• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -7 ) at Minnesota ( 7 ) — T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 8 ) at Brooklyn ( -8 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -8.5 ) at Detroit ( 8.5 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 10.5 ) at Dallas ( -10.5 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 6.5 ) at Utah ( -6.5 ) — T: 225
    9:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -9 ) at Chicago ( 9 ) — T: 227.5
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( -2.5 ) at Phoenix ( 2.5 ) — T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• efagan99

@efagan99 said...

I think there’s about a 10% chance LA doesn’t blow out CHI so he’s going in 10% of my lineups lol

Also going super light on CHI in general, because I think the most likely scenario is LA wins in a blowout, CHI doesn’t break 100, and they run a bunch of guys like 20-25 min and no one is necessary.

• NarrowJ

@Pandamonious said...

HQ seems little funky tonight. Weekends I guess.

I haven’t manually changed projections yet, but I know for a fact it has somehow booted back in random players I know I X’d out.

Yup, similar thing(s) as what is happening to me.

• efagan99

Oh good, Pels posted their lineup. We are all waiting on that one to make lineups

• NarrowJ

Also, whoever mentioned LaVine, I have him in about 10% as he has surprised in some spots. He torched the Clippers.

• monarch

I’m going to walk back my Cam Payne observation. He closed with CP3 last night when Booker went down so that bodes well for him tonight

• HungryHungryHip

@efagan99 said...

Also going super light on CHI in general, because I think the most likely scenario is LA wins in a blowout, CHI doesn’t break 100, and they run a bunch of guys like 20-25 min and no one is necessary.

You could say that(blowout) about every game tonight though. Then again, maybe I’m just scared because I have Lavine in half my max lineups

• gravitymaze

@Golfnut04240 said...

When do teams post lineups prior to tip? Is it 30 minutes?

Whenever they feel like it.

• Tajtrivedi

@Yeoman said...

Before MJ it wouldn’t have been the same at all, because there wasn’t anywhere near the level of investment there is now. Salaries have outpaced inflation by about 20-fold in the last 40 years. Marketing deals have outpaced salaries.

Players make money for teams. Ticket sales, TV, merch. If they are hurt, they aren’t as profitible for their team. It was the same then as it is now in that regard.

The difference now is that we have learned so much more about the human body and what it takes to perform at your peak over a sustained number of years.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

I’m going to walk back my Cam Payne observation. He closed with CP3 last night when Booker went down so that bodes well for him tonight

That Payne train is filling up fast. Get on now.

• efagan99

@HungryHungryHip said...

You could say that(blowout) about every game tonight though. Then again, maybe I’m just scared because I have Lavine in half my max lineups

True but blowouts don’t turn me off guys who are 5k or less. Pistons, wolves, cheap mavs and rockets. Not likely to truly bust. Lavine’s floor is scary, but his ceiling is insane

• dominicanpapi

FWIW, Simmons and Embiid went through pregame warmups. I’m guessing they will play and truthfully Doc did say he thinks they’ll play.

• captainwacky

I have a good amount of Lavine/AD lineups… significant ceiling vs. ownership there, but yes, it is likely that the Bulls are made into hamburger.

• Broncm

KD or Lebron?

• theIrrigator

Joel Embiid (back) available to play Saturday. https://t.co/tOhQ8cCcU2

• theIrrigator

Lineup note: Wolves will start Rubio, Beasley, Okogie, Vanderbilt, Reid on Saturday.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

That Payne train is filling up fast. Get on now.

And not announced but CP3 went to the floor with a knee on knee with Gary Harris and limped off the floor late in overtime.

• realphipps

Debate on the roughness of modern players vs more Durham posts… To all the long timers…

Which one is worse?

I’ll hangup and listen.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #38

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Payne and CP3 have played a total of five minutes together this season. Payne is only promised CP3’s bench minutes and CP3 is surprising involved on B2B’s. Payne is a pivot/hedge to CP3 IMO.

Yeah but last night with 2 minutes left it was Payne who subbed in for Booker when he got hurt. So Payne sharing with CP3 will clearly happen if what they do at the end of a game they are trying to win tells us anything. Having said that he likely doesn’t start as he has been CPs backup as you said so they will want one of them on court the whole time I’d think. But they should overlap especially if it’s a close game as will need scoring and shooting which Payne brings. Maybe Carter gets extra run but I’m not going there.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@captainwacky said...

I have a good amount of Lavine/AD lineups… significant ceiling vs. ownership there, but yes, it is likely that the Bulls are made into hamburger.

I don’t know. Bulls hung in with them in LA a couple weeks ago. Bulls might have their number.

• MRCOOKONUTS

Did Harris go thru pre game warm ups too?

• dominicanpapi

Embiid, Simmons and Harris all in.

• theIrrigator

Ben Simmons available to play Saturday. https://t.co/VbOS9IfI6C

Tobias Harris available to play Saturday. https://t.co/qJjjevkuGM

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

The Sixers big 3 are in

• efagan99

@realphipps said...

Debate on the roughness of modern players vs more Durham posts…

The former is okay at first, but gets annoying the more people go on about it. Durham posts were annoying at first, but got progressively more hilarious the more he dug in and got riled up.

+1 for rather have durham posts lol

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t know. Bulls hung in with them in LA a couple weeks ago. Bulls might have their number.

I mean… Lavine can get hot enough to overcome any matchup… it’s just a matter of if.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).