• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -7 ) at Minnesota ( 7 ) — T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 8 ) at Brooklyn ( -8 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -8.5 ) at Detroit ( 8.5 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 10.5 ) at Dallas ( -10.5 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 6.5 ) at Utah ( -6.5 ) — T: 225
    9:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -9 ) at Chicago ( 9 ) — T: 227.5
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( -2.5 ) at Phoenix ( 2.5 ) — T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• realphipps

I played Payne last night.

• HungryHungryHip

So let me see if I have this right. Dallas is going to blow out Houston and Doncic is on back to back so he’s not a good play. You can’t play Harden/Durant/Irving because they all share too much usage. Jokic is too expensive and Phoenix will be blown out. The Lakers are going to blow out Chicago so no Davis/James.

Just leave 2-3K in salary and you should win I guess

• NarrowJ

Random nugget after seeing a couple of Saddiq Bey mentions in the first few pages:

Jerami Grant averages 23 field goal attempts per game in 3 games Blake Griffin has missed.

• theIrrigator

@captainwacky said...

I don’t know which site you’re on, but I’m jamming John Wall into my lineups on both sites and he’s in the same price range as Paul. Obviously a small bit of risk with his knee, but I think if he’s out there he’s out there to play minutes, and there’s nothing in his way from having a ton of usage.

Agreed love Wall

• Njsum1

@Brendan239 said...

The stand corrected about Det value – Wellington very much in play.

Beef or the Duke of? 😁😜

• theIrrigator

@captainwacky said...

Payne pretty clearly IMO… If we think Paul doesn’t get the extended run + there’s a chance the suns get smoked, his opportunity at a blowup is much greater.

Yep and not to mention he should get a mins boost either way

• IT4MVP

Grant, Bam, Tate, and Nunn are the guys I’m heavy on

• theIrrigator

@NarrowJ said...

Random nugget after seeing a couple of Saddiq Bey mentions in the first few pages:

Jerami Grant averages 23 field goal attempts per game in 3 games Blake Griffin has missed.

Yeah I wont be messing with Bey. I want Grant, Wright, and Jackson.

• captainwacky

@theIrrigator said...

Yeah I wont be messing with Bey. I want Grant, Wright, and Jackson.

Yep. I’m taking some shots on Stewart here and there as well.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #38

RG Tiered Ranking

Two takes today I was thinking about and want to throw out there:

1) Someone mentioned Spida Mitchell and Shaq. I was watching that on Thursday and it was interesting. The TNT fellas were discussing how they love Mitchell but he is not that next level guy because he basically only effects the game on one end and even within that it is limited. Specifically, they pointed out how in his entire career he has only had ONE double digit assist game and ONE double digit rebound game out of like 250 games or something (that is truly remarkable for the minutes he plays and how often he has the ball). Chuck and Shaq were blown away by that. Then he, almost as if Mitchell was watching the halftime show in the locker room lol, went out and dropped like 20 and 5 and 5 in the 2nd half or something like that. Following the game he joined them for an interview and Shaq basically called him out and asked him point blank about how one dimensional he is and what they were talking about. It was awkward and Mitchell gave like a one word answer and was clearly bothered. Basically, I am not sure if it means he may be motivated to fill up the stat sheet after being called out by two hall of famers or if it doesn’t mean much other than to show just how scoring dependent for DFS Mitchell is. I can’t stand playing Mitchell but am kind of considering it after Thursday.

2) That same night they interviewed AD after the Lakers win. He stressed how he was basically annoyed he was struggling and was trying to not let it get to him and keep playing his game. I immediately thought, next game he is balling out and Lebron is going to let him eat. Then I see he gets an awesome matchup in his hometown nonetheless. I stopped my addiction of playing AD a few weeks ago but I am back on it big time! Let’s go!

• Njsum1

@NarrowJ said...

I ran some queries on Court IQ using possible lineups and the other cheap forward seemed to be the one that popped, although the sample sizes are quite small.

Could be Cam, he probably popped because pf versus Denver is a thing.

My thinking is Bridges is more of a priority for the team, judging by how many minutes he gets. They might give Ayton more shots as well. Booker has a lot of usage

• Njsum1

@ImADonk11 said...

Basically, I am not sure if it means he may be motivated to fill up the stat sheet after being called out by two hall of famers or if it doesn’t mean much other than to show just how scoring dependent for DFS Mitchell is. I can’t stand playing Mitchell but am kind of considering it after Thursday.

Mitchell is projected to do well tonight. Projections like him a lot as a strong PPD play.

So if he does well, will it be because his price is relatively low and he has a good matchup or is it because he’ll be trying extra hard?

• Krispac23

I don’t blame Shaq calling out Mitchell. Dude is not a top level player. He’s not a great passer and not a great defender. He’s a blowed up version of Jordan clarkson with 200M contract IMO.

• superjon

Luka puts up 60 last night and then has his price lowered to 10.8k (the first time he’s been under 11k) for a plus matchup against Houston.

I get the feeling he’s sitting.

• theIrrigator

@ImADonk11 said...

stand playing Mitchell but am kind of considering it after Thursday.

2) That same night they interviewed AD after the Lakers win. He stressed how he was basically annoyed he was struggling and was trying to not let it get to him and keep playing his game. I immediately thought, next game he is balling out and Lebron is going to let him eat. Then I see he gets an awesome matchup in his hometown nonetheless. I stopped my addiction of playing AD a few weeks ago but I am back on it big time! Let’s go!

Same. Never play Mitchell and don’t really want to tonight. I’m sure I will keep him in my player pool and get a few shares just in case. With you on AD. I want some Lebron also

• theIrrigator

@Njsum1 said...

Could be Cam, he probably popped because pf versus Denver is a thing.

My thinking is Bridges is more of a priority for the team, judging by how many minutes he gets. They might give Ayton more shots as well. Booker has a lot of usage

I’m playing some Cam

• Tajtrivedi

Got Doncic, Wall, AD and Grant in one line on FD and I really like it. Which means it will no doubt fail hard

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

I’m playing some Cam

I’ll probably have a couple shares, yet I think Bridges is a better play.

Could be wrong, yet Bridges has put up multiple 40 🍔‘s with Booker and seems to do a bit of everything lately. I’m guessing he’ll have a decent role tonight

• monarch

@ifthethunder said...

Statmuse can’t help me. Anyone else have thoughts?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/chris-paul-dk-game-log-without-devin-booker
    ~

You need to run CourtIQ.

Run it with Devin Booker off. Then run it with Devin Booker and Chris Paul off

• frugal

@superjon said...

Luka puts up 60 last night and then has his price lowered to 10.8k (the first time he’s been under 11k) for a plus matchup against Houston.

I get the feeling he’s sitting.

DAL almost lost vs SAS giving up a strong lead and letting it get down to a 1 point game near the end. With all the guys DAL has out, they really can’t afford to be playing around with rest days.

• Brendan239

Pivoted off the stars/scrubs/chalk to a Jamal Murray LU. I think Jamal sees 1 more game with high usage before they “unleash” MPJ and Ayton has done very well vs Denver. The other 2 guys are playing on short-handed teams which will boost usage but everyone will be playing the scrubs from those teams.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

But that’s the thing about traps… they seem like no brainers :)

Valid point though. I might tone my Wall enthusiasm down, but I’ve been pairing him with Luka so it implies they would keep it a game.

That’s how the pro’s do it right there.

Either capture all the magic with Luka and Wall or let them both disappoint. Instead of potentially hurting a bunch of random line ups with 1, just nuke them. If the game goes high and tight though like it can, them it’s a whole other explosion.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

You need to run CourtIQ.

Run it with Devin Booker off. Then run it with Devin Booker and Chris Paul off

The sample is Tiny, yet Cam Johnson has seen a nice bump in usage. Not sure if that’s something to bank on, or just had to do with the flow of 1 or 2 games.

• realphipps

Seems like a spot for Lonzo to pad his line with peripherals.

• Bodiaz36

I hardly ever play Lonzo but I agree. Real nice spot for him against a bad defensive team, game should be fast-paced. Always with triple-double upside. For 5400, sign me up

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).