7:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -1.5 ) at New York ( 1.5 ) —- T: 203
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 3 ) at Boston ( -3 ) —- T: 207
    7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -5 ) at Brooklyn ( 5 ) —- T: 189
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -14.5 ) at LA Lakers ( 14.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    10:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 13 ) at Golden State ( -13 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• cjk3314

The worst part about missing the cash line (261.5) by 0.5 pts was having to watch Deandre Jordan miss 9 free throws last night

• Sjv

Seems to be getting harder in cash games. A lot of inconsistencies with players. Been cold the last two weeks. Anyone else think so?

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@Sjv said...

Seems to be getting harder in cash games. A lot of inconsistencies with players. Been cold the last two weeks. Anyone else think so?

It gets MUCH MUCH worse after All-Star break. I’m a cash game player and went strictly GPP’s last season after the break.

• BphillzMSU

All in on the Capela train…

• mikeclark2875

Whats you guys think about jabari parker tonight?

• teachmehowtocutty

@BphillzMSU said...

All in on the Capela train…

More tjones for me. On fd im not going to stack pf with both capela and tjones so its either or. Jones has a much higher usage rate and more upside.

• jthomas33

I actually have been on a hot streak. Cashed the last 9 out of 10 days. BOOGIE has a lot to do with that.

• malazanjohn

Here are my bottom 5 plays for tonight – it’s based on projected team PPG, pace, matchup, and a few other things:

Bottom 5

1. T. Young
    2. L. Williams
    3. Any Lakers SF
    4. J. Randle
    5. Any Clippers SF

As a rule, any time the Spurs play a good portion of the bottom 5 will be their opponents. I didn’t post it yesterday because the bottom 5 was all the Suns.

• Bay101

Any chance of NBA games being canceled because of blizzard

• jthomas33

@malazanjohn said...

Here are my bottom 5 plays for tonight – it’s based on projected team PPG, pace, matchup, and a few other things:

Bottom 5

1. T. Young
    2. L. Williams
    3. Any Lakers SF
    4. J. Randle
    5. Any Clippers SF

As a rule, any time the Spurs play a good portion of the bottom 5 will be their opponents. I didn’t post it yesterday because the bottom 5 was all the Suns.

Was Booker in your bottom 5?

• DirkDigglerz

@malazanjohn said...

Bottom 5

1. T. Young
    2. L. Williams
    3. Any Lakers SF
    4. J. Randle
    5. Any Clippers SF

Bottom 5 means? Those guys will suck?

• malazanjohn

Yeah, he was. It’s not infallible. But 80% of the time it works every time.

It doesn’t account for garbage time, minutes, or anything subjective. It just lets me know, based on matchup, pace, and some other things, who is going to have a difficult time hitting or exceeding value.

• teachmehowtocutty

@jthomas33 said...

I actually have been on a hot streak. Cashed the last 9 out of 10 days. BOOGIE has a lot to do with that.

Same here. Ill keep playing boogie till hes over 11k.

• teachmehowtocutty

@mikeclark2875 said...

Terrence jones and kaminsky are better plays

• JHols1nger

@mikeclark2875 said...

Like him a lot against a Rockets front court missing Dwight.

• crazypaul

The last few nights have been a complete disaster for me. Guys who are normally dependable are just crapping out, and somehow I keep rostering guys who get injured early in the game. Hoping things turn around tonight.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

So excited I actually finished tied for 4th in the 100k 1$ NBA Swat last night and got $850.

This was my lineup:
    Chris Paul
    Norris Cole
    Devin Booker
    Courtney Lee
    Lebron James
    Omri Casspi
    Paul Millsap
    Anthony Davis
    Will Cauley-Stein

331.6 points first place was 334.7 for $10,000. It was my 3rd top 15 finish in a 1 or 2 dollar GPP in last 2 months so really excited. I was hoping that Sac game would go into OT to get more out of Casspi since he wasn’t owned by guys ahead of me.

For tonight’s games I am all over Turner in a high pace game against Warriors of Mahinini is out again because I don’t think Jordan Hill can keep up with the warriors and Turner has been on fire. I also really love Middleton as a pretty safe guy to hit value against Houston for cash games and think that Pau Gasol should come back from a stinker to play awesome against a Boston front court that give up a lot to opposing big men. He might also be under owned because of the stinker he put up. As always, as I have blogged on this site this week, I will continue to roll with Chris Paul as long as Griffin is out, the guy is just killing it right now.

Finally, 4 teams I am going to try to avoid on a night with so many games like this and because of their situations are Miami, Charlotte, San Antonio and Orlando.

Miami: Too many injuries and players potentially playing out of position to really determine real value and with so many people out a guy like Bosh might not get to value because they can zero in on him or Toronto blows them out.

Charlotte: Lots of potential for sneaky upside picks, but just too unpredictable in my opinion with so many injuries. If it was a 4 – 5 game slate I would say roll the dice, but with so many combinations of players even if you randomly hit a Charlotte upside what are the chances you rolled him in with the right combo.

Orlando: I hate Skiles. He is a moron (borderline idiot)

San Antonio: second of a b2b and both games against the two crappies teams in the league right now. All starters off limits and who knows what Pop does?

What do you guys think?

• kiarahataly

Had my absolute best night yesterday. Thank you, Phoenix. Today, for me, it’s all about Capela and Milwaukee.

• JackLotte

Somehow cashed half of my 50/50 with PJ Tucker in my lineup

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

@superbuckwild said...

So excited I actually finished tied for 4th in the 100k 1$ NBA Swat last night and got $850.

This was my lineup:
    Chris Paul
    Norris Cole
    Devin Booker
    Courtney Lee
    Lebron James
    Omri Casspi
    Paul Millsap
    Anthony Davis
    Will Cauley-Stein

331.6 points first place was 334.7 for $10,000. It was my 3rd top 15 finish in a 1 or 2 dollar GPP in last 2 months so really excited. I was hoping that Sac game would go into OT to get more out of Casspi since he wasn’t owned by guys ahead of me.

For tonight’s games I am all over Turner in a high pace game against Warriors of Mahinini is out again because I don’t think Jordan Hill can keep up with the warriors and Turner has been on fire. I also really love Middleton as a pretty safe guy to hit value against Houston for cash games and think that Pau Gasol should come back from a stinker to play awesome against a Boston front court that give up a lot to opposing big men. He might also be under owned because of the stinker he put up. As always, as I have blogged on this site this week, I will continue to roll with Chris Paul as long as Griffin is out, the guy is just killing it right now.

Finally, 4 teams I am going to try to avoid on a night with so many games like this and because of their situations are Miami, Charlotte, San Antonio and Orlando.

Miami: Too many injuries and players potentially playing out of position to really determine real value and with so many people out a guy like Bosh might not get to value because they can zero in on him or Toronto blows them out.

Charlotte: Lots of potential for sneaky upside picks, but just too unpredictable in my opinion with so many injuries. If it was a 4 – 5 game slate I would say roll the dice, but with so many combinations of players even if you randomly hit a Charlotte upside what are the chances you rolled him in with the right combo.

San Antonio: second of a b2b and both games against the two crappies teams in the league right now. All starters off limits and who knows what Pop does?

What do you guys think?

Nice job I really like your blog too. I cashed in the 4k layup. Missed on WCS had Koufos instead. But I’m missing on one player where it used to be 2 or 3.

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

@superbuckwild said...

This was my lineup:
    Chris Paul
    Norris Cole
    Devin Booker
    Courtney Lee
    Lebron James
    Omri Casspi
    Paul Millsap
    Anthony Davis
    Will Cauley-Stein

What do you guys think?

I like Kemba with Batum being out. If he gets off to a good start shooting the ball he could have a 45-50 pt. night.

• dominicanpapi

I thought I was going to be slick and try and stack Harden/Giannis/Middleton but FD moved Middleton to shooting guard.

• dangerb407

FD finally moved Middleton to SG but also kept Greek freak at SG instead of switching him to SF…

• JHols1nger

@coach232 said...

I like Kemba with Batum being out. If he gets off to a good start shooting the ball he could have a 45-50 pt. night.

I think Frank is the best play from Charlotte, minutes are solidified with Zeller out and averaging around 5.5x on FD over his last 6 games.

• landos

Anybody else feeling Zinger against Clips? Clips on B2B, plus matchup against Paul Pierce! I doubt Zinger has foul trouble.

I like Pau to bounce back but can’t afford him- rolling with Steph/CP3 and chalky play Harden.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).