7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Indiana ( -1.5 ) — T: 219
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3.5 ) at Toronto ( -3.5 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Atlanta ( -6 ) — T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( -4 ) at Minnesota ( 4 ) — T:
    9:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( -5.5 ) at Houston ( 5.5 ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 10.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -10.5 ) — T: 231.5
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) — T: 221.5
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 1.5 ) at Golden State ( -1.5 ) — T: 226.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@zline34 said...

This slate was petfect until the postponement. Lots of spicy traps. Would have shipped everyrhing in NHL if i had the correct goalie, but im retired and back to the real sport. Vuc is spicy.

Nice!….did you stack or go one offs?

Tbh…I stack in Hockey for correlation yet also because I don’t know the players or the matchups well enough to pick one offs. Works well enough…..some nights…haha

Edit…if I have a lineup I like…I’ll often rotate a few goalies in there. Goalies are less predictable than people think, so if I hit on the right skaters, I want a chance to get one up top with the right goalie.

• BiGtIGeRs

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

That’s likely where I will end up as well. But that damn voice in the back of my head… lol.

Classic dfs Drummond will hit 70 at low ownership

• zline34

@Njsum1 said...

Nice!….did you stack or go one offs?

Tbh…I stack in Hockey for correlation yet also because I don’t know the players or the matchups well enough to pick one offs. Works well enough…..some nights…haha

I did a mixtute of both but my one offs were my best lineups. Complete luck. Unfortuately I had no clue Jayzee played hockey and we had the same goalie. Well you know how that goes.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #13

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Do you think that Stephs ownership goes way up now since he’s the easy pivot right below Dame? That’s the move I made but I think everyone else will too.

Problem with Steph is the Clippers, Raptors and Pacers shut him down by just entirely focusing their defense on him and getting up on him with doubles and not allowing him to shoot. I feel like if any Coach is going to replicate that it is Pop. I want to like Curry but I just don’t know, in all of those previous games mentioned I had him as a hammer and felt pretty dumb for falling for it each time. If Oubre can’t hit open shots, Steph is literally their entire offense and it is rather easy to game plan against them. Wish they would give D Lee more run, he is a baller and can fill it up. Think I just rather find the 1k extra and get up to Luka or maybe even drop down to Trae.

• wesdaco

In response to some of the talk in last night’s threads of “bad rotogrinders projections” :

It doesn’t make sense why businesses like Rotogrinders, Rotowire, Rotoballer, Numberfire, etc. WOULDN’T fudge their projection numbers to skew the results of crowd. There’s just too much money up top to not do it. One big tourney win is worth like 30,000 subscriptions. Just like back in my poker days – the pros would be hesitant to share their full thoughts on the twoplustwo boards in fear of being too transparent at the tables (where their direct competition would use this information against them). I also remember the early days of solvers where only the best players in the world had them because they were the only ones that could afford the development teams to create them.

Don’t believe me? Here is a semi-direct quote from Alex Baker in one of his early YouTube round tables where they promoted Awesemo.com – “What I’m giving everyone is not my exact projections because doing so would also kill my edge in the games I play. But they’re pretty good and definitely good enough for people to win with.”

My best guess of what he and the other projection sites do is: they have their exclusive projection model (the one they actually use in the games), then they apply some classic randomness to the results (either 5-10% in either direction), and then post those for everybody to use. This way, their projections are close enough to get subscribers (and give people some random wins), but far enough away to not hurt their edge.

To me, this doesn’t matter. Part of the fun is improving your skills, projections and output. I already assume no single projection system is the best out there and guys like youdacao, Awesemo, moklovin, papagates and ChipotleAddict are already doing their own thing. The people getting angry at this are mostly beginners and I can see why it’s so frustrating. But it’s a high variance/high rake game regardless – and even with the best projections, most people are going to lose more than they win.

• Njsum1

@zline34 said...

I had no clue Jayzee played hockey and we had the same goalie. Well you know how that goes

Lmao

• Njsum1

@ImADonk11 said...

Problem with Steph is the Clippers, Raptors and Pacers shut him down by just entirely focusing their defense on him and getting up on him with doubles and not allowing him to shoot. I feel like if any Coach is going to replicate that it is Pop. I want to like Curry but I just don’t know, in all of those previous games mentioned I had him as a hammer and felt pretty dumb for falling for it each time. If Oubre can’t hit open shots, Steph is literally their entire offense and it is rather easy to game plan against them. Wish they would give D Lee more run, he is a baller and can fill it up. Think I just rather find the 1k extra and get up to Luka or maybe even drop down to Trae.

Yeah, I’m afraid of that. Pop is smart, he’ll do that. I’ll still play Steph in one.

Like Oubre. Minutes trending up.

• Njsum1

@wesdaco said...

But it’s a high variance/high rake game regardless – and even with the best projections, most people are going to lose more than they

The edge is in figuring out where the projections are wrong. Either overvaluing or undervaluing a play.

• billythekidcowboysheat

On the postponement, was having trouble deciding on clarke.

No ja, back to the drawing board on pgs.

• Brendan239

2 FD LUs. Crowder/McBuckets in 1 of em. Capela C, Embid C

• Joeyrockland1

@monarch said...

From what I understand Jarret Allen wanted to stay and BKN fought like hell to not include him in the package for James Harden. I think he is CLE center of the future and Drummond will be traded before too long.

Irving for Drummond……..

• ifthethunder

@frugal said...

Damn… postponed MEM/POR really does send me back to the drawing board.

I had 5 from that one. And even worse, two of them were my sub-4,000 punts (DK).
    ~

• frugal

@wesdaco said...

I also remember the early days of solvers where only the best players in the world had them because they were the only ones that could afford the development teams to create them.

If by solver you literally mean a knapsack solver (given objects of value, what is the maximum value able to fit within a ruleset), lp_solve is open source and has been openly available since 2006 and there are many available today on a number of platforms. If paying for others to do your projections doesn’t float your boat, roll your own.

• zline34

Jordan vs Drummond. They are the same player do they cancel each other out?

• RipCityRings

DET/ATL is going to be the key now. It sucks that Delon is so bad, because:

D’Lo: 31/3/7/4/1
    Dame: 36/7/7/1
    Mitchell: 26/3/4/3
    Isaiah Joe: 18/2/4/2 (67% shooting)
    Rozier: 24/4/2/4
    LaMelo: 22/12/11/1

Rose is probably the better play here, but that Trae D is impossible not to target. Grant also demands to be played. Just crazy how many bleals ATL gives up in addition to scoring.

• Joeyrockland1

@mbunner23 said...

You mean Goat ROCO.

Portland plays Memphis my man.

This never gets old…..seems like 2 years now.

• mbunner23

@RipCityRings said...

DET/ATL is going to be the key now. It sucks that Delon is so bad, because:

D’Lo: 31/3/7/4/1
    Dame: 36/7/7/1
    Mitchell: 26/3/4/3
    Isaiah Joe: 18/2/4/2 (67% shooting)
    Rozier: 24/4/2/4
    LaMelo: 22/12/11/1

Rose is probably the better play here, but that Trae D is impossible not to target. Grant also demands to be played. Just crazy how many bleals ATL gives up in addition to scoring.

Agreed, I may play Rose, Grant, and Plumlee in the same lineup.

• feekdogg

I feel like I’m getting set up to get torched bad by Capela on FD. Seems way too obvious.

• monarch

Embiid top spend up? He kills the Celtics

• realphipps

@Joeyrockland1 said...

This never gets old…..seems like 2 years now.

If Durant wasn’t a Top 25 player in 2018, does that make him a fringe role player in 2020?

• Brendan239

Oh boy, Danny Green time?

• wesdaco

@frugal said...

If by solver you literally mean a knapsack solver (given objects of value, what is the maximum value able to fit within a ruleset), lp_solve is open source and has been openly available since 2006 and there are many available today on a number of platforms. If paying for others to do your projections doesn’t float your boat, roll your own.

Was talking poker GTO solvers

• achesley711

I’m all in on Huerter tonight.

• Pidinolo

@frugal said...

Has nothing to do with paying for projections. Has everything to do with the majority of users on any random site believing those projections are anywhere near accurate on a constant basis, or that they account for variance. Considering both those factors and including the fact that the average subscriber has little to no understanding of how to adapt those projections to a gto approach is pretty much it in a nutshell.

• jayzee666

@zline34 said...

I did a mixtute of both but my one offs were my best lineups. Complete luck. Unfortuately I had no clue Jayzee played hockey and we had the same goalie. Well you know how that goes.

Lol
    I should put a disclaimer out there.
    I play everything that has achievements and only requires no more than $1 worth of entries! No MMA for me so you should play that!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).