7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -7 ) at New York ( 7 ) —- T: 226
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2 ) at Chicago ( -2 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 1 ) at Memphis ( -1 ) —- T: 210
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hautalak

@frugal said...

Let’s talk about D’Angelo Russell, dude’ on fire. He’s $34 on Yahoo and has hit 41+ in 7 of the last 10, 51+ FP in 3 of the last 5 including at ORL who he’s facing tonight at home.

He’s in my “BOS all stars” lineup haha I was too chicken to lose in the league again and wasn’t going to play tonight but all this “value” drew me in and I hate that! (apparently not)

• casper

@eatmyturf23 said...

Frugal, just watched a video of Luka ripping his jersey at halftime of the Clippers game. Was he that frustrated about missing his shot, or do you sense some underlying friction in the locker room with the return of DSJ?

Pat pat smells bad was up in his grill all night

• frugal

@gaelicgirl said...

Frugal, just watched a video of Luka ripping his jersey at halftime of the Clippers game. Was he that frustrated about missing his shot, or do you sense some underlying friction in the locker room with the return of DSJ?

All reports are that he and DSJ get along very well personally. Post game he said he was “pissed” missing that shot and with his overall performance to that point.

• JTAx33

@eatmyturf23 said...

VanVleet on a b2b at IND vs their defense? I’m not excited about a likely limited ceiling of 25-28 fpts there.

B2B doesn’t concern me. He’s over .9FP/MIN without Kawhi on the floor this season. Likely sees ~34 minutes tonight. He’s $4600. Not sure how that’s an easy fade in cash

• Yeah i intially faded harden with a jrue dlo dipo as my 3 guard spots now with rozier news i think im going back to harden to much value now not to play him.

• NarrowJ

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Even if you think that, an average game for Rozier in this spot is akin to a ceiling game for others in his price range. 30 is probably a slightly “bad” game for him here, but it’s still awesome for his price.

Yeah, agreed. I can remember more than a few 50 FP outings for him last season….

• Benf15harp

@gaelicgirl said...

I’ve ripped off every shirt I’ve ever worn once I saw this
    Lmao

• Idontknow

@Benf15harp said...

Lmao

• frugal

@Benf15harp said...

Lmao

• mbunner23

How much Kanter we gonna see? Only a matter of time before Hedo Turk interrupts the game and takes him back to Turkey.

• Idontknow

Anyone going back to the well with Okafor tonight against Detroit?

• Benf15harp

@mbunner23 said...

How much Kanter we gonna see? Only a matter of time before Hedo Turk interrupts the game and takes him back to Turkey.

I have a feeling kanter rolls out hacksaw Jim Duggan style tonight
    Lmao

• Benf15harp

@Idontknow said...

Anyone going back to the well with Okafor tonight against Detroit?

I don’t know

• frugal

I was under the impression that Jrue smashes when Davis was out, but looking back at the games when Davis missed this season just doesn’t seem to be the case. Looks like Randle and Mirotic benefit more than Jrue.

• zpa1989

i think drummond is a lock to play tonight. does that downgrade the rest of the pistons if drummond is back in action? i think it sort of has to right?

• Idontknow

@Benf15harp said...

I don’t know

• ripking

Anyone rolling the dice with Wanamaker ? He broke the slate last time kyrie was out and Rozier struggled

• mbunner23

@Benf15harp said...

I don’t know

LMAO

• Gadnuk

I’ve seen talk of Wannamaker on here. Just remember that when he did well last time was when Irving AND Smart where out. The only guard I want is Rozier. He starts for Kyrie. Brown and Hayward still come of the bench. Baynes is also a play for me tonight. Not really looking further than that. Theis and Williams are a crap shoot. I will take the starting crap shoot in that scenario

• flip4flop

@ripking said...

Anyone rolling the dice with Wanamaker ? He broke the slate last time kyrie was out and Rozier struggled

Hoping for a blowout and pairing Rozier and Wanamaker in at least 1 very deep GPP.

• chrisbanas

I’m playing Rozier and Brown so god help us all

• xbrett82

This whole Kyrie news really makes this slate challenging. If you think you’ve got a lock on which Celtics are going to perform tonight outside of Rozier, you’re delusional. It really is a crapshoot. One point to add, Terry only played 25 mins with no foul trouble in a close game versus BKN last time Kyrie was out. He’s not a lock, but is probably foolish to fade him on FD, at least.

So the player pool I am looking at is Hayward, Smart, Tatum, Jaylen, Morris, Theis, Baynes. I’d argue maybe 2 out of these 7 will hit 6x value tonight. Which 2 of those will hit 6x? Well, let’s have a look at some matchups. Since TT has been out Cavs have been piss poor versus C and PF, ranked near dead last over the last 7 games. SG and SF they’re defending very well over the last 7, and PG they are 3rd worst.

Jaylen and Tatum both played 32 and 35 mins vs BKN, respectively. Each went off as well, hitting close to 9x each. That’s certainly not going to happen again, but 6-7x is entirely feasible. I’m intrigued by Marcus Morris, but I am not necessarily convinced the minutes will exceed 28-30. Even without Horford, they’ve got plenty of healthy bigs in Baynes, Theis and Williams. Guershon and Ojeleye too. I’d probably expect a solid minute share between all of those parties, which makes me disinterested in playing any one of them.

The real X factors are Hayward — and the possibility of a blowout. Any given night Hayward could drop 50 FD pts, but will he need to versus the most putrid team in the NBA? I don’t think so. However, I am sure as I say that that Clarkson will go ballistic and keep things tight enough that Hayward plays enough to hit 8x value. I want to add Smart as an X factor as well. Only on FD, for me, but you absolutely never know when he’s going to get 4 steals and 2 blocks. Tonight is as good a night as any with Horford and Kyrie out.

This game has way too many variables floating around for me to feel confident picking one player versus another. I think I will probably play it safe and have some healthy exposure to Tatum, Brown, and Rozier. Maybe, maybe a few Hayward lines if I am feeling like gambling. I just don’t think that the Cavs can keep this game interesting enough. 4 full quarters are going to have to be played in order for 3 Celtics in your lineup to all hit 6x+ value.

• Nevs32

Hey guys, I was being invited to a dollar, 20 man tourney almost daily then it stopped. I want back in.

• frugal

@zpa1989 said...

i think drummond is a lock to play tonight. does that downgrade the rest of the pistons if drummond is back in action? i think it sort of has to right?

My take is this…

Drummond out I’m going to want a high exposure to Griffin as they really don’t have much else. I also think this means less minutes for Okafor as Randle can matchup just fine with Griffin at C which is what the case will be for most the game as Zaza isn’t going to play big minutes. I think Mirotic plays bigger minutes and is a better play than Okafor despite the value difference.

Drummond in and I’m going to lower my Griffin exposure and increase my Okafor exposure as we’ll see the typically usage split with DET but Okafor and Randle will need to both play bigger minutes to matchup.

• Benf15harp

@flip4flop said...

Hoping for a blowout and pairing Rozier and Wanamaker in at least 1 very deep GPP.

😉

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler