NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 1 ) at Cleveland ( -1 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -5.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( -1.5 ) at Portland ( 1.5 ) —- T: 229

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• siddom

well deandre and claxton are both out leaving jarett allen the lone center – i think the lakers steamroll the nets unless kyrie steps up

• gaelicgirl

@siddom said...

i dont think lillard is a good play — they will trap him hard when he goes off. thoughts?

Dame and Luka are the best plays…not messing with those hated little men today LOL

• Njsum1

@Ace15 said...

No org would trade a GUARANTEED TOP 10 guy for a SLIM CHANCE at hopes of getting someone as good.

Well NOP got Lonzo and Ingram in addition to a whole bunch of picks. They got Hart too, but he’s just ok. Lonzo and Ingram are players.

Also no team is forced to do anything. They won’t part with the player unless they feel they’re getting a haul. Yes there’s some risk, yet there’s also risk in not trading a player with 1 year left on his deal and letting him walk for nothing 🤷‍♂️

Sample size is small, yet players forcing their way off teams, seems to be benefitting all parties involved.

• rstylz

SG seems to be the tough on on DK. No brainer if Beal doesn’t play, i still kind of like Mcrae either way.

Beal and Dinwiddie seem to volatile to me given certain circumstances. Anyone disagree? Im playing cash only as well. Im sure they are fine GPP plays

• telestraightshooter

@sochoice said...

coach already said Ariza would be starting

Ariza will probably shoot better than last 2 games (2-15) w/ his new uniform.

• telestraightshooter

@siddom said...

anyone fading bron even if a.davis is out?

Consider LbJ’s ethos of “facilitating his teammates” recently… they fell short of the 12 pt spread vs Knicks

LbJ will post a 90 burger when he wants to post a 90 burger, idk about a BtB

• rstylz

does anyone have any time saving tips to see how players on the same team correlate?

• Wynter12

Someone other than Beal on Washington will probably go off. McRae? Random Troy game? Mahinmi keeps rolling? I quite like that game in general. Sexton price is a bit nasty. Although I like his match up. His minimal peripherals caps him a bit even if he’s shooting hot.

My guy Cedi doesn’t have a bad match up either. And he does have upside games every once in a while.

Im so-so on Love. Tristan will make a couple lineups. Bertans isn’t in a prime spot. But he shoots so darn much lol And can stumble into some bleals, assists and a few rebounds.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Sample size is small, yet players forcing their way off teams, seems to be benefitting all parties involved.

I sense a lot of recency bias in this comment, while also not really looking at the full picture. NO looks like they got a couple players in Ingram and Ball, but we’re ignoring what the team would look like with AD, Jrue, and still potentially Zion. NO possibly uses money on a player different than Favors. Maybe NO looks like a better destination with Zion/Jrue/AD and they get a quality name in.

It’s also dependent on how a team approaches a star forcing their way out.

Kyrie forced his way out of Cleveland leading to the ultimate downfall of the Cavs franchise. They completely remade their franchise ultimately falling short and LeBron left. We could argue that LBJ would have left no matter what. Yet still the fact remains CLE is in a much worse place now and were serious losers of the Kyrie trade. We can also argue BOS ended up worse off taking part in the Kyrie trade.

Kawhi forced his way out of SAS. Trying to rebuild on the fly Pop took on DDR and Poeltl and quite frankly we all know SAS has suffered in being forced into trading Kawhi.

PG13, forced his way out of Indy originally, and really IND has just been spinning wheels ever since with Dipo’s injuries, but that wasn’t foreseen so we can call that a wash at best.

DeMarcus Cousins forcing his way out of Sacramento has not benefited anyone. NO ultimately lost ground going for him. Sacramento is still a young team spinning it’s wheels. We can call that a wash at best.

I’m sure there’s others, that support both sides of the argument, but those come to mind first.

• superstars92

@rstylz said...

does anyone have any time saving tips to see how players on the same team correlate?

The guards generally negatively correlate. So like Dame and CJ. Kyrie and Dinwiddie. Sexton and Garland probably less so since they both are kinda low price but still somewhat.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

Oh, Butler basically forced himself off multiple teams.

MIN is definitely worse off from both deals. CHI is till trying to get there. PHI seems lost at times and they basically replaced Butler with Horford who doesn’t seem all that happy either. Only winner in all those trades were the team Butler was on at the time, see Miami now.

• superstars92

The crazy thing is when Pacers traded PG13 away for Oladipo and Sabonis, even if PG13 didn’t “force” himself off, it still would have been the Pacers winning the trade…

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

The crazy thing is when Pacers traded PG13 away for Oladipo and Sabonis, even if PG13 didn’t “force” himself off, it still would have been the Pacers winning the trade…

True. He didn’t demand a trade. Yet, when you’re a pending free agent and you openly talk about not resigning and looking elsewhere, you basically put your current team in a position where you have to trade them, because the risk of them walking for nothing is too great.

• rstylz

@superstars92 said...

The guards generally negatively correlate. So like Dame and CJ. Kyrie and Dinwiddie. Sexton and Garland probably less so since they both are kinda low price but still somewhat.

I’m looking at Cedi, i’m rolling with Sexyton. It looks like just by glancing at game logs that they negatively correlate, but my gut tells me Cedi is just hit or miss no matter what the outcomes of the game is not being a high impact player.

• telestraightshooter

@Pandamonious said...

I’m sure there’s others, that support both sides of the argument, but those come to mind first.

First one I can think of was Lew Alcindor forcing his way to the former Minneapolis team in LA.
    It had something to do with beer & brats in Milw did not fit his cultural needs

Bucks got:

• Elmore Smith, an erratic center
    • Brian Winters, a second‐string guard
    • two 1st round picks Dave Meyers and Junior Bridgeman.

yeah, Bucks lost big on that one

• superstars92

@telestraightshooter said...

First one I can think of was Lew Alcindor forcing his way to the former Minneapolis team in LA.
    It had something to do with beer & brats in Milw did not fit his cultural needs

Bucks got:

• Elmore Smith, an erratic center
    • Brian Winters, a second‐string guard
    • two 1st round picks Dave Meyers and Junior Bridgeman.

yeah, Bucks lost big on that one

That’s the worst trade in NBA history. Joe Barry Carroll one was probably 2nd worst.

• DC2380

josh richardson out 2-3 weeks. hamstring

• fluffynuggets

@superstars92 said...

That’s the worst trade in NBA history. Joe Barry Carroll one was probably 2nd worst.

Eldon Campbell and Vlade Divacs for Kobe Bryant?

• telestraightshooter

@superstars92 said...

…and 3rd pick of 1982 draft Dominique Wilkins refusing to play in Utah…
    …… he would later regret missing out on the high probability of winning multiple titles w/ Stockton & Malone

“Cash flow problems within the Utah Jazz organization, along with Wilkins’s reluctance to play with the Jazz, led to his trade to the Atlanta Hawks several months after the draft for John Drew, Freeman Williams and $1 million in cash…….
    …. the trade is now considered among the most lopsided deals in NBA history, as Drew and Williams would play a combined four seasons for the Jazz.

• superstars92

@fluffynuggets said...

Eldon Campbell and Vlade Divacs for Kobe Bryant?

I dunno man, Vlade turned out to be a darn good GM!

• gaelicgirl

Does LeVert get to touch the ball when Kyrie is playing?

• superstars92

@gaelicgirl said...

Does LeVert get to touch the ball when Kyrie is playing?

No one gets to touch the ball lol. Actually, I do believe LeVert staggers 2nd unit so he might get a bit more usage vs. the other Nets.

• gaelicgirl

@superstars92 said...

No one gets to touch the ball lol. Actually, I do believe LeVert staggers 2nd unit so he might get a bit more usage vs. the other Nets.

Haha that’s what I figured…thanks!

• BBWC_10

Just noticed Javale put up 72 Fantasy points on Nets last season, Of course he played 35 minutes and was on a different team but he had 20 rebounds.

• gausman7

DK thoughts

Think I’m rolling with Kyree/Allen and running it back with LBJ. Joe Harris is cheap, McRae is affordable for some auxiliary pieces.

Gives me a decent starting point. Dame is in a nice spot, but at almost 10K on DK, I would rather pay up for Lebron. Viewing Ariza as a free square tonight.

I don’t have a grasp on Dallas…never do beyond Luka. I just can’t find a build to pay for him this early in the day at least.

I do like Sexton and Love, but not sure how much exposure I’ll have. Typically I make 3 lineups a night, so have to be pickier than some.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).