7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -7 ) at New York ( 7 ) —- T: 226
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2 ) at Chicago ( -2 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 1 ) at Memphis ( -1 ) —- T: 210
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASalvaro

nahh the only shady thing i see is on a nightly basis a guy thats in a great spot suddenly becomes questionable out of thin air..then people jump off him and he ends up playing and smashing

• ScofieldReturns

349 and only won a few bucks. think i’m in the wrong contests. gonna try switching from 100 man 50/50’s to 568 man single entry double ups. too many LU trains in the 100 man always causing me to bubble. i’ll take coming out ahead, but my LU was good enough to at least double up, i was way ahead in GPP and double ups, but was mostly in the cash games where i finished 41-51

• mtdurham

@yisman said...

He’s out of the rotation. The Knicks aren’t using him anymore as they try and deal him is what it looks like.

You can say all you want about pick and rolls but the bottom line is if he can’t get minutes with Kornet out, he’s probably never going to get you 25-30 minutes. He hasn’t played 20+ minutes in a game in over two weeks.

This is all true as well and I’ve addressed that. He’s not part of their long term plans (because he’s garbage) and the Knicks know it.

We have reached the point of the season where teams are going to start playing younger guys if they aren’t in the playoff race.

This in part due to the fact they want to evaluate their younger talent.

In large part, it’s really more due to coaches/general managers trying to protect their jobs. If they can create the appearance of a young core/foundation of hope they are more likely to retain their multi-million dollar jobs another year.

Winning 30 games with Kanter won’t help anyone stay employed.

It also helps promote fan interest for the remainder of hte season and next year.

I mean I’m an NBA superfan. So I know Malik Monk is terrible. But the casual fan doesn’t know that. Why not trot him out there and let him score 26 points and fool a few kids into thinking he’s the next big thing?

• tbird05

There were 20,000+ other lineups that got 150 points from Harden/Rozier tonight. You have to keep that in perspective.

• mtdurham

To me this is the fun part of the NBA DFS season coming up. When it really pays to study rotations and who is on the upswing / downswing when it comes to minutes/usage/etc…

Which vets are being phased out… or which teams are shaking up their lineups or holding guys out to avoid injury and maintain their trade value before hte deadline…

I dont like april where its a full tankathon, guys are resting entire games with bruises, and random Johnny call-ups are getting 32 minutes for the Suns after being signed 3 hours ago and you have to stay glued to twitter like a turkey.

• mtdurham

@ScofieldReturns said...

349 and only won a few bucks. think i’m in the wrong contests. gonna try switching from 100 man 50/50’s to 568 man single entry double ups. too many LU trains in the 100 man always causing me to bubble. i’ll take coming out ahead, but my LU was good enough to at least double up, i was way ahead in GPP and double ups, but was mostly in the cash games where i finished 41-51

i’d just cut out the cash games altogether unless you have guys set aside that you know are terrible willing to play you in cash.

Cash is all game selection. Very, very few are good enough to breakeven in cash.

If you play GPP anyone can win if you figure out the right approach/angle that evening and catch some luck…

In cash like 90% of the people (perhaps more) are drawing dead at ever turning a profit

• cpp214

@mtdurham said...

i’d just cut out the cash games altogether unless you have guys set aside that you know are terrible willing to play you in cash.

Cash is all game selection. Very, very few are good enough to breakeven in cash.

If you play GPP anyone can win if you figure out the right approach/angle that evening and catch some luck…

In cash like 90% of the people (perhaps more) are drawing dead at ever turning a profit

Sensei mtdurham, please teach me your ways….

• ScofieldReturns

@mtdurham said...

i’m a 1 LU person though, so if i hit and only double up from 10 to 20 dollars, that doesn’t really do much for the bankroll. unless i should enter the same LU in multiple times, which seems -EV. or maybe just do multiple different GPPs. I cash way more in 50/50s than GPPs though. on the last 2 years i am ahead in cash games with a mid 60% win rate last i checked

• GoldenWolf87

What a horrible slate tonight lol and once again a single ticket won.

• GoldenWolf87

@ScofieldReturns said...

i’m a 1 LU person though, so if i hit and only double up from 10 to 20 dollars, that doesn’t really do much for the bankroll. unless i should enter the same LU in multiple times, which seems -EV. or maybe just do multiple different GPPs. I cash way more in 50/50s than GPPs though. on the last 2 years i am ahead in cash games with a mid 60% win rate last i checked

If you want to win with a single lineup u can do it, just remember to stack up the right games.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

all the RG experts loved Kanter today

I loved him too until they announced he wasn’t starting, like Fizdale said he was going to do yesterday

Check out this analysis on Gasol.. nearly got me a top 10 finish:
    With news coming out that the Grizzlies are open to offers for franchise cornerstones Marc Gasol and Mike Conley, we can expect to see Memphis ensure they are showcasing these talents as much as possible to attract potential suitors. Gasol has been quiet lately, particularly by his standards, but is still a legitimate double double threat averaging 15 points and 8.5 boards on the year. He also remains one of the best passing big men in the league, averaging 4.5 assists, and is good for at least one triple most nights. He gets a good match up here with Charlotte here who rank 20th in the league in rebound differential. He is listed as a GTD currently, so monitor his status before locking him in.

• tmarohl

@47891221 said...

Check out this analysis on Gasol.. nearly got me a top 10 finish:
    With news coming out that the Grizzlies are open to offers for franchise cornerstones Marc Gasol and Mike Conley, we can expect to see Memphis ensure they are showcasing these talents as much as possible to attract potential suitors. Gasol has been quiet lately, particularly by his standards, but is still a legitimate double double threat averaging 15 points and 8.5 boards on the year. He also remains one of the best passing big men in the league, averaging 4.5 assists, and is good for at least one triple most nights. He gets a good match up here with Charlotte here who rank 20th in the league in rebound differential. He is listed as a GTD currently, so monitor his status before locking him in.

Neither one of them is going anywhere. Conley is owed like 65 million over the next two years. Gasol has a player option after this season. No one going to trade for either of them.

• chronoxiong

I scored 336.90 on FD to win no cash games but barely cashed in the Dribbler and Fadeaway GPPs. I didn’t get to play Faried because I was stuck at work during lock time. So I had PJ Tucker instead who killed me badly this time. I think if I had Faried like the rest of the field, I would have done much better on FD.

On Yahoo, I scored 340.1 to double up for the night. Spent $10 and won $20. Got minimum GPP cash in the ones I was able to enter before I went to work. Wished I was in more games. Thats the way life goes. Oh yeah, if I had Faried on my Yahoo lineups too, I would have done major damage. I stacked Okafor and Vucevic at Center and Utility.

• gaelicgirl

LMAO (Deadspin)
    “Hardaway, meanwhile, never so much as flinched in Gordon’s direction, even when Gordon picked up his dribble, squared up his shoulders, ordered and ate dinner, took a bath, changed into his jammies, and finally, finally began his shooting motion.”

Dipo’s injury sucks big time, though. Rotten break.

• mbunner23

@JSteele said...

Kornet was ruled out and Fiz said Kanter would start, but then for some reason he changed his mind once Faried was announced as the starter and matched up small with small.

I guess if the Knicks were trying to win this game they would have noticed what centers were doing to the Rockets lately and play Kanter instead of matching up small with small and taking away the biggest advantage they could have gotten on the Rockets…

Nope. As a coach you should know better. Faried would run Kanter off the floor, Harden would have destroyed him in pick and roll. Not sure why people don’t understand this.

• depalma13

Over 200 FD points from Rozier, Harden and Embiid. Garbage from everyone else.

• flip4flop

Damn interesting night put up 363 in the main slate for some mid range cashes but 331.25 in the late slate to ship both sharpshooters and some tickets. Second win this week for a much needed bankroll build. Looking forward to tonight! Big shout out to Marc Gasol, John Collins and Okafor for getting it done last night

• Numberboy

Funny listening to all of the geniuses who proclaimed themselves “The Kanter Whisperers” Even coming off the bench & playing 20 -24 mins vs the Rockets, Kanter was a good play at 5000. Assistant couch Keith Smart said just before tip off that Kanter would come off the bench. There’s no rhyme or reason to the Knicks coaching decisions but it’s obvious they could have used a few more boards and a little offense from Kanter. Playing Ntikilina & Robinson didn’t exactly contain Harden & Faried

• Agent47

Too much Randle was my biggest mistake last night. Took the obvious backcourt with Harden/Rozier and had guys like Ibaka at low ownership and Whiteside mixed in throughout. But just had too much of Randle (all but one of my 5 lineups, I believe). In hindsight, I should have had Faried in more than one lineup, probably in Randle’s place, and that would have allowed to upgrade some guys that I wasn’t feeling completely comfortable with. Oh well. Better luck tonight hopefully!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.