Comments

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -.5 ) at Milwaukee ( .5 ) — T: 228.5
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6.5 ) at Utah ( -6.5 ) — T: 217
    10:00 PM EST : New York ( ) at Golden State ( ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

Quickley-Fever!

• Randallus

@866 said...

Quickley-Fever!

Idk. Sooooo much going on in that backfield. Rivers doubtful, Burks probable, Quickley there, Bullock there, Payton there.

My guess is Burks takes the minutes (and then some) that Rivers (if he sits) leaves behind. For me, Payton and Quickley are the only two I would consider, and I find myself landing on Payton a lot more than Quickley.

Burks at 5800 to me is almost unplayable if not for the lack of options. 5800 for an injured player returning on potential minutes restriction who basically averaged 5x his salary when he was healthy. I have zero faith in Burks at that price tag.

• BazookaDad

@866 said...

Quickley-Fever!

You’re off almost every night on your picks, no offense.

• bazerko

Come on now, it’s too early for the negativity. If he likes Quickley tonight, he likes Quickley.

• Joeyrockland1

@Randallus said...

Idk. Sooooo much going on in that backfield. Rivers doubtful, Burks probable, Quickley there, Bullock there, Payton there.

My guess is Burks takes the minutes (and then some) that Rivers (if he sits) leaves behind. For me, Payton and Quickley are the only two I would consider, and I find myself landing on Payton a lot more than Quickley.

Burks at 5800 to me is almost unplayable if not for the lack of options. 5800 for an injured player returning on potential minutes restriction who basically averaged 5x his salary when he was healthy. I have zero faith in Burks at that price tag.

I think a guy like Know because of his size will be needed vs. golden state .I watched them last nite . They will push the pace . Small guards can’t guard Oubre or Wiggins. meant to type Kevin Knox.

• Theguy49503

@bazerko said...

Come on now, it’s too early for the negativity. If he likes Quickley tonight, he likes Quickley.

Yea, it’s a message board and he’s giving his opinion not giving advice…. I thought that’s what these forums were for 🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

• superjon

@Theguy49503 said...

Yea, it’s a message board and he’s giving his opinion not giving advice…. I thought that’s what these forums were for 🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

To a point.

But it should also (and mostly) be about learning and getting better. Anyone can come in here and start spouting off names of bad plays. Not saying that’s what 866 does (I honestly haven’t paid much attention to his posts), but there are definitely people that do that, and it doesn’t benefit anyone.

• Theguy49503

@superjon said...

To a point.

But it should also (and mostly) be about learning and getting better. Anyone can come in here and start spouting off names of bad plays. Not saying that’s what 866 does (I honestly haven’t paid much attention to his posts), but there are definitely people that do that, and it doesn’t benefit anyone.

Totally agree. And I have seen a few of 866 posts but none that lead me to believe he fits the narrative of what your speaking about.

• ELopez432

Placed 12th place at 377.25 in the 500K Excellent 8’s with D.Rose only giving me 20.25 smh. I’m going to bring that gpp down, oh yes she will be mine

• bazerko

I agree it’s a message board. I think it would have been more helpful if the person who posted the comment said how come Quickley is not a good play, versus saying “you’re almost always off on your picks”.

It’s a forum to share opinions about basketball and DFS strategy, so yes most nights people’s picks are going to flop. But I’d rather read insight into how come a pick is not a good one versus just a “no” without any context.

• monarch

866 is good people. As is Brendan and various others who come on here to throw stuff against the wall. I do the same so if I say I really like Anthony Davis seven hours before lock there is a really high chance that I dont like him at lock. But it took me a long time to figure out all the various posters on here so I get it from both perspectives.

• dominicanpapi

Last game it looked like Rivers was Bullock’s immediate backup. They got a 30/18 split, Quickley was Payton’s backup. So if we’re expecting Burks back, I would assume he gets anywhere from 18-20 minutes. He hasn’t played in a month though, so he could be restricted himself.

I think Quickley is a fringe play. It would be great if Burks didn’t play b/c then you assume Quickley gets at least 20 minutes. But with the way things are set up, he’s probably getting 16-18.

• superjon

@monarch said...

866 is good people. As is Brendan and various others who come on here to throw stuff against the wall. I do the same so if I say I really like Anthony Davis seven hours before lock there is a really high chance that I dont like him at lock. But it took me a long time to figure out all the various posters on here.

But AD isn’t really an off the wall play. So you can mention you like him and not need to provide any context.

I’m talking about the people that will come here and start touting someone like Wanamaker.

• got9forya

So with Burks coming back who minutes is he going to steal from? I am liking Randal and ABC and starting my build from their. Will Wiseman do the same as last night? I believe so. The rest of the Centers on FD look like garbage and I dont see the need to pay up for Gobert. Any insight?

• dominicanpapi

@got9forya said...

So with Burks coming back who minutes is he going to steal from? I am liking Randal and ABC and starting my build from their. Will Wiseman do the same as last night? I believe so. The rest of the Centers on FD look like garbage and I dont see the need to pay up for Gobert. Any insight?

I’m guessing he’s Bullock’s backup.

• karonica

i was thinking gobert/randle/wiseman then taking it from there could also be a paschasll night he would be able to at least try to stop randle

• bazerko

You can take the 18 mins from Rivers and give them to Burks, plus take a couple minutes off of: Toppin (9 mins last game) and Knox (10 mins last game), which if there are no restrictions, could put Burks at about 25-28 minutes

• gaelicgirl

@karonica said...

i was thinking gobert/randle/wiseman then taking it from there could also be a paschasll night he would be able to at least try to stop randle

Haven’t seen any Knicks games yet this year. Does Randle play with the second unit?

• frugal

Wait…why are we doubting Quickley, because of Burks being back? Quickley’s gone 7x+ current DK salary in 3 of the last 5 flashing a 1.3 to 1.5 FPPM capability. I doubt Burks is going to play big minutes first game back and feel it’s more likely that Barrett, Bullock, Knox, and Rivers (doubtful tonight) all see a few less minutes than Quickley’s minutes go to 0.

• frugal

@gaelicgirl said...

Haven’t seen any Knicks games yet this year. Does Randle play with the second unit?

The Knicks run close to a true 5 man sub, but Randle’s been playing upper 30’s, sometimes over 40 minutes, so there is some overlap with the bench most games.

• xwalker5

Not touching Quickley today due to price + all the potential minute stealers on the Knicks

And am I trippin thinkin that Marc Gasol matches up perfectly with BroLo? Haven’t played Gasol once this year due to minutes, but I’m heavily considering it tonight…

• monarch

Randle looks like a smash play to me. I can offer my reasoning if needed.

• frugal

@xwalker5 said...

Not touching Quickley today due to price + all the potential minute stealers on the Knicks

And am I trippin thinkin that Marc Gasol matches up perfectly with BroLo? Haven’t played Gasol once this year due to minutes, but I’m heavily considering it tonight…

Gasol has a hard minutes cap due to Harrell. On a good night they split minutes, but typically Harrel plays more with Gasol seeing closer to 20. Not in consideration for me.

• Bodiaz36

All this mention of playing Quickley, Burks, etc…I’m perfectly fine playing Reggie Bullock at 3,600 on FD. Minutes have been secure enough, and the production slightly up. Have to spend down somewhere to jam In studs you want

• frugal

@monarch said...

Randle looks like a smash play to me. I can offer my reasoning if needed.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).