ve generally been holding C’s to well below ceiling games. I know the situation is a little different with Teague and Rose out, but last time vs BOS he averaged less than 1 FPPM. Got a feeling MIN might get blown out.

• Njsum1

@zpa1989 said...

If he starts. Thibbs hands out big minutes to his starters not named Taj Gibson. Can’t trust bench guys on the twolves, except Derrick Rose.

• JSteele

Tristan Thompson is available to play today

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

I know Porter is supposed to be back, but I’m extremely disappointed in DK’s pricing of the Wizards. Sato, Green, and Bryant are all still in the bargain bin like the last game never happened or roles haven’t changed. On top of that they’re playing the Hawks. It effects the entire dynamic of the slate. Maybe I’m just bitter over my massive losing streak, but stuff like this irritates the hell out of me. I know everyone is playing with the same hand, but it just takes the fun out of it for me.

Yeah, even after a few cocktails last night without any research the first thing I did on DK was build Wizard stacks.

• deerosa

@jess701 said...

who is that devonte graham?

Malik Monk won me some money the other day. Going with him with Lamb out.

• miggs6876

@Pandamonious said...

I know Porter is supposed to be back, but I’m extremely disappointed in DK’s pricing of the Wizards. Sato, Green, and Bryant are all still in the bargain bin like the last game never happened or roles haven’t changed. On top of that they’re playing the Hawks. It effects the entire dynamic of the slate. Maybe I’m just bitter over my massive losing streak, but stuff like this irritates the hell out of me. I know everyone is playing with the same hand, but it just takes the fun out of it for me.

Agree Panda. Fan duel is more challenging. Scored 326 last night in S1 single entry on fd. On to today.

1st thoughts… glad WSH priced up.. will once again play O WSH…….
    D Jordan 6400 too low… DONCIC 7800 TOO LOW vs Weak CHA squad…
    M Monk 3600 and Willy H 3800 will crush value
    D Booker 8300 only vs PHI
    T McConnell keeps making 6-7x+ and is STILL 3600 only.
    R Holmes will see time at 3300 vs EmBiiD is LOCKJAW should get to 25-30fpt

• wcuball29

Does Deandre Ayton smash tonight against Embiid (like he did Jokic a few nights ago) on his Bobblehead Night?

• deepfat

The big dilemma I’m having is whether to pivot off KAT who is going to be chalky to Adams who has a plus matchup vs. LAL. This would open up salary but KAT is on an epic heater right now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).