7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -10 ) at Cleveland ( 10 ) — T: 227
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 2 ) at Toronto ( -2 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -4.5 ) at Minnesota ( 4.5 ) — T:
    8:30 PM EST : Dallas ( -2.5 ) at San Antonio ( 2.5 ) — T: 223
    10:00 PM EST : New York ( 4 ) at Sacramento ( -4 ) — T: 218
    10:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 13.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -13.5 ) — T: 220.5
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 1.5 ) at Phoenix ( -1.5 ) — T: 218

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

Another dead night.. had the 3 cheapie chalks [Cous Gaff Powell] together & still not gonna win anything.. Harden duds.. Dipo Duds. Hard to believe. Doncic great but paired w Harden. Dead. And I just couldn’t play Capela at 8300… Tpl-Dbl with Blocks? Are you for real? How……

• captainwacky

He’s still got 5 minutes to get those 10 assists for the quad dub!

• superjon

After Hours

Fox
    Murray
    PG
    Diallo
    Kawhi
    Dort
    Bagley
    Crowder
    Holmes

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

Clint Capela just tripled doubled with blocks..WOW!

Holy…

• Dfspacman

Went heavy on Oladipo , Harden and Brogdon, major letdown no way I cash today

• JDS1029

I quit you forever John Collins

What hapnd to NYK-SAC? Stats frozen 11:54 of 1st Q?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@866 said...

Clock error. They finally got it fixed

• gaelicgirl

@866 said...

Scoreboard malfunction

• chronoxiong

Landmines. Landmines everywhere. This is why I knew Boogie was not the right play at Center. You look at the high scoring Centers and it was Capella. Who I originally had in my dummy lineup. Until I listened to everyone because Boogie was going to be 90% owned. I knew he wasn’t going to be in the GPP winning scores. I’m trying to win a GPP here. FU to Lauri Markannen too. Fooled me twice already. Paying up for Harden was costly too. Harden busting was what I was thinking he was going to do with the Rockets when they were short handed. Again, I can predict some of this s#%t happening. It just happens to be on the wrong nights.

• zline34

@zline34 said...

You always jump on first game. Fade second game. Replug third game only if busts second game. If you guys don’t know this strategy yet you shouldn’t be playing DFS. But, seriously everything was bouncing Boogies way that 1st quarter. If you aren’t take that into account well… I don’t have to say it again. I see a 30-35 burger. Don’t know if that will be enough to win a tournament though. Probably a lock for you cash players, but not for me.

For Chrono Page 1. But i landed on him in the end but i knew. 20 points off the cash with booker and Fox going. Maybe i can get there.

• deepfat

@chronoxiong said...

Landmines. Landmines everywhere. This is why I knew Boogie was not the right play at Center. You look at the high scoring Centers and it was Capella. Who I originally had in my dummy lineup. Until I listened to everyone because Boogie was going to be 90% owned. I knew he wasn’t going to be in the GPP winning scores. I’m trying to win a GPP here. FU to Lauri Markannen too. Fooled me twice already. Paying up for Harden was costly too. Harden busting was what I was thinking he was going to do with the Rockets when they were short handed. Again, I can predict some of this s#%t happening. It just happens to be on the wrong nights.

That’s assuming you can predict that Capela gets a TD with blocks. Which you didn’t. Boogie was the right play pre-tipoff. Definition of a free square. Doesn’t always work out perfectly.

• Bigb1485

I mean Boogie is still in the perfect lineup, so far.

• zline34

@deepfat said...

That’s assuming you can predict that Capela gets a TD with blocks. Which you didn’t. Boogie was the right play pre-tipoff. Definition of a free square. Doesn’t always work out perfectly.

Are we trying to min cash or take down tournaments here? Chrono was correct. 30 Burgers in 2021 are not winning many tournaments unless min price. Reid is most likely optimal or Capela. Capela against the Wolves should probably 2x whatever your projections are spitting out against that current roster, but I didn’t even have the balls to play him at that price. Thought about it but you just gotta pull the trigger sometimes.

• txdave41

Amazing that I can get the top scores of the night like Capela and Brown in my lineup and still can’t cash a dime. You need every player to hit 50 pts or more now apparently.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

Cousins shot terrible and still smashed for his price

• chronoxiong

@deepfat said...

My mindset is that I had a feeling Capela was going to crush against the TWolves. Without Towns, they dont have any size against him. I didnt predict the triple double with blocks. No. But I just felt like he could get 50-60 fdp again. Cousins has already shown that he’s scared of playing in the paint limiting his upside. He is still in the GPP winning lineups though. He was the optimal play. But sometimes I feel like you have to hit on the guys who go off for 60 fdp like Capela and figure out the rest of the players in your lineup. Thats all. Because paying down for Boogie means you paid up elsewhere and I’m sure a lot of that salary was spent on a bust like Harden, Oladipo or someone else. If Boogie is still in the winning lineups after the late night games, then I guess so then. Just sucks that there were a lot of landmines still.

Hali-Fever!

Everything is based on Price.. Cousins struggled and made about 8x anyway. Gafford did a poorly as you can do starting at 3100 and made 6.5x still. Felt Oladipo floor was 5x so I played him. Liked Harden without K D. Liked Doncic. Needed Capela/Cousins pairing.

• packdog

@chronoxiong said...

My mindset is that I had a feeling Capela was going to crush against the TWolves. Without Towns, they dont have any size against him. I didnt predict the triple double with blocks. No. But I just felt like he could get 50-60 fdp again. Cousins has already shown that he’s scared of playing in the paint limiting his upside. He is still in the GPP winning lineups though. He was the optimal play. But sometimes I feel like you have to hit on the guys who go off for 60 fdp like Capela and figure out the rest of the players in your lineup. Thats all. Because paying down for Boogie means you paid up elsewhere and I’m sure a lot of that salary was spent on a bust like Harden, Oladipo or someone else. If Boogie is still in the winning lineups after the late night games, then I guess so then. Just sucks that there were a lot of landmines still.

eh, that’s every night. i am tilted i moved off LMA for lauri. who knows if i woulda done better or messed up my lineup with the savings. i was also convinced by reading the forum to go wth lauri like you were for other plays. but at end of the night we made the change ourselves

• feekdogg

@gaelicgirl said...

Holy…

What did I say earlier? Down to Capela or Boogie. Take a wild flipping guess where i went.

Got a few top 50 lines going in the 3 Gm Late.. unfortunately all of them have ELF who is lowest. Need a huge 2H from Elf here.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@packdog said...

eh, that’s every night. i am tilted i moved off LMA for lauri. who knows if i woulda done better or messed up my lineup with the savings. i was also convinced by reading the forum to go wth lauri like you were for other plays. but at end of the night we made the change ourselves

Yeah and LMA probably doesn’t break 30 fpts if D. Murray doesn’t get hurt in the first min of the game

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

3 most popular words amongst DFS players.

• deepfat

@chronoxiong said...

Fair enough but Cousins starting at $4400 vs. DET pre-tipoff is a no brainer. I don’t get how that isn’t the case. Capela at 8K+ is a lot even against the Wolves. Bully for anyone who had the cajones to play him at that price.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).