• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 1.5 ) at New Orleans ( -1.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 5.5 ) at Cleveland ( -5.5 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -1.5 ) at Denver ( 1.5 ) —- T: 195.5
    10:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 1 ) at Sacramento ( -1 ) —- T: 216.5
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -14.5 ) at Phoenix ( 14.5 ) —- T: 200.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• gillionick

Keep ending up with a lot of Memphis and Denver and I like my lineup.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

I hope that tonight, after Boban feasts on Phoenix we get another “I must enjoy” quote. If you haven’t seen it, google it, it is pretty damn hilarious. Honestly I can see that Phoenix game being over by end of first quarter, only players I would consider from that matchup are Booker (he is young enough that blow out will not have him sit) and PJ Tucker from Phoenix (Tucker because they are so thin at PF he might get minutes not matter what in a small ball lineup). On the SA side I love Boban but I refuse to go nuts on him like so many did yesterday with Powell and with Parker ruled out you have to think that Mills should get his. It is a coin flip between West and Diaw so I would rather throw in 2 – 3 of the previous mentioned in a stack with high end guys then take my chances on which one of West and Diaw Pop decides to ride. Also please check out my blog on this site with my top three picks at each position and like and/or comment. I just began the blog and feedback is much appreciated.

• TheZ0diac

@bigstacks2015 said...

dam you Dwight powell!

This X 10

• savant111

Sorry for the super noob question. I have two line-ups that currently consist of mostly different players in it.

On a short slate like this is it dumb to both LU in a 50/50 or H2H? (I.e does one LU cashing mean the other one probably won’t cash)

Am I better off just picking one line up I think has a higher floor? If playing 2 NBA line-ups in cash on a 5 game slate is bad, how many games need to be in the slate for two cash line-ups to be acceptable?

Thanks and sorry if this is dumb question.

• Capone1233

SG is a mess tonight. Gross. Gary Harris i guess.

• onepinrodney

@keephustlincuz said...

I think there needs to clarification from Phoenix. Are they going to have any PF to play the game?
    I can see SA resting people tonight.
    Release the Boban.

Looks like Tyson Chandler might get a lot of minutes.

• keephustlincuz

@onepinrodney said...

Looks like Tyson Chandler might get a lot of minutes.

Chandler at C and Len at PF. LOL.

• bigticket

@Sixersfan said...

So how many players are going to be mentioned today that will completely flop? Almost every nba player in the league

Agree then the experts said shy away from Harden and look how he went off for triple double. KCP was going to stifle him lol. But keep on recommending Gorgui Dieng as a good play when he only gets 15-20 minutes a game. I can’t even follow this site picks or recommendations much more the information here is bs. I read for entertainment now.

• ItzJamesFTW

Jrue is going to be a popular play tonight. Along with Patty Mills with Parker out.

I think Boban sees 18-20 minutes tonight as the Suns have no one to stop bigs. Could see more minutes than that if they rest Duncan, but they haven’t played in four days so not sure they would. Great value regardless, though still risky. Just note that Cauley Stein is only $200 more and probably the more optimal play.

PJ Tucker, though in an unfavorable match up, may see 40+ minutes tonight.

Boogie is on fire and still not probably not priced high enough BUT AD is $600 cheaper. Choose your own adventure.

If you believe in the hot hand then Reddick is the play at a weaker SG position tonight. If you believe in DvP then Korver would be your guy.

• onepinrodney

@superbuckwild said...

I hope that tonight, after Boban feasts on Phoenix we get another “I must enjoy” quote. If you haven’t seen it, google it, it is pretty damn hilarious. Honestly I can see that Phoenix game being over by end of first quarter, only players I would consider from that matchup are Booker (he is young enough that blow out will not have him sit) and PJ Tucker from Phoenix (Tucker because they are so thin at PF he might get minutes not matter what in a small ball lineup). On the SA side I love Boban but I refuse to go nuts on him like so many did yesterday with Powell and with Parker ruled out you have to think that Mills should get his. It is a coin flip between West and Diaw so I would rather throw in 2 – 3 of the previous mentioned in a stack with high end guys then take my chances on which one of West and Diaw Pop decides to ride. Also please check out my blog on this site with my top three picks at each position and like and/or comment. I just began the blog and feedback is much appreciated.

Be careful with Mills, the last time Parker was out (vs Utah) he got 2 assists. Yes, that’s it, not even a free throw.

• nrgreve

I like pairing Boogie and Brow today. I only do GPP’s on slates like today so I’m gonna throw in some punts like Len, CauleyStein, and Danny green. Also like Jamal Crawford tonight he comes up big in big games. KCP and Morris also nice plays with Illyasova locked up by Brow.

• Capone1233

CP3 seems like a must play without Blake. I’d rather play him over Brow/LBJ

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@bigticket said...

Agree then the experts said shy away from Harden and look how he went off for triple double. KCP was going to stifle him lol. But keep on recommending Gorgui Dieng as a good play when he only gets 15-20 minutes a game. I can’t even follow this site picks or recommendations much more the information here is bs. I read for entertainment now.

How many experts are really giving you their top plays? We don’t trust the media for so many reasons, so why do we put so much trust into listening to high profile experts who want to give us advice in the very same MONEY games they play in. We should really take the advice with a grain of salt. I don’t do this for a living so when I blog my picks I am literally just seeing if anyone else agrees with me, same as these postings. It is not about influencing the general public lol. Every expert out there was saying stay away from Harden yesterday and stay away from Wall facing Miami. I understand matchups, but when a guy like Wall or Harden chuck as many shots as they do, whether they are defended or not, they continue to chuck and some will fall. They also get fantasy points through their own blocks, steals etc… that contribute and FG per doesn’t count… Both times I missed out on these guys because of tough matchups. From now on, I will look at matchups mostly for the extra positive it may contribute as opposed to the negative impact, because frankly, I guy like Harden and Wall can go off on any given night no matter what!

• bstreich9

Patty Mills sucks. Even with extended minutes he barely sniffs 20 points

• kmart35

Had 1 LU yesterday with a Rondo/Gay/Cousins stack almost as a joke… ended with my highest score

• dailyfinancialsports

@Chief1Champion said...

Jrue holiday play of the day. Gordon out and tyreke is gimpy. Can boogie keep it going? AD looking to have a big night? Spurs in a blowout, will Boban make an appearance? Will the cavs slow down the clippers? Clippers playing small ball now using the Warriors recipe for success. Drummond with a big game tonight? Grizz at nuggets, has Barton price came down enough with his production? Questions that need answers….

…on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

• MarcusEffect

@savant111 said...

Sorry for the super noob question. I have two line-ups that currently consist of mostly different players in it.

On a short slate like this is it dumb to both LU in a 50/50 or H2H? (I.e does one LU cashing mean the other one probably won’t cash)

Am I better off just picking one line up I think has a higher floor? If playing 2 NBA line-ups in cash on a 5 game slate is bad, how many games need to be in the slate for two cash line-ups to be acceptable?

I wouldn’t say it’s dumb to have two lineups. A lot of people run just one cash game lineups, but some people run several. Actually scrolling through the $10 double up yesterday maxdalury had multiple different lineups in that contest.

I would be sure to disperse the entries evenly between the two lineups. Running two lineups can be a good way to hedge yourself in case one busts, but it can also hinder you if one should go off.

So pros and cons to each. I prefer to run one lineup in cash games to maximize profit should it happen to cash.

I’d also study each lineup and compare to see if there are certain players in each that you really like, and are able to merge into one solid lineup.

• dailyfinancialsports

@bigticket said...

Agree then the experts said shy away from Harden and look how he went off for triple double

He got the triple double because Howard didn’t play. You have to remember that hindsight is 20/20. I can 100% guarantee that if before the game everyone knew Howard would not play, Harden would have been touted as a must play by everyone.

• MarcusEffect

@dailyfinancialsports said...

…on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Hahah. This really amused me.

• dominicanpapi

@superbuckwild said...

How many experts are really giving you their top plays? We don’t trust the media for so many reasons, so why do we put so much trust into listening to high profile experts who want to give us advice in the very same MONEY games they play in. We should really take the advice with a grain of salt. I don’t do this for a living so when I blog my picks I am literally just seeing if anyone else agrees with me, same as these postings. It is not about influencing the general public lol. Every expert out there was saying stay away from Harden yesterday and stay away from Wall facing Miami. I understand matchups, but when a guy like Wall or Harden chuck as many shots as they do, whether they are defended or not, they continue to chuck and some will fall. They also get fantasy points through their own blocks, steals etc… that contribute and FG per doesn’t count… Both times I missed out on these guys because of tough matchups. From now on, I will look at matchups mostly for the extra positive it may contribute as opposed to the negative impact, because frankly, I guy like Harden and Wall can go off on any given night no matter what!

Someone said this on one of these threads like a week or two ago, pay attention to what they don’t say moreso than what they are saying. Trust your research, I took Harden out of 3 lineups last night b/c I kinda went all in on Thompson and Butler. Realistically, Butler is probably an 8k type of guy rather than a 9100 type of guy. I broke even, so I’m not sweating it but I probably could have made some money if I trusted my gut more.

• kmart35

@savant111 said...

This 100% depends on the person.. I sometimes like to play 6 or 7 lineups with similar players in Cash games knowing that I normally hit on about 60% of them. This way (my logic at least) I minimize the risk of a big loss because of one dud while still having the chance to win 5 or 6

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

@superbuckwild said...

This is what I have been thinking. A so-called expert is not going to give you the sho nuff, sho nuff must play. I have found that when they say stay off them they usually go for big fpts.

• Dgogal7

@TJRhodes said...

Every day I write down the expert picks for that days slate from every source I can find. The next day I’ll look at the optimal lineup to see what source had mentioned the most players. Out of the 6 expert analysis I found yesterday, only one listed a player that ended up being in the optimal lineup for the night.

The real question is did the experts actually play those guys in lineups or go contrarion to gain an edge! Hmmmm. Always make ya wonder

• DirkDigglerz

What works best for you in Cash Games Stars and scrubs or a balance lineup?

• ttran28

Asik punt tonight? Could see 20+ mins b/c who else is gonna guard Drum

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).