7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 1 ) at Charlotte ( -1 ) —- T: 214.5
    7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -2.5 ) at Orlando ( 2.5 ) —- T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 6.5 ) at Memphis ( -6.5 ) —- T: 200.5
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -4.5 ) at Houston ( 4.5 ) —- T: 236.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 5.5 ) at Atlanta ( -5.5 ) —- T: 203
    8:30 PM EST : Utah ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -3 ) at LA Lakers ( 3 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• xdan3220

@jtkucheck said...

Whiteside came out beasting and scored like 7 pts in the first 3 minutes getting my hopes up, rolled his ankle, scared the hell out of me that he wasn’t coming back, came back, didn’t look super interested until the 4th q. Vintage Whiteside. Has anyone else noticed that when his jersey gets untucked and stays that way, he also seems pretty disinterested in going hard for boards or being aggressive to the hoop?

Frustrating dude.

He also had 2 fouls in the first quarter which hurt his game as well, he and Lavine really sabotaged me last night. Don’t love Gobert because Dallas doesn’t get many shots blocked but I wouldn’t base it on Whiteside stinking last night.

• xdan3220

@ELopez432 said...

Hoping Carroll is out tonight. Powell at 3100 on dk I believe hes alnost a must play. Lots of value tonight makes me want to go all in on Harden which i could see 80fp any thoughts?

If Carroll is out Ross makes much more sense than Powell. Powell really isn’t a SF at 6’4 whereas Ross gets plenty of minutes at the 3 and is 6’7. Powell would probably get more run but Ross would make more sense

• JZ2318

@frugal said...

Hopefully all you Yahoo players took advantage of the Felton free square last night. When you can get a PG in a SF spot at $10 guaranteed 30+ minutes, do not pass it up! Unfortunately, Yahoo will more than likely shift him to the PG position for the weekend but if they by some chance keep him at SF don’t miss on him next time! An early look at tonight’s value:

Brandon Ingram $10 – With Deng out, in a high O/U game that Vegas thinks will be competitive, I really like Ingram tonight. He’s averaging 23.39 YFP over the last 2 weeks with a respectable 7.17 STDDEV. Ingram’s not a guy who relies solely on scoring so despite the mediocre matchup he still has a real shot at a 3X game if he draws the start.

Jordan Clarkson $12 – Clarkson is the head of the Lakers bench and saw a nice minutes bump last game with Deng out and I expect the same tonight. He’s averaged just shy of 2X over the last 2 weeks with 21.44 YFP and an 8.9 STDDEV. Looking at his logs, that is skewed slightly by the 10 minutes 9 YFP game vs MIA on Jan 6th. If you’ve watched him play at all, you know he has 30-40 YFP upside when he gets 30+ minutes

Zaza Pachulia $10 – I had him in my last writeup and he missed 2X but he’s in play tonight in the highest O/U game on the slate. He’s averaged 20.32 over the last 2 weeks with an incredibly low STDDEV of 3.54. His upside is capped, but if you need some savings at C in a stars and scrubs build he’s certainly in play.

Honorable mentions: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Nick Young, Anthony Tolliver, and Seth Curry

Always appreciate these..don’t play Yahoo much but I play the “Yahoo Cup”. You playing in that?

I also like Matty Barnes $10 with a shot a 3X tonight.

• Youngbandit09

@bfwl3434 said...

Cash game only I assume? What do you expect from him in terms of fantasy points for 8.4K?

40-50 .

• Rrich68

RG Overall Ranking

I’m guessing everybody is going to play harden instead of anthony davis. Brooklyn gives up the most blocked shots and close to the most steals in the nba. He should have double digit points from those stats alone tonight!

• Rrich68

RG Overall Ranking

@bfwl3434 said...

Cash game only I assume? What do you expect from him in terms of fantasy points for 8.4K?

Do you believe he can’t be on a winning gpp lineup with 40fps? I would disagree with that.

• frugal

@JZ2318 said...

Always appreciate these..don’t play Yahoo much but I play the “Yahoo Cup”. You playing in that?

Whoever starts for Gay is in play for sure, has Barnes been announced? I play the cup, current in 2,140 th place. I tend to throw a couple extra tournament entries in on Fridays and somehow my cup entry is almost always my lowest. Maybe I’ll get it right tonight!

• frugal

@Rrich68 said...

I’m guessing everybody is going to play harden instead of anthony davis. Brooklyn gives up the most blocked shots and close to the most steals in the nba. He should have double digit points from those stats alone tonight!

I’m playing with the idea of both in a roster.

• NarrowJ

@Rrich68 said...

Do you believe he can’t be on a winning gpp lineup with 40fps? I would disagree with that.

Probably not. If you have him getting 40 fps, that’s not even 5x, and 8400 makes up a good chunk of your total salary. If my math is good, you’d need about 8x from everybody else on your roster to get in that 350-370 range. Getting 40 fps from a guy at 8400 isn’t going to murder your lineup, but it’s not a good start. That said, I think he goes closer to 50 than 40 tonight.

• Chewy00

I got my starters for tonight I need some value/cheap players for C F G any insight as I’m fairly new to e nba scene…

• bfwl3434

Harden will see Klay defense + iggy defense today. Looking back at the last game against golden state he had about 65 fdp points. He played 46 minutes and shot 8-23 29p 15r 13a 1b 2s 7to. That game went 2 OT’s. I could see him shooting a better percentage but definitely not 46 mins. I think hes under 60fdp today.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

Well cashed in 8/22 lineups last night. Someone won $8.50 more than I entered. I usually only rock 2-6 lineups but decided to make a change. Going to try 20 line ups a night for this next week.Cant believe towns/wiggins jordan/felton/jokic/Nelson so low owned. Got burned by rubio,irving,mudiay,james johnson and way too much farried.

FD
    Onto tonight. Man o man.first of all i love making more lineups. Take a few more risks less indecision making it feels like. Tonight i’m rolling with a lot of Tolliver/Draymond/Lilliard/Jval. But here are some other plays im 20-35% on.

Schroader, Teague, Delaney
    DeRo/Tyreke, Batum, Lou, herzonja
    George, Gordon,Baze,Ingram,Hayward
    Ilyasova (only 15%)
    Zeller,Howard,

Have 15% exposure to ABC, Harden, Boogie and Durant. Just alot of value out there tonight. I’m assuming i’ll be under the field on all of those except boogie, can see him being sub10% tonight @MEM.

AGordon-
    If he matches up against ABC he’s getting minutes.Ibaka isn’t quick enough to guard him plus with the injuries just keep it close until the 4th and I can see 7x easily

Herzonja!!! – Have him at 20%. Kid can ball if given a chance. Let him see 20 minutes tonight and i’ll be a happy man. Can see him getting run either way if orlando is competitive it’s bench will have to score with the rotation kidd uses.With the injuries he’s a lock for 15min. Everything else is up in the air. They mentioned cj watson could slide to starting sg. Would be nice to see that or cj wilcox announced as starting. That’s my sneaky punt play play.

Delaney – Have him paired up with schroader in a few. Love the matchup the bulls run alot of small guard sets with there second unit and the strategy behind the pairing I expect a bit of a bounce back for the hawks on their home floor almost a mini playoff like atmosphere (i say mini because GSW/HOU). Pairing them together on FD is 9,900 I like there chances of getting 60 (40/20) better than Curry or even Lowry against kemba tonight.

Zeller – Don’t ask me why.
    No honestly, I just really like this matchup. Feel it’s going to be competitive. Lot’s of shot’s thrown up in this one and he’s almost a lock for 10 rebounds. Has a mark in steals and blocks last 4/5 games. Sneaky play but feels safe for min 5x just needs to see that 30 minute mark. Facing Toronto he’s averaging 7.6pts 5reb 1.1ast .9blk over 8 games 20.8 minutes a game. Shooting 52.4% from the floor. This year he had 26 minutes 12pts 7reb 1blk 0TO. JVal only played 20 minutes that game and put up 12pt 8reb 1blk 2stl ;)

JVal – See the last Sentence

Best of luck to everyone.

• whitemamba86

@Rrich68 said...

im guess u want to play a person who falls down when someone looks at him. that guy will prob get hurt

• BUFUu2

@JimKronlund said...

Swafford -3 today just took lead outright -10

I started him in golf

• bfwl3434

@Rrich68 said...

If you want to win a large GPP no. If you want to cash yes that’s fine as long as your other plays are solid.

• DirkDigglerz

@JZ2318 said...

I play Yahoo cup too bro 536th/ 121,322 https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/multi-round/17/400116 I finally figure it out bro if you score 300 consistently you’ll win the CUP I’m playing half safe lineups works well. I say play Ingram or RHJ for more upside

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@bfwl3434 said...

Well, Embiid has gone 42, 50, 40, 42 his last 4 games. 42 would be 5x, 50 would be 6x. Portland is one of the worst teams in the NBA on the interior. His floor is around 35 and his ceiling is probably 55. Even if he has a floor game he won’t hurt you.

He is a rare high-floor/high-ceiling guy. If it lowers his ownership because of the minutes restriction thats even better for GPP.

• fanturds

@jon2anderson said...

I like Klay Thompson a little bit against the Rockets.. that line is surprisingly close, Golden State only favored by 4.5? Seems like anyone from that game is in play. Think I’ll also fire up CJ Watson with nobody to play SG for the Magic. Lots of good value at SG today, at least on DK.

Also my wife and I are going to spend $100-$150 this weekend on something we don’t need but would be fun to have, but we have no idea what. Any thoughts?

Cocaine

• damionismyname

@Cooper08 said...

Thoughts on Gobert? Two consecutive 50 plus games on DK. Has been consistent all year. Only 7.1k vs Dallas. Should easily get 35 and upwards as Dallas doesn’t have anyone who can contain his rebounding. Could get 20 easily. Or am I overthinking and he will just hit around 35 DK points as there won’t be as many shots?

thought the same about Shitside yesterday and look how that turned out.

• erizos17

@fanturds said...

Cocaine

I lol’ed but it does make sense

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@damionismyname said...

thought the same about Shitside yesterday and look how that turned out.

Big difference in how Gobert and Whiteside are playing, Gobert playing very well.

• TrustinthePlan

Anyone else thinking about putting Beverly and Curry in the same lineup? I think both could have great games tonight. Last game if I remember right, Harden didn’t do much till the overtimes. Klay and Iggy, and even Durant played decent defense on the beard.

• hoffs812

Trying to decide between one of the following similarly priced players in FD cash as being part of my core: Saric, Barnes, Ingram, Ross, Nirotic or Tolliver? Any thoughts on safest out of this group to hit value?

• tim51278

Tonight’s gonna come down to the scrubs. KD and Harden gonna be like 65% owned

• Rrich68

RG Overall Ranking

@whitemamba86 said...

im guess u want to play a person who falls down when someone looks at him. that guy will prob get hurt

I hope everyone thinks that way. Be nice to get him at less than 10% ownership. Especially when he out scores harden at like 35%.
    If you were in control of a superstar like davis I’m sure you would be extra cautious too. The team still has kid gloves and he may still be a bit undersized. But today he is a great play.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.