7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 5.5 ) at Cleveland ( -5.5 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 3.5 ) at Chicago ( -3.5 ) —- T: 220
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 6 ) at Milwaukee ( -6 ) —- T: 213
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Memphis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -3.5 ) at New Orleans ( 3.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( (Pick) ) at Dallas ( (Pick) ) —- T: 208.5
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3.5 ) at San Antonio ( -3.5 ) —- T: 203.5
    9:00 PM EST : New York ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Renodog

@NoLimits0 said...

NBA has been complete garbage for me and it seems like a lot of people. I wonder who’s even winning or is it like almost everyone’s losing and DK is just collecting the rake?

I won a ton tonight in cash with 318 in draftkings, beat chipotleadict and Moklovin, feels good after losing 3 straight days. I put 15 times the usual amount of $$$$ in tonight. Also, seems Lowry was cash chalk for the pros, I didn’t use him, but those two had him and still finished really.high. Giannis was the expert cash pick fyi, also didn’t have him.

• ZZGas22

By the way, new to the forum guys. Been using RG for awhile now. Figured I would check out the forum!

• scott33

@ZZGas22 said...

By the way, new to the forum guys. Been using RG for awhile now. Figured I would check out the forum!

Welcome! Liking Towns & Joker tomorrow if I decide to pay up for a C, Gortat is tempting at 3900 on FD against ATL, Jarrett Allen may be a nice value play as well. About to look at the other positions.

• Justing3

Yeah buddy cashed out $6.50 tonight haha LETS GO.!!! Looks like I play again tomorrow …. had more luck tonight a scratcher lottery ticket … hit 200$ off of a 30$ scratcher ..

• Justing3

Jarrett Allen is tempting.. if only he could surpass the 20min mark… but that’s def a player I had in mind for tomorrow

• chronoxiong

Scored 309.20 to win all my cash games and got minimum GPP cash. Barely that is. Well, I cashed about 50 cents in the Shot because it dropped all the way down to the final tying cashing scores. That’s what happens when my PFs were lowed owned LMA and Dirk. I thought since Dirk got 30 fdp against the Blazers in the last meeting, he could do it again since this was a home game. Nope, they got blown out. I thought LMA was as safe as can be at his price range since I couldn’t trust Griffin, Simmons and Porzingis (B2B game for him). But nope, the Spurs got blown out and outplayed badly. I should have known to not follow the chalk LaVine owners as I liked Courtney Lee below him. Lee hit value while LaVine sucked. But hey, at least I faded the chalk plays in Booker and Napier. That proved to be the difference maker for me too.

• scott33

@Justing3 said...

Jarrett Allen is tempting.. if only he could surpass the 20min mark… but that’s def a player I had in mind for tomorrow

No idea why he’s not getting more playing time over Zeller

• scott33

@chronoxiong said...

Scored 309.20 to win all my cash games and got minimum GPP cash. Barely that is. Well, I cashed about 50 cents in the Shot because it dropped all the way down to the final tying cashing scores. That’s what happens when my PFs were lowed owned LMA and Dirk. I thought since Dirk got 30 fdp against the Blazers in the last meeting, he could do it again since this was a home game. Nope, they got blown out. I thought LMA was as safe as can be at his price range since I couldn’t trust Griffin, Simmons and Porzingis (B2B game for him). But nope, the Spurs got blown out and outplayed badly. I should have known to not follow the chalk LaVine owners as I liked Courtney Lee below him. Lee hit value while LaVine sucked. But hey, at least I faded the chalk plays in Booker and Napier. That proved to be the difference maker for me too.

Good job broski, I was in one of your 50/50’s. I think I finished 2nd (screen name- RonnieDobbs82). Booker getting tossed killed that LU in GPPs bc they got blown out afterwards & KP (who I also had) didn’t see the floor again either. Still turned into a nice profit but could’ve been so much more. If LMA, Dirk, & Levine all hit value you woulda had 350 easy.

• emoney1214

@chronoxiong said...

Ever thought about entering a smaller or a single entry GPP? You are playing the lottery with the shot. Also you seem to be very results orientated, always getting pissed about what happened, instead of what was most probable to happen. Taking a step back sometimes and seeing why a player was a good choice even though he busted makes you feel better about your process. Lavine took 17 shots. He just shot terribly.

• superjon

@NoLimits0 said...

Ok that’s understandable. Hmm I guess I’m not that good at DFS. I’m amazing at finding out numbers and stats though but not good at applying them which is sad.

I work in finance (and I think so do like 3 others here including elemetsrat) and it’s like the same thing except I’m good at actually applying the numbers there. I don’t know why DFS is 10x harder but maybe it’s the rake or most people in finance are simply stupid and get jobs through connections.

No worries. I suck at DFS as well. The thing that’s made me improve though is learning you must consider all the factors. Very importantly is how is that player performing, and I don’t mean from a DFS standpoint. Rather, how well how they literally playing, and Lowry is currently under-performing.

Someone had mentioned Lowry’s three 50 fantasy point games vs Utah. None of those were this season, and in all of them he had to score over 30 real-life points. A feat he has only accomplished twice this season.

Good luck!!

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

Dipo price keeps rising amid not really performing that well recently. Strange lol

• JCULL

Went against my gut and bought into the noise on LaVine when I loved Gordon. That cost me a 363 LU (FD)

And against my gut again I took Booker over Sweet Lou. That cost me a 390 LU (FD)

I was destined to have a poor night once I missed the lock and ran 21 DK entries with my “place holder” LU

EH, still scratched out a small profit. Live to fight another day.

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

No worries. I suck at DFS as well. The thing that’s made me improve though is learning you must consider all the factors. Very importantly is how is that player performing, and I don’t mean from a DFS standpoint. Rather, how well how they literally playing, and Lowry is currently under-performing.

Someone had mentioned Lowry’s three 50 fantasy point games vs Utah. None of those were this season, and in all of them he had to score over 30 real-life points. A feat he has only accomplished twice this season.

Good luck!!

I don’t necessarily agree with this sentiment. Just for counter argument…Eric Gordon was also “too cheap.” He hadn’t been playing well yet he went out and smashed last night. Same with Ben Simmons a few nights ago…he was “too cheap” and wasn’t playing well, and he went out and put up the game of his career. Brandon Ingram was also “too cheap” hadn’t been playing all that well, and he went out and smashed it last night. I can go on and on..the fact is that bad games and variance happens, and we as DFS players just need to keep making our plays. Not plays someone else recommends, yet plays we know are good. Lowry was worth the risk IMO, regardless of current form, if the dude could have bought a bucket last night he would have been fine. He’s one play that didn’t work out. I had 25% Lowry last night and still had a good night, as many of the other “too cheap” players came through. You can’t expect all your plays to hit together all the time, it doesn’t work that way…until the day you Bink one.

I was surprised however that Lowry was higher owned than Derozan. Lowry was close to 35% while Derozan closer to 10%. I had Lowry in 5 of 20 and Derozan in 7 of 20. Not sure why Lowry gained all the steam there…if anything I would have thought their ownerships should be equal.

And here’s some of the best DFS advice I can give…if anyone cares…Listen to what other people say, yet do not take anyone picks or pans at face value. Listen, keep an open mind, then investigate on your own, and decide for yourself what to do.

• JCULL

@Njsum1 said...

I don’t necessarily agree with this sentiment. Just for counter argument…Eric Gordon was also “too cheap.” He hadn’t been playing well yet he went out and smashed last night. Same with Ben Simmons a few nights ago…he was “too cheap” and wasn’t playing well, and he went out and put up the game of his career. Brandon Ingram was also “too cheap” hadn’t been playing all that well, and he went out and smashed it last night. I can go on and on..the fact is that bad games and variance happens, and we as DFS players just need to keep making our plays. Not plays someone else recommends, yet plays we know are good. Lowry was worth the risk IMO, regardless of current form, if the dude could have bought a bucket last night he would have been fine. He’s one play that didn’t work out. I had 25% Lowry last night and still had a good night, as many of the other “too cheap” players came through. You can’t expect all your plays to hit together all the time, it doesn’t work that way…until the day you Bink one.

I was surprised however that Lowry was higher owned than Derozan. Lowry was close to 35% while Derozan closer to 10%. I had Lowry in 5 of 20 and Derozan in 7 of 20. Not sure why Lowry gained all the steam there…if anything I would have thought their ownerships should be equal.

And here’s some of the best DFS advice I can give…if anyone cares…Listen to what other people say, yet do not take anyone picks or pans at face value. Listen, keep an open mind, then investigate on your own, and decide for yourself what to do.

I don’t really understand “too cheap”…. those are just the guys I’m looking for.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).