7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( ) at Orlando ( ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -7.5 ) — T: 235.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -10 ) at Cleveland ( 10 ) — T: 214.5
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( -1.5 ) at Dallas ( 1.5 ) — T: 222.5
    9:00 PM EST : Boston ( -8 ) at Chicago ( 8 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 8.5 ) at Golden State ( -8.5 ) — T: 225.5
    10:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 5.5 ) at Portland ( -5.5 ) — T: 223

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• RipCityRings

Shot myself in the foot tonight by moving away from these late games in the main chasing dubious value, but still managed to cash with Lowry which is a minor miracle. Would’ve had way more Kanter and MPJ had I known they’d both be only 7%. Naturally my late slate lineup on FD put up 360 which is substantially better than anything I put in the main. Wish MIN and OKC played every night…

• zline34

Man every lineup I made was over 300 points but ton fell short in the 310-20 range of cashing. Thanks Simmons

• zline34

Nanturally the lineup I made 24 hours ago was my best one. That’s why I never change the first lineup I make even with all the news.

• Jokey401

Does anyone find MLB easier than NBA these days? Honest question, I’m thinking of just taking the little bit of money I won in NFL and trying to learn MLB, I’m breaking even in NBA, barely, but the amount of hours I put into it, just not worth it.

Plus, I just know baseball more than I know basketball. Any thoughts appreciated.

• tmarohl

@zline34 said...

Man every lineup I made was over 300 points but ton fell short in the 310-20 range of cashing. Thanks Simmons

On FD I had some 379’s, good for 20 bucks.

• captainwacky

Cashed everything despite having 50 percent murray on FD. Probably wouldn’t have taken something down, but had some pretty solid runners even with him.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

Wow…13th in the Mid Range Jumper on Dk, 10th in the and one, my lineup train cashed also. On fd won cashed all but one for a small profit. So tilting when I had everything almost right but Jokic gets me 40…. had tons of Luka, Min/Gs and Port. Not enough Kanter though. Hope you guys did well. tomorrow I’m just stacking the Hou game 20 different ways.

• miggs6876

Played a $1 satelite entry and won it. There were 18 in the field and my 361 won by 30 points. I won a $15 pga. Mega entry. Hope I can turn that into some good money.

• JMAC126

@SkateFiend said...

NBA DFS is a totally different game compared to 2015 or even 2017.

It just seems to me that in the event a star misses a game, some teams just give everyone 20 minutes of playing time. Look at the Minnesota game. I see no reason why players like Reid and Edwards doesn’t get 30 minutes each run the show while Towns is out.

Chasing value is now more risky than anytime that I played NBA. When you guess wrong, it goes hideously wrong. And on top of that, a lot of mid tier forwards and guards just can never be consistent. So much of the emphasis is on outside shooting now and that encourages teams to semi punt big men positions. When the 3 pointers aren’t falling and assists and rebounds aren’t there to salvage production, any players in your lineup can sink it.

It depends on the team and usually it’s not just 1 player being out, you need multiple guys out at similar spots like with the Blazers. The T-Wolves had 11 guys get more then 10 minutes tonight but they were just missing Kat and D’Lo. Reid also was in foul trouble 2 minutes into the game then eventually fouled out. He would’ve been good for 29/30.

• beare

jokey mlb can be tough also pitching is they key and also must follow weather forecast .

• zline34

Theis Kanter Vandy stack good for 100k cant hate on it. Good lineup

• RipCityRings

@tmarohl said...

This has to be the most disappointing year of NBA DFS for me so far ever. Can’t seem to get a decent cash. so many landmines.

I agree, this year has been brutal since the second or third week. There’s been a lot of Covid variance, crazy bad chalk going off, but also just really sharp competition.

I do think this season’s rookie class has had a unique impact, as we’ve seen a lot of extremely streaky and ridiculous performances from the Maxeys, Vincents, Quickleys, etc of this surprisingly deep draft class, and then a lot of sudden growth and/or regression from guys like Boucher, Keldon, Vanderbilt, Bazley… While at the same time our preconceptions of the studs of yore not always aligning with reality. It’s really weird to live in a world where Harden is taking single-digit FGAs, AD rarely hits 50, etc. Massive increase in blowouts is also a big factor in making DFS harder than ever.

Edit: Vincent was from 2018, so toss him in the growth/regression camp.

• zline34

@RipCityRings said...

I agree, this year has been brutal since the second or third week. There’s been a lot of Covid variance, crazy bad chalk going off, but also just really sharp competition.

I do think this season’s rookie class has had a unique impact, as we’ve seen a lot of extremely streaky and ridiculous performances from the Maxeys, Vincents, Quickleys, etc of this surprisingly deep draft class, and then a lot of sudden growth and/or regression from guys like Boucher, Keldon, Vanderbilt, Bazley… While at the same time our preconceptions of the studs of yore not always aligning with reality. It’s really weird to live in a world where Harden is taking single-digit FGAs, AD rarely hits 50, etc. Massive increase in blowouts is also a big factor in making DFS harder than ever.

I agree I can see this class being super deep compared to what people think. These kids are ready to ball at age 20 now. The streaky part is hard to nail though, which is why I like to play PF/C for younger guys as it seem easier to judge what type of floor I’m getting.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

The biggest joke is the guy who is going to win on DK has Howard.

Yeah that sucked. I had Howard in 10/10 on DK, yet had my best night in a couple weeks. He was cheap enough that 15 DK for 4300 didn’t crush a good lineup.

My best lineup scored 343.25, and another at 327, couple others around 310. If Howard would have went off it could have been really nice as only about 10% of the lineups ahead of my top lineup had him. Still, I’ll take it 🤷‍♂️

• jdtrey

For the 9th time in 10 nights I put the substantially lower scoring of my 2 DK lineups in the forum contest :)

• Njsum1

@RipCityRings said...

AD rarely hits 50, etc. Massive increase in blowouts is also a big factor in making DFS harder than ever.

It’s just too much news to digest every night.

I posted this earlier, yet this whole season has been like the last 2-3 weeks of a non COVID nba season. I can deal with it for a couple weeks, yet it’s starting to make my head spin…haha

• tmarohl

Didn’t even lose bad. Just disappointed in some of my plays. Like why would I play Dray in any of my lineups, i had little, but still? I know he sucks. Why would I play any Timberwolves, I know they all suck. Why would I play Ben Simmons. I know he really sucks.

• RandysCrow

Well finished the RG Single Entry series entry in 398th place with a 360.3. Good enough start I guess.

Stupid Jokic…

• zline34

@tmarohl said...

Didn’t even lose bad. Just disappointed in some of my plays. Like why would I play Dray in any of my lineups, i had little, but still? I know he sucks. Why would I play any Timberwolves, I know they all suck. Why would I play Ben Simmons. I know he really sucks.

3 gamer tomorrow gross. God I miss 10+ game slates. I knew better than to play Simmons tonight, but he got me there the past few slates so I thought I owed it to him.

• tmarohl

Like here, if Jokic has a normal game, I crush.

Luka 82.2
    Delon 55.9
    Diallo 23.6
    Ellington 25.9
    Oubre 38.2
    Anthony 39.7
    Bam 45.5
    Roby 27.1
    Joker 41

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

I had a bunch of Simmons. He was a good play. He scored 25 DK in 21 minutes. If he didn’t get into foul trouble that was 40dk easy.

Had Simmons in a 327 lineup. That kinda night, lots of smash and crash plays

• gaelicgirl

379.4 in the After Hours for 3/5952

So close to the winning LU of 380.7

• Njsum1

@zline34 said...

3 gamer tomorrow gross. God I miss 10+ game slates. I knew better than to play Simmons tonight, but he got me there the past few slates so I thought I owed it to him.

I need a nice easy slate…haha

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

Congrats!!! Nice!!!

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

What did that pay GG?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).