7:30 PM EST : Miami ( -8.5 ) at Cleveland ( 8.5 ) —- T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -2.5 ) at Houston ( 2.5 ) —- T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Memphis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 11 ) at Milwaukee ( -11 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 10 ) at Utah ( -10 ) —- T: 222
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Kmasonbx

@wafic said...

It’s the way he plays. I think I heard he’s at 263 points scored in the last 5 games and all the poins are unassisted. That’s just outrageous. He is winning though.

I’ve seen people use this as negative but this is incredible. It means he isn’t getting any easy baskets, his teammates aren’t setting him up. The reason is three fold, the offense with all these injuries has dwindled down to “James, do something.” But when someone else has the ball none of these guys are really playmakers so them creating for someone else isn’t what they do, even more importantly is that NOBODY is helping off Harden.

Watch how hard Harden has to work to get the ball in the half court, even when he doesn’t have the ball the defense is out on him 30 feet from the basket, they are not letting him get any clean catches. It’s tough to get assisted buckets when A) you aren’t playing with any good passers, and B) the defense never lets you catch the ball with an opportunity to immediately shoot.

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

I can think of three guards who have a huge incentive to try to put up big numbers in the next couple of games. Those being Deangelo, Bledsoe and Middleton. I think they are all going to be trying to impress the coaches for one of those last couple of All Star spots. Tonight is probably not the night to play Bled or Middleton though as there is so much value at their positions.

You’re right about their motive.. but that’s not entirely pertinent to the value of the guards who are below them who are likely to get 25-35 points for $3500.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@dominicanpapi said...

With Plumlee getting significant minutes, is it really necessary to play Kanter at this point? Just eat the chalk lol

Why not both?

• mr_papageorgio

LineupHQ has Plumlee’s ceiling at 70 DK points tonight…

• Vamos Lado de Blanco!!! Highest scoring Center on the docket tonight!!!!!!!

• gregsl

@be47320 said...

Would it really be shocking if that clown fizdale gives Kanter 25 minutes tonight. I don’t think so. There’s no rhyme or reason to anything the knicks do.

Not for DFS but Fiz is in 100% evaluation and tank mode. He’s going to give Burke another chance at some point, maybe tonight with Mudiay out. He doesn’t care about winning games, he just wants to see which players should stick around when KP comes back. Sucks for us.

• captainwacky

@mr_papageorgio said...

He’s like a horse-faced James Harden, but for 1/4 the cost!

• Gadnuk

If Kanter is STARTING, I will be all over him. He is too cheap. if he is not starting, then I cant be anywhere near him. Its honestly that simple. He is cheap enough where if he STARTS and gets 20 minutes he can crush value.

• Idontknow

Harden has made 218 threes this year. Of those, 25 have come off an assist lmao

• dominicanpapi

@Pandamonious said...

Why not both?

I play on FD, so I can only use one center anyway but even if Enes starts, there’s no guarantee he’ll get 25 minutes. Fizdale has been looking for a reason NOT to play him for months.

• hobbes2d

@realphipps said...

Panda, hobbes, other smart people…

Melton out. Crawford probably out. Which PHX guard benefits?

Someone has to do something, especially if the game is outta hand in the 4th?

I would imagine it would be Daniels.

• DirkDigglerz

@mr_papageorgio said...

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

As far as Russell is concerned, he also seems to be playing for his next contract (this summer). As soon as Dinwiddie got paid it seemed like Russell started to fill the stat sheet. Regardless, he definitely seems to be playing with more of incentive here recently.

I don’t think it had much to do with Dinwiddie really, he’s been playing for a contract all year.

• hobbes2d

@Idontknow said...

Fun fact: Harden recently passed Kobe Bryant’s career total for 3PM in about 450 less attempts lol.

• frugal

@Gadnuk said...

If Kanter is STARTING, I will be all over him. He is too cheap. if he is not starting, then I cant be anywhere near him. Its honestly that simple. He is cheap enough where if he STARTS and gets 20 minutes he can crush value.

• ASitar

I’ve got Trier in all 4 of my DK LUs. Too much exposure. He should get 30+ minutes so he shouldn’t completely bust

• chronoxiong

@frugal said...

I don’t think it had much to do with Dinwiddie really, he’s been playing for a contract all year.

And Vucevic this season as well. Thats why both guys been balling out. I really like Vucevic tonight but we can only play one Center on FD and two on Yahoo. Playing Plumdog on both sites is going to limit the upside that Vucevic can give you tonight. I’m torn on this. Ugh.

• gaelicgirl

@Idontknow said...

This only works in the regular season. Will he even have any legs left by the time the playoffs roll around?

• Wooden_Bones

@frugal said...

Yes, but Russell’s play/numbers picked up after Dinwiddie signed an extension in December. It could be a coincidence, but it could also be “shit, I deserve to get paid as well”.

• draggin49

Is Murray worth playing now that Barton /Harris are back ? I get that the jokic usage will have to go somewhere just wasn’t sure if those two guys being back hurt his gpp upside . He’s $7100 on dk

Plumlee is cheap , not sure how many of jokic normal mins he will play . Millsapp I haven’t heard much on. Seems his mins are down quite a bit over the last 5 games not sure exactly why ?

As for harden sure there is a chance he could dud , but there have been a number of guys who posted monster games with kawhi Leonard playing .

I love playing Kanter and the matchup is prime , but Fizdale is garbage . He cannot be trusted .

• hobbes2d

@realphipps said...

Panda, hobbes, other smart people…

Melton out. Crawford probably out. Which PHX guard benefits?

Someone has to do something, especially if the game is outta hand in the 4th?

Are you just assuming Crawford is out? I haven’t seen any news about him. I’m curious because Booker’s FPPM jump significantly if he’s out…

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

Yes, but Russell’s play/numbers picked up after Dinwiddie signed an extension in December. It could be a coincidence, but it could also be “shit, I deserve to get paid as well”.

Russells looking for a lot more than Dinwiddie got…

• Idontknow

@gaelicgirl said...

This only works in the regular season. Will he even have any legs left by the time the playoffs roll around?

Just needs a spare one lol

• keephustlincuz

@hobbes2d said...

I would imagine it would be Daniels.

Won’t okobo play 28 minutes?

• Wooden_Bones

@frugal said...

Russells looking for a lot more than Dinwiddie got…

I know. I wasn’t implying he wants Dinwiddie’s contract. My point is he saw his teammate, another guard, get paid and he just might be thinking that he wants paid what he feels he’s worth as well. I’m not in his head, but his recent increase in production has coincided with Dinwiddie signing an extension.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).