7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -7 ) at New York ( 7 ) —- T: 226
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2 ) at Chicago ( -2 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 1 ) at Memphis ( -1 ) —- T: 210
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Jeddy3 said...

Kanter looks like he is back in the starting lineup tonight. He also just complained about his playing time, so at 5k he’s worth a shot.

Two things keep me from locking him in: He’s a center, and he plays for the Knicks.

• eatmyturf23

@DirkDigglerz said...

Hey Guys Please JOIN WEEK 5 of the Yahoo RG League https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4141975

Sorry I can’t make it to 40 because the options are only 10 20 50 and 100

• noheartanthony

@Kmasonbx said...

His season high for minutes is 23 and he hasn’t had anything close to 60 this season. Maybe you’re referring to last season when he had 26 and 14 against the Nets, even in that game he only played 20 minutes.

Theis had 60 or close to it one game this year. Maybe he mixed them up?

• Njsum1

@KATburger said...

I’m on FD, running a single bullet again so I’m locking in Baynes for the value. He went overlooked last time he spot started on a large slate and it paid off huge. Great matchup also.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense if you’re playing Harden, if not, no reason to pay down at center, when you can only start 1.

• Kp24

Put in Biyambo in my single entry and instantly wanted to punch myself in the face….idk someone convince me or just back me slowly off the ledge

• Kmasonbx

If we knew he was getting 30 minutes he’s an easy lock, even at 25 at his price I’d have heavy exposure vs. the Rockets. Problem is the Rockets will play most of the game with a PF or SF at center which could result in Fizdale using that as an excuse to play Vonleh at center and they also want to get Mitchell Robinson minutes. I could easily see Kanter only getting 20 minutes, despite getting the start and Kornet being out. I will have plenty of Kanter exposure but I will also have Vonleh and Mitchell Robinson as pivots. You also have over in New Orleans Jahlil Okafor at 4600 coming off a game where he played 35 minutes. With no Davis they’re forced to play him big minutes.

• Kmasonbx

@noheartanthony said...

Theis had 60 or close to it one game this year. Maybe he mixed them up?

Ah, probably. That game when both Horford and Baynes missed. Theis is probably a pretty good play today because the Cavs are just god awful with all of their injuries (pretty bad when fully healthy too) and Theis could play the entire 4th quarter.

• underdawgs

@Kmasonbx said...

If we knew he was getting 30 minutes he’s an easy lock, even at 25 at his price I’d have heavy exposure vs. the Rockets. Problem is the Rockets will play most of the game with a PF or SF at center which could result in Fizdale using that as an excuse to play Vonleh at center and they also want to get Mitchell Robinson minutes. I could easily see Kanter only getting 20 minutes, despite getting the start and Kornet being out. I will have plenty of Kanter exposure but I will also have Vonleh and Mitchell Robinson as pivots. You also have over in New Orleans Jahlil Okafor at 4600 coming off a game where he played 35 minutes. With no Davis they’re forced to play him big minutes.

Mitchell Robinson just picked up 4 fouls reading this.
    Kanter should be good for 20+ minutes, especially if he starts off strong. This should be one of the easiest double-doubles he’ll have all year with potential for a ceiling game. Not like the knicks have anyone else to rely on offensively. I was at the game on Monday, they’re pathetic. Everything about them is pathetic. Might as well showcase Kanter since he won’t be on the roster in a few weeks.

• tmarohl

Is Kawhi going to be out again?

• Njsum1

@Kmasonbx said...

Kanter is one of those guys. When you’re light, you wish you were heavy, when you’re heavy, you wish you were light. The spot is soooooo prime though. I want to be above the field on DK, yet for reasons you stated I’m only going to be 5 to 10% above. Projected ownership, around 25 to 30% is my guess. What’s everyone thinking on his POwn?

• frugal

Rather than my normal Yahoo write up by position, I’m going to take a different approach today looking at the 3 specific matchups which feature the teams offering the top 3 combined FP to opponents:

ATL @ CHI

ATL offers the most combined FP to opponents in the league and CHI the 8th most. Neither team plays any defense nor much incentive to win, but ATL has looked far more competitive than CHI lately. Robin Lopez might have a big game here as CHI will need to stay big to compete with ATL’s front court. Lopez minutes have also crept up over the last 3 as I imagine CHI is looking to up his value prior to the TDL. Hutchinson looks like a safe 2X guy pulling down 21.X+ in 4 of the last 5, but doesn’t appear to have much of a ceiling.

Bottom tier value: Robin Lopez $10, Chandler Hutchinson $10, Jeremy Lin $11.

Mid tier value: Dewayne Dedmon $17

HOU @ NY

So much value in this game. First up, NY offers the 2nd most FP to opponents. While the Rockets starters are getting priced up a little, there is still value to be had on the bench specifically Kenneth Faried $10 who played 23 minutes off the bench, I think we might see 30 tonight as Faried is the best big currently active on the roster. Green and Ennis will play the co 6th man role and see around 30 minutes and those minutes should be safe regardless of outcome. On the NY side, while Kanter will likely get the start the C minutes will likely be split with Mitchell Robinson as NY looks to develop their young guys. Robinson fouls a ton, he fouled out in 15:32 last game vs OKC but he also pulled down 25.7 FP and OKC is a much tougher matchup than than the Rockets currently offer. Also, Trier is heating up…

Bottom tier value: Kenneth Farried $10, James Ennis $10, Mitchell Robinson $10, Gerald Green $11, Alonzo Trier $11

Mid tier value: Tim Hardaway Jr $16, Noah Vonleh $18, Eric Gordon $19, PJ Tucker $19

DET @ NO

Interesting matchup as NO will be without Davis and DET perhaps without Drummond. NO gives up the 3rd highest FP and DET is in a big pace up spot here. Assuming Drummond sits and Okafor gets another start, lock him in as he’ll be the value chalk worth eating tonight. On the DET side, Brown or Kennard both look interesting. Typically, I’d look to the starter in these cases but the guy coming off the bench might see a softer second unit and some time without Griffin on the floor which could work in their favor.

Bottom tier value: Bruce Brown $10, Luke Kennard $10, Reggie Bullock $13, Jahlil Okafor $12

Mid tier value: Reggie Jackson $16, Elfrid Payton $18

• lovpink

@tmarohl said...

Is Kawhi going to be out again?

yes managing his load

• TrustinthePlan

Trying to make a lineup with 8 centers on DK, not working out so well. Haha. But tons of centers in good spots. Just a matter of do you want to spend up or spend down and go with Harden.

• gregsl

@BawseGeller said...

Frank could get sneaky run in a blowout too. Minutes been trending up. Hard to bank on steals but the pace should allow for plenty of opportunities.

Would be interesting if they just played Frank on Harden all game and see what happens.

• tianyihe

@TrustinthePlan said...

Trying to make a lineup with 8 centers on DK, not working out so well. Haha. But tons of centers in good spots. Just a matter of do you want to spend up or spend down and go with Harden.

Tried doing the same and DK won’t let me…I want to pay down and pay up at C, Vuc in the best spot all year and we won’t see Jokic sub 10k again for a while. Game should be competitive and if Jokic plays 35-38 min, he has 70pt upside

• Kmasonbx

@Njsum1 said...

Kanter is one of those guys. When you’re light, you wish you were heavy, when you’re heavy, you wish you were light. The spot is soooooo prime though. I want to be above the field on DK, yet for reasons you stated I’m only going to be 5 to 10% above. Projected ownership, around 25 to 30% is my guess. What’s everyone thinking on his POwn?

I have to imagine he’ll be fairly popular. Considering it’s a 10 game slate, 30% or so? I think the uncertainty of the Knicks rotation will keep him from being insanely high owned, as well as the other value center options.

• gaelicgirl

@dominicanpapi said...

I’m also waiting for the shoe to drop on the Celtics, wouldn’t be shocked if a Hayward or Kyrie get ruled out too.

Horford will rest today.

• underdawgs

I literally cannot thing down my player pool at C on DK. Here’s a useless take on how ridiculously deep that position is:
    Embiid – no comment necessary
    Jokic – no comment necessary but 29.5 usage over last 15 games and he’s a superstar. I don’t care about Gobert
    Blake – even if Drummond plays, New Orleans’ rim defense consists of Okafor and Mirotic. Yeah. Randle is the best rim defense they have there but Blake is talented enough to smash. In a pace up game.
    Randle – 44.5 DK points last game without AD but he’s safe. I admittedly won’t have much Randle tonight but he’s by no means a bad play
    LMA – smash spot
    John Collins – even smashier spot
    Mirotic – Priced up a bit but as always, he’s in play with no AD
    Myles Turner – smashiest spot of them all, and will go much lower owned with all the value and the studs
    Sabonis – see Turner, Myles
    Whiteside – he’s $6k. In a smash spot. With a crazy ceiling. But with a coach who hates him. One of these days he’s going to play 30 min and score 60 FPTS.
    Vonleh / Kanter – Only 2 centers for NYK tonight. Against the miniature people in Houston frontcourt.
    Dedmon / Len- smash spot
    JJJ – If Gasol sits, no explanation needed
    Bam – if whiteside doesn’t get a ceiling game, Bam might
    Faried – only competent big man on Houston roster
    RoLo – as mentioned before, minutes trending up. And they’ll probably need him tonight to bang with ATL frontcout.
    Baynes – duh

And you could make a case for a few more. Yikes, what a slate.
    Fin.

Oh and I forgot Vuc somehow, who dropped 50DK pts on Brooklyn 5 days ago

• BBWC_10

So who do we think feasts on the Clips tonight? Whitedurd,Bam?

• miggs6876

@KATburger said...

I’m on FD, running a single bullet again so I’m locking in Baynes for the value. He went overlooked last time he spot started on a large slate and it paid off huge. Great matchup also.

I’m playing single bullet of fd too. I was thinking about Okofor at 5.5k.

• Kmasonbx

@underdawgs said...

I literally cannot thing down my player pool at C on DK. Here’s a useless take on how ridiculously deep that position is:
    Jokic – no comment necessary but 29.5 usage over last 15 games and he’s a superstar. I don’t care about Gobert
    Blake – even if Drummond plays, New Orleans’ rim defense consists of Okafor and Mirotic. Yeah. Randle is the best rim defense they have there but Blake is talented enough to smash. In a pace up game.
    Randle – 44.5 DK points last game without AD but he’s safe. I admittedly won’t have much Randle tonight but he’s by no means a bad play
    LMA – smash spot
    Myles Turner – smashiest spot of them all, and will go much lower owned with all the value and the studs
    Whiteside – he’s $6k. In a smash spot. With a crazy ceiling. But with a coach who hates him. One of these days he’s going to play 30 min and score 60 FPTS.
    Vonleh / Kanter – Only 2 centers for NYK tonight. Against the miniature people in Houston frontcourt.
    Dedmon / Len- smash spot
    RoLo – as mentioned before, minutes trending up. And they’ll probably need him tonight to bang with ATL frontcout.
    Baynes – duh

Fin.

Aiming to make 20 lineups (fingers crossed work doesn’t busy this afternoon) and will have a center in the utility spot in all 20. My PF and F spots will also be filled with PF/C who really play center. The position is just loaded today.

• Njsum1

@underdawgs said...

Fin

Haha

• miggs6876

@dominicanpapi said...

Clippers are horrendous against centers and Whiteside is 6800 on Fanduel. If there was ever going to be a ceiling game, tonight would be it.

So true. He jumped off the page but its Whiteside. Could get you 15 or 55. Multiple lineup players should have at least a piece of him.

• frugal

@underdawgs said...

LMA – smash spot
    Dedmon / Len- smash spot
    Baynes – duh

Fin.

When there’s value guys in smash spots at one position and not at another, that should help you tremendously. For example, can you find a budget guard to pair with Jokic/Blake whose going to get you the same upside as a budget C with Harden?

• miggs6876

@Epignosis said...

Two things keep me from locking him in: He’s a center, and he plays for the Knicks.

Knicks looked horrible on MLK day.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).