• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -7 ) at Minnesota ( 7 ) — T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 8 ) at Brooklyn ( -8 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -8.5 ) at Detroit ( 8.5 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 10.5 ) at Dallas ( -10.5 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 6.5 ) at Utah ( -6.5 ) — T: 225
    9:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -9 ) at Chicago ( 9 ) — T: 227.5
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( -2.5 ) at Phoenix ( 2.5 ) — T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• madmanjayWV

WELP — No BOOKER is going to make things interesting for Phoenix.

• miggs6876

@superjon said...

Didn’t win any GPPs last night, but it’s like they always say, “The 2,849 times the charm.”

The big payday will come. I got smoked last night. Didn’t have to worry about a late night hammer.

• miggs6876

This looks like a pretty nice slate. Have to go right back to Durant no?

• Brendan239

You ever make your first LU in the morning like this to get a feel for the slate and everything fits perfect and you have a few studs and some contrarian pieces? I just did that. Gonna leave it pending a crazy injury or COVID.

• Broncm

Call me crazy, but I’m fading Jokic tonight. Found a lineup where I could stuff Kyrie, Simmons, Tobias and KD in

• Brendan239

I don’t know HOW you fade Boogie. He went 2-16 and had 34 FD points. 2-16. And is Thad Young ever going to go to $4200 or are we just going to keep playing him at $3800?

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@Broncm said...

Call me crazy, but I’m fading Jokic tonight. Found a lineup where I could stuff Kyrie, Simmons, Tobias and KD in

Why would that be crazy? B2B after a 40 min OT game. Or are a bunch of Denver guys sitting? Havent looked at the slate yet. I’m guessing by your second statement that Harden and Embiid are sitting?

• monarch

I havent looked at it either but I am not sure I see the appeal in Simmons, Harris, Kyrie or KD either. And we know Harden does not rest so the BKN guys are basically unplayable for me unless someone else sits. An overall pretty gross slate though.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Isn’t AD from Chicago and always gets up for Bulls games? Or am I misremembering?

• monarch

Also wanted to point out this is the 42nd anniversary of the great Gus Williams performance where he recorded eight steals in a half in a big win over the Washington Bullets. Have to think many players on todays slate will be gunning for that achievement.

• Tajtrivedi

Stack Tate and Cousins again?

• BiGtIGeRs

Just glanced through this slate

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Just checked and yep AD from Chicago but not the big performances I was expecting to see

AD vs the Bulls

• BiGtIGeRs

@Tajtrivedi said...

Stack Tate and Cousins again?

Be warned don’t go 100 on boogie because of ejection risk

• travvis

Spyda is going to have a huge game. What Shaq said has probably been eating at him.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Be warned don’t go 100 on boogie because of ejection risk

Need GG to break down the ref dynamics for that game later.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@travvis said...

Spyda is going to have a huge game. What Shaq said has probably been eating at him.

What did he say?

• travvis

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1352496852860600323

• Brendan239

And Brunson too. I just don’t see how you don’t just start your LU Brunson/Thad/Boogie and get different from there. They’re the only players under $6k on FD that WILL 90% 9x.

• deepfat

I’ve been playing NBA DFS for about a year and a half and for the last year really took a deep dive into winning GPP lineups. Not for this to sound like sour grapes but it seems that these winning LU’s have the obvious free square plays but also guys that don’t pop on projections and almost seem random.

For example last night in one GPP the winning lineup had guys like Boogie, Luka, Jaylen but also guys like Mikal Bridges vs Den and Dort vs LAC. I guess my missing link is how are these guys saying “yep, I’m going with that” when they are both terrible matchups on paper? I refuse to believe that it’s just dumb luck and those players just happen to stick when thrown up against the wall.

• Njsum1

@Broncm said...

Jokic was an easy fade last night. He only got like 49 DK points in regulation, and needed OT to get to 62. Not what I’m looking for for 11k.

Capela outscored him for 3k less in regulation and a semi-blowout. And Cousins put up 35 for 4400.

Not saying he can’t deliver a big game tonight, yet considering the slate, I certainly wouldn’t be nervous fading him on a Back to back after playing 40 minutes last night.

Now, I have to put him in a lineup, cause whenever you talk down a play, they go off. But he’s not a great play tonight.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@deepfat said...

I’ve been playing NBA DFS for about a year and a half and for the last year really took a deep dive into winning GPP lineups. Not for this to sound like sour grapes but it seems that these winning LU’s have the obvious free square plays but also guys that don’t pop on projections and almost seem random.

For example last night in one GPP the winning lineup had guys like Boogie, Luka, Jaylen but also guys like Mikal Bridges vs Den and Dort vs LAC. I guess my missing link is how are these guys saying “yep, I’m going with that” when they are both terrible matchups on paper? I refuse to believe that it’s just dumb luck and those players just happen to stick when thrown up against the wall.

That is the great thing about a lineup builder. It puts guys in your lineup that you wouldn’t click on if you built the lineup by hand

• Njsum1

@deepfat said...

For example last night in one GPP the winning lineup had guys like Boogie, Luka, Jaylen but also guys like Mikal Bridges vs Den and Dort vs LAC. I guess my missing link is how are these guys saying “yep, I’m going with that” when they are both terrible matchups on paper?

Are you looking at 150 max GPP’s?

If so, I’ll answer your question…..

they’re not saying anything, they have a core, and then the optimizer probably throws in a few random plays to round out some lineups and they go with it.

You can also do a lot with 150 lineups. So maybe they stack some games around their core that they know have a low chance of paying off, yet if they do, it gives them a high chance at a top finish.

It takes some luck to win a GPP, terrible plays going off, overtime, etc. It’s rare you’ll look at a winning lineup and say, I can see all the reasons for those plays. Most of the time Chaos Theory takes hold. Meaning, something random, that no one expects to happen, happens, which catapults someone to a win.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Am I missing some news or coach speak? Why does RG think Embiid is going to sit?

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

Am I missing some news or coach speak? Why does RG think Embiid is going to sit?

BBM has him as questionable…..easy game versus Detroit, back to back, and he took some hits/falls last night.

Dwight 4300 versus Detroit 🤔

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).