Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 7 ) at Okla City ( -7 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 3.5 ) at Minnesota ( -3.5 ) —- T: 212
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 6.5 ) at Denver ( -6.5 ) —- T: 229
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 13.5 ) at Utah ( -13.5 ) —- T: 203.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Ronboogie6

A lot of negativity today is everyone as hungover as I am?

With that being said I like stacking the two late games.

• JSteele

Hmm Mark Cuban said Westbrook is not a superstar and pissed him off.

• mataug21

Looks like the perfect slate to take the night off and regroup…

• huronriverrat

@TrustinthePlan said...

Took 297.5 to cash in the quarter arcade last night on DK. That was highest I have seen in a long time. I have a buddy who said the same thing lloydjv1 did and had several lineups between 296 and 325 and said he didn’t cash in anything he played in. High scoring night last night.

had 326 on DK last night in all 3 entry and single entry contests…. finished 1st in a few double ups, and top 8% in all the tournaments. not sure what your buddy is playing where 325 on DK did not cash last night.

• draped

@JSteele said...

Hmm Mark Cuban said Westbrook is not a superstar and pissed him off.

I’m not a big Westbrook supporter when it comes to DFS, but who is going to stop him tonight? Only thing is if he just doesn’t play a lot.

• astauty

good lord. 3 pages of people bitching about last nights scores. no info on todays slate. this thread is a dumpster fire.

• TNYooper

342 last night. By far my best score (Normally only play one team). First time I created a notepad document and made a lot of calculations beforehand, primarily with pace & defensive efficiency. Definitely helped convince me to stay away from certain players whom I probably otherwise would’ve taken (e.g. Conley).

• demato320

@dunbarnation said...

I agree with you. I scored a 355 last night. Despite the low cash, it felt good looking at other lineups and seeing what changes would have made the difference. I think i like doing only 1-2 lineups better right now. With all the injury news, it makes it extremely difficult to change 10-15 lineups in just a few minutes while taking into account usage rates, lineup allocation, etc.

Thats a great approach to NBA DFS. Risking fewer dollars. My strategy is between 6 and 12 lineups most days in low buy in tournaments, with high risk, high reward approach to lineup construction. With all the pros and tons of people buying lineups from lineup providers its difficult to get a big cash let alone a min cash.

• demato320

@astauty said...

good lord. 3 pages of people bitching about last nights scores. no info on todays slate. this thread is a dumpster fire.

Doesnt happen all the time….Last night was a tough pill to swallow.

• Ronboogie6

Core Bledsoe, Westbrook, and Jokic?

• coachearnest

I read something on here that has changed my DFS life. So i’ll share it and take it if you want. About a month ago I stopped reading grinddown, looking at projections, or listening to podcasts. Before I stopped all of that I honestly researched and read articles pretty much all day at work. After I quit doing all of that I started winning. I do my own research. I do not let anyone affect my decisions. I found a guy on here that we share texts throughout the day that helps tremendously. I’ve only been doing this a month so it’s a short timeline but I’ve been more successful than I ever have.

1st I check the back to back tab. If a team is playing 3/4 b2b on the road I instantly do not play their players. (Unless someone set out one of the games of course)

2nd. I check the Dvp on first look and make a rough draft lineup. (I target teams that have bad defensive efficiency also)

3rd- I have the rotogrinders app and throughout the day when someone is out I run the court IQ and if a player gets a usage bump I play them.

4th- About 15 minutes before lock I go to sports spyder to see if any news is listed about the players in my lineup.

• lastcallcasualty

Add Hassan Whiteside to my “don’t ever roster” list. Along with a few others…..

Mike Conley
    Ryan Anderson
    Brandon Ingram
    Anthony Davis

• jecarl2

@mrmogz said...

There’s no way a 330 on DK doesn’t cash except in a freeroll.

It wont cash in a microbooster, not last night on DK. I had a handful of lineups exceed 300 last night and didnt cash a dime. It feels like the cash line is a little higher this year and with the increased rake there is no room for error. I reviewed my lineups this morning and I wouldnt change a thing If I had the chance to re-do them with the exception of the two that had Whiteside.

• ludagrizz

@coachearnest said...

I read something on here that has changed my DFS life. So i’ll share it and take it if you want. About a month ago I stopped reading grinddown, looking at projections, or listening to podcasts. Before I stopped all of that I honestly researched and read articles pretty much all day at work. After I quit doing all of that I started winning. I do my own research. I do not let anyone affect my decisions. I found a guy on here that we share texts throughout the day that helps tremendously. I’ve only been doing this a month so it’s a short timeline but I’ve been more successful than I ever have.

1st I check the back to back tab. If a team is playing 3/4 b2b on the road I instantly do not play their players. (Unless someone set out one of the games of course)

2nd. I check the Dvp on first look and make a rough draft lineup. (I target teams that have bad defensive efficiency also)

3rd- I have the rotogrinders app and throughout the day when someone is out I run the court IQ and if a player gets a usage bump I play them.

4th- About 15 minutes before lock I go to sports spyder to see if any news is listed about the players in my lineup.

Trying this today

• lastcallcasualty

Tonight is the kind of night where 300 people will tie for first place.

• ppierce

@coachearnest said...

I wonder sometimes about the info given during the podcasts. These guys play dfs for a living. Why would they share their best plays with thousands of people? If u listen all they basically say in the podcasts is “I don’t mind so and so” They never tell you their favorite plays on the slate.

• jtkucheck

It’s alarming to come on here after a night like last night and read the comments that are like “man I rocked it last night, gonna put more into play”… rising tide lifts all boats y’all.

No one made a quantum leap in their process last night, I guarantee it. There was a ton of value, and a lot of the popular plays did well. If you had Brow, your night sucked. If you had Harden instead of punting at SG, you probably did OK but not as well as you could have. If you didn’t have Gasol (I had100% Gasol) or you completely ignored ATL/CHI because that game was ugly AF on the surface (I had 0% ATL/CHI), you missed out on a lot of value.

The reason high volume players will have a lineup or two that does extremely well (GPP winning well) is that volume and software make it difficult to miss out on value in wholesale ways the way that human thought process does. Software doesn’t allow for bias like “Chi on a B2B that doesn’t have a PG means they will get blown out so just move on to the next game” at such binary levels, it calculates probability and adjusts accordingly. Software also doesn’t say “I’m scared of Isaiah Thomas against Beverly defense so I’ll fade him completely”, it just has less exposure Isaiah Thomas (but still might have him in the GPP winning lineup).

Side note… can the DFS community agree on a nickname for Boston’s PG? IT2 or IT4… Pick one.

• draped

@coachearnest said...

I completely agree with you that doing your own research is the most important aspect of DFS. But I would disagree with the point about not listening to podcast and reading articles. I would rephrase that to be: When you are listening to podcast or reading articles don’t just look for who they are saying are elite/good/bad plays but instead just pay attention to the reasons behind what they are saying. And then using your own logic combined with your research determine if YOU think they are elite/good/bad plays.

• ludagrizz

Wasn’t going to share this pick but: Justin Anderson usage rate is crazy high with all the injuries, and recently had 30 fpts in only 16 min

• ppierce

Another thing is so much of winning big money in a gpp is 1) volume if you have 100s of lineups your gonna hit something 2) Luck if you only play a few lineups your basically just playing the lotto.

Professionals know no more then you and I. They just have big bankrolls and play tons of lineups.

• draped

@ppierce said...

I wonder sometimes about the info given during the podcasts. These guys play dfs for a living. Why would they share their best plays with thousands of people? If u listen all they basically say in the podcasts is “I don’t mind so and so” They never tell you their favorite plays on the slate.

their job is not to tell you “my favorite play is…..”. So if that’s what you are looking for then DFS is not for you. Their job is to tell you about the games and matchups and point out any information. It is up to YOU to determine YOUR favorite plays. I personally think they do a great job and I get lots of useful information from them to kick start my research.

• River2009

Bledsoe,Towns, Barnes, Gobert Core looks really nice tonight

• coachearnest

@draped said...

I completely agree with you that doing your own research is the most important aspect of DFS. But I would disagree with the point about not listening to podcast and reading articles. I would rephrase that to be: When you are listening to podcast or reading articles don’t just look for who they are saying are elite/good/bad plays but instead just pay attention to the reasons behind what they are saying. And then using your own logic combined with your research determine if YOU think they are elite/good/bad plays.

I noticed everytime I listened to them they always made good points to play certain players and I would always go against my initial thoughts and it would hurt me. It’s like they were speaking to my subconscious lol.

• demato320

@TNYooper said...

342 last night. By far my best score (Normally only play one team). First time I created a notepad document and made a lot of calculations beforehand, primarily with pace & defensive efficiency. Definitely helped convince me to stay away from certain players whom I probably otherwise would’ve taken (e.g. Conley).

Great post…..I am a big fan of using spreadsheets. My daily routine is review my notes from the previous day. It gives me a chance to figure out what metrics are working and not working. Usually, I create great player pools that perform well every day. Unfortunately, the leak in my NBA DFS game is lineup construction. I dont balance my lineups correctly. I can become risk adverse at times and take the safe approach by rostering to many studs with the incorrect combination of low salaried players with good floors but low ceilings!

• draped

@coachearnest said...

I noticed everytime I listened to them they always made good points to play certain players and I would always go against my initial thoughts and it would hurt me. It’s like they were speaking to my subconscious lol.

ya ive noticed that too. or I would be high on someone and they wouldn’t mention them so I would not play them. but you learn to trust yourself the more you play. I definitely would be a worse player without them bc im new to NBA so they give me a nice head start on the day.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.